How much Horsepower will i gain with these MODS? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-10-2018, 12:58 PM   #1

Region: California
How much Horsepower will i gain with these MODS?

Hi Guys,

I just recently bought some new mods and im waiting for them to arrive to slap them on the car. I have a 2017 Mustang GT with Corsa Xtreme catback exhaust 3' at the moment and Im wondering how much Horsepower i'll gain from recently bought Mods which are Steeda CAI, American racing long tube headers 1-3/4 catless and my Corsa Xtreme catback exhaust 3'. By the way AEDHP will be doing the tuning. Im thinking maybe 450hp maybe more what do you guys think?
alexsanchez707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2018, 02:20 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsanchez707 View Post
Hi Guys,

I just recently bought some new mods and im waiting for them to arrive to slap them on the car. I have a 2017 Mustang GT with Corsa Xtreme catback exhaust 3' at the moment and Im wondering how much Horsepower i'll gain from recently bought Mods which are Steeda CAI, American racing long tube headers 1-3/4 catless and my Corsa Xtreme catback exhaust 3'. By the way AEDHP will be doing the tuning. Im thinking maybe 450hp maybe more what do you guys think?
32.649 HP increase

Old 02-10-2018, 02:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Who doesn't like to take a wild guess at before/after numbers?

Okay...California....I'll assume pretty close to sea level. Here's my shot:

Current

Stock..............367 rwhp
Corsa Muffs........ 2
Mid pipe, tubing... 9
Total............... 378 rwhp @ 6500 rpm+/-

Modded

Start............... 378
CAI................. 3
AED tune........... 24
Total................ 405 rwhp @ 6800 rpm

If redline increased max power 417 at the wheels @ 7300

Torque current max 357 ft.lbs.
Modded 368 ft.lbs.
That would be well over 450 HP at the crank. Good luck with the changes. Hope you make a beast!

All the best.
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2018, 04:00 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Catless longtubes in California? Not very smart. But choosing Shaun to do your tune is a good decision.

Why are you looking to void your factory powertrain warranty so fast?

This should have been posted in the 2015+ section.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 04:03 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by UUUd444 View Post
Current

Stock..............367 rwhp
Corsa Muffs........ 2
Mid pipe, tubing... 9
Total............... 378 rwhp @ 6500 rpm+/-

Modded

Start............... 378
CAI................. 3
AED tune........... 24
Total................ 405 rwhp @ 6800 rpm
There is no power to be made with the mufflers and change in the mid pipe.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 07:56 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
The tune is the key, the headers help. The Gen 2 Coyote has 435 hp at the crank stock. I did resonator delete and Airaid "tube". Your catback should do about the same. See mustang6g post about headers for HP increases dialed in on a Dyno.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:18 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by crjackson2134 View Post
32.649 HP increase

I was going to say at least +33.2297 with that 3’ exhaust. Just think of all the backpressure he is eliminating.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:27 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeaton View Post
with that 3’ exhaust. Just think of all the backpressure he is eliminating.
That’s some serious pipes.... outta my league...
Old 02-11-2018, 12:58 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Catless longtubes in California? Not very smart. But choosing Shaun to do your tune is a good decision.

Why are you looking to void your factory powertrain warranty so fast?

This should have been posted in the 2015+ section.
LOL.....three 'disses' in one little post. Probably not a record but has to be close. Whatever happened to 'If you can't say anything nice, don't.......' well, you know the rest.

How would you feel if you found out he was making a dedicated track car only and you called him a dope for deleting cats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
There is no power to be made with the mufflers and change in the mid pipe.
Well, there are sure a lot of misguided people out there with their heads up their bums, aren't there? For what it's worth, I've certainly seen all the 'tests', both for and against. The question was to guess before and after HP numbers. And, as we will never really know the breakdown of changes with individual parts my putting in a figure for each was just a bit of fun.

I'm sorry but also kind of surprised that it offended you so much. Can I revise my guess to "The changes will add 27 HP with that fine AED tune and the rest of that stuff that will surely eliminate tons of back pressure?" (Note: back pressure comment ripped off from jkeaton. Credit where credit due.)

Agree with crjackson. Some serious pipes!

All the best. And again, sorry if I offended.
Old 02-11-2018, 01:03 PM   #10
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: Europe
Grabber wasn't offended I can guarantee you, he was just stating facts. Longtubes in Cali=auto fail unless you have a "guy" and even then if a Cop is having a bad day and pops your hood or peeks under your car you are SOL. Catless is illegal in the USA period unless the car never came with cats from the factory. Had something like that happen to a good friend of mine and he wasn't even in a state that tests for emissions... CAI isn't going to gain you any power either. All those things will only modify your wallet.

Moving to 2015+ section.

You are correct there are a LOT of ppl with their heads up their bums. Grabber isn't one tho...
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 04:51 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Grabber wasn't offended I can guarantee you.

That's cool, man. Thanks.

You are correct there are a LOT of ppl with their heads up their bums.

Yeah. I just wish it wasn't me that's in that dark place so often. Anyone have a light? I gotta find my way out of here.
Have a great rest of the weekend, all.
Old 02-11-2018, 06:00 PM   #12

Region: California
I bought the car with the intention of making the car a track beast in other words warranty doesn't matter. However, thx for all the suggestions and comments guys. I really cant wait to see the car moving I have big plans for it.
alexsanchez707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 02:48 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsanchez707 View Post
I bought the car with the intention of making the car a track beast in other words warranty doesn't matter. However, thx for all the suggestions and comments guys. I really cant wait to see the car moving I have big plans for it.
Here are a few thoughts (I'm not going to address the HP gains...you will find out the results from the tuner when he runs it on the dyno and he will be able to give you different torque/HP options based upon what you are looking to do with the car and its limitations).

From my humble experience, you want to determine your car's best gear ratio/torque configuration for the most likely track you will be running. Ideally you will work with your tuner to identify the torque/HP curve you are desiring. For instance, on the tracks I run on I am often in 3rd gear. I found that 3.73 gears were perfect for the tracks. I have a boosted car (the Super Snake) and used a specific tune from Shelby that they set to give a lot of torque on the low to mid range so using 3rd gear works very well (too much to get into...your tuner knows the concept and will educate you). Shelby set this car up very very well for road track racing.

Now, with that said the SS is not a 1/4 mile drag car. Gearing is too low (hits the rev limiter in 4th before going through the trap) and doesn't make enough torque in the higher RPM range. So, I'm building a car that *I hope* will do well both on the 1/4 mile and on the track and has 3.55 gears. For road track racing, I'm less concerned about HP and more concerned about where the torque curve is. You will be more concerned about torque as well if you are road racing. I have a manual transmission so I don't want to be shifting a lot. Low and mid range torque will be key for the track. Now....for the 1/4 mile I'm concerned about HP pull in the higher RPM range. In order to address that I am adding nitrous simply to get more HP in a targeted higher gear and higher RPM range. Nitrous is only for the 1/4 mile, never the track.

For the track, too much HP can be a problem (with your adds you aren't ever going to have the issue). Me...I'm going to be about 900HP at the wheels at some point and am concerned that may be too much at the track (low end torque is going to be enormous and I might be creating a long of tire spin so I'm likely going to always have to worry how heavy my right foot is coming out of corners). But, on the 1/4 mile you simply can't have too much HP especially in the higher gears. I'm hoping for a 9 second car so my HP with nitrous in 4th/5th gear at 5500RPM+ will need to be well over 1000.

So...long story short....make the car breath well (which your headers and exhaust and CAI will do), and get the most amount of torque that you can in the speed/gear/rpm range that you most expect to be in during racing. HP does to a degree equal torque...but for you it's going to be all about torque, not HP.
"All the options baby!"
medwards is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT