New to the 5.0 crowd - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-04-2016, 04:29 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
370Zs come with V6s but no one bats an eye...

Congrats on the new stang man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2016, 05:41 PM   #107
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
I'm still loving my 5.0. Every day I drive it, just makes my day that much better. Can't wait till I have more funds to mod it. But for now it will just be cheaper touch-up items.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kevin.cook2016/?hl=en
Old 05-04-2016, 05:48 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_13 View Post
370Zs come with V6s but no one bats an eye...

Congrats on the new stang man!

You're comparing apples to oranges... Don't make Kona Blue come in here and start talking chicken nuggets...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2016, 06:20 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRMN8ER View Post
You're comparing apples to oranges... Don't make Kona Blue come in here and start talking chicken nuggets...
I'm just saying! Those get FI and no one says "Should've gotten American muscle if you wanted power, these cars are only meant for turns. Way to waste your money noob."

Old 05-04-2016, 06:37 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I don't want to take Kona Blue's position, but when you guys compare cars are you taking everything into consideration?
Weight, tq, hp, etc.?

I love my 5.0 but i'd take a 370z also.
Have you seen the one that was built to compete with Godzilla?
Old 05-04-2016, 07:05 PM   #111
Registered Member
Regular

Not all V6s are made equal... just because they have the same amount of cylinders doesn't mean they will perform the same... Would you prefer a V6 engine built by Chevy? Or a V6 built by Porsche?

If I had to choose, I would take the 370z's V6 over a S197's V6... then again I would never want a N/A V6 car to begin with. It's dangerous being on the freeway with such a lack of passing power!
Old 05-04-2016, 07:08 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuberky View Post
I don't want to take Kona Blue's position, but when you guys compare cars are you taking everything into consideration?
Weight, tq, hp, etc.?

I love my 5.0 but i'd take a 370z also.
Have you seen the one that was built to compete with Godzilla?
370Zs are about half a second quicker than a V6 Stang, but FI a 5.0 and you will net more power regardless.

So Nissans are then by most people's logic, by default they not built for drag racing and doing it for that purpose would be stupid and a waste of money.

Or am I missing something?

Old 05-04-2016, 07:10 PM   #113
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
New to the 5.0 crowd

Quote:
Not all V6s are made equal... just because they have the same amount of cylinders doesn't mean they will perform the same... Would you prefer a V6 engine built by Chevy? Or a FLAT-6 built by Porsche?

If I had to choose, I would take the 370z's V6 over a S197's V6... then again I would never want a N/A V6 car to begin with. It's dangerous being on the freeway with such a lack of passing power!
Fixed it.

Respect the classics.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:22 PM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon View Post
Fixed it.

Respect the classics.
Damn you Recon! Good catch. You guys get the point I'm making though.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:23 PM   #115
Registered Member

Regular

New to the 5.0 crowd

Well, Porsche has a V6 for the Cayenne; but I don't think SUVs were part of the discussion. Sorry, I'm weird when it comes to Porsche.

Respect the classics.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:47 PM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

So do you guys only have interest in 5.0s and v8s?
Or do you all enjoy talking about other vehicles as well?
Trying to catch the vibe from you guys other than ragging on Kona Blue.
Which i like so far.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:52 PM   #117
Registered Member

Regular

^ You're looking for off topic forums.

Respect the classics.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:04 PM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

Legit forgot that existed.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:07 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuberky View Post
So do you guys only have interest in 5.0s and v8s?
Or do you all enjoy talking about other vehicles as well?
Trying to catch the vibe from you guys other than ragging on Kona Blue.
Which i like so far.

I think the majority of s550 owners are out there driving their cars and the rest of us that want to be on the forum have to deal with casual morons and opinionated S197 owners.

Beats doing laundry I guess.

Or awkwardly explaining simple concepts to Kona.

Old 05-04-2016, 08:19 PM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

^ you're my new friend.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:06 PM   #121
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
What's fast? What's your definition of fast? Fast compared too what? Fast compared to a top fuel car?? Define fast too you?

Just a near stock 3.7

Ok I'll try to answer your questions...

What's fast?

I'm not sure why you're even asking this. I mentioned that you clearly didn't care about going fast with your heavy wheels. You added lca's because you were trying to go fast and you had wheel hop. Which btw...is probably so false. I don't think wheel hop exists in a v6 with 2.15 grandma gears. Maybe you drove over a rumble strip when you floored it on an on ramp? What's fast? Not your car.

What's your definition of fast?

In this case...Something that isn't the slowest model option available like your v6 mustang with 223 plastered everywhere .

Fast compared to what?

Your mustang is fast compared to a stock Honda Civic. A bolt on civic might give you problems.

Fast compared to a top fuel car?

Huh? You're in the civic/Dodge Dart league.

Define fast too you?

Umm...is that a statement or did you confuse yourself when you realized you already asked that question. Smh...

Old 05-04-2016, 10:13 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Not all V6s are made equal... just because they have the same amount of cylinders doesn't mean they will perform the same... Would you prefer a V6 engine built by Chevy? Or a V6 built by Porsche?

The 3.7 V6 is dangerous being on the freeway because it lacks passing power. OMG, ba ha ha ha ha ha. Dude, you are a few fries short of a kids meal! Holy ***** man. Best one line of the month by you.

Lack of passing power???? SMH! I rape my buddies performance tuned 08 GT every roll race and from dead stops. You're statements about the 3.7 shows how ignorant you are about the model and you have zero clue what you're talking about.

I love feeding the troll!

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 05-04-2016, 10:29 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcturd81 View Post
Ok I'll try to answer your questions...

What's fast?

I'm not sure why you're even asking this. I mentioned that you clearly didn't care about going fast with your heavy wheels. You added lca's because you were trying to go fast and you had wheel hop. Which btw...is probably so false. I don't think wheel hop exists in a v6 with 2.15 grandma gears. Maybe you drove over a rumble strip when you floored it on an on ramp? What's fast? Not your car.

What's your definition of fast?

In this case...Something that isn't the slowest model option available like your v6 mustang with 223 plastered everywhere .

Fast compared to what?

Your mustang is fast compared to a stock Honda Civic. A bolt on civic might give you problems.

Fast compared to a top fuel car?

Huh? You're in the civic/Dodge Dart league.

Define fast too you?

Umm...is that a statement or did you confuse yourself when you realized you already asked that question. Smh...

I have 227 on the side of my pony. Not 223. At least get the facts straight if you are going to talk crazy. Clearly you are confused about my wheel hop issue. I don't have 2:73 gears dude. I have 3:73 gears bud and was having wheel hop when nailing from a dead stop.

Its really not a hard concept to understand. I don't give a crap how heavy the MMD wheels are. I don't race my car so why would I give a crap about their weight. They are the best looking wheels for the S197 in my opinion and that's why I bought them. If I wanted a race car I certainly would not of bought my 3.7. But wait for it. I don't track race nor care too. I could give too craps if you consider my 3.7 fast. I don't care if my pony is the slowest one at the American Muscle show. Its fast enough for my enjoyment!

You still didn't answery question. You said my V6 is not fast! How fast does my V6 have to go in order for it to be considered fast? It will do a easy 150 mph! Is that fast?

What's fast?

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 05-04-2016, 10:33 PM   #124
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
The 3.7 V6 is dangerous being on the freeway because it lacks passing power. OMG, ba ha ha ha ha ha. Dude, you are a few fries short of a kids meal! Holy ***** man. Best one line of the month by you.

Just a near stock 3.7

I would rather be a few fries short than a few cylinders short : /

Old 05-04-2016, 10:37 PM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I would rather be a few fries short than a few cylinders short : /

And it shows! Yeah, wouldn't want to be a few cylinders short because in life that really matters. Like the world really gives two craps about that. Ba ha ha.

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 05-04-2016, 10:39 PM   #126
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
internet rule # 4

don't feed the trolls
Good way to get your post count up.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:40 PM   #127
Registered Member
Regular

The 3V engines and back are slow too, let's all let them know how much better the Coyote is!

Old 05-04-2016, 10:46 PM   #128
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
I have 227 on the side of my pony. Not 223. At least get the facts straight if you are going to talk crazy. Clearly you are confused about my wheel hop issue. I don't have 2:73 gears dude. I have 3:73 gears bud and was having wheel hop when nailing from a dead stop.

Its really not a hard concept to understand. I don't give a crap how heavy the MMD wheels are. I don't race my car so why would I give a crap about their weight. They are the best looking wheels for the S197 in my opinion and that's why I bought them. If I wanted a race car I certainly would not of bought my 3.7. But wait for it. I don't track race nor care too. I could give too craps if you consider my 3.7 fast. I don't care if my pony is the slowest one at the American Muscle show. Its fast enough for my enjoyment!

You still didn't answery question. You said my V6 is not fast! How fast does my V6 have to go in order for it to be considered fast? It will do a easy 150 mph! Is that fast?

What's fast?

Just a near stock 3.7

Ok well first of all...if you have 3.73 gears your not hitting a top speed of 150. And if your not tuned to remove the speed limiter your not getting anywhere close to that either. And FYI the limiter is there because your car isn't capable of going that fast. The drive shaft will snap. So yeah...you can't do 150 and even if you could, it would take you a very long time to reach that speed on your platform.

Old 05-04-2016, 10:48 PM   #129
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The 3V engines and back are slow too, let's all let them know how much better the Coyote is!

They weren't considered slow back in 2010 when the 4.6 was still in it! Now all of a sudden their slow too. Ba ha ha ha. So again, what's fast! Give me a quantitative number to say how fast the 3.7 needs to be in order to be considered fast.

The 4.6 just 6 years ago was the f ing cats meow, now all of a sudden their slow and garbage. Ba ha ha ha

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 05-04-2016, 10:52 PM   #130
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:

Sure...but they had a lot more torque. They were slow on the top end just like the 2011 v6. The only difference is the v6 has a lot less torque.

Old 05-04-2016, 10:57 PM   #131
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
They weren't considered slow back in 2010 when the 4.6 was still in it! Now all of a sudden their slow too. Ba ha ha ha. So again, what's fast! Give me a quantitative number to say how fast the 3.7 needs to be in order to be considered fast.

The 4.6 just 6 years ago was the f ing cats meow, now all of a sudden their slow and garbage. Ba ha ha ha

Just a near stock 3.7

There is no number because it will never be fast without FI.

The 4.6 has torque and is a blast to drive on the street.

Old 05-04-2016, 10:59 PM   #132
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok well first of all...if you have 3.73 gears your not hitting a top speed of 150. And if your not tuned to remove the speed limiter your not getting anywhere close to that either. And FYI the limiter is there because your car isn't capable of going that fast. The drive shaft will snap. So yeah...you can't do 150 and even if you could, it would take you a very long time to reach that speed on your platform.

Now that's funny stuff. I can't do 150 mph? Bud , been already done and didn't take long to get their. I hit 150 no problem. You have zero clue what you are talking about. Driveshaft! I have a one piece aluminum driveshaft. I don't have the factory one!

My car isn't limited by the speed governor. My pony is tuned bud. The 3.7 is more than capable of hitting 150 MPH! Been there done that, next! Wait, next you are gonna tell me my factory tires aren't speed rated for 150 mph.

Oh wait for it, I don't have my factory tires. I have tires that are speed rated for 186 mph. Next you're gonna tell me that my CS spoiler is really heavy and causes the car to drag back.

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 05-04-2016, 11:02 PM   #133
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
There is no number because it will never be fast without FI.

The 4.6 has torque and is a blast to drive on the street.

So is my 3.7 fast if I boost it? So the 4.6 is a blast to drive on the street but the 3.7 isn't? Is that what you are saying?

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 05-04-2016, 11:03 PM   #134
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Now that's funny stuff. I can't do 150 mph? Bud , been already done and didn't take long to get their. I hit 150 no problem. You have zero clue what you are talking about. Driveshaft! I have a one piece aluminum driveshaft. I don't have the factory one!

My car isn't limited by the speed governor. My pony is tuned bud. The 3.7 is more than capable of hitting 150 MPH! Been there done that, next! Wait, next you are gonna tell me my factory tires aren't speed rated for 150 mph.

Oh wait for it, I don't have my factory tires. I have tires that are speed rated for 186 mph. Next you're gonna tell me that my CS spoiler is really heavy and causes the car to drag back.

Just a near stock 3.7

No...I'm gonna tell you that you wasted a crazy amount of money making a slow car a little less slow.

Old 05-04-2016, 11:05 PM   #135
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No...I'm gonna tell you that you wasted a crazy amount of money making a slow car a little less slow.

I actually didn't spend that much on making the car faster. Its some bolt on mods dude. Nothing really crazy about it. What do you consider crazy amount of money? I don't think I spend more than $ 3,500 on all my performance mods! You consider that crazy amount of money. Ba ha ha ha.

That's funny but I'm good with that. I can live with having a slow car made a little less slower. I'm happy with that so all good. I love my slow pony.

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 05-04-2016, 11:06 PM   #136
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
So is my 3.7 fast if I boost it? So the 4.6 is a blast to drive on the street but the 3.7 isn't? Is that what you are saying?

Just a near stock 3.7

100% what I'm saying.

Old 05-04-2016, 11:06 PM   #137
Registered Member
Regular

If you're v6 can't hit 300mph it's clearly too slow to even be considered a muscle car smh

Old 05-04-2016, 11:07 PM   #138
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
I actually didn't spend that much on making the car faster. Its some bolt on mods dude. Nothing really crazy about it.

Just a near stock 3.7

That's cool. How much faster did it make it? Did it make it faster?

Old 05-04-2016, 11:09 PM   #139
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferr View Post
If you're v6 can't hit 300mph it's clearly too slow to even be considered a muscle car smh

Way to chime in...

Old 05-04-2016, 11:10 PM   #140
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by UOP Shadow View Post
OP, both of your cars are great looking.

I too got rid of my 2013 junk for an S550.

Attachment 200344

How do you like the S550 to the SS ?
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT