Building a 2015 Super Snake Clone - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-18-2016, 08:35 PM   #71
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Happy wife=happy life. Or so I hear...
2000 Mustang GT Steeda build #48. Bolt ons, suspension, Novi 2000.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2016, 12:09 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
So...I now own a 2015 black GT premium with ebony interior and Recaro's for $33,500 (list price was $42,605 last year). That was a pretty ridiculous multi-week negotiation process. Did I say I hate car salesmen? Oh ya I did. But it's done. Car will be picked up by the transporter next week.

Haven't received the Shelby parts yet. Can't wait to see those pallets.
"All the options baby!"
medwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2016, 10:28 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwards View Post
That looks real nice. But....she wants something subdued. Matter of fact she wants NO stripe...I had to tell her it's NOT a super snake without a stripe. So...black stripe on a black car. She's getting her way on this one....sigh.
While you wait on your car & parts, research how to care for matt black stripes !!

" Chance favors the prepared mind "
2011 - lightly modded to 776rwhp.......documented " 1 of 2 "
&
2014 - detuned to 780rwhp
1 Alibi 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2016, 10:55 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2 View Post
While you wait on your car & parts, research how to care for matt black stripes !!
I've got a buddy that letters trucks for a business with vinyl lettering He's even able to make the Shelby Super Snake vinyl on the bottom of the front fender.
"All the options baby!"
Old 04-22-2016, 07:22 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I've got a buddy that letters trucks for a business with vinyl lettering He's even able to make the Shelby Super Snake vinyl on the bottom of the front fender.
Your friend should be able to tell you everything there is to know about maintaining matt stripes..

&
Old 04-27-2016, 08:21 AM   #76

Region: Australia
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1461766871.586030.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	200333Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1461766900.379667.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	200334

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xpigg...40371789339562

Mustang Evolution
xpiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 10:21 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Looking for shift light suggestions. I'd like something of decent looking quality (aluminum housing if possible). Would like to have launch RPM as well as shift RPM functions.

A lot look like they work, but there are complaints about the actual product looking a little cheap (ie/ wireless seems like a cool idea but review sucks http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pro-67006c ) . Also, idea of heads up display is a great idea but what about visibility during daylight hours (ie/ Mustang Shelby GT350 Gets Head-Up Shift indicator Lights – News – Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog). Do any shift lights have audible alarms as well (obviously it'd have to be pretty friggin loud at a drag strip with a helmet on).

I've been searching and keep finding the same MSD unit that functions as advertised (which is important), but doesn't seem to have a high quality look to it. The Raptor model lights have some great reviews and some horrible reviews (which are correct?).

I'm looking for something really simple. Comes on at launch RPM, then comes on at shift RPM. Probably two different colors depending on the RPM. Simple. Would love to hear from folks who have shift lights that they love, that work, and that look decent.

Help please!
"All the options baby!"
Old 05-01-2016, 11:32 AM   #78
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
I've used single and dual stage shift lights since they were invented...yes....I'm old.
The one I would recommend is;

https://store.schnitzracing.com/schn...oshift-output/

Most of my life I've raced automatics so I've used the MSD 7AL-3 which allows you to pretty much do whatever you want....1st stage is burnout, 2nd is launch and third are shifting points....When I had my blown Model A I used a boost ******.
The heads-up light in the GT350R is a lot like the windshield light in my ATS-V and I would assume could be put into the clone....with a little work.
The other thing I was going to mention is that I always like the shift light and or tach off to my right and up high....I would very seldom watch the tach and the LED light was easy to see out of the corner of my eye when staging in the left lane....in the right lane I could see the tach and light clearly....it's a matter of preference.
olerodder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 04:03 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

TU, but a question. That link goes to a schnitz light for a motorcycle install. I assume you knew that and it can be used on a car...but you know what they say about assuming, so I figured I'd ask the obvious question ---> it works on a car, right?
"All the options baby!"
Old 05-01-2016, 04:21 PM   #80
Registered Member

Regular

Short answer....Yep!
Old 05-01-2016, 07:55 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Just ordered two...one for each car.
"All the options baby!"
Old 05-01-2016, 08:44 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcturd81 View Post
How many dudes you know with a 60k fake ss? The answer is zero for a reason. And this dude isn't doing it either. He can't afford anything other than a used base gt. And that's totally ok. Been there done that. But come on...does anyone really think this will happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mods, please get rid of this troll. We don't need hateful or uneducated posters in this thread.
TRMN8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 08:57 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRMN8ER View Post
Mods, please get rid of this troll. We don't need hateful or uneducated posters in this thread.
Hold on...Let's not get anything going here. Everyone is allowed their opinion. Thank you for coming to the defense, but let's let opinions be made. This is a great thread so far and we've all been able to keep it fairly civil.
"All the options baby!"
Old 05-01-2016, 09:39 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hold on...Let's not get anything going here. Everyone is allowed their opinion. Thank you for coming to the defense, but let's let opinions be made. This is a great thread so far and we've all been able to keep it fairly civil.
That's your call to make, as this is your thread. I just would hate to see some Troll derail your great thread here, by implying that you are a liar. Nonetheless, I'm subbed and looking forward to your end result.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:01 PM   #85
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Have you received the car yet?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:30 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Just jealous that you a Super Snake and soon will have a clone too. You're my hero! Onwards soldier!

Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 05:35 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Have you received the car yet?
That has been one long process. I own the car, and the transporter (Image Auto Group of Las Vegas....awesome transporter that runs all over the country) is picking it up this week. Should have it early next week or maybe even this weekend.
"All the options baby!"
Old 05-03-2016, 08:08 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Presuming you ordered your parts from Shelby, what color blower did you get ??

&
Old 05-03-2016, 10:59 AM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Yup, red.
"All the options baby!"
Old 05-03-2016, 09:56 PM   #90
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:

Uhh...that was a month ago.

Mcturd81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 04:39 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Rhode Island
Quote:
Looking for shift light suggestions. I'd like something of decent looking quality (aluminum housing if possible). Would like to have launch RPM as well as shift RPM functions.
Your car comes factory with Launch Control... May I ask why you're concerned about launch RPM and not just simply the 'shift' part of the light??
TigerStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 05:49 AM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

I've played around with the launch control. To be honest, there is a lot going on when pulling up to the tree. And, if the car in the other lane stages quickly it's hard to be playing around with the buttons on the steering wheel while being concerned that the tree lights are going to start cycling. It's a lot simpler when all you need to do is press the gas to bring up the RPMs until a light on the dash turns yellow.

As I get better at drag racing maybe I'll have more composure to set the launch control after staging, but for now it's just too much for me to do me on the strip.
"All the options baby!"
Old 05-06-2016, 02:02 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Clone arrived this weekend. The dealership ended up not cleaning the car. I bought it two weeks ago and they knew when the car was being picked up. They said they didn't have enough time to clean it. It has a ding on the driver's door and what appears to be a burn mark in the passenger seat. ********. The dealership was Sheehy Ford of Gaithersburg, MD. I wouldn't suggest doing business with them. However, I can't complain too much as I got the car cheap and probably so because of a few flaws.

I'm going to the local dealership to have them run diagnostics on it to make sure there are other problems before I dive into it and void all the warranties.

Quick question.....I tore around the neighborhood with it. I realize it's not a Shelby, but I expected more from it. I turned off all the traction control, etc and could only get about a 40 foot burn out. I expected to be able to burn the tires off the car since it has 435HP. I tried binging revs to 5000 and dumping the clutch all the way to slipping the clutch with it floored (slipping the clutch is worse for the car but gave me the longest stretch of tire marks ) I could get a slight spin shifting to second and was able to chirp 3rd.

Is that it for a stock 2015 mustang? BTW, I noticed virtually no tire hop so either I'm doing something right or doing something wrong.

Oh and last point. The crackheads at Sheehy made me give them the registration money because they said I wouldn't qualify for the Ford incentives if I didn't. Ford said that wasn't true. But they wouldn't budge so I paid them the money two weeks ago. I was hoping to go to the drags tonight but I have neither the temporary plate nor the registration. WTF.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0007.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	185.9 KB
ID:	200671  
"All the options baby!"
Old 05-06-2016, 02:11 PM   #94
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
You have terrible luck getting 2 brand new cars with dents on them.

Sounds like the stealership stuck it to you on the wash and tags. Prob because they knew they were losing money on the deal. Like you said, oh well. I'd be pretty upset about the burn though. How's that even happen?

Man that poor car is looking sad with those wheels. I can't wait to see you start in on this thing.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 02:52 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Clone arrived this weekend. The dealership ended up not cleaning the car. I bought it two weeks ago and they knew when the car was being picked up. They said they didn't have enough time to clean it. It has a ding on the driver's door and what appears to be a burn mark in the passenger seat. ********. The dealership was Sheehy Ford of Gaithersburg, MD. I wouldn't suggest doing business with them. However, I can't complain too much as I got the car cheap and probably so because of a few flaws.

I'm going to the local dealership to have them run diagnostics on it to make sure there are other problems before I dive into it and void all the warranties.

Quick question.....I tore around the neighborhood with it. I realize it's not a Shelby, but I expected more from it. I turned off all the traction control, etc and could only get about a 40 foot burn out. I expected to be able to burn the tires off the car since it has 435HP. I tried binging revs to 5000 and dumping the clutch all the way to slipping the clutch with it floored (slipping the clutch is worse for the car but gave me the longest stretch of tire marks ) I could get a slight spin shifting to second and was able to chirp 3rd.

Is that it for a stock 2015 mustang? BTW, I noticed virtually no tire hop so either I'm doing something right or doing something wrong.

Oh and last point. The crackheads at Sheehy made me give them the registration money because they said I wouldn't qualify for the Ford incentives if I didn't. Ford said that wasn't true. But they wouldn't budge so I paid them the money two weeks ago. I was hoping to go to the drags tonight but I have neither the temporary plate nor the registration. WTF.
For bone stock, that seems about right. Even though the car has 435hp, a stock setup can only utilize so much, for various reasons. You are going from a bat **** crazy SS to a neglected base GT... There has to be at least a remote level of mental biasness from what you are used to driving... I would go drive a V6 S550 for a bit, then hop in your GT again... and see what you think .
Old 05-06-2016, 03:00 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

I just found out that the car has the 3:31 gears. That's why I can't burn up the tires.
"All the options baby!"
Old 05-06-2016, 03:06 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I just found out that the car has the 3:31 gears. That's why I can't burn up the tires.
That explains a lot. Damn, that is literally as base as base gets...
Old 05-06-2016, 03:28 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That explains a lot. Damn, that is literally as base as base gets...
Technically it's a GT Coupe Premium. It's got the large video screen and all the little levers for setting the drive modes, steering modes, etc, shaker 12 speaker audio, leather interior, Recaro option, voice activated navigation, reverse park assist, etc.

But, yes, as far as "go fast" options it is certainly base, base, base. There isn't anything upgraded in the suspension, brakes or rearend.

----> But there will be soon
"All the options baby!"
Old 05-07-2016, 06:12 AM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That may also be why you have virtually no hop lol no torque at the wheels rofl

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 05-07-2016, 08:54 AM   #100
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
I know I have an s197 and it's not the same comparison but my 5.0 had no problem smoking the tires or wheel hopping to China if I'd let it when it was stock. I have 3.31 gears.

I don't know if the translation from s197 to s550 makes that much of a difference but I thought I'd share.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 08:58 AM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I wouldn't blame it on the gears, the issue is under the hood !
( my 14 came with 3.31's )

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Quote:

I wouldn't blame it on the gears, the issue is under the hood !
( my 14 came with 3.31's )

&
Old 05-07-2016, 09:18 AM   #102
Registered Member

Regular

I would think the IRS reacts a little different than a live axle and it would be a little harder to get her spinning even though you've got 10 lbft of torque more than the S197. I know my 14TrakPak would go sideways with a fair amount of wheel hop when I picked it up and after replacing all of the OE rear suspension I got no more wheel hop and the car would go straight....the wheel spinning was still there even with the GT500 wheels and tires in the rear.
After driving a stock 15 it just felt more planted than my 14 even with all of my suspension mods...IMHO
Old 05-07-2016, 12:39 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

This was the best burnout. 47', full posi from the get go. Traction control off, normal driving mode. Stock Pirelli 235/50. Had to slip the clutch to get it to be that long though. The car never hesitated or stumbled. It hooked up and took off once it got traction and only spun for about 5 or 6 feet when I hit second. Gave a very pitiful "chirp" going into 3rd. Absolutely no wheel hop or misbehaving (the slight curl to the left at the end was me just giving myself a little more tar real estate for the shift to second). I will say with traction control on it knocked the length of the tire marks down at least 40%. Going from normal to track driving mode didn't seem to make any difference to tire spin while taking off in a straight line (haven't played with drifting yet...this poor car is going to be abused...).

The super snake on the other hand...well let's just say this car isn't yet evenly remotely comparable. The super snake will just sit and spin in the first 4 gears with street tires until you let off the gas. Changing traction control or driving modes doesn't seem to matter with her. I think the 825hp just overwhelms anything the computer is trying to accomplish.

(make sure you turn your head or the computer to view the image...hahahaha)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0031.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	200706  
"All the options baby!"
Old 05-07-2016, 03:17 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

So, if you're just trying to lay down tire marks, why not simply buy an old foxbody with a supercharger? Rofl

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 05-07-2016, 04:37 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerStang View Post
So, if you're just trying to lay down tire marks, why not simply buy an old foxbody with a supercharger? Rofl
My primary goal in laying down rubber was to experience the dreaded wheel hop everyone talks about. But, no wheel hop with the 6 speed manual / 3.31 gear ratio and stock 235/50 tires. So, I guess that's the combination to buy if you don't want wheel hop.

My second goal was to see what kind of spunk it has with it's current setup. I'm going to change out parts bit by bit and see how it changes the behavior. First mod is going to be those gears in a couple of weeks.

But I'm going drag it in the stock configuration before doing anything to get some timeslips with it stock. So, prior to hitting the strip I'm just playing to see how it behaves.

After the little bit of playing around I've done, I can see getting a real good hookup with very little tire spin with the 3.31's. But I'm not so sure my 60' and 330' times are going to be so hot. Hopefully I'll find out next Friday. Then I'll put in the 3.73's and take it back to the strip and see how much improvement that makes. I expect to be battling wheel spin with the 3.73's and the stock tires, but when it hooks up I should have much improved 60' and 330' numbers.

So, step one was to spin the tires, put down some rubber and see what happened. To my pleasant surprise....no wheel hop in first or second. I did that testing immediately after signing the delivery papers. The transporter said it was the first time he ever saw an owner hop in a newly delivered car and go screeching around. He was laughing pretty hard. Step two will be to the drag strip next Friday.

So, for now I'm done until I'm sitting at the tree waiting for the green. Oh ya, after the drag strip I'm going to a road course and see how it handles there as well before I modify anything.
"All the options baby!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Tags
super snake