About to order a 2017 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-18-2016, 10:22 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
About to order a 2017

So I'm probably ordering a 2017 in the next week. I have a buyer lined up on my 2014 GT Premium Convertible, just working out the details so I can courtesy trade it in & put my new car order in.

Planned order:
2017 GT Premium, 400A, Performance Pack with Nickel wheels, Leather Recaros, Navigation in Lightning Blue.

I'm back & forth about the leather Recaros. I love the look, but I hate that I'm paying $1,600 to lose heated/cooled seats. If it didn't cost extra it wouldn't be a big deal but I'm paying a lot extra AND losing something very valuable in my hot climate.

With the Leather Recaros MSRP is $43,125.00

Question 1: Is there ANY difference between 2015-2016 & 2017 ?
(besides color options)

I see the Performance Pack costs $2,995 now, instead of $2,495!! extra $500 ?

Question 2: Is there any other option you would recommend... & why ? Reverse sensing? Enhanced Security? Painted black roof ?

If I skip the Recaros, so I can keep the cooled leather seats, I'm going to add the reverse sensors. As of now, I really don't want to spend a whole lot more than I am spending.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2016, 10:58 AM   #2
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
on my 2012 I regret not getting security and some type of b/up sensor (camera would be better)
Old 07-18-2016, 11:16 AM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
I think you get the recaros and if you decide you don't like them you would have ZERO trouble selling them for double what you are paying for the upgrade through ford.

I've never heard of anyone complaining about getting the recaros except if they happen to be a "big fella" and can't fit in the seat properly.

Excited for you man. Congrats on the steps you've taken to get to this point. I hope it works out.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2016, 11:49 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_rizzle View Post
So I'm probably ordering a 2017 in the next week. I have a buyer lined up on my 2014 GT Premium Convertible, just working out the details so I can courtesy trade it in & put my new car order in.

Planned order:
2017 GT Premium, 400A, Performance Pack with Nickel wheels, Leather Recaros, Navigation in Lightning Blue.

I'm back & forth about the leather Recaros. I love the look, but I hate that I'm paying $1,600 to lose heated/cooled seats. If it didn't cost extra it wouldn't be a big deal but I'm paying a lot extra AND losing something very valuable in my hot climate.

(besides color options)

Question 2: Is there any other option you would recommend... & why ? Reverse sensing? Enhanced Security? Painted black roof ?

If I skip the Recaros, so I can keep the cooled leather seats, I'm going to add the reverse sensors. As of now, I really don't want to spend a whole lot more than I am spending.
I ordered my '16 GT similarly to yours, but I chose the base GT. I was on the fence about the Performance Package, but I am really please I chose to stick with it. I also chose the Recaros, but mine are cloth of course. I am a bigger guy, and I still fit great in the Recaros. For me, there are only two things that I don't like about the Recaros, there is no lumbar, and they are a pain to get into as a bigger person; if you are skinny, you shouldn't have an issue. That said, I don't regret getting them, they look and feel great.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:17 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Although I never had the 14 TrkPk on a road course I have carved corners at red line in 5th gear and I wouldn't have been kept in place without my Recaros...mine originally were cloth and changed them out to leather as I did the rear...I understand what you mean about the cool/heat thing as the ATSV has the Recaros with both.
I know you spent a lot of money on the convert in upgrades...hope you get some of it back.
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 12:39 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Personally I wouldn't trade my recaros for heated/cooled seats because for me they make the car feel so much better. Switching from my 2011 which had the leather premium seats to leather recaros in my 2015 made the car feel like a different animal. I have been wondering if I can fit aftermarket heating/cooled system in my recaros and order the factory buttons for the dash as the recaro option just has 4 blank buttons were the heated function normally goes.

The performance pack is worth it just for the brake upgrade in my opinion.

I have a nav system in my car with back up camera but no sensors. The sensors would be nice but the camera is plenty good enough help for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Trevorhart3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 01:07 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
a lot get the base and add on performance options separately. i keep wondering about the recaros for mine, but the heat in Texas makes the cool vented seats almost a must. Not sure how i would get by sometimes without them.
Old 07-18-2016, 01:12 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I would buy a 2016. $6,000 plus off the sticker is a win unless your into the two new colors. I would test drive a Mustang with both seat options before you make your choice. The auto is faster than the stick and NOT made in China.

http://www.bowenscarff.com/new/Ford/...archDepth=7:22
24kmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 01:35 PM   #9

Region: Virginia
If you plan to do much spirited driving I would suggest getting the Recaros. Having good seats that hold you in well makes a huge difference in how the car feels.
foshjowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 01:37 PM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

On second thought...how about getting a 16...

Cars for Sale: New 2016 Ford Mustang in Shelby GT350 Coupe, CORTLAND OH: 44410 Details - Coupe - Autotrader
Old 07-18-2016, 03:04 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

That is nice one of my favorite color combinations!
Jbone007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 04:48 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24kmach View Post
I would buy a 2016. $6,000 plus off the sticker is a win unless your into the two new colors. I would test drive a Mustang with both seat options before you make your choice. The auto is faster than the stick and NOT made in China.

Seattle WA area 2016 Ford Mustang 1FA6P8CF0G5304131
^I kind of agree with something like this if your not 100% settled on 2017.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
That's a nice car but for some reason that interior doesn't excite me.
Slick953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 05:00 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Planned order:

(besides color options)

I have reverse sensing on my 2015 GT/Premium/PP. I think the reverse sensing were part of the premium pkg., not sure though. Yeah, those cooled seats are very nice. Recurs would be too restrictive for my lard ***. lol
reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 05:12 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorhart3 View Post
Personally I wouldn't trade my recaros for heated/cooled seats because for me they make the car feel so much better. Switching from my 2011 which had the leather premium seats to leather recaros in my 2015 made the car feel like a different animal. I have been wondering if I can fit aftermarket heating/cooled system in my recaros and order the factory buttons for the dash as the recaro option just has 4 blank buttons were the heated function normally goes.

The performance pack is worth it just for the brake upgrade in my opinion.

I have a nav system in my car with back up camera but no sensors. The sensors would be nice but the camera is plenty good enough help for me.

I have the blind side information system (BLIS) and the rear sensing plus camera on my 2015 GT Premium/PP and I won't be without those safety features on any future car/truck.
reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 09:47 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

5 of my last 7 vehicles had both back up cameras and sensors (2008 RX350, 2009 F150, 2012 F150, 2015 F150, 2015 Acadia) so I have a lot of experience with them. Only my "weekend toys"... 2006 Cayman S & 2014 Mustang GT Vert had the camera with no sensors, and both I actually added the b/u cams. The Cayman added via aftermarket radio, the Mustang I added the OEM spoiler cam & had it OEM integrated in to the stock Nav/SYNC system.

Sensors are nice in case you're not paying enough attention or don't see something, but the camera will be sufficient. If it was a daily driver, I'd probably add the sensors.

Well, I put the order in and gave them my deposit today.

Details... same as my first post:
2017 GT Premium
Lightning Blue
400A option package
Performance Package with Nickel Luster wheels
Leather Recaros
Voice Navigation
MSRP $43,125.00

I'll post pics in 6-8 weeks!
Old 07-18-2016, 10:21 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Congrats, now don't think about it anymore. Just wait till you see her, you made the right call.

Old 07-18-2016, 11:01 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I will try again.

Seattle WA area 2016 Ford Mustang 1FA6P8CF8G5328628
24kmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 09:48 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivinglesson View Post
Congrats, now don't think about it anymore. Just wait till you see her, you made the right call.
The only thing that bothers me is the spoiler delete. I tried to see if there was some way I could special order it with the spoiler still on, even thought PP deletes it. No dice.

I guess I'll have to order one of these:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24kmach View Post
That dealer has a nice Ruby Red Metallic PP too. I actually was very close to going for Ruby Red + painted black roof, but the combo of those 2 options adds $1k. So I decided to just stick with my pattern of blue cars.

But I'm getting my 2017 for invoice price, which is actually a little cheaper than that advertised price and all of the options exactly as I want (nickle luster wheels & leather recaros). And I also prefer the more true blue of Lightning Blue over DIB. My 2014 was DIB and it had a little too much "purplish" to it.
Old 07-19-2016, 11:53 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The only thing that bothers me is the spoiler delete. I tried to see if there was some way I could special order it with the spoiler still on, even thought PP deletes it. No dice.

I guess I'll have to order one of these:

That dealer has a nice Ruby Red Metallic PP too. I actually was very close to going for Ruby Red + painted black roof, but the combo of those 2 options adds $1k. So I decided to just stick with my pattern of blue cars.

But I'm getting my 2017 for invoice price, which is actually a little cheaper than that advertised price and all of the options exactly as I want (nickle luster wheels & leather recaros). And I also prefer the more true blue of Lightning Blue over DIB. My 2014 was DIB and it had a little too much "purplish" to it.

It's a blessing, the Roush looks so much better. You can get it pre-painted too.

Old 07-20-2016, 10:12 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivinglesson View Post
It's a blessing, the Roush looks so much better. You can get it pre-painted too.
I like the MMD by Foose that I posted above.

Though if I had designed it, I'd have made the opening just maybe 1/2 inch wider on each side... so the stripes would be a little more visible and the lines from the license plate indent would almost line up vertically.
Old 07-20-2016, 10:24 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
If you want more aggressive get the mmd v series...

2016 GT PREMIUM "RACE RED" >>>>>>>"raging bull" <<<<<<<<
Instagram: pinoy_stang5.0
YouTube: pinoy_stang
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1469028255330.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	203546  
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 02:19 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
If you want more aggressive get the mmd v series...
Neat, but I kind of prefer a more OEM look.

Tempted to see about ordering an OEM GT350 spoiler, but then I'd have the hassle of getting it painted Lightning Blue to match. Where with something like the MMD I can get it prepainted and should match well.
Old 07-20-2016, 02:55 PM   #23
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Don't get me wrong, I like the spoilers on these cars but there is something kinda cool about a spoiler delete on the s550. It's already got a little lip sculpted into the design.

I would either keep it that way or like you said look into a gt350 one.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 04:35 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

I actually made a change!! Change from Nickel Luster finish to standard black PP wheels.

I saw some pictures of the Nickel Luster PP wheels on a Lightning Blue Mustang and wasn't too impressed. So I went to the dealership to see if I could see them in person on another car, and while he didn't have the mustang wheels, he did have another type of wheel (I think Escape Titanium) with the same finish wheels. And I didn't like the way it looks. Its kind of a cheap silver glitter looking paint just like the cheap silver sparkle finish.

Wish the painted black roof wasn't $700. I might get that to go along with the black trim theme.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:47 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
My 2017 magnetic GT PP has the nickel plated wheels, after looking at the black wheels on my 2016 for 6 mos they are a big improvement in style. I have more compliments on the new car in one week than I ever did on the 16.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
MarkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:25 AM   #26
Registered Member

Regular

So don't just say you have complaints...what are they and why?????
Old 07-26-2016, 09:12 AM   #27
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
today's word is compliments (way better than complaints)
Old 07-26-2016, 09:20 AM   #28
Registered Member

Regular

Sorry, feeble mind was thinking one thing and fingers another.
What compliments and why...16 vs 17???
Old 07-26-2016, 09:51 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
My 2017 magnetic GT PP has the nickel plated wheels, after looking at the black wheels on my 2016 for 6 mos they are a big improvement in style. I have more compliments on the new car in one week than I ever did on the 16.
Did your PP cost $2,495 or $3,190 ?

April price list for model year 2017, still showed Performance Package as $2,495, and the "upgrade" to Nickel Luster finish was free.

Sometime between then and last week when I ordered mine, the Performance package went up to $2,995, and if you select the Nickel Luster finish it adds another $195, for a total of $3,190 for the performance package. Kind of sucks, PP now costs $500-695.00 more!

I told them last week to change from Nickel to Black, then the next day they said they couldn't it was already locked in (which I told them I had a very hard time believe it was locked in that fast), then they called me today and said that they could change it and did.

So I'm definitely getting black wheels with my PP. I'm glad they figured it out, now I can get a black spoiler and gloss black wrap on my side mirrors for a black & blue GT350 like theme.
Old 07-27-2016, 12:57 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
About to order a 2017

I got the PP for $2495 and the nickel plated were always a $195 upgrade. IMHO the PP is the best bang for the buck

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
MarkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 10:42 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
I got the PP for $2495 and the nickel plated were always a $195 upgrade. IMHO the PP is the best bang for the buck
Can you take a close up photo of your wheels ?
Old 09-08-2016, 12:39 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

It's at the train yard. Supposed to be to dealer tomorrow or Monday. I really hope tomorrow!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT