Need some help deciding. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-17-2016, 05:27 PM   #1

Region: Delaware
Need some help deciding.

Hey, I am going to be getting a mustang near the end of August and I wanted to get a Exhaust. I have three in mind but I wanted to know what others think and their opinions. (This will be an everyday car.)
Pypes Mustang Catback Exhaust with H-Box Mid-pipe with Black Tips SFM80MHB (15-16 GT) - Free Shipping
Corsa Xtreme 3in Mustang Catback Exhaust - Black Tips 393797-B (15-16 GT) - Free Shipping
Borla Mustang ATAK Catback Exhuast - Fastback 140591BC (15-16 GT) - Free Shipping

I am also wanting to get a tuner, but I am very new to tuning and have no idea whats the best for an everyday car. Thanks!
Doskashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2016, 10:24 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I originally installed the Gibson Performance, and swapped it out for the Borla S type after a couple weeks. The fit and finish of the Borla is the best I've ever installed; can't go wrong with the Borla. The Gibson sounded better and less raspy to me, but the drone was annoying. The S types are plenty loud under throttle, and produce no drone. The ATAK will be loud! I suggest waiting until you drive the car before purchasing.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2016, 04:15 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Exhaust systems are very hard to gauge & provide opinions for ... one of the best things to do is look for a local show & hear them in person. If you are up for another option ... here is the Steeda unit:

As far as tuners go ... I can't speak for the competition but I can say with certainty you won't be disappointed in Steeda. We have some great tuners & some great feedback on our site & other forums - our tunes are written to be safe, reliable & powerful ... to the degree that they won't precipitate damage to your investment:

Here is James, one of our lead tuners:

Quote:
James G.
Lead Tuner and Calibrator

James has over 15 years of experience professionally tuning Fords - mainly the Mustang, Focus, Fusion and F-series. He was previously employed by SCT and trained many of their top tuners! James takes pride in providing quality, conservative tunes that you will feel confident in loading onto your daily driver. Reliability while providing tremendous gains are at the core of our tuning values.
When you are ready .... would love to work with you & create a forum deal.

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 06:39 PM   #4

Thanks for the help, I'll keep the options in mind.

Old 08-04-2016, 08:47 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I've had Borla in the past and I believe they're one of the best in the industry.

in my experience:
Great fit
not obnoxiously loud at idle
but great when you hit the gas hard
no drone.

I plan on getting Borla exhaust as one of my first mods when my 2017 arrives.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 08:52 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Mine is 2013 so not sure how helpful my opinion is... I had a Pypes off road H and Pypes axle backs and LOVE sound. since got LT but they are Pypes also
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 11:50 AM   #7

Yeah I'm most likely getting the borla ATAK cat back. Thanks for all your help guys!

Old 08-20-2016, 01:55 AM   #8

Region: New York
Solo Performance

Just installed this system on my car. Love It!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mach Thunder.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	204355  
skistoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT