Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Which H pipe?

5K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  jwheaton 
#1 ·
I am trying to figure out which H pipe to get. Steeda, MRT, or Lethal performance. Which is the deepest and loudest sounding

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#2 ·
I don't think anyone has done testing on the different brands of H pipes. It would be too involved and costs would be too great.

Because once you open that can of worms, then people will wanna know what each and every H pipe brand sounds like with every set of mufflers. And we know each set of mufflers is expensive. And it can get even more involved later on if people wanna hear it with shorty headers and such.

So between the 3 h pipes, you are looking at 600+ or so for the mid pipes. Then labor. Then if stock mufflers isn't good enough, people might request each and every set of mufflers. And possibly headers.

I doubt anyone will want to invest the time or money for that.

I would personally say, any H pipe you go with should be fine. Just make sure after the install, you have no exhaust leaks.

I installed the Heartthrob H Pipe on my 2016 GT. Even with stock mufflers, the car sounds great. Nice deep burble. Install is the same as all H pipes on these. It will require cutting the resonator off. Which is no biggie.

I snagged my h pipe for less than $140 on AM and it goes off sale after today. Back to about $150.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#4 ·
Yes.

Here is a video of my car with the H pipe.

https://youtu.be/bsSfi8UZJMM

Everything else is stock. Will be adding some stuff to my intake and deleting the Sound Tube. Maybe I can hear the exhaust a tad better from the inside once I ditch that dreaded thing.

#20 ·
I installed the Mishimoto H-pipe on my 2015. Immediate improvement in tone. While I'm interested in getting different mufflers, I'm not sure I even need them now!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.