Mustang Evolution Forum banner

New stuff for the GT

3K views 30 replies 17 participants last post by  lowdug37 
#1 ·
First of all, when exactly did this forum die? This place is not nearly as active as 1-2 years ago. And where is the AM rep?!

Anyways....i have been out of the modding world since my layoff last summer. After almost a year I have just about recovered and decided to splurge a little.

I currently have a 2016 Mustang GT with the Performance Package and backup sensors. Also, it has the Heartthrob H-pipe, Borla S-Types, JLT oil catch can, and the Blowfish Shifter Bracket.

Wasn't able to do a ton before the layoff sadly. But i did just purchase the Bama X4 tuner, JLT intake, lowering springs (1"), rear vertical links, and some bushing stuffs.

Hoping it helps the handling and responsiveness a bit. The car seems dead until after 3000 RPM.

Just figured I'd share my joy with the community and say hello to the newer people here. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

See less See more
#2 ·
Glad to hear things are turning around for you. I bought a 2015 GT with PP and all the options in December. I've done some simple mods so far...Mishimoto H-pipe, Steeda clutch assist spring, MMD spoiler, etc. I have 4 or 5 other small things laying around waiting for a nice weekend (and my busy teenage son to be available to help). Looking forward to my first summer of driving it. I have a long list of mods, just waiting to justify spending the cash and trying not to void the warranty.

#3 ·
Appreciate it! I forgot I have the Steeda clutch spring also. It's one of those things you install and eventually forget. lol

Was thinking about grabbing the Steeda IRS Subframe braces but not quite sure yet.

I did get the Steeda IRS Subframe Alignment kit which seems to be some rubber bushing things.

I have about 16,000 miles on the stang right now with all of the city to city commuting I do.

#4 ·
I see you are from Texas. I was just there last week (South Padre Island). Wish I could have driven my Mustang down but the whole family came. I saw a ton of cool Stangs everywhere.

I plan on getting the oil separator at some point as well as some better bushings...maybe even a new shifter. Would love a tune but you know...the warranty thing. I agree that these cars don't really come to life until after 3k RPMs when stock tuned.

#8 ·
did that Steeda clutch spring help? I did a test drive about 2 months ago and I could have sworn the clutch was broken. It felt like literally nothing was there - from what I've heard since they are all like that - even the GT350's.

#10 ·
Its not dead at all compared to some places. Also, FB isn't so much about instant gratification for car stuff as you can have all your stuff in one place and EVERYONE has FB. Not everyone has the Corral or here or SVTP or whatever.

With some exceptions of course.

#11 ·
I believe the Steeda spring made the clutch pedal feel more consistent throughout pushing it and releasing.

With the stock spring, it felt inconsistent around the middle of the press.

#14 ·
I could immediately tell the difference with the Steeda clutch spring. I also bought the Steeda spring perch kit. The first night I loved the clutch feel, but it started squeaking so I took it off and greased it the next day. Since then it's been quiet but doesn't feel as nice. I wonder if the perch piece isn't seated properly. I plan to look at that next time I have decent weather to crawl under my dash.

#16 ·
Welcome back and glad to hear you're able to start doing things to your car again.

I'm trying to do all I can to add to the site ;-)

I also have FB but use so much of the *good* information on the internet that I always feel obligated to find sites like ME to give back to the knowledge base whenever I can on any topic I have knowledge about.

#19 ·
What's up kev, iv been out too for a while now, but while I'm waiting to get my steeda tri ax installed figured I'll chime in..

2016 GT PREMIUM "RACE RED" >>>>>>>"raging bull" <<<<<<<<
Instagram: pinoy_stang5.0
YouTube: pinoy_stang

Attachments

#20 ·
What all performance stuff do you have currently besides the catback? I'll admit, hardware for the GT is definitely more pricey then the V6. :)

#25 ·
Well,

I added a couple more items to the GT. I also got some stuff for the suspension that I will be installing next weekend.

Question, has anyone did a 1" drop on the performance pack shocks and struts? If so, how did it feel and hold up?

The suspension stuff i got was lowering spings, irs alignment bushings, and rear vertical links.

Vehicle Engine Car Auto part Automotive super charger part

Games Technology Electronic device Gadget Vehicle

Footwear Shoe Waders

#28 ·
Well, GT is lowered 1" all around. Still has the Performance Pack shocks and struts. Doesn't feel bad at all. Will need to get an alignment in a few more days.

The vertical link install was a pita. Got the IRS alignment kit in also. Lastly, we installed the whiteline transmission mount bushing.

Between the trans bushing and the blowfish bracket, the car shifts amazing now.

With the new suspension additions, the car really feels planted. Took a few corners and i did not feel the other end feel too floaty. Bumps aren't too bad. About the same as when I lowered my 2014 V6 with the eibach shocks, struts, and springs.

Brake dive was reduced by about 40-50%. The squat during take off was reduced by about the same.

Me and a friend did the install of everything in about 10 hours. We didn't have all the right tools so we did do a few things the hard way. But it came out perfect. No clunking or popping.

If i were to do this again I would make sure I had a 21 mm deep socket w/ 1/2" extension. Lol

Tire Automotive tire Bumper Vehicle Automotive exterior

Coil spring Bumper Auto part Metal Automotive exterior

Auto part Suspension Suspension part Engine Automotive engine part

Auto part Suspension part Connecting rod Suspension

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Rim

#29 ·
Well, I am at it again....

The stock clutch after a few bolt-ons leaves a lot to be desired. So I purchased the Exedy stage 2 clutch kit from LMR.

I also picked up new Royal Purple transmission fluid, new Nitto NT555 G2 tires, and Steeda IRS Subframe Braces.

I'm hoping all of this turns plus everything I have done prior, makes my car handle and respond better.

Will probably have everything installed within the next couple of weeks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.