Still hopping mad.... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-13-2016, 08:26 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
TigerStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Westerly
Region: Rhode Island
Posts: 141
Still hopping mad....

So i put in the adjustable differential bushing kit, and the support system, still have hop, but i suppose i need the other stuff in the Stop-the-hop kit.

Also, i would like to take this opportunity to tell everyone with a GT PP, that the differential bushing kit (using the red 80 durometer poly bushings) will add a nice hint of gear whine to your car for you. probably is specific to the torsen diff, but yeah, with a stock exhaust, it's not a very fun noise in a brand new car...

just wanted to throw this out there as an FYI
TigerStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-13-2016, 08:33 AM   #2
Road Trip!
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Virginia beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 275
Just to reiterate...when I switched to 305-35-19 mpss's I never had this issue again. You don't need to spend 12k. You just need good wide tires. Those will be more than adequate at stock power levels given the weather is above 50 degrees.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mcturd81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:13 AM   #3
Staff

Regular
Staff
 
Strange Mud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Small Town
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 5,022
are you on the summer only tires? If so you need a set of winter shoes
__________________
2012 V6 with suspension, shifting, stopping and sound mods.
Strange Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-13-2016, 01:59 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
TigerStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Westerly
Region: Rhode Island
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
are you on the summer only tires? If so you need a set of winter shoes
mud, i don't really drive the car much below 50°F.... it sits in my tent garage all winter... most of the time i drive my truck when it's cold, but there are mornings i drive to work on those tires, but it's not like i'm on a spring cruise day with mud when it's 35° going to work in the morning

Mcturd, i'm guessing you're referring to my response to the other thread...
nonetheless, are you telling me that going to a wider/stickier tire will eliminate my wheel hop?? *please note i'm not complaining about my car not tracking perfectly straight, that could be 14 million different factors*
and if wheel hop can be eliminated with a set of tires (something i'm going to have to replace at some point anyway) will the 305s fit on my stock performance package wheels without issues? or do i have to go out and buy wider wheels for that? last i knew GT PP wheels were 10" wide from the factory

^i'm sure i'm going to have to replace the TPMS sensors, that's not really a big deal, but i'm not looking to build a racecar either, i drive the car every day all spring/summer/fall

thanks in advance
TigerStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 02:09 PM   #5
Road Trip!
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Virginia beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerStang View Post
mud, i don't really drive the car much below 50°F.... it sits in my tent garage all winter... most of the time i drive my truck when it's cold, but there are mornings i drive to work on those tires, but it's not like i'm on a spring cruise day with mud when it's 35° going to work in the morning



Mcturd, i'm guessing you're referring to my response to the other thread...

nonetheless, are you telling me that going to a wider/stickier tire will eliminate my wheel hop?? *please note i'm not complaining about my car not tracking perfectly straight, that could be 14 million different factors*

and if wheel hop can be eliminated with a set of tires (something i'm going to have to replace at some point anyway) will the 305s fit on my stock performance package wheels without issues? or do i have to go out and buy wider wheels for that? last i knew GT PP wheels were 10" wide from the factory



^i'm sure i'm going to have to replace the TPMS sensors, that's not really a big deal, but i'm not looking to build a racecar either, i drive the car every day all spring/summer/fall



thanks in advance

Tpms sensors don't need replacing. Yes wider tires will help with wheel hop, at least it did with mine. I had no other bushings and it cut my wheel hop in half.

Yep I think I was thinking of your other thread, but tires will help with the hop. Also...the 305-35-19 mpss isn't designed for a 9.5 width rim but it will fit...and actually the tread width is on the skinny side so there won't be as much tire over hang compared to other brands.

I've got some nitto nt05 305-35-19's I'll sell you for 200 bucks fyi.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mcturd81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 06:43 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
TigerStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Westerly
Region: Rhode Island
Posts: 141
Are the Michelin tires made in USA? Also, are the Nittos?

The wheel width should probably be 11" wide for a 305? I know that at a certain point you actually lose contact patch surface area because your tire isn't sitting square. I dunno if this would be the case here but 2.5" is a lot to be off by...

How many miles are on the Nittos

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
TigerStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 07:19 AM   #7
Road Trip!
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Virginia beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 275
Your rear pp rims are 19x9.5. You'll be fine with a 305. Also the tread width for the mpss is under 11. Can't remember the exact specs. Michelin is made in France I believe. Not sure about nitto.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mcturd81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 07:20 AM   #8
Road Trip!
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Virginia beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 275
1500 miles on the nittos. They were a bit noisy for me


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mcturd81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 07:35 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
TigerStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Westerly
Region: Rhode Island
Posts: 141
305 is the width of the whole tire and not the tread itself, right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
TigerStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 07:46 AM   #10
Road Trip!
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Virginia beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerStang View Post
305 is the width of the whole tire and not the tread itself, right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

The tread width is 10.7 for mpss and the measured width is 11. It can fit a rim 10-12 wide. 305 is the width but I don't think that's an actual measurement. When I buy tires I usually look at tread width and section width. Sometime the tread width on a 285 is the same as a 305.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mcturd81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 08:18 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
TigerStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Westerly
Region: Rhode Island
Posts: 141
Ok cool, I'll keep you posted on the Nittos, I don't quite need them yet. If you can sell them before then, so be it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
TigerStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 02:11 PM   #12
Registered User
Newbie
 
White5ohhhhh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: VA
Region: Virginia
Posts: 14
Big tires,will help tremendously

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2016 Oxford White GT PP-Roush Catback,GT350 Shift knob,MGW Race Spec
White5ohhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 02:41 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
TigerStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Westerly
Region: Rhode Island
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by White5ohhhhh View Post
Big tires,will help tremendously

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Do you know this from experience? If so, what are you running?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
TigerStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 04:01 PM   #14
Registered User
Newbie
 
White5ohhhhh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: VA
Region: Virginia
Posts: 14
I haven't upgraded on my 16 yet,but I put some 295's on my 12 and it made a world of difference I hooked very well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2016 Oxford White GT PP-Roush Catback,GT350 Shift knob,MGW Race Spec
White5ohhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 06:03 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
TigerStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Westerly
Region: Rhode Island
Posts: 141
As far as I know, wheel hop wasn't an issue until 15, but I haven't owned any S197 cars

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
TigerStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 08:54 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
tj@steeda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,140
TigerStang,

We have had a lot of success with the Stop the Hop package - for the price, you getting parts that are designed to provide increased traction, stiffen the IRS subframe, reduce wheel hop, and improve overall handling characteristics. - See more at: Steeda Mustang Ultimate IRS 'Stop the Hop' Package (2015-2016 All) | 555-2129 | Free Shipping!

Tires will help ... but they won't provide the additional benefits that are package will provide.

The other question is ... when are you getting the wheel hop - we have had some customers inquire about the stop pack but they are also dumping their clutch at over 4K.

Shoot me a note to tim@steeda.com & I can provide forum pricing if you are considering the Steeda route - happy to help!

Here is just one review of many that you can see on our site & others:

Quote:
MARC FLIPPO
I have been unhappy with my suspension on my 2015 Gt pp since adding additional Hp with my Tvs supercharger and my wife was not filling warm and fuzzy when riding in my car any more.She was complaining about the back end not feeling stable and to much body roll.So I did lots of research over last two months and decided to go with steeda product.

Stop the hop wheel package
Front and rear steeda sway bars
Billet sway bar mounts
Differential bushing (Black)

I all ready installed ford 1in drop racing spring but would like to upgrade to some steeda spring,Shocks,struts when they all become available.So after having my local performance shop install everything 8 hours install and driving it for a few days around town,freeway and through some good turns.Me and my wife are so impressed the back end is solid planted to the ground. It just feels so much more stable and body roll wheel hop and car squat is gone.I have not notice any additional NVH and that was a concern being I have a one piece aluminum driveshaft.All in all I am very impress and would highly recommend this product to any mustang owner.I work with Chad he was very helpful on getting me all dialed in.
Best Regards,

TJ

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

TigerStang,

We have had a lot of success with the Stop the Hop package - for the price, you getting parts that are designed to provide increased traction, stiffen the IRS subframe, reduce wheel hop, and improve overall handling characteristics. - See more at: Steeda Mustang Ultimate IRS 'Stop the Hop' Package (2015-2016 All) | 555-2129 | Free Shipping!

Tires will help ... but they won't provide the additional benefits that are package will provide.

The other question is ... when are you getting the wheel hop - we have had some customers inquire about the stop pack but they are also dumping their clutch at over 4K.

Shoot me a note to tim@steeda.com & I can provide forum pricing if you are considering the Steeda route - happy to help!

Here is just one review of many that you can see on our site & others:

Quote:
MARC FLIPPO
I have been unhappy with my suspension on my 2015 Gt pp since adding additional Hp with my Tvs supercharger and my wife was not filling warm and fuzzy when riding in my car any more.She was complaining about the back end not feeling stable and to much body roll.So I did lots of research over last two months and decided to go with steeda product.

Stop the hop wheel package
Front and rear steeda sway bars
Billet sway bar mounts
Differential bushing (Black)

I all ready installed ford 1in drop racing spring but would like to upgrade to some steeda spring,Shocks,struts when they all become available.So after having my local performance shop install everything 8 hours install and driving it for a few days around town,freeway and through some good turns.Me and my wife are so impressed the back end is solid planted to the ground. It just feels so much more stable and body roll wheel hop and car squat is gone.I have not notice any additional NVH and that was a concern being I have a one piece aluminum driveshaft.All in all I am very impress and would highly recommend this product to any mustang owner.I work with Chad he was very helpful on getting me all dialed in.
Best Regards,

TJ
__________________
Steeda Autosports
Valdosta, GA & Pompano Beach, FL
Mustang Performance Products
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 09:27 PM   #17
Road Trip!
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Virginia beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerStang View Post
As far as I know, wheel hop wasn't an issue until 15, but I haven't owned any S197 cars

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Wheel hop was an issue on 11-14 cars just as much.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mcturd81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 01:08 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fender868's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Victoria
Region: Canada
Posts: 550
Yeah my 14 wheel hopped a lot . It wAs a lot faster straight off the line. I don't have wheel hop where I need it. I love how much mots aggressive the car feels when it hits the power band. From 4K up , it just goes !


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 06:10 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
TigerStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Westerly
Region: Rhode Island
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
Yeah my 14 wheel hopped a lot . It wAs a lot faster straight off the line. I don't have wheel hop where I need it. I love how much mots aggressive the car feels when it hits the power band. From 4K up , it just goes !


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Wow I'm shocked to hear that! My 98 didn't have wheel hop, and I never changed the factory 4 link set up and the car had 292 ft lbs at the rear wheels. But yeah, my hop is just awful lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
TigerStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 01:10 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Trevorhart3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Carnation
Region: Washington
Posts: 158
I didn't notice too much hop on my 11GT although it had the ford racing handling pack and wider tires. I notified wheel spin but no so much hop.

On my 15GT on the other hand it was a bit out of control with the stock set up hoping and spinning. Slapped on some f14s with 315 in the rear and 275 nittos in the front and it's pretty much gone. Really helped with the chattering from tires in tight turns going slow too. I have some steeda suspension stuff but I haven't put it on yet so right now it's only the rims and tires making a difference. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1460830208.516090.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	199841


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Trevorhart3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 02:14 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
TigerStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Westerly
Region: Rhode Island
Posts: 141
Good to know trevor ty

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
TigerStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 06:20 PM   #22
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Region: Florida
Posts: 32
Mine hops through first and second. I'll be adding the Stop the Hop kit in June.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk
SR56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 07:59 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
TigerStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Westerly
Region: Rhode Island
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR56 View Post
Mine hops through first and second. I'll be adding the Stop the Hop kit in June.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk
Just be careful after you put in the alignment bushings, I had trouble trying to get the big blue bolt to thread back in square.... I literally had to strap a ratchet strap to the subframe and to a corner of the lift to get the hole to line back up...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
TigerStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 08:24 PM   #24
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Region: Florida
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerStang View Post
Just be careful after you put in the alignment bushings, I had trouble trying to get the big blue bolt to thread back in square.... I literally had to strap a ratchet strap to the subframe and to a corner of the lift to get the hole to line back up...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
While I like to do some work myself, I'll be leaving this one to the experts. I'm taking the car to Pompano for Steeda to do the install. Springs & camber plates going in with it.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk
SR56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 05:00 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
TigerStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Westerly
Region: Rhode Island
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR56 View Post
While I like to do some work myself, I'll be leaving this one to the experts. I'm taking the car to Pompano for Steeda to do the install. Springs & camber plates going in with it.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk
Nice! I can't have anything liker that around here and I don't trust the little shops to not mess it up.

The dealership offered to do it for $1000 in labor, um no thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
TigerStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 08:24 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
tj@steeda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR56 View Post
Mine hops through first and second. I'll be adding the Stop the Hop kit in June.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk
When you are ready ... happy to help with the package!

Best Regards,

TJ
__________________
Steeda Autosports
Valdosta, GA & Pompano Beach, FL
Mustang Performance Products
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 08:25 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
tj@steeda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
While I like to do some work myself, I'll be leaving this one to the experts. I'm taking the car to Pompano for Steeda to do the install. Springs & camber plates going in with it.
You are making a great choice - our parts & labor are backed by Steeda 100% ... getting it done right the first time is worth its weight in gold!

TJ
__________________
Steeda Autosports
Valdosta, GA & Pompano Beach, FL
Mustang Performance Products
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 08:29 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
tj@steeda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,140
Here is SilverS550s feedback to our package ... he put it to the test & he was very pleased with it:

Steeda’s 2015 Mustang test - “No wheelhop,”

Not sure what happened to GoFast 1189 ... he only had 3 posts & I haven't heard from him since, may have just been trying to put fuel on the fire.

Best Regards,

TJ
__________________
Steeda Autosports
Valdosta, GA & Pompano Beach, FL
Mustang Performance Products
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 03:26 PM   #29
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter
 
ZombieSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: 78613
Region: Texas
Posts: 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post
Here is SilverS550s feedback to our package ... he put it to the test & he was very pleased with it:

Steeda’s 2015 Mustang test - “No wheelhop,”

Not sure what happened to GoFast 1189 ... he only had 3 posts & I haven't heard from him since, may have just been trying to put fuel on the fire.

Best Regards,

TJ
Maybe he went too fast?! (bad joke I know)
__________________
2016 Mustang GT: Guard Metallic w/ manual transmission; Performance Pack and Backup Sensors

Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kevin.cook2016/?hl=en
ZombieSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Im still here! You guys still love pics lol? Zebs5408 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 58 03-29-2010 11:01 AM
This makes me mad!! lowflyn The Bar 23 01-27-2005 11:47 PM
Mad about my car...any suggestions canman Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 12 01-27-2005 03:37 PM
*Mad at* Mods on 3.8mustang.com GSRGuy94 The Bar 28 10-25-2003 10:34 PM
Mad...... Brent Mustang Audio & Video 9 08-17-2003 06:52 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



03:24 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.