Mustang Evolution Forum banner

2015 Base GT or 2014 GT Premium?

3K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  walexelect 
#1 ·
Trying to decide. Cost and mileage is very similar.

2015 is a base manual and the 2014 is Premium w/ Nav.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#2 ·
I don't like cloth in a Mustang, but the '15 IMO is all around better and to be honest I don't even use the Nav in mine..phone is easier.

Now if the '14 had a glass roof and TP or Brembos or Recaro's I'd get that.

Sorry not much help you really can't go wrong.

#4 ·
I would have picked up a newer gt if I hadn't found my 14gt with the panaramic roof. I told my wife the only way I was upgrading was going to be if I found a 13 or 14 with glass roof or I would wait a few years and pick up a newer gen since I was coming from a 14 v6 that I loved. I test drove the 15gt and don't feel like I'm missing anything as the ride felt the same to me. Of course I wasn't carving any corners or anything like that so that's not really a great example. There's also the fact that even though I like the way the newer gen looks I'm still in love with the 11-14 body style.

#7 ·
performance wise, 15 GT for sure. IIRC, s550 GT with performance pack can beat S197 boss302 on track. What's more can we expect?

I don't need NAV built in the car, a smartphone is better way to go.
As for cloth seat, you can always get leather cover for them, either OEM or aftermarket.

#8 ·
Id go the 15 route and upgrade the seats. The interior is a step up and I really noticed a change in the driving experience compared to my 11 GT. If you get the 15 be ready to change the tires or do a couple suspension mods to get rid of the wheel hop. Really bugged me when I first got the car but went to 315 in the rear and some steeda parts and it's gone.

If you are building a drag set up I'd get the 14 for the solid rear axle but the IRS set up right is better for daily and road course in my opinion.

#10 ·
get the 15 base and spend on mods. I had the bit of a quandary myself and so glad I got the 15. of course I also went with the bells and whistles as well with the 50th anniversary package as got a good deal.

#12 ·
I had a base GT/TrakPak w/Recaros and it was a great car after I spent money on suspension/exhaust.
Early on when I thought about getting a new 15 I went out and drove a couple GT's, one that was an exact copy of my Race Red 14 and a Black GT Premium.
Even with all of the suspension work on my 14 the 15 GTPP car felt more planted when carving corners and just an all around better handling car for my tastes.
If I hadn't have bought an ATS-V I would have probably gotten the 15GT PP...for what it's worth.

#13 ·
I had a base GT/TrakPak w/Recaros and it was a great car after I spent money on suspension/exhaust.

Early on when I thought about getting a new 15 I went out and drove a couple GT's, one that was an exact copy of my Race Red 14 and a Black GT Premium.

Even with all of the suspension work on my 14 the 15 GTPP car felt more planted when carving corners and just an all around better handling car for my tastes.

If I hadn't have bought an ATS-V I would have probably gotten the 15GT PP...for what it's worth.

How do you like the ATS-V?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.