New mustang 2015 or 2016 - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-09-2016, 02:58 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1460231867.911799.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	199489

Most people prefer my old wheels. I can't deny it was a sexy ride

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2016, 03:00 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkoritaNAY View Post
Sterling gray rear wins... Lol
Attachment 199486

Let's get a head count lol

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, procharger supercharger, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers
I think I would have to disagree with ya.
scurfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 03:24 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrharley91 View Post
I can get it out the door $37000.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
You should be able to do better than that price. In fact, you could probably get the '16 Premium with same options for less than that.
Check out https://www.truecar.com/#/ for estimates.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2016, 03:38 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Check out the Blaise Alexander website if you're near central Pennsylvania. I work for them as a driver. They have Mustangs for sale. And a Hellcat too.
scurfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 04:54 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
I own a 14 gt which I love but I've been eyeballing a white gt with the perforance pack. I've driven one and if I could go back.. well things would be different. If I could find it in me to let mine go I'd leave tonight and go get it. Good luck with whatever you pick

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
RED SNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 05:44 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Do some research and rethink hard about replacing 14 gt as someone stated earlier, this generation will be considered "classic" mustangs later down the line. The 15's will be phased out soon.

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, procharger supercharger, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 05:58 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
The auto has line lock for 16 along with SYNC 3 and the hood turn signals. I traded in my 13 for the 16. My first NEW Mustang was a 428 SCJ with Drag Pack Mach 1. Go for the 16 my friend, they have great deals on them as the 17's will be out soon. The 15,16 are light years ahead of the 13-14's. Read the road tests. I'm a test driver by trade so I almost know what I'm talking about.
24kmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 06:04 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24kmach View Post
The auto has line lock for 16 along with SYNC 3 and the hood turn signals. I traded in my 13 for the 16. My first NEW Mustang was a 428 SCJ with Drag Pack Mach 1. Go for the 16 my friend, they have great deals on them as the 17's will be out soon. The 15,16 are light years ahead of the 13-14's. Read the road tests. I'm a test driver by trade so I almost know what I'm talking about.

First off, auto? Lol secondly 11-14 > 15-?

Old 04-09-2016, 06:12 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:

Yes AUTO, faster for one thing and consistent as in drag racing if you want to win. I had a 13 and yes it takes time to warm up to the 15-16 but once there OH MAN what a ride. Did I tell you I also raced Top Fuel dragsters, bikes, Karts, etc. over the years.
24kmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 06:15 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Don't feed the trolls

Old 04-09-2016, 06:19 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Let's not get too uppity about the 13-14's becoming classics. Remember this ?

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1460243947.463743.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	209.8 KB
ID:	199499

Old 04-09-2016, 06:32 PM   #47
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyB View Post
The 2014 looks "old" because they are made that way! Try to stick with the 2014. Late builds (after April 2014) have the 2015 cylinder heads adding the 10hp, as the 2015. Has the solid rear axle, and doesn't lose the 25 hp of the independent rear of the 2015+. Just a better car.

Just a better car? I'm sorry but that not even remotely close.

Mcturd81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 06:40 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
I respectfully say that the new S550 is a huge leap for the Mustang in many performance and quality areas but in design , I think it's future will be similar to the new edge.. Radical and desirable (at the time) but looks wise, doesn't instill a feeling of Mustang heritage...except the tail light design. The 15-16 overall design will be no classic or desirable generation...like a 40th anniversary today...meh...
Ford will tweak it soon enough and blast that stupid Fusion front end off the car and maybe...hopefully..put a muscle car face on it again that has some hint of the classic original generations clearly in its blood.
The 15+ has some real beauty and appeal...but if I were to try to look at it and tell you which other family member its related to...I would bet a weeks salary that he's Mr Fusions brother, the Focus is his little nephew and the cmax would likely be his cousin that didn't quite stay in the womb long enough.
I'm not sayin my 14 is some future classic or better , I'm just saying..look at this 68 and tell me a 14 GT isn't clearly his great great grandson... And still has masculine presence..not European Aston Martin -ish lines
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	48
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	199502  
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 06:41 PM   #49
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:

Dude...

First of all you own a v6.... You can't make auto jokes...sorry. Why are you giving advice about a 11-14 gt and a 15+ gt when you've never owned any of them?

Old 04-09-2016, 06:57 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
I respectfully say that the new S550 is a huge leap for the Mustang in many performance and quality areas but in design , I think it's future will be similar to the new edge.. Radical and desirable (at the time) but looks wise, doesn't instill a feeling of Mustang heritage...except the tail light design. The 15-16 overall design will be no classic or desirable generation...like a 40th anniversary today...meh...

Ford will tweak it soon enough and blast that stupid Fusion front end off the car and maybe...hopefully..put a muscle car face on it again that has some hint of the classic original generations clearly in its blood.

The 15+ has some real beauty and appeal...but if I were to try to look at it and tell you which other family member its related to...I would bet a weeks salary that he's Mr Fusions brother, the Focus is his little nephew and the cmax would likely be his cousin that didn't quite stay in the womb long enough.

I'm not sayin my 14 is some future classic or better , I'm just saying..look at this 68 and tell me a 14 GT isn't clearly his great great grandson... And still has masculine presence..not European Aston Martin -ish lines

Well thought out post. Pros and Cons to everything.

I've personally owned both cars but my decision to renew my vehicle in no way reflects how everyone else feels about their cars . Same reason a lot of guys weren't too crazy about buying an 05 when the came out because they were happy with their 04's and SVT's and then a huge majority of people were excited about the design. You can't please everyone!

The mustang outsold both the challenger and camaro COMBINED in March and has been leading sales by a sizeable portion without counting its sales overseas. For better or worse, it's making an impression on people.

If the fusion had followed the mustang , would people criticize it for being derivative or would they have applauded its design (much like a charger and challenger share some mild styling cues)

Old 04-09-2016, 09:42 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

I like the Gray tail light/Back end better then the Red tail light/Back end. Both are cool, but it's really just mustang preferences. My neighbor has an Ol skool Mustang 67' and swears by it and would never buy a newer model. I respect that, but the S197 - 13/14's are just so freaking cool IMO.
Geodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 09:50 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
New mustang 2015 or 2016

Because of S550 owner responses, I think I'll have to test drive a 2015+ soon to get a better view to judge. Still wish the front end was different, at least kept the fog lights on the grille. My favorite visual difference between the V6s and 5.0s.

Might as drive a 16 Camaro just for the lulz.

Sent from my iPhone

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 09:51 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry but nobody ever said that about the 74 to 78 Stang. The Internet... anybody can script over a jpeg.omg
TroyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 09:52 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah! You could! Im generally uncomfortable in Camaros. The interiors always seem flimsy to me. They've gone along way with the 16, but the mustang interior is still king, if space isn't your determining factor

Old 04-09-2016, 09:54 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

I'm sure every guy said that when they bought them and looked at the early foxes coming in. Envy wasn't born yesterday

Old 04-09-2016, 10:02 PM   #56
Road Trip!
Regular

There is reason why most of the haters are 2014 owners. Same thing happened with the gt500 from 2012 to 2013. 100 more hp and these 11-12 guys were like... But the tail lights are ugly?! Umm yeah...

Old 04-09-2016, 10:06 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

I think the over 40 crowd gets my drift. They understand the nostalgia of the 64 to 70 mustangs,and how the S197's brought that back for a while, it was an awesome idea to bring some of that look back, and all the car manufactures followed that idea. If u want to do track or rolling starts... go for it, but to us it doesn't mean a dam thing! I'm not into indy or Nascar. Maybe for us a car really just isn't a car, it's hanging on to the way it use to be, no Internet, no political correctness, not worrying about the economy ... just a nice v8, a clear night, and some buddies crusin, wasting a half a tank of gas!!! Never had the ricers reving their weed wackers beside u at the lights. I just have to laugh! They really don't know what cool really is or was.
Old 04-09-2016, 10:12 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcturd81 View Post
There is reason why most of the haters are 2014 owners. Same thing happened with the gt500 from 2012 to 2013. 100 more hp and these 11-12 guys were like... But the tail lights are ugly?! Umm yeah...

Haha I don't even understand the hate, we're all stang owners in the end.

I'd rather see the OP get any stang than a Challenger/Camaro, at least then I know he has good taste. šŸ˜Ž

Sent from my iPhone

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 10:18 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Not a hater, just don't really care about the direction the mustangs are going right now. The 2020 probably won't even have a v8 option. Just like ford went and screwed up the 2013 Escape... now all old little ladies drive them...lol
Old 04-09-2016, 10:19 PM   #60
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
I think the over 40 crowd gets my drift. They understand the nostalgia of the 64 to 70 mustangs,and how the S197's brought that back for a while, it was an awesome idea to bring some of that look back, and all the car manufactures followed that idea. If u want to do track or rolling starts... go for it, but to us it doesn't mean a dam thing! I'm not into indy or Nascar. Maybe for us a car really just isn't a car, it's hanging on to the way it use to be, no Internet, no political correctness, not worrying about the economy ... just a nice v8, a clear night, and some buddies crusin, wasting a half a tank of gas!!! Never had the ricers reving their weed wackers beside u at the lights. I just have to laugh! They really don't know what cool really is or was.

I totally get it. And that's awesome. I'm sure I'll feel the same way eventually about a certain platform as well.

Old 04-09-2016, 10:31 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Ford should've tweaked the 15 just a tad same way Chevy tweaked its al new 16 (which is essentially a 15) and called it a day.
They look "cool" and all but I'm glad I snatched up a 14.

Old 04-09-2016, 10:39 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Yep.... it's envy. That's why I researched my Mustang buy for 3 months, then searched over 200 dealerships, found my Stang 600 miles away, did a dealer transfer and bought it 2 months before the 2015 was released. It's because I really wanted a 2015. Wow.
Old 04-09-2016, 11:04 PM   #63
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Hate is a pretty strong word my friends.
I drive an 03 and love it more than I did my 14 TrakPak....for me it's more fun to drive 03 than the 14 and although I was close to trading the 14 for 15 the 15 which was equipped the same as my 14 was a better road handling car...don't get me wrong....at least in my neck of the woods you see 5 Mustangs for every Camaro and at least 3 Mustangs for every Challenger.
When someone starts talking about the decade between 63 and 73 and I doubt it very seriously that anyone really gets it other than the people that lived through it, raced in it and these people are not in their 60's and beyond. We didn't have places like American Muscle, Summit, JEGS, and the hundreds of other online stores that sell go fast parts...we had rely on our own ingenuity and resourcefulness...
Everyone has their favorite "brand" and when you get to be my age the things that mattered when you were younger mean very little now.....with the exception of there is never enough HP/TQ!
You people who think the 13/14 Mustang will be a classic.....maybe in another 40 years and my guess not even then.....ofcourse I won't be around to find out.
Just go buy the 15 or 16 and get it done with!!!!!!
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 12:32 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yep.... it's envy. That's why I researched my Mustang buy for 3 months, then searched over 200 dealerships, found my Stang 600 miles away, did a dealer transfer and bought it 2 months before the 2015 was released. It's because I really wanted a 2015. Wow.

Did you want yours with hello kitty seats ? Jesus, they are literally everywhere. I found mine on a lot, exactly the way I wanted. Anyways good for you man! I hear there's this crazy section of the forum for people with 2011-14. Do you know where that is?

Old 04-10-2016, 12:34 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
Hate is a pretty strong word my friends.

I drive an 03 and love it more than I did my 14 TrakPak....for me it's more fun to drive 03 than the 14 and although I was close to trading the 14 for 15 the 15 which was equipped the same as my 14 was a better road handling car...don't get me wrong....at least in my neck of the woods you see 5 Mustangs for every Camaro and at least 3 Mustangs for every Challenger.

When someone starts talking about the decade between 63 and 73 and I doubt it very seriously that anyone really gets it other than the people that lived through it, raced in it and these people are not in their 60's and beyond. We didn't have places like American Muscle, Summit, JEGS, and the hundreds of other online stores that sell go fast parts...we had rely on our own ingenuity and resourcefulness...

Everyone has their favorite "brand" and when you get to be my age the things that mattered when you were younger mean very little now.....with the exception of there is never enough HP/TQ!

You people who think the 13/14 Mustang will be a classic.....maybe in another 40 years and my guess not even then.....ofcourse I won't be around to find out.

Just go buy the 15 or 16 and get it done with!!!!!!

Very insightful ! Thank you for the wisdom. I had a 99GT and lots of great memories in it. I saw my old car around town the other day and I waited outside of a mall with 4 grand in cash hoping to buy it off the owner but he never came out and I could never figure out who it might've belonged to . Any fun stories about racing in the ol days ?

Old 04-10-2016, 12:55 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Weren't that many Mustang GT Premiums, Race Red, Red leather and carbon fiber interior, 2015 heads, 440hp, 400 ft lbs torque. Up here. But I found one.
Old 04-10-2016, 12:58 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Okay yeah , I get you man. I've wanted red seats for a long time . I was between my blue 15 pp or a premium 401a black GT with red seats. I still wish I'd taken them. Respect brother. I wouldn't mind seeing pics with the interior. I'm a sucker for red on red ever since I seen a 96 with red interior and exterior

Old 04-10-2016, 03:19 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Hey Fender868 - I think these red seats are pretty sweet
[http://http://youtu.be/R8oYGgRa9tQ
Geodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 03:56 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Totally missed out man :/

Old 04-10-2016, 07:18 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Lol my main concern is trading a 14 for a 16. I owe less then it's worth but I'd be starting over in payments and losing money on mods but I do love the s550

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
RED SNOW is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT