New 2016 5.0 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-16-2016, 08:02 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
New 2016 5.0

Just picked up my race red 16 5.0 on Sunday (traded in my 14 for it)
I'm sure this has been asked before so before people get mad at me, my bad if it has previously been discussed.
I want to change the exhaust and I want it to be as loud or louder than my 14 which had Roush with a high flow catted h pipe... I was wondering what is louder on the s550 H pipes or X pipes? And are the Roush still considered a really loud exhaust? I heard Roush, Ataks, and Extremes are the loudest... I heard a Corsa Extreme catback will be really loud but I don't see myself spending 1500+ dollars on an exhaust, I didn't notice any drone on my 14 at all with the my roush and h pipe... Would an H pipe or X pipe be louder paired with the Roush axle backs?
kaveh14GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2016, 05:07 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
New 2016 5.0

You should be fine with just the Roush axle backs. Most people who paired it with an x pipe hated how raspy it was. I think anything other than stock resonators with Roush is too loud for most.

I personally have Gibson and I love how it sounds, I won this exhaust so I didn't pay for it but if I had to spend my own money I would by Borla Sport cat back or Corsa Extreme.
Clink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:13 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Lol I know for a fact I won't be fine with just a set of axle backs. My old mustang was loud as hell and it wasn't loud enough for me. I like rasp and I want to be nascar loud so if an X pipe does that then that is what I'm looking for
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2016, 07:25 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaveh14GT View Post
Lol I know for a fact I won't be fine with just a set of axle backs. My old mustang was loud as hell and it wasn't loud enough for me. I like rasp and I want to be nascar loud so if an X pipe does that then that is what I'm looking for
And you're why people think Mustang owners are obnoxious.

I mean if you have 600hp+ to go along with that loud noise then all that noise is ok. But if you're pushing a +30hp CAI + cat delete tune you're just being loud & obnoxious.

For example: I saw this guy the other day, looked like a 2010 Mustang. He floored it to make a yellow light (as did I), his car made so much noise, but it looked like he was barely accelerating... meanwhile my F150 Ecoboost, was just as fast, and practically silent. Louder doesn't make you faster OR COOLER!

You might as well get a Honda Civic & slap a fart can on it.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 07:35 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_rizzle View Post
And you're why people think Mustang owners are obnoxious.

I mean if you have 600hp+ to go along with that loud noise then all that noise is ok. But if you're pushing a +30hp CAI + cat delete tune you're just being loud & obnoxious.

For example: I saw this guy the other day, looked like a 2010 Mustang. He floored it to make a yellow light (as did I), his car made so much noise, but it looked like he was barely accelerating... meanwhile my F150 Ecoboost, was just as fast, and practically silent. Louder doesn't make you faster OR COOLER!

You might as well get a Honda Civic & slap a fart can on it.
2010 mustangs are slow and have like 300 horsepower... I'll spend my money how I like and you can do the same, I didn't ask for a lecture from some random guy over the Internet telling me how I should build my car. Did I mention it's MY car and not yours? You can keep your cars quiet and there is nothing wrong with that at all, but If I wanted a car as quiet as an ecoboost I would've bought one. I didn't buy a mustang to have it be silent, if that's what you would do then go out and buy a 5.0 and keep it stock. Also- how do you know I'm not going to put a supercharger on my car as well? But thank you for your opinion I don't remember asking though, it had nothing to do with what my question was to begin with. I don't make my car loud to make myself look cooler, did it occur to you people enjoy different things? If everyone was the same there would be no point in living, life would be boring. If I wanted a 20 second quarter mile I would go buy a Honda or if I wanted 30 MPG, but I'm good with my loud mustangs, you take life too seriously, lighten up; life's too short for you to so serious
Old 08-18-2016, 08:13 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
2010 mustangs are slow and have like 300 horsepower... I'll spend my money how I like and you can do the same, I didn't ask for a lecture from some random guy over the Internet telling me how I should build my car. Did I mention it's MY car and not yours? You can keep your cars quiet and there is nothing wrong with that at all, but If I wanted a car as quiet as an ecoboost I would've bought one. I didn't buy a mustang to have it be silent, if that's what you would do then go out and buy a 5.0 and keep it stock. Also- how do you know I'm not going to put a supercharger on my car as well? But thank you for your opinion I don't remember asking though, it had nothing to do with what my question was to begin with. I don't make my car loud to make myself look cooler, did it occur to you people enjoy different things? If everyone was the same there would be no point in living, life would be boring. If I wanted a 20 second quarter mile I would go buy a Honda or if I wanted 30 MPG, but I'm good with my loud mustangs, you take life too seriously, lighten up; life's too short for you to so serious
Lol. Do you need a bandaid for you butt ?

There's a big range in between "silent" (non-sports cars), stock levels (eco vs V8), then many various levels of modded, and then at the far extreme of modded YOUR super loud raspy & obnoxious, then straight pipes.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 08:18 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

New 2016 5.0

If you like really loud just have it straight piped at a local exhaust shop or put dumps on it. That's going to be the loudest.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 08:22 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

its personal preference, stock is pretty much silent, and changing your cars volume in any way is considered "modded" so that statement doesn't make sense. Either way spend your money how you please and I'll do the same.
Old 08-18-2016, 10:49 AM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Personal preference yes....and it is your car, so you can do what you need to or want to with it.......that said, I am glad that you don't live in my neighborhood.
If you do have neighbors, and you leave for work early -- you should consider them in your plans as well.
One of my neighbors has a tubbed, street/pro stock early 60's 427 c.i. Fairlane that he drives on the street. He knows to idle very carefully out of the neighborhood -- and he also does not drive it early in the morning.
Another neighbor here has a Harley with straight pipes -- he can't seem to leave without flooring it in first gear about five times..............which one of these do you plan on being?
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 11:00 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I've had mustangs for 3 years and my cars have all been loud lol neighbors never complain. I leave around 8 normally. I go really slow in my neighborhood and make sure to not make unnecessary noise. No one has ever said anything in fact they have complemented my cars but I am respectful of my neighbors
Old 08-18-2016, 11:09 AM   #11
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
I've had mustangs for 3 years and my cars have all been loud lol neighbors never complain. I leave around 8 normally. I go really slow in my neighborhood and make sure to not make unnecessary noise. No one has ever said anything in fact they have complemented my cars but I am respectful of my neighbors
Good enough for me.........I get up at the crack of nine though.......retirement is GREAT!
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 12:08 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I have the same year model and color and I'm very happy with my borla 's type catback exhaust.. Check Instagram I have a video in there revving it at the amshow2016..

2016 GT PREMIUM "RACE RED" >>>>>>>"raging bull" <<<<<<<<
Instagram: pinoy_stang5.0
YouTube: pinoy_stang
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 07:56 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
I have the same year model and color and I'm very happy with my borla 's type catback exhaust.. Check Instagram I have a video in there revving it at the amshow2016..

I checked it out, sounds good man. Just not loud enough for my taste haha. But I love the car, good color too lol... I already received my roush axle backs with a ford racing x pipe, hopefully I'll have time to install them within the next week or so but we will see.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:38 PM   #14
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Lets keep this as a discussion on loud exhaust, and keep personal bashes out. Otherwise, it will get shut down.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:33 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Agree, to each his/her own and have fun!

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
MarkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 12:14 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Have fun go as loud as you can. The only opinion on the noise to worry about is that of the law.

I have an X pipe on my car. It's deep down low with the headers but it does get a bit raspy up top in the rpm. I enjoy the sound though as it more of a mildly blended in rasp. It's a American racing headers full system for reference.

Trevorhart3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 11:01 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Absolutely, I got the Roush axle backs with the ford racing x pipe on there and its pretty loud. I think it is a little louder than my old one but volume is definitely similar. I love it so far since I put it on yesterday I already drove 120 miles lol. And you can keep it relatively quiet when you need to be. No drone at all in my opinion. I will probably get long tubes at some point also. The modding has only just begun haha
Old 08-26-2016, 11:59 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I had the Gibson Performance cat-back, and swapped it for the Borla S-Types. The volume of the Gibson was louder than the Borla, and frankly, it sounded a lot better. The Gibson drones though, and that was why I swapped it. The Roush axle back sounds great, and has plenty of volume for most. However, pairing with an H or X pipe really makes it loud. I've heard both, and I personally think the H-pipe setup sounds better than the X.

Old 09-02-2016, 01:44 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post

Listened to the drive by video. I have Borla's as well. Really love the sound, and especially no droning.
Had 5 Mustangs. the last two were a Black 2012 GT/CS lowered, custom wheels, Airaid CAI, Flowmaster Outlaws, BAMA tune, MMD hood struts, Raxiom Black Halo headlights, 13-14 tail lights, & Raxiom Taillight adapters. Removed the 2012 GT/CS stripe (black on black sucks) Replaced with 13-14 Silver GT/CS stripes. I now have a 2015 Magnetic Gray Premium GT with Performance Pack, Borla's, Velgen 20" wheels with Nitto Invos with 275's up front,and 295's in the rear. Airaid CAI, JLT oil separator.
C013RA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 10:25 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Roush axle backs Air Raid Cold air and a good SCT Tune makes the difference Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1473956704.982961.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	205096Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1473956704.982961.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	205096

Cliff
cliff cohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 03:39 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliff cohen View Post
Roush axle backs Air Raid Cold air and a good SCT Tune makes the difference Attachment 205096Attachment 205096

Cliff

Love the CS package on white, glad you like the SCT tune.

You should order a Lund tune for that to wake it up even more!!
Clink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 02:49 PM   #22

Region: Texas
Corsa Extreme if you want it to be loud, with no drone, and sound exotic like the car looks!
darrentexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 06:33 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Roush axlebacks sounded good, then MRT h-pipe even better! then super charged it and now its so damn raspy at wot. Might have to go a diff direction.
Roush Stage 1 blower,OE boost gauge,Custom axleback,MRT H-pipe,Barton short shifter and bracket,Whiteline trans bushing,McCleod RXT twin disc clutch w/billet steel flywheel,Steeda braided clutch line,Steeda g-force brace,Steeda subframe braces,Whiteline front sway bar,SR rear sway bar,SR rear vertical links,MM camber plates,Mich Pilot SS tires,Roush rear spoiler and hood heat extractors,25mm wheel spacers,and Ford Performance hood shocks,JLT oil separator,Flossy heavy weight shift knob
20bmr14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT