Anyone else try NT555 G2 tires? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-27-2016, 07:44 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyal_McNeff View Post
Your dealer can't do anything. If you swap for a drag radial they could. Any summer tire will be fine. I've never had issues with dealers about tires unless it's drag radials. Stop letting them scare you. The Michelin mpss comes on the gt350. It's not gonna hurt anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Well Doyal,
Quick little stories...
Suzuki GSXR 600 blew up at 7400 miles, dealer says "we've never seen that before..." they did warranty it though and the bike saw red line ONCE

Work offers free college: I go to school, I get left with the bill... union says "we've never seen that happen before..." I never got reimbursed.

Joined the military: made it all the way through health screening... almost died in a swimming pool for an endurance test, come to find out I have a leaky heart valve, colonel goes "I've never seen this happen before" I was discharged...

The pattern is, if it can happen to me, I'll be the first one with a broken car that I can't afford to fix cuz I pay $1000/mo between insurance and payment... and I have many more examples of how I've gotten screwed over. I'll abide by their stupid rules cuz I paid way too much for am extended warranty and a manufacturer warranty to hear yet again "we've never seen this before"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
TigerStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2016, 08:13 AM   #72
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerStang View Post
Well Doyal,
Quick little stories...
Suzuki GSXR 600 blew up at 7400 miles, dealer says "we've never seen that before..." they did warranty it though and the bike saw red line ONCE

Work offers free college: I go to school, I get left with the bill... union says "we've never seen that happen before..." I never got reimbursed.

Joined the military: made it all the way through health screening... almost died in a swimming pool for an endurance test, come to find out I have a leaky heart valve, colonel goes "I've never seen this happen before" I was discharged...

The pattern is, if it can happen to me, I'll be the first one with a broken car that I can't afford to fix cuz I pay $1000/mo between insurance and payment... and I have many more examples of how I've gotten screwed over. I'll abide by their stupid rules cuz I paid way too much for am extended warranty and a manufacturer warranty to hear yet again "we've never seen this before"

Damn that sucks. I hear ya. Wow you pay $1,000 for the mustang and insurance?

Doyal_McNeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2016, 09:07 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Yup, 700 for payment 300 insurance... I have a clean record, but my cousin wrecked my old mustang on my insurance, so I'm paying for it now... and no he isn't helping pay it lol

I had to eat 6000 in negative equity because the stealership I bought my lincoln from sold me a wrecked car with a bad car fax so it wasn't worth nowhere near what I paid for it. So I had pretty much no down payment on the mustang.

All of that mess and other messes are behind me now, and all could have been fought for in court with a good lawyer, but I'm sure I would have just lost due to lack of evidence. (They took my paperwork into the office before I went in and shredded the fake car fax) I didn't notice until I tried trading the car for a mustang...

I'm just happy to get to drive my dream car with a good set of tires on her. Modifications can wait, they're too expensive anyway lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2016, 10:40 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerStang View Post
SO

100mph felt like 20mph on the way home, this is just outrageous!

Thanks again yall
They are just as smooth at 180mph+...not saying who went that fast...but just saying.
"All the options baby!"
medwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 05:27 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwards View Post
They are just as smooth at 180mph+...not saying who went that fast...but just saying.
Rofl good to hear! Be sure to thank the guy you heard it from haha

Old 10-03-2016, 12:48 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Anyone else try NT555 G2 tires?

I have the NT555 G2. Compared to the NT555 (285/30/20) and MT Street Comps (305/35/20):

It's much more grippier than the G1 and even the Street Comps. On both the G1 and MTs I break traction in first and second gear with ease, but the G2 are holding down power better.

I can peel out in first but second holds it down pretty well. Only when I power shift will I break traction on second gear and even then it's a moderate slippage and a second or so later I get traction again. Not so with the G1 and MT.

Also, the G2 is better in size overall. It's shorter than the MT (27.1" vs 28.4") and is comparable to the G1 (27.1" vs 26.73"). It actually brings the diameter closer to stock (255/40/19 at 27.03" vs 27.1").

I'm running 3.73 gears and I feel the acceleration a lot more eager than any other tires I've had. Will definitely keep using this tire.

The old NT555 sucks hairy bull balls by comparison and the Street Comps are oversized dogs that are too tall and heavy to be sporty.

DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 02:46 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Dallas,

I had zero complaints about traction when launching, my complaints were about sidewall and shifting

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT