Looking through some aftermarket Mustang parts sites this morning..... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-21-2016, 12:46 PM   #1
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Looking through some aftermarket Mustang parts sites this morning.....

Sometimes it's kind of fun to just go through what several big name suppliers (you know who you are) of Mustang parts have available. Page after page, I got to shaking my head at the PRICES though. I customized the heck out of the engine compartment and a little of the interior on my previous cars, and swore I'd never do that again.
Two items stuck out for me. The first was a big BILLET ALUMINUM dipstick handle cover.....just what you need to grab when the engine is warm, right?
The other was an interior item, and is basically a quarter coin sized piece of plastic.........but FOLKS --- it's a bright red starter button cover!!!! This should sell for MAYBE $5.95, but they want $50.00 for it!!! It is to laugh.
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2016, 10:14 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
It's not funny what some items cost. But the frenzy to dress up your car seems to override common sense with many people. What really gets me is how so many will buy this stuff to stick on their cars, especially the fake items like hood scoops or side scoops.
2016 GT Vert, SB, AT, 3:55s Weathertech, JLT, Steeda, Colgan, Velossa Tech, Coyote Spacers, Diode Dynamics, Shelby GT350 SW, Curt, Goodridge, aFe, MRT, BMR, Kooks, Mishimoto
Road Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 10:38 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I'm on the same page as you road dog.

The prices for these small items are insane. Even useful small items like bushings being over $200. Criminal.
Tuberky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2016, 10:55 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Looking through some aftermarket Mustang parts sites this morning.....

Tuberky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 11:07 AM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
But.........I kind of like the red starter button. However, for $50? I'd rather buy that much gas and enjoy the car that way.
$50 for that item IS nearly theft in my mind.....I'd also really like to know where that item is made. Seems like it's hard to find anything made in the U.S. any more.
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 09:22 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
If the item is mass produced and insignificant in it's overall effect on the car, making it overseas is the only way it get's made. But for precision items that also requires skill to produce and assemble, American is the way to go.
2016 GT Vert, SB, AT, 3:55s Weathertech, JLT, Steeda, Colgan, Velossa Tech, Coyote Spacers, Diode Dynamics, Shelby GT350 SW, Curt, Goodridge, aFe, MRT, BMR, Kooks, Mishimoto
Road Dog is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT