Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Urgent Help !!!

1K views 22 replies 5 participants last post by  yahya.zain.98 
#1 ·
Hello everyone , my Friend 15" GT is having a strange Problem
When he turns the car each time he will drive for a while then (All the warning lights in the dashboards cluster will On ??) then the steering will be rough and can't drive it anymore

Plz if anyone had this before or having any idea let me know ?
Poor garages and Electrician in my Country for Muscles cars

Yahya

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

#7 ·
We r buying exporting vehicles from Dubai if u know it , then the sellers will not give any guarantees on exported cars , the car was working fine tell last month he don't know what exactly happend , he took it the best mechanics in our country with no chances

The car will work for a while then all warnings light will shows on then the steering wheel will be very rough to turn on right and left so he have to stop and let it cool for sometime

Sorry for my English i hope that my point is clear

#10 ·
I would check your battery cabled make sure they are tight.

#14 ·
Well it sounds like a loss of voltage which could be loose connections or failing alt. I would look at loose cables first between the batt, fuse box and alternator, etc. Then have the alt tested. If its intermittent loss of voltage you could be running on Battery power then the alternator kicks back in and runs normally.

#18 · (Edited)
You need to get your hands on a US OBD code Scanner (https://www.amazon.com/Code-Readers-Scan-Tools/b?ie=UTF8&node=15707381) and it gets plugged in to the OBD port under the dash to the left side of the steering wheel (where you left leg goes...this video while show the port https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a98GoHbinE )

You need to get a very good OBD scanner since you are dealing with a new car. You probably need one of the ones that costs about $1,000+. Hopefully a mechanic somewhere near you has a professional grade scanner (they work on all cars if the auto mechanic has a professional grade one and the proper subscriptions).

You say the car is not showing any codes...that is impossible with that kind of activity. There has to be a code of some type.

The 2015 GT's have a crazy steering system (crazy...good...crazy). If you look under the front of the car under the engine you will see a tray that needs to be removed. Remove that large plastic tray. Then you will see the steering rack. It has a lot of wires coming out of it. This electronic steering rack is what allows you to select all the different steering options from the onboard computer. If things go wrong with the voltage, then you will have steering issues as it is electronically assisted. If your onboard computer (ECM PCM ECU) is damaged...all sorts of crazy **** is going to befall you. If it's a bad PCM I would think it would be throwing dozens of codes. They seem to throw lots of codes when they die.

My guess is that you either have a failing electronic steering rack (unlikely), or something has gone awry with the wiring associated with it or more broadly the car (more likely). This link tells you some more about it http://www.cjponyparts.com/2015-mustang-rack-pinions/c/80150150/ .

Long story short.....you are going to need an OBD scanner to see which codes are coming up to begin to determine just what has gone wrong. Somebody ****ed with something on that car and it's causing all these problems. Your "buddy" is lying to you if he tells you he did nothing and then all this happened. It never happens that way. Someone did something and created a mess.

Basically...you've got a wiring problem. Without an OBD scanner and a lot of patience, you're going to be in for a frustrating time.

You need to get your buddy to fess up to what he did to make the electronics crap out on the car.

I guess if it were me...first thing I'd do is change the battery if no one claims blame for screwing with things. Then I'd go from there. If it is messing up after heating up...then works after cooling down...you've likely got something going on in the engine compartment. Good luck with that. There's a lot of things to check in that area of the car. Can you say "multimeter"?

#19 · (Edited)
You need to get your hands on a US OBD code Scanner (https://www.amazon.com/Code-Readers-Scan-Tools/b?ie=UTF8&node=15707381) and it gets plugged in to the OBD port under the dash to the left side of the steering wheel (where you left leg goes...this video while show the port https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a98GoHbinE )

You need to get a very good OBD scanner since you are dealing with a new car. You probably need one of the ones that costs about $1,000. Hopefully a mechanic somewhere near you had a professional grade scanner (they work on all cars if the auto mechanic has a professional grade one).

The 2015 GT's have a crazy steering system (crazy...good...crazy). If you look under the front of the car under the engine you will see a tray that needs to be removed. Remove that large plastic tray. Then you will see the steering rack. It has a lot of wires coming out of it. This electronic steering rack is what allows you to select all the different steering options from the onboard computer. My guess is that you either have a failing electronic steering rack (unlikely), or something has gone awry with the wiring associated with it (more likely). This link tells you some more about it http://www.cjponyparts.com/2015-mustang-rack-pinions/c/80150150/ .

Long story short.....you are going to need an OBD scanner to see which codes are coming up to begin to determine just what has gone wrong.
Thanks medware i appreciate ur help , i used the best scanner we have it costs more than 2000 bucks and we r getting no codes unfortunately

We spoked yesterday to the best Garage for muscles cars in UAE Dubai 250 km from my place and they says we know how to fix ur problem in 3 minutes ? they had this issue before

So i told my friend to take it there if possible and we will see but they will not tell us what's causing the problem it's a policies on most Carages here

Anyway hope the issue will go and get fixed soon and i will let u know guys

Thanks and sorry for my English

#20 ·
If you do find out what caused it, we'd love to hear what it is (wouldn't surprise me if it's either the battery or a bad ground on one of the control modules).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.