First GT mods - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-02-2016, 08:51 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
luisagordo31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 110
First GT mods

I just bought a GT 2 weeks ago and I love it! But I want a bit of a growl. I'm nodding little by little, and I saw the heartthrob h pipe. I don't want a raspy sound so no x pipe. Any feedback on these h pipes? Any other suggestion? I do wanna wait for mufflers so they'll be stock for now. I'm thinking of going with borla.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
luisagordo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-05-2016, 08:04 PM   #2
Registered User
Newbie
 
Heyzeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: High Point
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 17
roush axle back


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Heyzeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 08:10 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
luisagordo31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 110
I promise I just bought that today lol


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
luisagordo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-05-2016, 11:40 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fender868's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Victoria
Region: Canada
Posts: 550
I got mine two weeks ago. Literally don't want a V8 without hearing it . You won't regret


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 12:02 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
TRMN8ER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: San Diego
Region: California
Posts: 176
I'm not familiar with the S550 mid pipes, but as far as mufflers go, roll with Borla ATAKs if you want legit tone without being too aggressive. If you want mufflers that will wake up the neighborhood, check out Flowmaster Original 40s or Super 10s.
TRMN8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 12:27 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fender868's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Victoria
Region: Canada
Posts: 550
The roush exhaust is top 3 for loudness measured with DB meter. It's funny because most of the other models only get louder because they have tiny mufflers or none at all!

Borla ataks are nice , but at 549$ the Roushes are hard to beat. Similarly nice are the RTR's . I wanted the Borlas because I had Roush on my 14 and I wanted to try something different but with the exchange rate and shipping , my Roush AB's came to almost 1k . So spending anymore was unnecessary . They made the tips much nicer on the 15's roush ab's. I was always underwhelmed with the apparent lack of quality and styling from the former model.

To each their own. Luckily, there's tons of sound clips to help make up your mind !


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 01:28 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
TRMN8ER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: San Diego
Region: California
Posts: 176
Pretty much all Flowmaster street mufflers are less than $90 bucks each! Pretty hard to beat that...
TRMN8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 01:57 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fender868's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Victoria
Region: Canada
Posts: 550
Like just the muffler or the axle back sets? Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1462517752.475213.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	200650thats all I'm seeing on AM right now and those are basically just tubes. They sound awful, in my opinion anyways


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 04:52 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Grabber Blue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: East Haven
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 3,510
Over on mustang6g the Corsa is the most popular, and for good reason. They have the best sound going with Borla a close second. But the Corsa's have the better looking tips. Here's my Corsa exhaust.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	115
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	200656  
__________________
2017 Dodge Challenger T/A Redline Tri-Coat
2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Jazz Blue Pearl Sold
2015 GT Premium 401A Ingot Silver Sold
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 09:03 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
scott_0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRMN8ER View Post
Pretty much all Flowmaster street mufflers are less than $90 bucks each! Pretty hard to beat that...
lol pretty hard to beat the drone they bring too, they sound great but if you're over 18 years old or drive on the street at all, Flowmasters are awful


Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Over on mustang6g the Corsa is the most popular, and for good reason. They have the best sound going with Borla a close second. But the Corsa's have the better looking tips. Here's my Corsa exhaust.
I almost went wth the Corsa sport axle back, but I couldn't bring myself to spend nearly $1k on ab's I went with Borla S types

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk
__________________
2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs
scott_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 11:03 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
TRMN8ER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: San Diego
Region: California
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
Like just the muffler or the axle back sets? Attachment 200650thats all I'm seeing on AM right now and those are basically just tubes. They sound awful, in my opinion anyways


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
No not those. Flowmaster axle backs, like the ones you listed, suck - all of them. Flowmaster has legit street mufflers tho (just the mufflers which need to be welded on). You can find them on their website: Flowmaster Street Mufflers - comes in Stainless Steel or Aluminized with choice of mild, moderate, aggressive, and very aggressive sound.
TRMN8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 11:24 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
TRMN8ER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: San Diego
Region: California
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
lol pretty hard to beat the drone they bring too, they sound great but if you're over 18 years old or drive on the street at all, Flowmasters are awful
Yes, Flowmasters are known for excessive drone, but that's if it really bothers you. The quality sound they produce I believe outweighs any negatives of drone. I run the Original 40s on my 13 GT, and absolutely love them, while getting nothing but compliments out in public. My exhaust note is deep and rumbly... how a V8 Mustang should sound. When I am cruising at speeds where drone may become a possible issue, I have my music turned up anyways... However, my Original 40s have minimal drone issues to begin with.

The louder and more aggressive your exhaust note is, the more likely there will be drone. Me personally, I'd rather just suck it up and deal with any drone issues if my exhaust note will sound that much more aggressive (while still sounding like a Mustang). Pick your poison...

Also, for the price point, Flowmaster street mufflers cannot be beat. Period.
TRMN8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 11:39 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Grabber Blue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: East Haven
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 3,510
Flowmasters sound like A$$, probably why so many start out with them and then change their exhaust out for something better. They're cheap for a reason.

And the Corsa Extreme's are pretty loud with zero drone. Probably why they're the most popular.
__________________
2017 Dodge Challenger T/A Redline Tri-Coat
2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Jazz Blue Pearl Sold
2015 GT Premium 401A Ingot Silver Sold
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 12:01 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
TRMN8ER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: San Diego
Region: California
Posts: 176
Excuse the rain in the background... it does interfere... But if you think this sounds like ***, for less than $200, so be it. I'm happy with the sound regardless of the price. I'm also only running mufflers... the rest of the exhaust is stock.
Attached Files
TRMN8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 12:13 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Grabber Blue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: East Haven
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 3,510
This is the 2015+ section, so your previous model irreverent here.
__________________
2017 Dodge Challenger T/A Redline Tri-Coat
2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Jazz Blue Pearl Sold
2015 GT Premium 401A Ingot Silver Sold
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 01:13 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
TRMN8ER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: San Diego
Region: California
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
This is the 2015+ section, so your previous model irreverent here.
You really believe the difference between an S197 and S550 GTs exhaust note with identical mufflers would be night and day, as if they were a completely different make of car? If so, you should educate yourself a bit more, before making such a bold statement. Yes they will sound different, but you can certainly guarantee major similarities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Flowmasters sound like A$$, probably why so many start out with them and then change their exhaust out for something better. They're cheap for a reason.
You are clearly implying that Flowmaster mufflers sound like *** in general, not specifically applied to S550 Mustangs. Next time, before you try to call someone out on their difference of opinion, get your **** straight and facts in order.

You also didn't flame my exhaust clip, because it sounds the least bit decent in your mind. I'm really not trying to argue with you here - you are digging yourself into this hole.
TRMN8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 01:47 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Grabber Blue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: East Haven
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 3,510
I'm digging myself into a hole because I gave my opinion Flowmasters? Okay.


No need to educate myself anymore on these cars but thanks. There is a difference with the S197 cars and the S550 cars. For starters one is a solid axle and the other is an IRS. Meaning the pipes are routed different. Plus one has a resonator on each pipe and the other has a suitcase for a resonator that combines both pipes.


FYI I've owned both so I'm pretty knowledgable with both platforms.
__________________
2017 Dodge Challenger T/A Redline Tri-Coat
2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Jazz Blue Pearl Sold
2015 GT Premium 401A Ingot Silver Sold
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 01:53 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
TRMN8ER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: San Diego
Region: California
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
I'm digging myself into a hole because I gave my opinion Flowmasters? Okay.


No need to educate myself anymore on these cars but thanks. There is a difference with the S197 cars and the S550 cars. For starters one is a solid axle and the other is an IRS. Meaning the pipes are routed different. Plus one has a resonator on each pipe and the other has a suitcase for a resonator that combines both pipes.


FYI I've owned both so I'm pretty knowledgable with both platforms.
I'm sure you know a thing or two about Mustangs, I wouldn't doubt that. But it's how you presented your argument, which was a failure.

There's no need for us to go on about this - agree to disagree. Let's let the OP keep his thread alive with more opinions from other members.
TRMN8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:45 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tuberky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Toms River, NJ
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 30
I haven't heard anything in person and i'm very picky with the way i want my car to sound, especially when the systems and parts cost so much. Maybe it's because i'm so new to mods...

I know i want a h-pipe because it belongs on the mustang, and i'm thinking mbrp or borla s type with kooks catted long tubes.
Tuberky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:10 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
TRMN8ER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: San Diego
Region: California
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuberky View Post
I haven't heard anything in person and i'm very picky with the way i want my car to sound, especially when the systems and parts cost so much. Maybe it's because i'm so new to mods...

I know i want a h-pipe because it belongs on the mustang, and i'm thinking mbrp or borla s type with kooks catted long tubes.
Anything Kooks or Borla, you'll be happy with. Maybe not your bank account... But I would roll with Borla ATAKs over the S-Types - a bit more aggressive.
TRMN8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:20 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tuberky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Toms River, NJ
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 30
Agreed. Borla and kook are expensive but what you get for the money is worth it.

I was pretty interested in FM outlaws with a Ford Racing X if i wanted to get obnoxious.
Tuberky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:44 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
TRMN8ER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: San Diego
Region: California
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuberky View Post
Agreed. Borla and kook are expensive but what you get for the money is worth it.

I was pretty interested in FM outlaws with a Ford Racing X if i wanted to get obnoxious.
If you want rediculously loud, and drone doesn't bother you, have a shop fabricate some straight pipes and go with Flowmaster Super10s. Check this 2015 GT with that exact setup:
TRMN8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 08:28 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tuberky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Toms River, NJ
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 30
Good god.
Tuberky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 11:48 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
TRMN8ER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: San Diego
Region: California
Posts: 176
I fixed the youtube link... But yeah, Flowmaster Super 10s are about as loud as it gets. A lot of people don't know about Flowmaster street mufflers... they only know of their axle back / cat back kits... Where the kits in my opinion, don't hold a candle to their street mufflers.
TRMN8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 03:42 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jaylg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Harlingen
Region: Texas
Posts: 428
Louder isn't always better... That's my honest opinion.. I had the pypes bombs and man obnoxious loud.. Put on the Borla S-Type full cat back and wow.. Music to my ears.. Sound as loud but with a more refined note and very deep and best of all 0 drone on highway.. You get what you pay for.. Check it out at Jay_S550.OH on Instagram

Sent from my XT1254 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 12:11 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
DallasStang77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,842
That silver one sounds like a two tin canned raspy Hondas forged together to make an i8.... yeah louder isn't always better.

http://youtu.be/Zh63bie0W4k

I didn't like X-pipes before but this sounds raspier and more tinny than any X I've heard.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 04:50 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
That silver one sounds like a two tin canned raspy Hondas forged together to make an i8.... yeah louder isn't always better.

http://youtu.be/Zh63bie0W4k

I didn't like X-pipes before but this sounds raspier and more tinny than any X I've heard.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
That is the comment of the day. Hilarious.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 10:47 AM   #28
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter
 
ZombieSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: 78613
Region: Texas
Posts: 944
I will be going with an H pipe w/ S Types myself. The sound is fairly good and in the end I will spend less then $900 on parts - shipped. I snagged the Heartthrob H Pipe from AM this month as it is on sale + Discount code = $131. S Types with the discount code is about $710-$715.

I was thinking X Pipe but didn't want any extra rasp.

Here are some videos for what I will be aiming for with this....





And here are some pics of my H Pipe I just got and a comparison of an aftermarket midpipe for our cars vs. the stock resonator in the middle of the exhaust.


It is fairly big so there will definitely be a sound difference between a 2011-2014 vs. 2015-2016 GT.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1463666909.233625.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	201150   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1463666942.732776.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	201151  

__________________
2016 Mustang GT: Guard Metallic w/ manual transmission; Performance Pack and Backup Sensors

Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kevin.cook2016/?hl=en
ZombieSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 07:50 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
drivinglesson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Port Hueneme
Region: California
Posts: 201
I had a 2011 GT with the 3 inch Heartthrob cat-back, and finished it off with Flowmaster 40's. I felt like the setup was too quiet at idle and normal driving, but sounded good under hard acceleration. I was disappointed in the quality of Heartthrob, just seemed unfinished. I agree on the H-pipe sound, I would look at MRT.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2016 Mustang GT
drivinglesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First new car, first mustang, first ford Sportsman New Member Introductions & Greetings 21 11-20-2015 03:59 PM
First Mustang...First Ford...First Car This Awesome! Debster New Member Introductions & Greetings 13 04-28-2013 01:30 PM
MODS MODS MODS! S197Miller 2005-2010 Mustang GT 28 02-10-2013 02:36 PM
Mods.....Mods.....Mods.... Srohda 2011-2014 Mustang GT 8 06-01-2012 01:50 PM
First Post, First Car, First Mustangg EdgeLivin New Member Introductions & Greetings 14 04-03-2012 01:49 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



03:55 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.