New to the 5.0 crowd - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-22-2016, 01:16 PM   #36
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I hear you in that man. V8 mods are always more. Just out of my own curiosity what made you buy a track edition 5.0 when you don't auto track race? Just wondering and mean no disrespect.

Just a near stock 3.7
I had similar wheels, brakes, and gears on my 2014. To help offset the loss on parts, I opted for a 5.0 w/ Performance Package so if I chose to do anything in the future, I would still have all of that.

And you gotta admit, it makes the car dead sexy.

Lastly, this one in particular was surprisingly the only one I qualified for. Because this one had $4,000 off MSRP. The rest (even base models), had a smaller discount. I needed the discount so my negative equity was offset. So it all worked out in the end.

Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kevin.cook2016/?hl=en
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2016, 01:31 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Haha, you only qualified for the PP one so guess you'll have to "deal" with shorter gearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
Old 04-22-2016, 01:31 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieSlayer View Post
I had similar wheels, brakes, and gears on my 2014. To help offset the loss on parts, I opted for a 5.0 w/ Performance Package so if I chose to do anything in the future, I would still have all of that.

And you gotta admit, it makes the car dead sexy.

Lastly, this one in particular was surprisingly the only one I qualified for. Because this one had $4,000 off MSRP. The rest (even base models), had a smaller discount. I needed the discount so my negative equity was offset. So it all worked out in the end.
Got ya. Cool man. 😆

Just a near stock 3.7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2016, 01:36 PM   #39
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_13 View Post
Haha, you only qualified for the PP one so guess you'll have to "deal" with shorter gearing.

I can live with it! LOL

Old 04-22-2016, 04:44 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
I hear you in that man. V8 mods are always more. Just out of my own curiosity what made you buy a track edition 5.0 when you don't auto track race? Just wondering and mean no disrespect.

Just a near stock 3.7

Sounding a little butt hurt, what's your issue with the performance pack

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
NHFD01
Old 04-22-2016, 04:54 PM   #41
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
New to the 5.0 crowd

^ He was curious why you would buy a track pack mustang when you don't track. Not butthurt.

Respect the Classics.
Old 04-22-2016, 04:55 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhfd01 View Post
Sounding a little butt hurt, what's your issue with the performance pack

NHFD01
Butt hurt? Huh? Butt hurt about what? I always ask people who buy the performance pack if they auto track race. If they say no, I ask what made someone buy a track racing edition 5.0 if they don't track race.

What can I say , I'm just a curious guy who enjoys talking about mustangs with other enthusiasts and wonder people's minds set when picking out the car

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 04-22-2016, 05:10 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
New to the 5.0 crowd

I bought mine for the simple fact it was all mods I would do eventually just have them from day one and full warranty to go with it. I apologize for taking your question the wrong way.

NHFD01
Old 04-22-2016, 05:43 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhfd01 View Post
I bought mine for the simple fact it was all mods I would do eventually just have them from day one and full warranty to go with it. I apologize for taking your question the wrong way.

NHFD01
That's cool bro. No worries. I was just wondering.

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 04-22-2016, 05:51 PM   #45
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Same here. Isnt the 6 piston brembo kit alone worth almost the 2500?

Old 04-22-2016, 07:57 PM   #46
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
It's called a performance pack, so it doesn't necessarily mean it's molded for the track only. It's just a better overall mustang. That's my take on it. You are rarely going to find people who buy a brand new mustang to take it to the track. Most just like knowing they could.

I have been building my car for this purpose but have yet to take it. I am almost ready, but had I got the "trackpac" as they call it on a 14 I would have been a bit closer to my overall goal from the beginning. Thankfully I got the brembo setup with mine.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:17 PM   #47

Region: Indiana
Hello all. I am new here and just upgraded to a new race red 2015 GT from a grabber blue 2013 v6.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:12 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
It's called a performance pack, so it doesn't necessarily mean it's molded for the track only. It's just a better overall mustang. That's my take on it. You are rarely going to find people who buy a brand new mustang to take it to the track. Most just like knowing they could.

I have been building my car for this purpose but have yet to take it. I am almost ready, but had I got the "trackpac" as they call it on a 14 I would have been a bit closer to my overall goal from the beginning. Thankfully I got the brembo setup with mine.
I could be wrong but its my understanding the performance pack is the new term that Ford calls it but was the trac pack in 14. The trac pac was upgraded suspension parts and brembo brakes. This model even gets 5W 50 oil because its designed for track use. Ford assumes people who buy a track made car will be tracking it. The performance pack (ex trac pac), was designed for track racing due to the upgraded suspension and brakes.

I guess my one question and I mean this with no disrespect. Why spend the money on buying a track made 5.0 but never gonna track it. Just go buy a non trac pac/performance pack. What exactly is the point to having all this upgraded suspension parts and a car designed for track use and never track race it.

That's like buying a Gt350 R and not track racing it. Why? Its designed to be used on a track. Just go by the Gt350 then!

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 04-22-2016, 09:17 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

It's just to say "I have one".

Old 04-22-2016, 09:19 PM   #50
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

I'm just waiting to see what numbers your ride will ultimately put down!

Old 04-22-2016, 09:21 PM   #51

Quote:
I could be wrong but its my understanding the performance pack is the new term that Ford calls it but was the trac pack in 14. The trac pac was upgraded suspension parts and brembo brakes. This model even gets 5W 50 oil because its designed for track use. Ford assumes people who buy a track made car will be tracking it. The performance pack (ex trac pac), was designed for track racing due to the upgraded suspension and brakes.

I guess my one question and I mean this with no disrespect. Why spend the money on buying a track made 5.0 but never gonna track it. Just go buy a non trac pac/performance pack. What exactly is the point to having all this upgraded suspension parts and a car designed for track use and never track race it.

That's like buying a Gt350 R and not track racing it. Why? Its designed to be used on a track. Just go by the Gt350 then!

Just a near stock 3.7
Pretty simple, actually. I don't live anywhere near a track. I bought the performance package because I enjoy enthusiastic driving and appreciate the upgraded handling and braking abilities of the vehicle. It doesn't require a track to appreciate the extra capabilities of this package.

I don't understand why so many here seem content to question others' intelligence and decision-making capabilities. It's our money, our choices. Why do you feel compelled to question them? Sheesh. I think I've had enough of all of this silliness.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:49 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Why don't you ask every wig wearing rich guy why they buy a Ferrari and never track it? Why don't you ask everyone with mil spec rifles why they bought those guns and haven't shot anyone. Not everything is like a shovel. I have a lot of professional music equipment that would also seem unnecessary for someone who plays with friends on the week end and alone at home , but at the same time , so do a lot of other people. I haven't tracked mine yet and while I do intend to have fun with it, j just wanted the sportier drive , the feel, the look and the pedigree that comes with owning the real deal mustang. I know I could've bought a focus. Essentially , using your logic, if I only drive it to and from work why do I need a mustang ?

Old 04-22-2016, 09:52 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_13 View Post
It's just to say "I have one".

Fair enough sir. 👍

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 04-22-2016, 10:02 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
Why don't you ask every wig wearing rich guy why they buy a Ferrari and never track it? Why don't you ask everyone with mil spec rifles why they bought those guns and haven't shot anyone. Not everything is like a shovel. I have a lot of professional music equipment that would also seem unnecessary for someone who plays with friends on the week end and alone at home , but at the same time , so do a lot of other people. I haven't tracked mine yet and while I do intend to have fun with it, j just wanted the sportier drive , the feel, the look and the pedigree that comes with owning the real deal mustang. I know I could've bought a focus. Essentially , using your logic, if I only drive it to and from work why do I need a mustang ?

I don't know anyone who owns a Ferrari but if they did I would ask them if they track it if the cars design to be used as a track car.

I don't know anyone with mil spec riffles to ask if they shoot them. I never said don't buy a mustang. I was just curious as to why people were buying certain upgrades meaning suspension and braking systems that are designed for track use if someone does plan on track racing.

Curiosity! That's all. I was just trying to look at ones point of view in paying for upgraded performance parts and never using them for what they are designed for.

I hear people ask me why don't you put Brembo brakes on my car. I'm like why? My braking system works just fine. It stops my car just fine.

I'm cool with people buying what ever they want I just like to understand why people choose what they choose. I have never upgraded any performance part on my mustang that I didn't use or have purpose for just to say I have it.

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 04-22-2016, 10:12 PM   #55
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:

Just a near stock 3.7

Because the stock suspension is terrible. Doesn't matter if you are tracking the car or not, let the clutch out and give her some gas and it's wheel hop city. 435 hp car with 255's and crap rubber bushings don't mix. And who doesn't like to have ultimate stopping power? Yes the extra things associated with this like a diff cooler are more track oriented but I believe if you asked most actual track guys & gals they would laugh at a "track pac" or "performance pack" being out of the box track capable. This package is just a add on for ford to dip into the consumers wallet to obtain the car they really want. My point is it's not a track ready car. It's just how a GT should come. Ready to pound pavement at a moments notice and stop on a dime if need be. By the way you know I'm not saying these things in a disrespectful manner, just stating my opinion.
Old 04-22-2016, 10:21 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Because the stock suspension is terrible. Doesn't matter if you are tracking the car or not, let the clutch out and give her some gas and it's wheel hop city. 435 hp car with 255's and crap rubber bushings don't mix. And who doesn't like to have ultimate stopping power? Yes the extra things associated with this like a diff cooler are more track oriented but I believe if you asked most actual track guys & gals they would laugh at a "track pac" or "performance pack" being out of the box track capable. This package is just a add on for ford to dip into the consumers wallet to obtain the car they really want. My point is it's not a track ready car. It's just how a GT should come. Ready to pound pavement at a moments notice and stop on a dime if need be. By the way you know I'm not saying these things in a disrespectful manner, just stating my opinion.
Copy that sir. Wheel hop was bad on my 3.7 so I put aftermarket LCA's. Well that's a shame that after people pay 36k for a performance Mustang 5.0 and the suspension is garbage. I can say, other than my LCA's my suspension is fine.

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 04-23-2016, 05:04 AM   #57
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

I'm still researching what small mods to start with later this year. Definitely a different animal then previous years.

Heck, just with the axlebacks they are all cut and clamp. All of the borlas require cutting off the stock mufflers. No bolt on like before.

Old 04-23-2016, 05:48 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieSlayer View Post
I'm still researching what small mods to start with later this year. Definitely a different animal then previous years.

Heck, just with the axlebacks they are all cut and clamp. All of the borlas require cutting off the stock mufflers. No bolt on like before.
Get a catback. No cutting required and it just bolts on.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Old 04-23-2016, 08:07 AM   #59
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Get a catback. No cutting required and it just bolts on.
Yea I have been noticing most people with these go Catback probably for this very reason. I was looking at S Types, but they sound off without the resonators and such? Has anyone heard these in person?

Old 04-24-2016, 01:17 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Congrats,
I went from a bolt on 05 V6 to my 15 GT, put the Paxton on this year. What warranty lol. Took my clutch assist spring out long time ago, much smoother.

2015 GT Premium Triple Yellow
Niche Essen Staggered
Paxton Supercharged
Borla ATAk cat back
Old 04-25-2016, 01:47 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
New to the 5.0 crowd

I'm new to the 5.0 family too. Traded in my 2012 V6 for a 2016 GT Premium. Best decision I ever made. It's amazing!

Out with the old, in with the new!
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1461566826.663395.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	200237

Old 04-25-2016, 03:09 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I love those shots ! Love your old ride too man! Here's some of mine

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1461571699.349121.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	200238Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1461571727.646452.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	200239

Haha same pArking spot less than 3 years apart

Old 04-25-2016, 06:20 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigkat122 View Post
I'm new to the 5.0 family too. Traded in my 2012 V6 for a 2016 GT Premium. Best decision I ever made. It's amazing!
You chose the best color too!

Old 04-27-2016, 07:01 AM   #64
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
I don't know anyone who owns a Ferrari but if they did I would ask them if they track it if the cars design to be used as a track car.

I don't know anyone with mil spec riffles to ask if they shoot them. I never said don't buy a mustang. I was just curious as to why people were buying certain upgrades meaning suspension and braking systems that are designed for track use if someone does plan on track racing.

Curiosity! That's all. I was just trying to look at ones point of view in paying for upgraded performance parts and never using them for what they are designed for.

I hear people ask me why don't you put Brembo brakes on my car. I'm like why? My braking system works just fine. It stops my car just fine.

I'm cool with people buying what ever they want I just like to understand why people choose what they choose. I have never upgraded any performance part on my mustang that I didn't use or have purpose for just to say I have it.

Just a near stock 3.7

Why are you putting lca's on v6. Seems like a waste.

Old 04-27-2016, 07:22 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcturd81 View Post
Why are you putting lca's on v6. Seems like a waste.

Wheel hop issues! Why would LCA's be a waste on a V6? What does engine size have to do with LCA's?

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 04-27-2016, 07:25 AM   #66
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Wheel hop!

Just a near stock 3.7

On a 3.7? Do you have 175x50x17 tires or something?

Old 04-27-2016, 07:26 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
On a 3.7? Do you have 175x50x17 tires or something?

At the time I had 215 65 17's putting down just shy of 300 rwhp.

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 04-27-2016, 07:31 AM   #68
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
At the time I had 215 65 17's putting down 300 rwhp.

Just a near stock 3.7

Lol I was close. That's why you had wheel hop. Wider tires would have cured it. I had 295-35-20 on a v6 with similar mods and 3.73 gears and I never had wheel hop.

Old 04-27-2016, 07:32 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol I was close. That's why you had wheel hop. Wider tires would have cured it. I had 295-35-20 on a v6 with similar mods and 3.73 gears and I never had wheel hop.

Now I have 245 45 19's

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 04-27-2016, 07:48 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The whole axle behaves better with the poly bushings over the stock soft rubber. Same with upgrading to a poly bushing panhard. Everything is more stable and solid. The added traction is a bonus.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT