I should have taken a better look at my window sticker when I bought the car. - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-20-2016, 09:37 AM   #36
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
he better not have any $ left.......
I don't! LOL

I would much rather make payments on things I truly want and happy with instead of making payments on things I know I won't keep.

Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kevin.cook2016/?hl=en
ZombieSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2016, 09:52 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieSlayer View Post
I don't! LOL

I would much rather make payments on things I truly want and happy with instead of making payments on things I know I won't keep.
This is EXACTLY why I bought an MKZ and then six months later, traded it for my 700/mo mustang and I couldn't be happier eating my ramen noodles

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
TigerStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:21 AM   #38
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerStang View Post
This is EXACTLY why I bought an MKZ and then six months later, traded it for my 700/mo mustang and I couldn't be happier eating my ramen noodles

HAHAHAHA!!! Well put! I am dining on leftovers as we speak! Savor the flavor!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2016, 11:05 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:

Wowwww you guys are paying 700 a month.. I turned down a deal on a 2016 gt premium because they quoted me for 460 a month.. Hmmm you got me thinking..

Sent from my SM-G935P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 02:30 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Over 12 years?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 02:42 PM   #41
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
Wowwww you guys are paying 700 a month.. I turned down a deal on a 2016 gt premium because they quoted me for 460 a month.. Hmmm you got me thinking..

Dude if that was gonna be your monthly payment, then I WOULD KILL for something like that. Lol

Old 04-20-2016, 02:45 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Dude if that was gonna be your monthly payment, then I WOULD KILL for something like that. Lol
dude are you sure? 460 is a good deal? should i run back to the dealership????
Old 04-20-2016, 03:20 PM   #43
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
dude are you sure? 460 is a good deal? should i run back to the dealership????
No one can answer this question, which I assume may be rhetorical?
Your payment amount depends on trade in value, new car discount amount, number of months for your payments, and the interest rate....it ultimately comes down to the difference between the trade in and the new one......
Worst case scenario, they've given you low book for your trade, discounted the new one almost none, and kept the interest rate near the top allowed...........then taken you out 72 or 78 months to artificially lower your payments.......
$460 a month for 78 months is $35,880............
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 03:26 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard 5.0 View Post
No one can answer this question, which I assume may be rhetorical?
Your payment amount depends on trade in value, new car discount amount, number of months for your payments, and the interest rate....it ultimately comes down to the difference between the trade in and the new one......
Worst case scenario, they've given you low book for your trade, discounted the new one almost none, and kept the interest rate near the top allowed...........then taken you out 72 or 78 months to artificially lower your payments.......
$460 a month for 78 months is $35,880............
thanks for the reply and yes it is for 72 months with a 3.99 rate.. they value my trade for 16,500 which is what i still owe on the car so they will cover that trade.. The reason why I am shocked because I am only paying about 340 right now but then again it is for a v6 with lesser price.. I cant just put it in my head to be paying 460 a month.. oh and this is with no down payment...
Old 04-20-2016, 04:12 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
thanks for the reply and yes it is for 72 months with a 3.99 rate.. they value my trade for 16,500 which is what i still owe on the car so they will cover that trade.. The reason why I am shocked because I am only paying about 340 right now but then again it is for a v6 with lesser price.. I cant just put it in my head to be paying 460 a month.. oh and this is with no down payment...
Yeahhhhh Mine is 75 months long, at 4.45% and my trade was worth 6000 less than I owed on it and I only had 6000 to cover the trade in. So I technically bought mine brand new with 0 down.
The deal you mentioned seems to be a little too good to be true, OR it is a bare bones GT with next to no options. Like cloth seats...
Otherwise, yeah I would kill for 460 a month lol anything less than 500 a month for a brand new car is pretty dang good! (Excluding cheap stuff like a Cruze)

Old 04-20-2016, 04:16 PM   #46
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

You should test drive that 5.0 a few times. That 460 a month will slowly become more and more reasonable. LOL

Old 04-20-2016, 05:08 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Over 12 years?

Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 05:26 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeahhhhh Mine is 75 months long, at 4.45% and my trade was worth 6000 less than I owed on it and I only had 6000 to cover the trade in. So I technically bought mine brand new with 0 down.
The deal you mentioned seems to be a little too good to be true, OR it is a bare bones GT with next to no options. Like cloth seats...
Otherwise, yeah I would kill for 460 a month lol anything less than 500 a month for a brand new car is pretty dang good! (Excluding cheap stuff like a Cruze)

No man its premium, leather seats back up camera and etc. I wish I was lying but this is what they told me, I ran and told them it wasn't on my budget now thinking about it I should have gotten it.. Here's the pic of it last weekend..

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1461191152080.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	200082   Click image for larger version

Name:	1461191165399.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	200083  

Name:	1461191183418.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	200084  
Old 04-20-2016, 05:43 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

5200 in incentives?! You might want to call them and figure out what the incentive entails and see if you can put a deposit on it rofl

Old 04-20-2016, 05:47 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
5200 in incentives?! You might want to call them and figure out what the incentive entails and see if you can put a deposit on it rofl

I know man, I called them and told me to come over and we can talk it over but we're going away this weekend for a week and can't come after that.. I guess this is not for me. As you can see I'm not really good with this but do you think this is a deal of a lifetime?

Old 04-20-2016, 06:14 PM   #51
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
I know man, I called them and told me to come over and we can talk it over but we're going away this weekend for a week and can't come after that.. I guess this is not for me. As you can see I'm not really good with this but do you think this is a deal of a lifetime?

Yes. Make time!

Old 04-20-2016, 06:21 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes. Make time!

It sucks when you work in the hospital man, I always work late and can only do it in the weekend and dealers close at 7 pm.. I will go there after when I get back hopefully it will still be there.

Old 04-21-2016, 03:40 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It sucks when you work in the hospital man, I always work late and can only do it in the weekend and dealers close at 7 pm.. I will go there after when I get back hopefully it will still be there.

If you work so hard, you better treat yourself to something you truly want! I don't care if it's this car, a couch, a TV, etc.
But here's the thing, if it's still there when you get back, then it's "meant to be"

Old 04-21-2016, 05:43 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If you work so hard, you better treat yourself to something you truly want! I don't care if it's this car, a couch, a TV, etc.
But here's the thing, if it's still there when you get back, then it's "meant to be"

Man thanks for the advice this is what the sales guy told me, exactly the same word.. "If it's still here then it is meant to be yours" .. So hopefully in one week when I get back it's still in the lot.. Just got an increased from work factoring all these now with 100 extra a month compared to what I'm paying currently with this new car is nothing from what I'm getting in a month so it is perfect sense to get this beast..

Old 04-21-2016, 06:12 AM   #55
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Man thanks for the advice this is what the sales guy told me, exactly the same word.. "If it's still here then it is meant to be yours" .. So hopefully in one week when I get back it's still in the lot.. Just got an increased from work factoring all these now with 100 extra a month compared to what I'm paying currently with this new car is nothing from what I'm getting in a month so it is perfect sense to get this beast..

If it is power you seek, save yourself the anguish of always being 2nd to a 5.0 and just get one yourself.

If power is not a concern, I wouldn't worry about it.

The new S550s are nice in the aspect that Ford cut down on the wheel gap. So I probably won't be lowering mine.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:24 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If it is power you seek, save yourself the anguish of always being 2nd to a 5.0 and just get one yourself.

If power is not a concern, I wouldn't worry about it.

The new S550s are nice in the aspect that Ford cut down on the wheel gap. So I probably won't be lowering mine.
Oddly enough power is not really what I'm looking for I think 3.7 is powerful enough for daily driver specially with loaded mods.. I'm mainly looking into manual transmission and getting the 5.0 is just a bonus.. My logic is if I'm upgrading my baby might as well get the beast with a manual.. I don't know if that makes sense at all but that's my thinking.. I got the auto because at that time my wife was really addement about what if there is an emergency and she can't drive my car but this time around I got her convince getting a manual cos this is what I enjoy.. If there is an emergency just call 911 that's what our insurance for.. Lol

Old 04-21-2016, 06:53 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

The 3.7 DOES have some serious power, but perhaps you should look into an ecoboost?
That GT is a great price, but if you don't absolutely crave more power, then it might be cheaper to get a fully loaded ecoboost.
Are you in love with the S550 as much as I am? Or are you just excited about driving a 5.0L?

Old 04-21-2016, 07:24 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The 3.7 DOES have some serious power, but perhaps you should look into an ecoboost?
That GT is a great price, but if you don't absolutely crave more power, then it might be cheaper to get a fully loaded ecoboost.
Are you in love with the S550 as much as I am? Or are you just excited about driving a 5.0L?

Not really with the s550 I still have mixed feeling about it.. I'm 6'1 and it seems like the interior of the s550 is smaller than the S197 but s550 is way better interior.. There is absolutely no way I will get into the ecoboost is not in for me not with the sound it makes.. If I get a 2013-2014 5.0 manual in the area I would probably get it..

Old 04-21-2016, 07:27 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

I take a guy to work in mine that is 6'3 so I think you're good! But yeah I live by "there is no replacement for displacement"
Then yeah I would say get the red one if you can with those incentives and join the wheel hop club lol

Old 04-21-2016, 07:38 AM   #60
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Not really with the s550 I still have mixed feeling about it.. I'm 6'1 and it seems like the interior of the s550 is smaller than the S197 but s550 is way better interior.. There is absolutely no way I will get into the ecoboost is not in for me not with the sound it makes.. If I get a 2013-2014 5.0 manual in the area I would probably get it..

The crazy thing is the 2016 gives me much more room then my 2014 did. Even my wife made one of her first comments as "this is so much more roomy". So I knew I wasn't imagining it.

There is much more flexibility with the 2015-2016. You have the telescoping steering wheel now. Both of my seats are power seats and I have the base model. Which is a nice touch.

The seats hold you into place like the recaros from previous years. So if you don't have a woman, these seats will definitely hold you close and make you feel loved.

With the movement of the cupholders a bit over to the right, I can now shift freely and not worry about bumping the cups.

Even on the base models you get the LCD in your cluster. I paid $500 to get that feature on my 2014 base model. Lol

You get push to start, sync, foglights, auto headlamps, and a backup camera as standard features. You used to have to purchase packages like the Tech Package or get a Premium model to get some of those features. But I have a base model.

Just altogether it feels very nice. The interior is MUCH nicer then the previous model.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	13007341_10209413521282772_4946022423377895048_n.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	200112  

Old 04-21-2016, 07:54 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Nice! I didn't know all of that zombie as I got everything you could get except adaptive cruise control. .. good to hear that stuff is standard equipment now

Old 04-21-2016, 09:11 AM   #62
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Cassidy, you can just send me the $ and I'll pick it up for you. You can then take delivery of it when you come down for the cruise.

just to clarify I'll even give it to you at the beginning of the cruise already broken in.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:13 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Cassidy, you can just send me the $ and I'll pick it up for you. You can then take delivery of it when you come down for the cruise.

just to clarify I'll even give it to you at the beginning of the cruise already broken in.
hahaha mud that was a good one... i was cracking up laughing here..

Thanks for the offer but I will just wait till i get back that is just too much to ask from you....
Old 04-21-2016, 09:23 AM   #64
Staff

Regular
Staff

I will say for a new model it's a deal but not a deal of a lifetime. I will say save that price and you should (with time) be able to match/beat it. I really like the looks of the new ones and like 99% of us want the V8.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:56 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
The price is good, but $460 over the course of 78 months is in no way a deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 10:58 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_13 View Post

its for 72 months...
Old 04-21-2016, 11:20 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_13 View Post

Again as previously mentioned I'm at 700/mo 4.45% and 75 months and I got employee pricing on my GT. They're offering 5k in incentives. Not the deal of a lifetime but still pretty dang good

Old 04-21-2016, 11:21 AM   #68
Staff

Regular
Staff

ya'll are making me love my paid for V6

poor impulse control
Old 04-21-2016, 11:29 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
ya'll are making me love my paid for V6

poor impulse control
Mud I love making my payment! Ever month she gets a little closer to truly being mine. I think our guy here is doing it right, and not just buying on impulse... I didn't either, but mine wasn't exactly an easy decision to make or afford... but I also believe in working hard for your money and fulfilling your dreams.

My car is way way more than just a method of transportation to me... it's everything I've worked my while life for

Old 04-21-2016, 11:44 AM   #70
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Mud I love making my payment! Ever month she gets a little closer to truly being mine. I think our guy here is doing it right, and not just buying on impulse... I didn't either, but mine wasn't exactly an easy decision to make or afford... but I also believe in working hard for your money and fulfilling your dreams.

My car is way way more than just a method of transportation to me... it's everything I've worked my while life for

I feel that exact same way.

At the end of the day, I want to know that my payments are going towards what I really want. In this case - a Mustang GT. Most people with a V6 can agree that they truly want the V8 and wish they could get it. It is unsettling when you think you are paying for something you won't have in 3-5 years.

Although I did come to terms at one point with keeping the V6. An unexpected chain of events happened when getting the F150 led me to this moment. And now I have the car I always wanted.

My car is 760 a month at 6.2% interest. That is 80 more a month then my 2014 (completely honest here), with half of the interest rate that I had before.

I will admit I will GLADLY make that payment each month knowing I am driving the V8 beast I always wanted. I wouldn't change my mind for anything (car wise)

Do I regret modding the 2014 to the extent I did? Not really. It was an awesome journey of watching me transforming something into something even better. Me....a normal guy with Google, was able to do similar stuff to what the Engineers at Ford do. THAT, is amazing. Even if the tasks do seem simple.

It also really got me into the Mustang world. By taking things apart and putting it back together, it helped me understand how things worked and what the limitations of the 3.7 were. Everything from maintenance, to modding, then to racing it at the drag strip.

No more will I hear "You should have got a V8" or "You should have got a manual". That is just an added bonus, but not to be confused with the reason I got the car.

Everyone will have their own opinions and justifications on why they got what they got. And I understand everyone has limitations with financing and such. Trust me, I did too for the longest time.

I will end my long speech and just say - get what you truly want. Don't give up after the first time. Keep trying. It took me 3 times to get my car.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT