Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Shelby Super Snake Clone Project

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  medwards 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm back.

It's been over a year since I bought the Super Snake. It's hard to believe it's been 10 months since I decided to build the Super Snake clone.

So...I've been busy. I built the garage, had the lifts installed, put the Super Snake on her throne (as the "garage queen" surveying her domain), and just started on the clone today.

First orders of business are:
  1. Aluminum one-piece drive shaft
  2. Front drive shaft loop
  3. Borla/Ford Racing/Shelby exhaust

I'm going to use this thread to document all the steps and will include pictures of parts and parts numbers, etc as I go along.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
what I wouldn't give for a shop like that. that's awesome!!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

I'm building a shelf where the plywood and sheetrock meet all along the inside. Then I'm putting in 65 feet of benches (the top of the bench will be a 24" wide parralam beam set on it's side [2" thick] which will be unbelievably strong and durable). I'll have cabinet storage under the entire bench. All hand tools will be hung between the benchtop and the shelf so every tool will have it's place and be visible. I'm painting everything in black/white (some "finish line flag" like patterns) and blue (to honor Mhissstress) with a big ole' flag of old glory on the end wall. Lastly I'm coating the floor. I can't wait until that's all done. This will be a garage fitting of two 800hp Mustangs!

My wife hasn't seen me in about a year and she still has a little while to go before she gets to spend time with me...hahaha.

#11 ·
Whats involved with creating a Super Snake Clone

I am sooooooooooooooooooooo jealous. First, if your wife is like mine as long as the honey do list is getting worked off and the toilet seat is not made a mess I doubt I am missed. Just a general question - at a high level what mods will be required to make your current ride into a Super Snake clone?

#12 ·
I am sooooooooooooooooooooo jealous. First, if your wife is like mine as long as the honey do list is getting worked off and the toilet seat is not made a mess I doubt I am missed. Just a general question - at a high level what mods will be required to make your current ride into a Super Snake clone?

I'm linking this thread back to the original discussion about the SS Clone. There is a list in that thread that shows all the mods, sources for purchasing, and price.

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f393/t375854/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.