GT Premium toggle switch pack - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-22-2016, 09:52 AM   #1

Region: Texas
GT Premium toggle switch pack

I love my new GT base with performance package. I opted not to buy the Premium version because none of the features interested me. Well, almost none of them. As it happens, I rather like the Premium toggle switch pack that isn't offered for the base GT.

Does anyone know if this part can be swapped one for the other? Would love to do it if it is possible without major electrical slicing and dicing.
CSchilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2016, 09:57 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Possible? Yes. Easy? Nope.

Should have gotten the premium. It's worth it.

2015 GT Premium 401A Ingot Silver Automatic Sold

2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Automatic Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2016, 10:25 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Possible? Yes. Easy? Nope.

Should have gotten the premium. It's worth it.
With all due respect to you and your choices, the Premium was most certainly NOT worth the extra money to me. I live in a hot climate and leather seats are a no-go for me. Bottom line is that there is exactly one Premium feature that I really want that isn't in the base GT. If you have more specifics about how I might be able to swap that toggle switch pack for the base model switches, I would be very appreciative.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2016, 10:36 AM   #4
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

First of all - congrats with having a GT (even if you have had it for a bit)

I also just got a 2016 GT Base model w/ performance pack

I can agree that although the features of a premium would be convenient, it is not necessary. I had a Premium 2014 and you eventually just forget about or stop paying attention to some of the features.

Also - The new base models are almost comparable to the older Premiums. A lot of features are standard now: LCD in cluster, Sync/Bluetooth, Auto headlamps w/ fogs, Push to Start, etc. So from a 2014 Premium to a 2016 Base model, I am not really missing anything to be totally honest. The MyColor eventually just became distracting. The leather in Texas heat left me with a sweaty back most days.

The cloth seats now are very nice. Almost like a racing seat quality. They really hug/hold you into place.

Now back on OPs question. I took a couple of pics to compare the 2 center areas. Good news is - The button areas are the same size. So no cutting or swapping of the dash area looks to be needed. The 2 things you need to figure out are...

1. Wiring behind the button plate area and 2. Part number(s) needed for those switches.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Premium.PNG
Views:	351
Size:	388.4 KB
ID:	200143   Click image for larger version

Name:	Base.PNG
Views:	332
Size:	384.4 KB
ID:	200144  

Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kevin.cook2016/?hl=en
ZombieSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 11:05 AM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
As those switches adjust steering feel, shift points, traction control and shock stiffness -- I am sure "just" the switches would not even begin to cover the install costs and complexity to make them operational.
And, even in hot weather, I find that the Premium cooled leather seats do a pretty good job of cooling my backside......though I know we don't get "Texas" humidity or temperatures here in the NW.
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 11:09 AM   #6
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard 5.0 View Post
As those switches adjust steering feel, shift points, traction control and shock stiffness -- I am sure "just" the switches would not even begin to cover the install costs and complexity to make them operational/
And, even in hot weather, I find that the Premium cooled leather seats do a pretty good job of cooling my backside......though I know we don't get "Texas" humidity or temperatures here in the NW.
During the summer I didn't even want to get in my car. LOL

That is how bad the heat is sometimes.

Now on my base model, I can change Steering Feel to Sport. I heard there was a 2nd setting you can change to a Sport+? Does that come with the base model?

Old 04-22-2016, 03:39 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

GT Premium v not GT Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSchilling View Post
With all due respect to you and your choices, the Premium was most certainly NOT worth the extra money to me. I live in a hot climate and leather seats are a no-go for me. Bottom line is that there is exactly one Premium feature that I really want that isn't in the base GT. If you have more specifics about how I might be able to swap that toggle switch pack for the base model switches, I would be very appreciative.
I have a 2015 GT Premium w/PP, and if you're worried about hot leather seats
then just turn on the seat coolers, or didn't you know that was also part of the Premium package?. I was just driving my Mustang and it was about 82 degrees here in San Antonio and the cool seat function worked very well.
As was suggested to you, the Premium Package is definitely worth it. You remind me of these guys who bought v-6s and and are now looking for ways to justify that decision, while they really wanted the GT and are really not completely satisfied. It's only money man, it stops hurting after you wake up the next morning and realize you got what you wanted.

Talking about those toggle switches, I have a problem reading the lettering on them, and they're too chrome looking, should be more of a nickel color in my opinion.
reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 04:54 PM   #8
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Nah i personally and honestly dont care for the Premium features. TRUST ME when I say I am blessed as it is just to have a V8 with a manual transmission. It's what I always wanted.

Took 3 years of applying for one before my credit was good enough to carry the loan for one and a loan for a 2nd vehicle for my wife.

My mods will be subtle for now. Definitely want to get my hands on a catch can soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Old 04-22-2016, 08:15 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflections View Post
I have a 2015 GT Premium w/PP, and if you're worried about hot leather seats
then just turn on the seat coolers, or didn't you know that was also part of the Premium package?. I was just driving my Mustang and it was about 82 degrees here in San Antonio and the cool seat function worked very well.
As was suggested to you, the Premium Package is definitely worth it. You remind me of these guys who bought v-6s and and are now looking for ways to justify that decision, while they really wanted the GT and are really not completely satisfied. It's only money man, it stops hurting after you wake up the next morning and realize you got what you wanted.

Talking about those toggle switches, I have a problem reading the lettering on them, and they're too chrome looking, should be more of a nickel color in my opinion.
I'm sorry. I just don't understand how you or anyone else can claim to know that the premium package is "definitely worth it" to me. It most certainly is not. Even if I adored leather seats, the package costs far more than I would pay for them. Please don't presume you know what's best for me or that I don't know what is.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:39 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I don't know about you, but I'm willing to bet you spend most of your time using your car from the inside, so comfort options and all the gizmos tend to be pleasant. Having a spoiler or not, or silver rims or black rims only matters when you're not driving it. You can't have an argument against these features other than you didn't see the value with them, which is perfectly fine. On the same token, you should be able to see why leather seats and a more refined interior would interest others

Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 09:10 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
I don't know about you, but I'm willing to bet you spend most of your time using your car from the inside, so comfort options and all the gizmos tend to be pleasant. Having a spoiler or not, or silver rims or black rims only matters when you're not driving it. You can't have an argument against these features other than you didn't see the value with them, which is perfectly fine. On the same token, you should be able to see why leather seats and a more refined interior would interest others

It's unclear to me whether your post was intended as a reply to me or not. Assuming it is, I can only say I have never questioned anyone else's idea of value, worth, or choices. I was responding to those who presumed to know what was in MY best interest (and doing so after the purchase was made, which is quite rude, btw). I really have no interest one way or another if other GT owners have the premium package or not; I only know the best decision for ME was in not getting it. You have it and like it? Great! I'm always glad to hear that others are happy with the results of their decisions. I just find it presumptuous when others choose to weigh in on mine.
Old 04-23-2016, 08:18 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
GT Premium toggle switch pack

Gotta pay to play.

It's like when v6 owners try to justify getting a 5.0 swap. The switches do look pretty nifty imo, that would've sold me right off the bat. I thought all models had those, but then again I only drove Premium models.

It's probably more than just buying the part and figuring out where the wire goes, to get factory Nav on the 11-14 you actually had to buy the entire center piece, jerry rig it into your car, and then try and activate it with the VIN of a stang that had factory Nav to begin with.

Simply put, not worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 09:23 AM   #13
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Yea this thread went to s*** real quick. Sorry man. :/

Even if you have a v8 people arent happy. There will always be other things. Premium, mods, etc.

Old 04-23-2016, 07:08 PM   #14
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
------------------------------------

I didn't tell you what you should have bought.

Mustang Evolution Community Rules

•Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Excessive sarcasm, belligerence, insults, profanity, anger, offensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and national origin, are not acceptable.

But what if you ate Taco Bell and have the trouble guts? đŸ’€

Old 04-23-2016, 08:00 PM   #15
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Virginia
At the end of the day, you all have mustangs. What's the point?

Mcturd81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 09:12 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
The thing is if someone doesn't have anything useful to add to a topic just don't respond. The OP clearly stated that he did NOT want the premium package and was only interested in the cosmetic switches. I don't know many people willing to pay 4-6 thousand dollars for a few switches.

If other people feel it's worth it great, that's why ford offers different packages to appear to different buys.

To the OP if no one has don't this swap before do you know if the switches match up 1 to 1? If so it may be possible to swap them but if at all possible I would try and find someone willing to pop off their center console and compare it to yours and see how the switches match up.

StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 03:50 AM   #17
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
thread cleaned up under the "play nice" rule...fwiw like OP I could afford more (heck even a V8) but the base model V6 was what I willing to buy.
Old 04-24-2016, 10:53 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm sorry. I just don't understand how you or anyone else can claim to know that the premium package is "definitely worth it" to me. It most certainly is not. Even if I adored leather seats, the package costs far more than I would pay for them. Please don't presume you know what's best for me or that I don't know what is.
Sorry, was just looking back on 50 years of buying, wishing I had bought and every other mental tussle one experiences with cars. I once bought a 1977 Buick LeSabre and it was loaded--EXCEPT--It didn't have the delayed wiper option, but had everything else I wanted. It gnawed at me for the two years I owned it.
reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 12:58 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Good Grief

the original question: can the toggles be installed. Yes, but then the question is whether the wiring harness will accept them. Also do the functions exist in the Tune and car SW of a base model GT.

There are four toggles. The Flasher will probably work fine if the harness accepts it.
The Traction control will probably work if the Base model already has that feature (forgive me I don't know it if does). That leaves the last two which are the biggies and involve the reprogramming of the steering, and then the steering, throttle, Traction control, Stability assist, A-Trans shift points and converter lock.

Those last two are the question marks. I can't tell you if the Base model SW is programmed to accept those inputs.
2016 GT Vert, SB, AT, 3:55s Weathertech, JLT, Steeda, Colgan, Velossa Tech, Coyote Spacers, Diode Dynamics, Shelby GT350 SW, Curt, Goodridge, aFe, MRT, BMR, Kooks, Mishimoto
Road Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 02:31 PM   #20

Region: Europe
I knows that is an old topic but I have right answer

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1466368113.556167.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	202653

There's no switches an wires , there are only another integrated switches recognized by climates control unit and navigation control panel , if there is present performance pack without sync 2 then you need replace front panel and recode I thing instrument cluster.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
MenIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 01:33 PM   #21

Region: Vermont
toggle switches

S550-3Dz by zackmd1 - Shapeways Shops
Rvercoe218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 01:57 PM   #22

Region: Ohio
Quote:
I have the 2015 GT Premium 50th Anniversary model and the only let down was the fact that the heated/cooled seats ONLY heat or cool the bottom. Heck, even my '02 Camry has heated seats that heat the entire seat. I can't understand why Ford would go so cheap on such a great car. If you're going to offer heated/cooled seats, they should be heated and cooled for the entire seat. Sit on a hot leather seat in the summer and you definitely need the ENTIRE seat cooled. What a rip-off. The only other issue that I had was the pump with built-in fix-a-flat instead of a spare, but I made that a deal killer, so the dealer got me an actual spare included at no charge. The one other scam was a separate line item on the sticker for "50th Anniversary floor mats". I actually called Ford on this one. They made it a separate item on the sticker but the actual floor mats are very cheap plain black carpeted floor mats. I got a set from Lloyds that have a matching trunk mat and they're definitely much nicer than the cheap crap that Ford included.
billy396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 02:02 PM   #23

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard 5.0 View Post
As those switches adjust steering feel, shift points, traction control and shock stiffness -- I am sure "just" the switches would not even begin to cover the install costs and complexity to make them operational.
Right, they ONLY cool your backside (rear end) while your back gets roasted. I also have a 14 year old Camry and the heated seats are heated for the entire seat. I'm amazed that Ford has "heated/cooled seats" that ONLY affect your rear end. It's a cheap move to save a few bucks on an otherwise great car.
billy396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:40 AM   #24

Region: New York
Hi...i am a new user here.In my case i opted not to buy the Premium version because none of the features interested me. Well, almost none of them. As it happens, I rather like the Premium toggle switch pack that isn't offered for the base GT.
RicaIii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:37 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
With all due respect to you and your choices, the Premium was most certainly NOT worth the extra money to me. I live in a hot climate and leather seats are a no-go for me.
Cooled leather seats are the cat's meow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy396 View Post
Right, they ONLY cool your backside (rear end) while your back gets roasted. I also have a 14 year old Camry and the heated seats are heated for the entire seat. I'm amazed that Ford has "heated/cooled seats" that ONLY affect your rear end. It's a cheap move to save a few bucks on an otherwise great car.
The heated / cooled seats in the F-150 do a decent job on your lower back, not sure if its just "overflow" from the butt region or actual cooling on the back but it definitely does help.

Unfortunately, I upgraded to Recaro seats on my premium and lost the heated/cooled seats function.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 03:45 PM   #26

Region: California
Base buttons to toggle type

Was able to modify my base buttons to better looking toggles
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20170125_154233-3024x2268.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	218426   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170129_212600-2268x3024.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	218434  

Name:	20170129_220805-3024x2268.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	1,021.0 KB
ID:	218442  
Elvis 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 08:03 AM   #27

Region: Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis 66 View Post
Was able to modify my base buttons to better looking toggles
Was it just as easy as buying the switches and installing?
grazn8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 07:58 PM   #28

Region: North Carolina
This guy sells the Toggle switches.

They even light up apparently thru the insert. Contact the seller to make sure you order the right set , I havent bought them yet.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/s550parts

1. Toggle (Qty 3) (Either 3 BTO Toggles or Hazard, Traction Control, Steering Mode/Launch Control Toggles)

2. Toggle Insert (Qty 3)

3. Toggle Button (Qty 3)

4. Toggle Base (Qty 3)

Install video can be found here.

Custom Red/Black Leather Interior
Carbon Spoiler
stevechenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 10:42 AM   #29

Region: California
I got lucky and just found the buttons on eBay for $20..I took them Apart and Dremel them down and make them fit on our buttons.. drilled holes in our stock buttons so they would still light up..
Elvis 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT