Mustang Evolution Forum banner

No mods — what tune would be best?

6K views 30 replies 15 participants last post by  Revvv 
#1 ·
I know that a Cold Air Intake along with a tune can provide gains —- but with the rest of the engine being completely stock, which tuner would be the best to use?

#2 ·
Lund/AED/VMP. Cold air does nothing except looks and noise, the gains are all in the tune.

#4 ·
Depends on the company and what they are advertising. Call one of the well known Coyote tuners (not bama) and see what you want to do.

#13 ·
I bought a araid jr mit instead of a full cai looks much better the the stock intake tube and cheaper than a cai.Also i just got tunes from vmp what they do is they send you one tune and you have to datalog it so they make sure the tune is right and safe before they send the other ones.. .Very happy with them .

#15 ·
Tbth... Guard you are overthinking this. I know because I'm the king of overthinking ****.

Call Lund, get a nGauge and get them to set you up. Done, stick a fork in it.

Then concentrate on suspension, wheels/tires and a nice steak dinner.

#27 ·
For a completely stock motor, consider the Ford Racing Performance Pro-Cal tunes. They are designed for your specific VIN and are California emissions legal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#30 ·
Why? It's coming eventually. Electric performance cars are crazy bat**** fast and instant torque. Laws like that have passed in Europe already and cities are banning any vehicles except public transit and delivery vehicles at certain times. Makes sense to be tbth... Not saying cars should go away or anything but the next 10-25 years will be massive change to the point many ppl will just summon automated taxis vs having their own car.

Sent from my Z978 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.