Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Running footage of the 2018 mid model run update

4K views 50 replies 17 participants last post by  scottydsntknow 
#1 ·
#40 ·
I cringe at the lower front fascia and optional spoiler resemblance to the Camaro. It's almost as if the designers said ooh I like that and copied.

A lot else to love with engine, transmission and optional magnaride. Also saw on Ford site leather wrapped center console. That and hopefully improved feeling steering wheel will do a nice job upping the feel of quality in the car. Then just throw out that crappy shifter ball...

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

#41 ·
Still think this is going to be "bye bye" affordable Coyote... I guess the good news is there are still a TON of garage queen 11-14s out there with like no miles and the prices on them are tanking. Same with the first gen GT500s.

#43 ·
OK......I have to admit that the first pics of the 2018 coupe in YELLOW made me cringe. Either the color or the angle of the pics was just "off."
The new pics of the convertible however in the dark gray with the pic being taken from low and in front have me salivating...just plain GORGEOUS! You can plainly see in the pic how much lower the front end slopes down, and the headlights look just mean and lean.....Frankly, the new 'vert has me thinking.....what WILL the HP be, and how much better will the new magnetorheologic shocks ride, how nice will that dash look in all its glorious configurations....how much will my payments be?

2018 Ford Mustang Convertible Photos and Info – News – Car and Driver

#44 ·
Honestly, I'm saving my $$$ for the 2020 overhaul. Plus wife's student loans lol... I still have my New Edge in pieces in the garage that I need to get together and the New Edge may be the best looking Stang that Ford ever created IMO. Too bad the interior is straight out of a Fischer Price catalog...

#46 ·
Yeah, I'll probably wait too....but I really hope that Ford does not screw up the design on the 2020.
In all reality, I will very likely keep our 2015, as it will still be low miles, and is everything I could want in a car....even the Guard green that they no longer make makes me want to keep this car, as I love that color and the metal flake in it. I've not seen any other color on the new ones I would rather have -- but the teases for the 2018 mention "new" available colors. I wonder what they are going to be? PLEASE Ford, don't bring back Guard!!:lol:

#47 ·
Ford needs to bring back Lava Red.

#50 ·
By comparison, the interior looked more modern than what was in the 1993 and earlier foxbody Mustangs. You had to buy really expensive American cars to get higher quality interior pieces. I think "interior quality" is overrated in the grand scheme of things. I think it's more important that the interior doesn't rattle and squeak, and my newedge does very little of that and it's got over 60k miles. Maybe that's low miles, but it is over 13 years old and doesn't get stored in a climate controlled environment. The materials handled the sun better than pre 1993 as well.

My biggest complaint about the modern Mustang is the price. Comparing a 1992 GT with all the options at ~$18,300 (sticker on my 92 back in the day) is roughly $32,300 in today's money. That's more than $10,000 lower than a Mustang GT with all the options today. This puts me way out of the running to buy a brand new one...ever. It's not anywhere near the "affordable" performance car that it once was.

#51 ·
The first Coyotes you could get base base model for like $27k out the door... but even then fully loaded was like $40k.

Going to be interesting to see what this updated S550 base model goes for.

As for the interior. Yes its fisher price... but yes it does hold up to the elements pretty well and if there is a squeak or rattle its very easy to take apart and then re-assemble with everything secured. And as much as I make fun of the 94-04 interior it is light years ahead of the foxes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.