Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Stereo upgrade

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  c_rizzle 
#1 ·
Hey gents,

My 5.0 game with the performance option package only. So I have the unimpressive sound system, with the smaller LCD that you get with the navigation and premium package.

My issue, the sound is very weak. Not a huge deal because I enjoy the borla symphony playing out the rear of the vehicle, but at times wish I had a more crisp, powerful system for music. I love the sync, handsfree calling, and back up camera so am not thrilled at the thought of an aftermarket deck. Has anyone had any luck, if it's possible of adding an amp and sub, maybe replacing the speakers for better sound?

There must be something I can do. When I turn the volume up the dogs come out of the hills. The wife's Kia puts this systems sound to shame.

As always, thanks for the insight. Much appreciated :)

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#2 ·
I feel your pain man. I have the same issue, although I have the larger LCD screen and 12 speaker system with subwoofer in the trunk. When driving with the windows down at a decent speed I can barely hear the music, even when cranked.

I checked in at a local audio specialty store recently that does impressive custom systems for cars. As soon as I said I had a 2015 Mustang they gave me the look of "there isn't much we can do other than replace the entire system."

Because the touch screen includes navigation, climate and entertainment, and because of how the amps are integrated tightly with the speakers, it was going to be a big deal. Basically a new deck would require a new dash panel ($700+ just for that), and I would lose touch screen climate control (no big deal for me). The new deck was going to be $500+ depending on what I wanted. Then speakers and power amps. In the end I figured I would need $2000-$3000 to get a decent replacement system, plus installation cost.

Maybe in a few years some other options will be available, but for now it's really limited.

If you learn of any options let me know! By the way, what part of Canada are you in?

#3 ·
Thanks man, that is what I feared. With most vehicles now coming with such expensive and crucial controls in the factory deck/information system you'd think they would be trying to come up with some way to splice into the existing unit because I'm sure many are hesitant to part with the options they paid for.

I'm in the west..... Okanagan Valley in BC. How about you?

#4 ·
Yeah, you would think Ford would understand that part of the appeal to a Mustang is making it your own, and having an audio system that was more modular would be part of that. Oh well.

I'm in Illinois in the middle of the state. I have a professional musician friend in Toronto I visit occasionally. Sounds like you are pretty far away from there lol.

#5 ·
I agree totally..... Or that the aftermarket companies like Alpine, Kenwood and Pioneer would figure out some way to tap into that market. I'm sure most feel the same as we do.

Toronto is above Michigan, I'm above Washington State. ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.