2016 Mustang GT Axle back upgrade??? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-01-2016, 09:58 AM   #1

Region: Florida
2016 Mustang GT Axle back upgrade???

Hey Merica. I put a xpipe on the new stang and it's a bit too raspy. I also would like a nicer sound.

What do you recommend?

Im thinking about the Ford Racing Borla Sports.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
MiamiMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2016, 12:22 PM   #2

Region: Louisiana
The H pipe is what you need, they make a deeper tone with all systems. X pipes are raspy

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
pike1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 12:39 PM   #3

Region: Florida
Even with a different axle back?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
MiamiMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2016, 10:05 AM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
I don't know about the new ones......but I had an x-pipe and a full Bassani cat back on my '97 Cobra, and it is -- to this day -- one of the best sounding most melodious exhaust systems I've ever heard.......no rasp, no drone, no back firing on deceleration -- I'd listen to this exhaust all day.....pure mellow mid tone all the way through the rpm range.
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 09:58 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard 5.0 View Post
I don't know about the new ones......but I had an x-pipe and a full Bassani cat back on my '97 Cobra, and it is -- to this day -- one of the best sounding most melodious exhaust systems I've ever heard.......no rasp, no drone, no back firing on deceleration -- I'd listen to this exhaust all day.....pure mellow mid tone all the way through the rpm range.
Completely different animal. You have tail pipes, which aid in creating a different sound. The newer cars just have tips exiting the mufflers and are usually more raspy to begin with. The x-pipe sure isn't helping him either.

Jeremy
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
Old 07-05-2016, 06:30 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Magnaflow competition with H-pipe if you're not using your resonator. Check CJPony Parts, they have an install video we with good sound clips.

2013 Ford Mustang SVT 20th Anniversary Cobra Shelby GT500. Stock, almost.
UOP Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 08:11 AM   #7
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
I put an H Pipe on my GT because historically, an X Pipe will add rasp to some or most muffler setups. It had a nice low faint burble with the stock mufflers.

Then I added the Borla S Type mufflers (got a sweet deal on them). Now the car is loud, deep, and burbly. Just how I wanted it. When I let off the gas and let the car roll, it sounds like thunder in the back end nice low rumbling. No backfiring, drone, or anything. It is what I feel a muscle car should sound like.

Here is my thread with pics and sound clips: Exhaust finished on my GT

I ended up welding all of the piping together just to ensure it holds and doesn't move. Most people will just use the clamps or buy a full catback kit so no cutting is required. But people sell the stock exhaust catback system for so cheap it didn't bother me. I ended up spending about $600 for my exhaust setup. Half of what an aftermarket catback costs.

Was extremely busy this weekend but I hope to get more sound clips as the month progresses.

Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kevin.cook2016/?hl=en
ZombieSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 01:03 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
Completely different animal. You have tail pipes, which aid in creating a different sound. The newer cars just have tips exiting the mufflers and are usually more raspy to begin with. The x-pipe sure isn't helping him either.

Jeremy
2016 Ruby Red PP GT

Hey Jeremy,

Actually, Bassani has an X muffler cat-back that is all tailpipe after exiting the muffler taking the place of the stock resonators.

Old 07-05-2016, 01:06 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieSlayer View Post
I put an H Pipe on my GT because historically, an X Pipe will add rasp to some or most muffler setups. It had a nice low faint burble with the stock mufflers.

Then I added the Borla S Type mufflers (got a sweet deal on them). Now the car is loud, deep, and burbly. Just how I wanted it. When I let off the gas and let the car roll, it sounds like thunder in the back end nice low rumbling. No backfiring, drone, or anything. It is what I feel a muscle car should sound like.

Here is my thread with pics and sound clips: Exhaust finished on my GT

I ended up welding all of the piping together just to ensure it holds and doesn't move. Most people will just use the clamps or buy a full catback kit so no cutting is required. But people sell the stock exhaust catback system for so cheap it didn't bother me. I ended up spending about $600 for my exhaust setup. Half of what an aftermarket catback costs.

Was extremely busy this weekend but I hope to get more sound clips as the month progresses.

Zombie,

Your setup is the way to go. I started off with the Gibson cat-back, and I loved the sound. However, it was too much drone for the wife and I ended up swapping it for the Borla S type cat-back. The Borla is a bit more raspy, but that should go away with the H pipe like you added.

Old 07-05-2016, 01:38 PM   #10
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Yea its a nice deep, yet aggressive sound. I was taking off from a light this morning and I guess another Mustang owner heard my car. I saw them poke out from behind another car to see what car was loud. Then All you saw was them zipping through traffic in my rearview, so they could get next to me. Then they tried to race me. I don't do street racing so I let him cruise on by.

Funny though!

Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kevin.cook2016/?hl=en
ZombieSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 01:55 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivinglesson View Post
Hey Jeremy,

Actually, Bassani has an X muffler cat-back that is all tailpipe after exiting the muffler taking the place of the stock resonators.

Hmmm, I haven't seen that. Sounds interesting.

Jeremy
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
Old 07-05-2016, 01:57 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I was in the fence with ordering it, but went with the Borla instead.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT