Camber question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM  

h

Reply With Quote Moderated Post
Old 09-03-2016, 09:47 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Camber question

I am going to but some Velgen wheels this weekend. 20 in wheels with 9 in in the front and 10.5 in the back. Looking at 255/35/20 in the the front and 295/35/20 in the back. Question is I am getting camber plates for the front but is there anything I need to do to the back or will the camber be good. Anyone with this setup have input? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Philly2304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2016, 08:47 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
You didn't mention any lowering spring installations. So why do you need to install camber plates?

Camber plates install as the top plate on the front struts. It is a chore to pull the struts remove the top plates (with the spring having been compressed) and then install a camber plate and reassemble.

The camber plate is there to allow you to adjust camber over a wider range than stock when you change the suspension geometry by installing lowering springs.

Without lowering the car camber plates are not necessary, especially if all you are doing is changing wheels and tires.

The rear suspension has some camber adjustment possible but again if not being lowered why change the adjustment? And no there are no camber plates for the rear.

To get your car an alignment (4 wheel) ask your local speed shop where the fast guys go. They will likely know someone who can do what you need when you actually lower the car and need camber adjustments. Your local Dealer or Sears won't do a good job on a lowered car.
2016 GT Vert, SB, AT, 3:55s Weathertech, JLT, Steeda, Colgan, Velossa Tech, Coyote Spacers, Diode Dynamics, Shelby GT350 SW, Curt, Goodridge, aFe, MRT, BMR, Kooks, Mishimoto
Road Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 06:01 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Dog View Post
You didn't mention any lowering spring installations. So why do you need to install camber plates?

Camber plates install as the top plate on the front struts. It is a chore to pull the struts remove the top plates (with the spring having been compressed) and then install a camber plate and reassemble.

The camber plate is there to allow you to adjust camber over a wider range than stock when you change the suspension geometry by installing lowering springs.

Without lowering the car camber plates are not necessary, especially if all you are doing is changing wheels and tires.

The rear suspension has some camber adjustment possible but again if not being lowered why change the adjustment? And no there are no camber plates for the rear.

To get your car an alignment (4 wheel) ask your local speed shop where the fast guys go. They will likely know someone who can do what you need when you actually lower the car and need camber adjustments. Your local Dealer or Sears won't do a good job on a lowered car.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2016, 06:03 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Road dog, sorry I didn't mention. I have Steeda progressive springs. So I am lowered. Thoughts?

Old 09-06-2016, 10:12 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Okay so you are lowered. Camber plates are a good investment since they make adjustments easier.

My advice stands though: To get your car an alignment (4 wheel) ask your local speed shop where the fast guys go. They will likely know someone who can do what you need when you actually lower the car and need camber adjustments. Your local Dealer or Sears won't do a good job on a lowered car.

You may not need much of a change if you only went an inch lower.
2016 GT Vert, SB, AT, 3:55s Weathertech, JLT, Steeda, Colgan, Velossa Tech, Coyote Spacers, Diode Dynamics, Shelby GT350 SW, Curt, Goodridge, aFe, MRT, BMR, Kooks, Mishimoto
Road Dog is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT