new 2015 engine lineup info including Ecoboost Coyote - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky35 View Post
New Automobile article ( scans):

2015 Mustang s550 Preview by Automobile Magazine (May 2013 issue) - 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (6th Generation Platform) - Mustang6G.com

They say IRS and six engines are coming, including Ecoboost Coyote for high-po model
Lighter and smaller too.
False. 2015 mustang wasn't at NY auto show
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2013, 06:27 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013mustang5.0 View Post

False. 2015 mustang wasn't at NY auto show
The 2014 show
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:31 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andregayola View Post
i personally dont like the new concept floating around i really wish for a true muscle car look like the challenger that looks alot like its ancestor but also i want power expect ally in the v6 the gt500 is already the monster almost no one can touch the gt needs some more ponies and he v6 needs alot more power in my opinion i thing gt 450 hp v6 360-80hp and he gt500 the sky's the Limit what are your thoughts?
The Current models and the 05-09 did just that. It's all the retro designs everyone copied off Fords 05 model. Ido agree a more muscular look to the concept designs would be nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2013, 07:07 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Ido agree a more muscular look to the concept designs would be nice.
Muscular? Sure. Mustang characteristics? Absolutely. More retro, unimaginative BS like the Challenger? No thanks!
JKLiNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:14 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKLiNx View Post

Muscular? Sure. Mustang characteristics? Absolutely. More retro, unimaginative BS like the Challenger? No thanks!
Agreed!
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:48 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKLiNx View Post

Pretty much. It's been done for almost 10 years now. Lets get more focused on a future new look.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

??
Old 04-30-2013, 10:45 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

So I had a conversation with this guy the other day and it got me thinking. There are a bunch of people who seem to think the Mustang ( more often the GT) needs more power and the idea of the Ecoboost will do that. Am I alone in thinking its power is perfectly fine where it's at? Ya, the 6 could use 20-30 horses but the GT? It hasn't even gone 5 years with the 5.0 not to mention its the first GT ever to break 400hp from the factory. I know I hear a lot of people talk bad about it in the fact it has the smallest numbers power wise compared to the Challenger and Camaro but that's just due to ignorance and the inability to comprehend a power to weight ratio. I don't know. It could be me.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:28 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
So I had a conversation with this guy the other day and it got me thinking. There are a bunch of people who seem to think the Mustang ( more often the GT) needs more power and the idea of the Ecoboost will do that. Am I alone in thinking its power is perfectly fine where it's at? Ya, the 6 could use 20-30 horses but the GT? It hasn't even gone 5 years with the 5.0 not to mention its the first GT ever to break 400hp from the factory. I know I hear a lot of people talk bad about it in the fact it has the smallest numbers power wise compared to the Challenger and Camaro but that's just due to ignorance and the inability to comprehend a power to weight ratio. I don't know. It could be me.
Both are plenty fast enough. The V6 would be nice with torque equal to hp. But it's fine as is.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I think the current 5.0 HP numbers are good. I want the IRS.
Tinman124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:04 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman124 View Post
I think the current 5.0 HP numbers are good. I want the IRS.
+1
Old 05-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
How does the Camaro or challenger compete? The challenger is built like all chryslers, no quality, no care, no passion. They show up to work- "yea, this'll do" and call it a day.

Comparing the line up, the Mustang base, GT, and GT500 beat the comparable model from Chevrolet and chrysler in power to weight ratio, fuel economy, and price. I think it's funny and sad people will buy a challenger, base, for 25k. Why? It's more money, less p/w, less fuel economy, and God awfully ugly. Before we even get to the interior.

Some people like chrysler. That's fine, to each their own. But for the last 30 years, they have been a sore on the US automobile reputation. Ford and GM have both had their times they screwed up, but model after model they show no care or passion in their work- just enough to get by. It makes me sick.

As for Chevy, they are definitely showing a turn around. What we saw in Ford about 10 years ago, a rebirth, Chevy has been shifting to the past few years. When I think about the base Camaro, I believe it is comparable with the base Mustang. I mean, it's gearbox is less efficient, it's a bit heavy, the blind spots are pretty bad, and the rear end is ugly to me- but the only ignorant/passionless thing they did is the gearbox. Some people like to feel like they are driving submarines, giant bodies with little port holes- Camaro/challenger. And some people may like the back end, I notice a lot of Chevy's have those lights. The gear box and extra weight are the only real careless things.

Now, the SS. Gas guzzler. How much hp?
GT500. How much hp? NOT a gas guzzler. Lol
The GT? How much hp? NOT a gas guzzler.

But with that tt v6, it will be taken care of.

I am glad there is competition. Because before the Camaro and challenger and genesis and 86GT, in my honest opinion, the Mustang was very sad. Mustang was the only guy in town, he got all the ladies. He didn't need to be fit, strong, or anything. He was a FR, all that mattered. Now there's new competition in town...he shaped up, and with this competition, all the companies (probably not chrysler, they will just keep doing the very least to get by) will be working to be the best.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post

How does the Camaro or challenger compete? The challenger is built like all chryslers, no quality, no care, no passion. They show up to work- "yea, this'll do" and call it a day.

Comparing the line up, the Mustang base, GT, and GT500 beat the comparable model from Chevrolet and chrysler in power to weight ratio, fuel economy, and price. I think it's funny and sad people will buy a challenger, base, for 25k. Why? It's more money, less p/w, less fuel economy, and God awfully ugly. Before we even get to the interior.

Some people like chrysler. That's fine, to each their own. But for the last 30 years, they have been a sore on the US automobile reputation. Ford and GM have both had their times they screwed up, but model after model they show no care or passion in their work- just enough to get by. It makes me sick.

As for Chevy, they are definitely showing a turn around. What we saw in Ford about 10 years ago, a rebirth, Chevy has been shifting to the past few years. When I think about the base Camaro, I believe it is comparable with the base Mustang. I mean, it's gearbox is less efficient, it's a bit heavy, the blind spots are pretty bad, and the rear end is ugly to me- but the only ignorant/passionless thing they did is the gearbox. Some people like to feel like they are driving submarines, giant bodies with little port holes- Camaro/challenger. And some people may like the back end, I notice a lot of Chevy's have those lights. The gear box and extra weight are the only real careless things.

Now, the SS. Gas guzzler. How much hp?
GT500. How much hp? NOT a gas guzzler. Lol
The GT? How much hp? NOT a gas guzzler.

But with that tt v6, it will be taken care of.

I am glad there is competition. Because before the Camaro and challenger and genesis and 86GT, in my honest opinion, the Mustang was very sad. Mustang was the only guy in town, he got all the ladies. He didn't need to be fit, strong, or anything. He was a FR, all that mattered. Now there's new competition in town...he shaped up, and with this competition, all the companies (probably not chrysler, they will just keep doing the very least to get by) will be working to be the best.
I have a family fiend now retired who was high up in Ford and responsible for the design of Ford suspensions and steering. Up til recently he even agreed Chrysler had the edge on body design. Ford has stepped up the game in the last 5 years I will agree but the Challenger is far from ugly. In fact in body design it meets the retro looks as well as Chevy or Ford. If they would lighten the body Mopar would be back in the race. But doubtful that will happen with the French as a parent Company.

Hopefully Ford will make us proud with the new design.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:00 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post

I have a family fiend now retired who was high up in Ford and responsible for the design of Ford suspensions and steering. Up til recently he even agreed Chrysler had the edge on body design. Ford has stepped up the game in the last 5 years I will agree but the Challenger is far from ugly. In fact in body design it meets the retro looks as well as Chevy or Ford. If they would lighten the body Mopar would be back in the race. But doubtful that will happen with the French as a parent Company.

Hopefully Ford will make us proud with the new design.
On body design? Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the Viper and 98-02 Durango are the only models I liked. The SRT4 was interesting...but like the avenger, charger, challenger, caliber, durango, and the extra plastic pieces. Body style is not favored by me. When I was in the challengers, it was like being in a boat. I could barely see anything. I couldn't say much about suspension differences.

And for a retro look, I think chrysler wins, but for all around appearance, I dislike it. I am also anxious to see how it evolves, also. Other than the rear lights they have done, I can't think of anything aesthetically that looks good. But for making an old design in the past, and then just redoing it again (retro lol) then they did well. When I think about, in my opinion, the best car ever built - the GT (44), it is almost identical to the original.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:13 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post

On body design? Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the Viper and 98-02 Durango are the only models I liked. The SRT4 was interesting...but like the avenger, charger, challenger, caliber, durango, and the extra plastic pieces. Body style is not favored by me. When I was in the challengers, it was like being in a boat. I could barely see anything. I couldn't say much about suspension differences.

And for a retro look, I think chrysler wins, but for all around appearance, I dislike it. I am also anxious to see how it evolves, also. Other than the rear lights they have done, I can't think of anything aesthetically that looks good. But for making an old design in the past, and then just redoing it again (retro lol) then they did well. When I think about, in my opinion, the best car ever built - the GT (44), it is almost identical to the original.
I hear ya but while my Mustang will never be replaced my previous car was fit for a King. Manual btw. The autos couldn't get out of their own way.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-562371814.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	303.1 KB
ID:	106141   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2519413653.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	379.9 KB
ID:	106142  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)