Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Suspension Handling 2016 GT?

3K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  audioAl 
#1 ·
If cost was no concern what would be the best option to improve suspension and handling on my 2016 mustang GT non-premium?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#3 · (Edited)
Check out the suspension packages at Maximum Motorsports. The Road and Track package is excellent, and all of their parts have been sorted out to work well together.
Don't fool yourself as to the purchase price though -- it's probably near double that to get everything installed and aligned properly.
However, when you are done, your Mustang will handle with almost any car in the world.
Hmmm....in checking their website, they don't list this package to fit the most recent Mustang. Perhaps if you give them a call, one of their experts can steer you (pun intended) in the right direction.

#6 ·
I put the Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs with caster camber plates you should keep your stock struts unless you gonna track it mine is a premium so maybe some stiffer sway bars and your car will handle like a dream
Good luck and pony on
Dasko3446

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

I put the Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs with caster camber plates you should keep your stock struts unless you gonna track it mine is a premium so maybe some stiffer sway bars and your car will handle like a dream
Good luck and pony on
Dasko3446

#8 ·
Yeah I've got some money to burn so I'm burning it haha. I liked the ability to easily switch between loud/less loud. I'm new to this. My first car was a Mustang, it was a '79, I wrecked but I loved it. Anyway that was 20 years ago, but finally got another Mustang. I didn't plan on modding it when I got it but then I thought why the hell not?

#11 ·
Wow wish I could swing one of those babies but I've pretty much tapped out the money for a while over 8k in mods I'm 100% va disabled so it takes me a while to save up that much that supercharger will make it scream better get the steeda wheel hop kit cause mine does some wheel hop when it hooks up good they are around 250 I was gonna get them but got the lowering springs first
Good luck and let us know what's happening with ur ride
Later
Dasko3446

#15 · (Edited)
I'd get the Ford Track Suspension pack... yes even if you're not "tracking" the car. It will stiffen the handling up, drop 1" all 4 corners. Then I'd also get a few Steeda IRS bushings to help reduce the wheel hop and tighten the rear end power delivery up.

Now if you were looking to improve performance also.
I'd get some lightweight wheels, 1-piece aluminum driveshaft and a tune.

#17 ·
Got my car back. I'll post some more pics later. View attachment 205131 Love the active exhaust. It's perfect for someone that leaves for work before most people are up. And the ride is seriously improved. Like having a new car.

Post pics and a list of what you had done.

Looks like there's a GT350 parked in front of you.

#18 · (Edited)
IRS subframe bushing kit or subframe brace for wheel hop-what would you choose?

#21 ·
Coyote Red

I choose J&M sub frame bushings & BMR cradle lockout for my 1st. suspension mods and I will need an alignment after install Thursday I hope.

#20 ·
just ordered the braces-I though it was the right way to go-thanks

Reactions: tj@steeda
#25 ·
2nd on the driving school, I got one of my mechanic's shop to install the bushings and BMR cradle lock-out, No alignment needed. Car handles much better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.