US members rejoice! Ford confirms ecoboost 4 but for Europe only - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-20-2013, 10:34 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
We have come so far lol.
02mineralgreygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2013, 09:04 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02mineralgreygt View Post
We have come so far lol.
Seriously, and I thought my 89 Mitsu Cordia with 100 hp was anemic
Ricky35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UOP Shadow View Post
Just because it's a Mustang doesn't mean it has to be fast.
Gasp
Just gasp
Mustangs have to be fast
It a must!!!!
If ford is going to have a 4 cyl option it WILL be fast!!!
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2013, 07:33 PM   #74

Region: Virginia
The Government has tightened future fuel economy standards, so offering higher mpg engine options for the Mustang just makes sense. Who'd have though the biggest selling engine in the new F150 would be a V-6? Frankly, with the torque I've seen on other eco-boost engines, this would make a sweet daily driver.
JCH841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:04 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
R&T: 2015 Ford Mustang Will get 2.3-liter EcoBoost in U.S., and not as base engine - 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (6th Generation Platform) - Mustang6G.com

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:07 AM   #76

Also, for me, while going fast is fun, I really like handling and corners. Many times you read about people stripping a car to save a couple of hundred pounds. I don't have accurate weights, but the 4 is a quick way to lose weight over the V6 or V8, right in the front and Mustangs are front end heavy. As previously stated, the fat torque curve combined with mid 30's mpgs and a little suspension tuning would make this a fine daily driver.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:19 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCH841 View Post
Also, for me, while going fast is fun, I really like handling and corners. Many times you read about people stripping a car to save a couple of hundred pounds. I don't have accurate weights, but the 4 is a quick way to lose weight over the V6 or V8, right in the front and Mustangs are front end heavy. As previously stated, the fat torque curve combined with mid 30's mpgs and a little suspension tuning would make this a fine daily driver.
But it's a muscle car, muscle cars have v8s. Big big v8s.
If I see an environmental campaign thing near me, I might flip on them ;p
Old 03-31-2013, 04:46 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I'd like to see the EcoBoost 4 as a special edition. Give it a load of handling upgrades and maybe drop the weight even more. Make it into a very well balanced cornering monster. Keep the price under the GT and it'd probably be a pretty good buy.
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:35 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I don't get why it matters if the make a four cylinder as an option or not. I think they should offer a four, six, eight, ten and twelve cylinder mustang.
DerekJohnScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:31 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekJohnScott View Post
I don't get why it matters if the make a four cylinder as an option or not. I think they should offer a four, six, eight, ten and twelve cylinder mustang.
While I love the idea, we'd have to be realistic. In today's "Eco friendly" mentality, our cars are frowned upon. Slowly, people are getting the idea that fast cars are terrible, and that electric is the way to go.

That's also why I doubt the ford GT would come back...
Old 03-31-2013, 08:37 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
i think they'll stay around, but eventually i believe the government will add or raise taxes on them to make them so expensive to have that there will hardly be any around.

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:40 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

I don't think that electric cars are the future by any means. Solely because the electricity has to come from some where, which right now are mainly coal, or neuclear, neither of which are good for the environment. There will have to be an alternative fuel that is green, plentiful, cheap and doesn't harm anything. For me personally it looks like hydrogen is the answer, I know if has its problems, but so did the first gas cars. I'm not trying to start a war about this either, it is just my opinion.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:26 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

While I love the idea, we'd have to be realistic. In today's "Eco friendly" mentality, our cars are frowned upon. Slowly, people are getting the idea that fast cars are terrible, and that electric is the way to go.

Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:33 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Gasp
Just gasp
Mustangs have to be fast
It a must!!!!
If ford is going to have a 4 cyl option it WILL be fast!!!
Love this!
Fordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:38 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post
Did it say 20-30 minutes to recharge after 1/4 mile? That alone will make it fail.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekJohnScott View Post

Did it say 20-30 minutes to recharge after 1/4 mile? That alone will make it fail.
Rofl
Old 04-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

I agree electric cars are not the answer, Tesla S car is the most powerful electric car with over 400 HP it can outrun BMW M5, it can make burnouts but to make those batteries it's not any better making the world better.
I only know Tesla car because Nikola Tesla is my hero and happen to find out a car named Tesla as well. If anyone do things right in the first place it would been Nikola Tesla, but sadly all his ideas was not finished due to greedy people.
Tesla Model S vs BMW M5 Drag Race
Fordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:33 PM   #88

Quote:
But it's a muscle car, muscle cars have v8s. Big big v8s.
If I see an environmental campaign thing near me, I might flip on them ;p
I don't know about you, but I am older than some, I was there when muscle cars were born, things like 426 Hemi, SS 454, Boss 429, and in my case 1970 442 W69 (455 CI, non ram air). In fact my handle here is the 442's license plate. I was born in Jefferson County NY and bought the 442 there. My dad took one look at the license and christened it "Jefferson County Hotrod." So, coming up on retirement, I'm thinking good looks, but easy mpg for road trips. Then I think of my annoying ex wife and think 5.0 Coyote, long tube headers, H-pipe and tune and big noisy burn-outs in front of her house at 3 AM. Before you think I'm kidding, I broke up with a girl in college and the 442 left 150 feet of rubber in front of her house. My parents had a 1949 Rocket Olds and then a 1951. The '51 had a retuned auto and wouldn't do second gear chirps, so they took it back. Then they had a series of T-Birds. My Grandmother got clocked at 110 taking me to the hospital after a snowmobile accident. So muscle cars are in my DNA. Bottom line, I've been there, got the oily t-shirts and despite talking a good game, will probably go back again. But I'd like to drive the 4 banger before I put my money down.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:50 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I don't know about you, but I am older than some, I was there when muscle cars were born, things like 426 Hemi, SS 454, Boss 429, and in my case 1970 442 W69 (455 CI, non ram air). In fact my handle here is the 442's license plate. I was born in Jefferson County NY and bought the 442 there. My dad took one look at the license and christened it "Jefferson County Hotrod." So, coming up on retirement, I'm thinking good looks, but easy mpg for road trips. Then I think of my annoying ex wife and think 5.0 Coyote, long tube headers, H-pipe and tune and big noisy burn-outs in front of her house at 3 AM. Before you think I'm kidding, I broke up with a girl in college and the 442 left 150 feet of rubber in front of her house. My parents had a 1949 Rocket Olds and then a 1951. The '51 had a retuned auto and wouldn't do second gear chirps, so they took it back. Then they had a series of T-Birds. My Grandmother got clocked at 110 taking me to the hospital after a snowmobile accident. So muscle cars are in my DNA. Bottom line, I've been there, got the oily t-shirts and despite talking a good game, will probably go back again. But I'd like to drive the 4 banger before I put my money down.
That's awesome story, and it is great that you have that perspective.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:47 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I've been there done that too. And these V6's may not run with those Big V8s but they run with the 383 Mopars, 390 Fords and 396 Chevys. With good gas mileage to boot. I also have to say I pulled into a gas station last night next to a 2010 Stock GT and it didn't sound any better than my stock 2012 V6. So who knows what the next generation 4 banger will do. Also some of those cars didnt handle as well with the Big Block motors either.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:37 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Why does this 4 banger conversation continue? If you had $40k to drop on a mustang, you would NOT buy a v6 or 4 banger, you would get a GT. I know, "if it weren't for the V6 there would not be a GT or GT500". Maybe, but without a GT there would NOT be a mustang period.
If you buy a Mustang for mpg, then you could be persuaded to buy some rice crap just as easily and you're not a muscle car guy.
I'm tired of the justification for a 4 or V6, like we don't really need a V8.. It's great that the V6 puts out what it does, but be honest everyone wants a GT given the funds availability.
Why does everyone keep acting like they want a freaking Prius in a Mustang body? It's ridiculous.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:58 AM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post
Why does this 4 banger conversation continue? If you had $40k to drop on a mustang, you would NOT buy a v6 or 4 banger, you would get a GT. I know, "if it weren't for the V6 there would not be a GT or GT500". Maybe, but without a GT there would NOT be a mustang period.
If you buy a Mustang for mpg, then you could be persuaded to buy some rice crap just as easily and you're not a muscle car guy.
I'm tired of the justification for a 4 or V6, like we don't really need a V8.. It's great that the V6 puts out what it does, but be honest everyone wants a GT given the funds availability.
Why does everyone keep acting like they want a freaking Prius in a Mustang body? It's ridiculous.
Just curious but very interesting comment. Why does everybody want a V8? This may be hard for you too believe but not everybody cares about going 0-60 in 4.3 seconds. Not everybody cares about doing a 1/4 mile in 12.5. Not everybody cares about being able to travel at speeds of 160 mph. Just because one can afford something doesn't mean they are willing to spend the money on it.

Very poor statement to make about how everybody wants the GT if they could afford it. Some people may care about having the GT but don't care enough to drop 40k on a car that looks the same as the car they paid 10k less for V6.

I personally would of liked the power of the V8 but I didn't like it enough to fork out 7500k more for the same exterior looking, same cloth interior, same electronic package as my V6 only to be 100 less horses. Can you afford to pay me 10 dollars for one gallon of fresh milk? Now ask yourself are you willing to pay me that 10 dollars for the milk. Big deference in having the 10 dollars and not willing to spend compared to not having the funds to do it. There is a difference.

I could afford a 100k car if I am willing to sell my house and live with my parents. I'm not going too but I could afford a 100k car. Big difference.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:47 AM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Wow really? That's your whole argument? That's almost like saying most lesbians aren't really gay because they like to be penetrated. There is a thing called preference and choice. So what if there's an option out there that YOU wouldn't consider? Doesn't mean it HURTS you and your precious GT's existence. Geez I feel like I stepped into a political discussion about the right for gays to marry on a freaking Mustang discussion about future engines....
JKLiNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:56 AM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
You ate wrong. I've owned 4-cyl Mustangs in the past & I would gladly own one again. Not everybody thinks a Mustang is a muscle car, because it's not a muscle car. It created the car category commonly called pony car.

I don't know how long you've been around Mustangs but they weren't introduced as factory hotrods. In the 70s, they were far from being fast cars. In the 80s, they continued with the 4-cyl engine offerings and started beefing up the V8 to make it faster.

I loved the SVO turbo 4 that was as fast as the V8. Too bad it cost so much more than the GT.

I own 2 V8 Mustangs now. Even if I didn't, I'd still consider a 4-cyl Mustang. Because regardless of the number of pistons in the engine block, it's still a Mustang.

2013 Ford Mustang SVT 20th Anniversary Cobra Shelby GT500. Stock, almost.
UOP Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:16 AM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You ate wrong. I've owned 4-cyl Mustangs in the past & I would gladly own one again. Not everybody thinks a Mustang is a muscle car, because it's not a muscle car. It created the car category commonly called pony car.

I don't know how long you've been around Mustangs but they weren't introduced as factory hotrods. In the 70s, they were far from being fast cars. In the 80s, they continued with the 4-cyl engine offerings and started beefing up the V8 to make it faster.

I loved the SVO turbo 4 that was as fast as the V8. Too bad it cost so much more than the GT.

I own 2 V8 Mustangs now. Even if I didn't, I'd still consider a 4-cyl Mustang. Because regardless of the number of pistons in the engine block, it's still a Mustang.
Not completely true, I was there in the beginning and the Mustang was a major player in the Muscle car movement.
So much so that Mopar created a competing car and named it The Challenger. Those so called Pony cars included Muscle. And why were they all referred to as Pony Cars? Because of the success of the Ford Mustang and its release as a Sporty car based on its original plan as a 2 seat sports car.

Reproduced from: http://www.musclecarclub.com/musclec...istory-1.shtml

Introduction: The date was April 17, 1964. Intermediate sized muscle cars, with big block engines were gradually replacing the fullsized muscle car. Lee Iacocca, Ford's General Manager, had always invisioned a small sports car to be the next hot item in the street wars. Ford decided that instead of improving their lackluster intermediate, they would do the competition one better and introduce a whole new breed of automobile, the pony car. Originally designed as a two seater in the European tradition, Iacocca realized that true success depended on volume sales. Therefore the Ford Mustang was introduced as a 1965 model that was based on the compact Falcon to lower production costs. It came with an obligatory back seat and a multitude of options that would give the buyer an opportunity to customize their purchase, and generate extra profits for Ford. Plymouth faithful stress that their Baracuda beat the Ford Mustang to market by two weeks. But it was the Mustang, which racked up over 22,000 sales its first day and one million sales in its first two years, that turned the market and people's attention to the pony car. The pony car class that the Ford Mustang helped create is the only class of muscle car that still exists today.

One of the first commercials presenting the idea of the Mustang as a race car.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Just curious but very interesting comment. Why does everybody want a V8? This may be hard for you too believe but not everybody cares about going 0-60 in 4.3 seconds. Not everybody cares about doing a 1/4 mile in 12.5. Not everybody cares about being able to travel at speeds of 160 mph. Just because one can afford something doesn't mean they are willing to spend the money on it.

Very poor statement to make about how everybody wants the GT if they could afford it. Some people may care about having the GT but don't care enough to drop 40k on a car that looks the same as the car they paid 10k less for V6.

I personally would of liked the power of the V8 but I didn't like it enough to fork out 7500k more for the same exterior looking, same cloth interior, same electronic package as my V6 only to be 100 less horses. Can you afford to pay me 10 dollars for one gallon of fresh milk? Now ask yourself are you willing to pay me that 10 dollars for the milk. Big deference in having the 10 dollars and not willing to spend compared to not having the funds to do it. There is a difference.

I could afford a 100k car if I am willing to sell my house and live with my parents. I'm not going too but I could afford a 100k car. Big difference.
You make the point. There is a big difference between being able to afford something and able to get the money for something. Selling your house to buy a car is getting the money not affording it.
You admit it you would have liked the extra 100hp. The premium Gt gives you leather and other goodies. There are many visual differences between the base model and GT.

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKLiNx View Post

Wow really? That's your whole argument? That's almost like saying most lesbians aren't really gay because they like to be penetrated. There is a thing called preference and choice. So what if there's an option out there that YOU wouldn't consider? Doesn't mean it HURTS you and your precious GT's existence. Geez I feel like I stepped into a political discussion about the right for gays to marry on a freaking Mustang discussion about future engines....
How long have you been waiting to make a lesbian point?

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
How long have you been waiting to make a lesbian point?
LOL to be honest with the thought process that was being expressed I thought it was the only way my point would be understood.
JKLiNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:06 AM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The mustang started the muscle car era. Before that it was rat rods and customs other than the vettes and tbirds. After mustangs came camaro's and challengers, etc. it presented a more affordable hot rod, vettes and tbirds were expensive.
Nothing was fast in the 70's, all cars basically sucked. The SVO was fast, but had turbo lag and was air cooled, didn't have a real long life.
But you still own 2 V8's. why didn't you buy a V6?

Old 04-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKLiNx View Post

LOL to be honest with the thought process that was being expressed I thought it was the only way my point would be understood.
You're a genius, I love your connection!
Old 04-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

My base model V6 has the same exact interior as the base model GT. The cloth seats are identical. The dash and radio are the exact same looking. Other than the Gt has fog lights on the front grill and the V6 doesn't, they look the same. I certainly would of liked having 100 more HP. But I didn't like it enough to justify paying the added cost for it. It would of maybe raised my monthly payment to 50 dollars more over my current payment. Certainly could of done however wasn't worth that extra cost me. Again there is a difference.

Just because someone can afford to drop 40k or whatever price on a car doesn't mean one is willing to do so. My wife and I were recently fortunate to have come into some money that if I wanted too I could sell my V6 and easily buy a 2013 Gt500 and keep my current payment or less than my V6. I'm not going to do this because its not worth to me spending 60k plus for an automobile but I could. Again, just because one could afford something doesn't mean they are willing to do so.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:42 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
But you still own 2 V8's. why didn't you buy a V6?
We bought the 88GT as a retirement present for my dad. He died before we could get it shipped to him.

My wife made me buy the 2013 GT500.

If they offer a 4-cyl in this next gen, we would gladly buy it.

2013 Ford Mustang SVT 20th Anniversary Cobra Shelby GT500. Stock, almost.
UOP Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:17 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
My base model V6 has the same exact interior as the base model GT. The cloth seats are identical. The dash and radio are the exact same looking. Other than the Gt has fog lights on the front grill and the V6 doesn't, they look the same. I certainly would of liked having 100 more HP. But I didn't like it enough to justify paying the added cost for it. It would of maybe raised my monthly payment to 50 dollars more over my current payment. Certainly could of done however wasn't worth that extra cost me. Again there is a difference.

Just because someone can afford to drop 40k or whatever price on a car doesn't mean one is willing to do so. My wife and I were recently fortunate to have come into some money that if I wanted too I could sell my V6 and easily buy a 2013 Gt500 and keep my current payment or less than my V6. I'm not going to do this because its not worth to me spending 60k plus for an automobile but I could. Again, just because one could afford something doesn't mean they are willing to do so.
So you just like the body style and you're not into performance. I'm not going to argue your finances. There's always an exception to everything, not everyone is a car guy.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:20 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

We bought the 88GT as a retirement present for my dad. He died before we could get it shipped to him.

My wife made me buy the 2013 GT500.

If they offer a 4-cyl in this next gen, we would gladly buy it.
So sad about your Dad. What a wonderful thing for a son to do. Sounds like the wife is a keeper.

We will have to wait on that next generation Stang. Why worry about it?
Old 04-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire

Supposedly, the next GT will be a hybrid like the current NSX. Should be a good design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok
I would buy some rice crap if it was a front rear and made 300hp and 32 mpg. Other than an S2000, nothing appeals. The Z line is overrated. Most people don't care about cylinders, they care about power, or the car.

I could afford a GT just the same, but why? I would pay more money each month on the payment, insurance, and use more fuel. For what? What does the 100 hp matter when the speed limit is 35? 45, 55, 65? The GT does NOTHING better than the 6, other than getting to the speed limit a little faster, and wasting more fuel.

Maybe at a strip or auto cross on occasion, it would be more fun. Worth it? Maybe to some. For most people, 300 is fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

I couldn't go past 40k, but +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

+1

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:25 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

So you just like the body style and you're not into performance. I'm not going to argue your finances. There's always an exception to everything, not everyone is a car guy.
Love the body style and want a certain level of performance but I'm only willing to pay so much for the added performance. I put around 3k in mods to my 11 V6 and perfectly happy with its performance. I would of paid 3 maybe 3,500 k more for a Gt but not 7500k for it and still have the same cloth seats and not one extra electronic goodie than my V6. 7500 k more for a base Gt and you get no leather seats, no power seats, no sync system, no navigation system, no rear back up camera. I want performance in my mustang but only willing to pay for so much and not 7500k worth for 100 extra horses and suspension so I can drive to Wal Mart and back.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)