Vinyl + Air !!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-30-2016, 10:32 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Vinyl + Air !!!!

Alright well after a long time of not posting my car even after promising that i would get some pictures of it out here it is. Car was conceptualized and Built by ActaCore Engineering & Design in Carnation WA. Let me know if you are in the area and I can get you hooked up with them.

First off the vinyl: The car was completely disassembled and wrapped and then reassembled. The green color has always been my favorite color since i was a little kid and i wanted to do a color you cant buy a mustang in (S550 that is). It is close to the green on the 13-14 but a little darker and more aggressive. The satin black accents seemed a natural combination to tie in the matte black forgestar rims that look more satin than matte. The S550 is not an easy or cheap car to wrap due to some verry difficult areas and lines. for example in between the red fins of the tail lights is extremely difficult to reach. Also the rear diffuser and front bumper have some very steep angles that are hard to conform vinyl too. Finally the stripe was a style i have always preferred because it is not super generic. It also has some verry subtle 3d touches that really pop when you get up close to the car.

The Air Ride:
The air ride was pretty much done completely in one day. I had to leave adjusting and tuning it for a second day though because a small hospital trip ended the first night short. The system is the air lift 3p, and i plan to at some point to put in the height sensors to upgrade it to the 3h however the mounting spots for the sensors are pretty rough on the S550 platform. I went with dual compressors and a 5 gallon tank in the trunk. I still need to modify the carpet to fit over the system.
It rides fantastic and the raising capability is extremely helpful when i am driving around in Seattle. Plus dropping it low just looks ridiculous. Aired out the trunk sits at my hip height (im 6ft).

Let me know what you guys think / if you want to know anything more about the build or ActaCore!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EDIT Actacore Mustang 004.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	205386   Click image for larger version

Name:	EDIT Actacore Mustang 026.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	205387  

Name:	EDIT Actacore Mustang 030.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	939.3 KB
ID:	205388   Click image for larger version

Name:	EDIT Actacore Mustang 037.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	665.1 KB
ID:	205389  

Name:	EDIT Actacore Mustang 042.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	868.1 KB
ID:	205390   Click image for larger version

Name:	EDIT Actacore Mustang 046.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	473.7 KB
ID:	205391  

Name:	EDIT-Actacore Mustang 067.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	205392   Click image for larger version

Name:	EDIT-Actacore Mustang 054.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	205393  

Name:	EDIT Actacore Mustang 033.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	567.3 KB
ID:	205394   Click image for larger version

Name:	EDIT Actacore Mustang 085.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	205395  

Name:	IMG_0192.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	181.6 KB
ID:	205397  
Attached Files
Trevorhart3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2016, 11:27 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Maybe you could list the price of your mods????
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 07:30 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

That is bad ***. Is your car on Instagram?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2016, 07:41 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I like everything except the black on the front bumper.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 10:33 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Car is on instagram at @actacore_aced and @trevorhart3

I'll write up the mod list a little later today.

I know the black on the front bumper is a little controversial. I think there was a previous thread on here about someone who had something pretty similar. I enjoy the look though and you don't see it often.

Old 10-01-2016, 11:31 AM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Personally I really like the look. Before I bought my Red 14 TrakPak I tried to buy a "Gota Have it Green" although I wasn't able to...it is a fantastic color. I love the embossed design on the strips...another great idea.
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 12:52 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I like it, car looks rad
Clink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 01:00 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Looks cool Trevor

I live in Marysville and will be watching for your car at some of the local shows, etc.
I have a 16 Race Red / Black top Calif. Special

Scotty
2013 Roush Stage 3 #13-0970, Roush Phase 3 675 HP upgrade. Dynotech 3 1/2 inch Aluminum Driveshaft, Stifflers Driveshaft Safety Loop, JLT Oil Separator, Track Package, X Brace Rear Seat Delete, Roush 20" Hyper Black Wheels, Roush trunk tool kit
Scotty 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 05:04 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
I Think your Front looks unique, more so than controversial. The whole look is very unique even for people that have a different interest in colors.
Old 10-01-2016, 05:39 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Damn that's nice!
'12GT Premium, Roush TVS & BAP, VMP Elbow, 82mm, JLT CAI & Catch Can, Eiback Sports, Steeda Cambers & Adj UCA, Adj panhard & Brace, LCAs+Relos, Diff Bushing, Ford Diff Cover, Axle Catch Can, 3.73, Shaftmasters DS, MGW, BG Syncro II, Blowfish Shifter Support Bracket, Trans Mount Insert, MBRP 3" H pipe, Borla 3" Touring Pipes/Axlebacks, High Flow GT Grill Insert, Steeda Spyder Wheels (20X9.5/11), 275 fronts, 315 rears, Lakewood drag shocks, Cervini Hood, big smile
Beviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 08:05 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Rhode Island
I think the car looks incredible. You definitely have a great eye for detail . Happy for you, as long as you like it that's all that matters..I certainly do.. GL with it !!
SolarFlarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 08:32 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
wow. looks amazing. that green does look more aggressive.
rupzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 04:12 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks guys it took me a long time to figure out exactly what design I wanted to do and how everything would work together but I love how it came out. It gets a lot of attention though, I dont mind it too much but it is more than I was expecting.

Scotty are you a mustangs northwest member?[
Old 10-02-2016, 07:09 AM   #14

Great mods, I like the front bumper treatment..
Coulson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 12:15 PM   #15
Registered Member

Regular

That is SOME color! I like that it is just a "touch" more subtle that GHIG.
And, that is also some stance your 'Stang has..........
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 11:32 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Yes I am a Mustangs NW member..Just not a real active one
I will be looking for your car
Scotty
2013 Roush Stage 3 #13-0970, Roush Phase 3 675 HP upgrade. Dynotech 3 1/2 inch Aluminum Driveshaft, Stifflers Driveshaft Safety Loop, JLT Oil Separator, Track Package, X Brace Rear Seat Delete, Roush 20" Hyper Black Wheels, Roush trunk tool kit
Scotty 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 06:13 PM   #17

Region: North Carolina
I think the front kinda looks like the new chargers with the black beneath the grill. Definitely better on a mustang

slightlyaskew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 02:10 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

I am also looking for ideas on graphics to run on the sides of the car. I feel like they are a little bland right now compared to the rest of the car. However I am looking for something somewhat subtle because I dont want to overdo it. So if you see anything or have any ideas post them please.
Old 11-18-2016, 11:16 AM   #19

Region: Virginia
Great Design, attention to detail. I like it!

JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, Ford Performance Cut and Clamp Resonator Delete X-Pipe, Roush Axle-Back Exhaust, BBK 90mm Throttle Body, Billet Aluminum Hubcentric Spacers - 1 in Front, Billet Aluminum Hubcentric Spacers - 1.5 in. Rear, Ford Performance Track Handling Pack, Ford Strut Tower Brace - Silver, Steeda IRS Subframe Braces APR Carbon Fiber Splitter
Runtelthat1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 11:46 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Vinyl + Air !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorhart3 View Post
I am also looking for ideas on graphics to run on the sides of the car. I feel like they are a little bland right now compared to the rest of the car. However I am looking for something somewhat subtle because I dont want to overdo it. So if you see anything or have any ideas post them please.

Saleen Style strips on the side is what I would do!.. other wise don't touch it!.. personally I like what you've done so far, though I'm not a fan of Air Rides!..

Sent from the One and Only ME!..🍻
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 01:33 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I think Saleen stripes might make the design a bit top and even more front heavy even though i really like how they look. Thanks for the idea, maybe i can come up with a way to modify them a bit. The air ride is a lot better than i expected it to be honestly, its preforming and holding up very well.
Old 11-18-2016, 05:17 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

2005 - 2013 Ford Mustang - Flaming Horse
http://www.decalglobal.com/images/Tr...ng-Decal-6.jpg

Little much?
'12GT Premium, Roush TVS & BAP, VMP Elbow, 82mm, JLT CAI & Catch Can, Eiback Sports, Steeda Cambers & Adj UCA, Adj panhard & Brace, LCAs+Relos, Diff Bushing, Ford Diff Cover, Axle Catch Can, 3.73, Shaftmasters DS, MGW, BG Syncro II, Blowfish Shifter Support Bracket, Trans Mount Insert, MBRP 3" H pipe, Borla 3" Touring Pipes/Axlebacks, High Flow GT Grill Insert, Steeda Spyder Wheels (20X9.5/11), 275 fronts, 315 rears, Lakewood drag shocks, Cervini Hood, big smile
Old 11-18-2016, 06:09 PM   #23

Vinyl + Air !!!!

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1479517649.828907.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	208241

This is what I choose for my sides and hood, didn't want a stipe like everyone else but didn't want to over do it.

JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, Ford Performance Cut and Clamp Resonator Delete X-Pipe, Roush Axle-Back Exhaust, BBK 90mm Throttle Body, Billet Aluminum Hubcentric Spacers - 1 in Front, Billet Aluminum Hubcentric Spacers - 1.5 in. Rear, Ford Performance Track Handling Pack, Ford Strut Tower Brace - Silver, Steeda IRS Subframe Braces APR Carbon Fiber Splitter
Old 11-18-2016, 06:38 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Nice stang runt definitely different I've never seen that

Rob5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 08:06 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Please Don't Do Flaming Horses!.. Or any kind of Horse decal like that!.. Looks like some BS Fast N Furious Ricer crap!..

Sent from the One and Only ME!..🍻
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 08:13 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I agree with no horse lol

Stanglife
Rob5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 08:35 PM   #27

Thanks Rob5ho

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Old 11-18-2016, 08:37 PM   #28

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1479526622.216964.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	208289

Thoughts!

Old 11-19-2016, 03:28 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

I wouldn't do the flaming horse either.

That stripe(?) looks like a tire track or paint roller job in my opinion.
Old 11-19-2016, 11:52 AM   #30

Vinyl + Air !!!!

We just have different taste, I don't care for the Saleen design because it's so common.

Old 11-20-2016, 04:18 PM   #31

Region: North Carolina
She is just.... super beautiful

Heyzeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 04:26 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Doing nothing is ok too. Don't do something for the sake of doing something if you don't really like it! What about a solid block/stripe to fill in the depression on the side with a taper over the rear wheel? Like a parallelogram that contours to the rear wheel as much as you'd like. Keep it angular or sweep it over the wheel.
Old 11-20-2016, 04:45 PM   #33
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Trevorhart3, I think your car looks fantastic the way it is and even subtle graphics on the side would be a bit much. Here is an idea, how about getting Mitch Kim to do some subtle pinstriping on the side of the Mustang....what kind of design?...have him design something you'd like or you come up with your own ideas. I'm not saying this would work on the Mustang although I think Mitch could come up with a design you'd love...IMHO
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Mitchkim.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	208537  
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 05:30 PM   #34

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1479688127.082770.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	208545

Just an idea

Old 11-20-2016, 07:27 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks guys. Yeah I just think the sides can be a bit bland when looking at the car from that direct angle. I'm also thinking about how to make the business logo stand out more, right now it's just subtle 3D in the stripes. Thinking maybe putting it where the false gas caps use to go on the deck lid. I like the stripes on the blue one, good idea to play with.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT