Lowering springs question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-07-2016, 08:33 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Lowering springs question

Hi all, I am getting ready to order to some springs, and I was wondering if I need caster camber plates on these S550 Mustangs? In the past it was necessary, but I don't hear too many people doing it any more. I am looking at a one inch drop.
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2016, 06:06 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I have Steeda progressive springs. They are approximately a 1 inch drop all the way around. The springs are awesome. Much improved ride and great aggressive look. I have know camber plates. The camber can be set within factoy specs. Just get an alignment after the install. Talk to TJ from Steeda. He is on the forum. He is a great help. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Philly2304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 08:59 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivinglesson View Post
Hi all, I am getting ready to order to some springs, and I was wondering if I need caster camber plates on these S550 Mustangs? In the past it was necessary, but I don't hear too many people doing it any more. I am looking at a one inch drop.
It has been done by a lot of guys when they do the spring install. It is a toss up whether or not your car will align easily without them or not. My observation is the guys that buy the caster/camber plates to add along with new springs are the track/autoX crowd who need the flexibility that comes with the plates. So it's up to you, what are you going to do with the car?
2016 GT Vert, SB, AT, 3:55s Weathertech, JLT, Steeda, Colgan, Velossa Tech, Coyote Spacers, Diode Dynamics, Shelby GT350 SW, Curt, Goodridge, aFe, MRT, BMR, Kooks, Mishimoto
Road Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2016, 10:15 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
The Steeda Difference: S550 Camber Plates | Steeda Blog

Here is a great article on our caster camber plates that will show the Steeda difference.

We have a lot customer running them that are both lowered & tracking their cars ...

Quote:
Our Steeda S550 camber plates are made right here in the USA and are great for both street and track use. Our camber plates come into play especially when lowering your vehicle. With the addition of our new adjustable strut mounts on your lowered S550 you will be able to correct excessive negative camber and increase your front steering response. If you lowered your daily driven S550 Mustang, running the correct camber will eliminate uneven tire wear.
Shoot me an email with your future plans & I can speak to our build expert as to when you should implement them.

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 08:16 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

You can also get camber bolts instead of plates.

Jeremy
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
Old 06-10-2016, 08:40 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Dog,

Thanks for your input, I really appreciate your advice. It's been about 15 years since I've autocrossed, but I still like having my cars setup for spirited driving... One is never too old for that. This is a daily driver for me, and I am mainly looking to drop it down an inch or so for looks and improved cornering; I am not a straight line guy.
Old 06-10-2016, 08:48 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

TJ,

Thanks for your input, I will take a look at your article. Unfortunately, I had some bad luck with Steeda parts, so I don't feel that I can use your produts. No bad feelings, I just would rather purchase a different brand.
Old 06-10-2016, 08:49 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Jeremy,

That is interesting, I will look into that. Thank you for your input.
Old 06-10-2016, 09:23 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

all cars are different, some cars will have more negative camber after lowering, some will have less, my car was close to 2 degrees negative after installing my BMR performance springs 1.2" front drop, I couldn't have gotten the car in spec without installing my maximum motorsports cc plates, some will recommend camber bolts, I for one, do not trust them

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2016, 09:24 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Jeremy,

That is interesting, I will look into that. Thank you for your input.
No problem. I have BMR performance springs and the BMR camber bolts. I believe these springs drop the front just over an inch. No issues reported from using the bolts from my alignment guy. He's been doing this for I think 30 some odd years.

Jeremy
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
Old 06-16-2016, 09:04 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I am looking at the eibach sportlines. Will I need camber plates or just the camber bolts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
tkhoury77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 09:22 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I decided on the on caster camber plates and the sport lines.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:38 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I decided on the on caster camber plates and the sport lines.

Quote:
Thanks for your input, I will take a look at your article. Unfortunately, I had some bad luck with Steeda parts, so I don't feel that I can use your produts. No bad feelings, I just would rather purchase a different brand.
Appreciate your feedback & if you would like to give me the backstory ... I would be happy to share with my leadership team - always trying to make things right.

Best Regards,

TJ
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
Old 06-17-2016, 10:17 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Lowering springs question

Appreciate that TJ. I had purchased two Tri-Ax shifters for two different cars, an 03 Cobra and '11 GT. I felt that both were worse than stock, and ended up going with a Pro 5.0 on the Cobra, and a MGW on the '11 GT. I feel like it's an engineering issue, and I also fell like I gave Steeda a second chance.
To be fair, Steeda's customer service was awesome when I called them, they offered to replace them. That's not my style; I shot both shifters and their remains lay on my desk at work. I have them there as a reminder to my guys that if they perform substandard, I'll shoot them.

Old 06-17-2016, 10:39 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Appreciate that TJ. I had purchased two Tri-Ax shifters for two different cars, an 03 Cobra and '11 GT. I felt that both were worse than stock, and ended up going with a Pro 5.0 on the Cobra, and a MGW on the '11 GT. I feel like it's an engineering issue, and I also fell like I gave Steeda a second chance.
To be fair, Steeda's customer service was awesome when I called them, they offered to replace them. That's not my style; I shot both shifters and their remains lay on my desk at work. I have them there as a reminder to my guys that if they perform substandard, I'll shoot them.

Interesting feedback - most of the customers I speak with find the Tri-Ax to be a tremendous upgrade over their stock uni - completely understand your point & thank you for providing your feedback.

If in the future, you want to give us another shot ... you can email me at tim@steeda.com. I am positive, no other part will remain shot up & laying on your desk!

Best Regards,

TJ
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT