Fusion nose? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-02-2016, 01:23 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Fusion nose?

I thought I would post this with this picture. Figured I would get comments, and discussion. People complain that the new mustangs look too much like the fusion. While I can see that complaint, they have a heck of a lot in common with the 13-14 front ends as well. Thought I would put up this picture backing my point. I used GT/CS front ends because the 13-14's have no driving lights. Yeah they are different, but not nearly as much as some of the people out there gripe about. The headlights are what really set it apart.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014 GTCS Nose.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	204746  
Had 5 Mustangs. the last two were a Black 2012 GT/CS lowered, custom wheels, Airaid CAI, Flowmaster Outlaws, BAMA tune, MMD hood struts, Raxiom Black Halo headlights, 13-14 tail lights, & Raxiom Taillight adapters. Removed the 2012 GT/CS stripe (black on black sucks) Replaced with 13-14 Silver GT/CS stripes. I now have a 2015 Magnetic Gray Premium GT with Performance Pack, Borla's, Velgen 20" wheels with Nitto Invos with 275's up front,and 295's in the rear. Airaid CAI, JLT oil separator.
C013RA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2016, 08:56 PM   #2
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: South Carolina
The sharper angles of the grille have definite similarities to the fusion. The question is, which came first? The chicken or the egg? Did the Mustang take the design cues from the fusion or vice versa. Either way I'm still one of the people that think they look too much alike. I don't think a manufacturer's muscle car should look like it's small family sedan...

Of course it's more common than I like. Dodge and Porsche come to mind right off the bat. In any case, even with the new look growing on me, I still plan on waiting for the next redesign before picking up a new one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 09-02-2016, 11:20 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
You guys can keep the new ones for now. I want a 93 GT Hatchback, and a 67 FastBack.

I had a 64 1/2 that disappeared (parents with addiction issues). I doubt I will ever come across another that I can afford. What really sucks is that I am told my dad sold my 64 for almost nothing.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2016, 06:04 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
The fusion comparisons stopped immediately after the s550 was released.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
MarkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 08:29 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
The fusion comparisons stopped immediately after the s550 was released.

Sure they did. I'll pretend I didn't see any then.
Had 5 Mustangs. the last two were a Black 2012 GT/CS lowered, custom wheels, Airaid CAI, Flowmaster Outlaws, BAMA tune, MMD hood struts, Raxiom Black Halo headlights, 13-14 tail lights, & Raxiom Taillight adapters. Removed the 2012 GT/CS stripe (black on black sucks) Replaced with 13-14 Silver GT/CS stripes. I now have a 2015 Magnetic Gray Premium GT with Performance Pack, Borla's, Velgen 20" wheels with Nitto Invos with 275's up front,and 295's in the rear. Airaid CAI, JLT oil separator.
Old 09-03-2016, 10:03 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

People can always go buy camaros instead. God knows they need the sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 09-03-2016, 10:20 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

You must be reading OLD posts then.

Old 09-03-2016, 11:22 AM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
If you are referring to the sales numbers for the new Camaro....I read recently that, even with the restyling for the new one, Camaro sales are down over 15%.
I don't think it helps that the new one looks too much like the old one, and secondly, that you simply cannot see out of the darn thing. The side windows are only 14" high!

As for the new Mustang looking too much like any other car in the Ford showroom -- I have no problem with a "corporate" face for the Mustang. Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW, and many others have adopted a familiar and easily identified front end motif that works to unify their entire line of cars. For Ford to do the same is OK with me.
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 05:55 PM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: South Carolina
Quote:

I don't have to read old posts. I am one of the people that feels that it does, and I know many others that do as well. In short this is a current post, and I'm saying it does. We all have our opinions, and I assure you there are more than a handful of people that share mine. Granted I am sure a majority of people don't think so, or do not even care. Doesn't bother me that you or frankly anybody else, do not share my opinion. But an inaccurate blanket statement, that is your opinion, does not make it true. Just means you have a different viewpoint than myself, and many others. It also means that you are saying myself and those that think the same, don't exist. Here I am, 100% real.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 09-03-2016, 09:14 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
My opinion. The Mustang has a unique nose/front end. Some years are better than others. There maybe a slight similar appearance between the Mustang and Fusion, but in my opinion not much. But why shouldn't Ford use some of the beauty from the Mustang on other models?
oxfordwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 04:36 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

There are similarities, as Guard mentioned it is similar to other brands such as Audi etc. but I hadn't heard the Fusion comparison in a long time and I never look at my Mustang and think "wow! That's a nice looking Fusion". There's plenty of choices out there and if you don't like it get something else.

Old 09-04-2016, 08:15 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1472998506.479887.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	204806

Old 09-06-2016, 07:36 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
The front end does look like my wifes Fusion, but hey thats not a bad thing, the Fusion is a great looking car!
Btw beautiful looking Mustang!

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 10:19 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I think everyone is getting it backwards. The Fusion nose is similar to the Mustang, not visa versa.
oxfordwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 06:58 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard 5.0 View Post
If you are referring to the sales numbers for the new Camaro....I read recently that, even with the restyling for the new one, Camaro sales are down over 15%.
I don't think it helps that the new one looks too much like the old one, and secondly, that you simply cannot see out of the darn thing. The side windows are only 14" high!

As for the new Mustang looking too much like any other car in the Ford showroom -- I have no problem with a "corporate" face for the Mustang. Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW, and many others have adopted a familiar and easily identified front end motif that works to unify their entire line of cars. For Ford to do the same is OK with me.
I think one of the reasons Camaro sales are down is the price. People in the market to buy a muscle car want affordable performance and the Camaro is trying to be too much like a sports car and the price reflects that. My friends girlfriend just picked up a loaded 2ss and paid almost $55,000!
Old 09-13-2016, 07:18 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeygaga View Post
I think one of the reasons Camaro sales are down is the price. People in the market to buy a muscle car want affordable performance and the Camaro is trying to be too much like a sports car and the price reflects that. My friends girlfriend just picked up a loaded 2ss and paid almost $55,000!
You could get a decently loaded GT350 for that!
Old 09-14-2016, 01:40 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
All car manufacturers are starting to do that where nearly their whole line up uses the same "design language".

All Audi's look a like. All Mercedes look a like. All Porsches look alike... etc.

Chevy's Impala... looks like a 4-door Camaro sorta:
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT