Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Looking through some aftermarket Mustang parts sites this morning.....

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Road Dog 
#1 ·
Sometimes it's kind of fun to just go through what several big name suppliers (you know who you are) of Mustang parts have available. Page after page, I got to shaking my head at the PRICES though. I customized the heck out of the engine compartment and a little of the interior on my previous cars, and swore I'd never do that again.
Two items stuck out for me. The first was a big BILLET ALUMINUM dipstick handle cover.....just what you need to grab when the engine is warm, right?
The other was an interior item, and is basically a quarter coin sized piece of plastic.........but FOLKS --- it's a bright red starter button cover!!!! This should sell for MAYBE $5.95, but they want $50.00 for it!!! It is to laugh.

#2 ·
It's not funny what some items cost. But the frenzy to dress up your car seems to override common sense with many people. What really gets me is how so many will buy this stuff to stick on their cars, especially the fake items like hood scoops or side scoops.

#5 ·
But.........I kind of like the red starter button. However, for $50? I'd rather buy that much gas and enjoy the car that way.
$50 for that item IS nearly theft in my mind.....I'd also really like to know where that item is made. Seems like it's hard to find anything made in the U.S. any more.

#6 ·
If the item is mass produced and insignificant in it's overall effect on the car, making it overseas is the only way it get's made. But for precision items that also requires skill to produce and assemble, American is the way to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.