New picks leaked! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
I like that rendering. I think the grill may be too big, and headlights too small, but if its close to that, I think it'll be cool!
eouellette18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2013, 10:10 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by eouellette18 View Post
I like that rendering. I think the grill may be too big, and headlights too small, but if its close to that, I think it'll be cool!
I made it that way based on the last spy shots of the mules. It showed a very big grill and small and up positioned headlights
C3RV4NTE5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:57 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by C3RV4NTE5 View Post

Hey guys! I was bored this morning in a class in college and I sketched this. For what we've seen and read about the 2015 Mustang, this is my "final" guess. What do you think?
You've got some skill. I'd be curious what it'd look like if the side profile was 1:1 with the EVOS concept but maybe make the rear quarter glass smaller with some louvers along the trailing edge?
JKLiNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
The closest render I've seen yet. Just came out today.
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:50 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz View Post
The closest render I've seen yet. Just came out today.
Yes. From what I've seen from some details in certain photos and witnesses, It's going to be really close to that one. Although I think it's going to look more agressive than that, maybe looking wider.

C3RV4NTE5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:56 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
finally some new edge styling brought back

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:50 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

2 door fusion with a open grill. Hopefully wrong.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:01 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post
Negative Nancy.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Debbie downer
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:25 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I would have changed the front end. Aftermarket anyone?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3103119337.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	633.4 KB
ID:	106978  
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:32 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

*ahem* I believe the clay models I posted were exactly the yellow car, then I took a lot of flak for them, and everyone said I was wrong because it looked like the Fusion. Sometimes chicken little knows what he's talking about.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:48 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Congratulations Ford. You just created the Mustang fusion. You can call this forum member what you want but facts are facts. That rendition of the Mustang looks nothing more than the Ford Fusion. If this is what the new mustang looks like, boy am I glad I bought my 2011. I will just wait to buy the next generation stang in like 2030

Oh well, someone has to be number two in sales in the pony car war. looks like Ford will be doing that for 2015 and on with that design.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I wish the honey comb inserts didn't come stock in a lot of new cars. Looks way better without then imo.
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:52 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Congratulations Ford. You just created the Mustang fusion. You can call this forum member what you want but facts are facts. That rendition of the Mustang looks nothing more than the Ford Fusion. If this is what the new mustang looks like, boy am I glad I bought my 2011. I will just wait to buy the next generation stang in like 2030

Oh well, someone has to be number two in sales in the pony car war. looks like Ford will be doing that for 2015 and on with that design.
Unbunch your panties, and relax. This is the most recent render we have based all all the facts we have for the car so far. If it looks like this, then I bet a lot of people will like it. You may not, but some will. To be honest I'm not much of a fan of it either, but I'm not going to cry about it.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Unbunch your panties, and relax. This is the most recent render we have based all all the facts we have for the car so far. If it looks like this, then I bet a lot of people will like it. You may not, but some will. To be honest I'm not much of a fan of it either, but I'm not going to cry about it.
Oh, no crying here bro. Lol I got my 11 pony. Real happy with that. Like I said, somebody has to be number two in sales for the pony cars. If that is what it looks like it will be nothing more than a Fusion with a 5.0 liter engine. Sweet. I have a feeling if that is what it looks like there sales will plummet
Old 05-09-2013, 05:22 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Oh, no crying here bro. Lol I got my 11 pony. Real happy with that. Like I said, somebody has to be number two in sales for the pony cars. If that is what it looks like it will be nothing more than a Fusion with a 5.0 liter engine. Sweet. I have a feeling if that is what it looks like there sales will plummet
Might do well. Fusion with the 5.0 sounds pretty badass imo
Termi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
*ahem* I believe the clay models I posted were exactly the yellow car, then I took a lot of flak for them, and everyone said I was wrong because it looked like the Fusion. Sometimes chicken little knows what he's talking about.
Those clay models are several years old and have nothing to do with the MY15 Mustang.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:27 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
Those clay models are several years old and have nothing to do with the MY15 Mustang.
Actually they are. They were part of a design study in for 15 mustang. So yes, they have everything to do with the new mustang.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:36 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Actually they are. They were part of a design study in for 15 mustang. So yes, they have everything to do with the new mustang.
Well your pics arent working right now, so maybe Im thinking of the wrong clay model pics, but the ones I saw posted as '15 pics I'd seen several years earlier. Not positive its this thread, but I think it was. If you fix the pics, I'll tell you for sure.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well your pics arent working right now, so maybe Im thinking of the wrong clay model pics, but the ones I saw posted as '15 pics I'd seen several years earlier. Not positive its this thread, but I think it was. If you fix the pics, I'll tell you for sure.
I can tell you for sure right now. They were Mustang design study models from several years ago. Back when they were testing different body styles, before they had even decided on the final shape.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:34 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I can tell you for sure right now. They were Mustang design study models from several years ago. Back when they were testing different body styles, before they had even decided on the final shape.
Pics? Link to this info?
Old 05-09-2013, 06:45 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Say what you want, but a lot of people will love it if that's it. The problem will be that most of those fans don't have their drivers license yet.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Pics? Link to this info?
Read the Update at the top of the thread.
2015 s550 Mustang Clay Design Model Shows Fastback Shape - 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (6th Generation Platform) - Mustang6G.com
Old 05-09-2013, 06:54 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

I tried that but it goes to a different article (or am I crazy?), but okay, yeah, you're right. Those are the pics, though at the time it was only a few of those and I recall "confirmation" that it was a different project. Maybe just bad info at the time. Now it's my bad.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:57 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Say what you want, but a lot of people will love it if that's it. The problem will be that most of those fans don't have their drivers license yet.
I actually think majority of people around the globe will not care for that design should that be the design. The Ford Fusion design works nicely for that type of car. A mustang that looks almost identical to Fusion, is ridiculous. I predict sales of the Mustang will plummet to record low numbers. Even the Europe market will not take well to that design. If that is the best design that Ford could come up with, then those engineers should be fired . GM would be thrilled to have this happen.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:02 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I actually think majority of people around the globe will not care for that design should that be the design. The Ford Fusion design works nicely for that type of car. A mustang that looks almost identical to Fusion, is ridiculous. I predict sales of the Mustang will plummet to record low numbers. Even the Europe market will not take well to that design. If that is the best design that Ford could come up with, then those engineers should be fired . GM would be thrilled to have this happen.
Agree. I'll wager Europe market tanks. They just don't like American cars for the most part. Yeah a cheap Eco car may sell but not beyond that.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

That render is completely uninspiring.
Ricky35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:32 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky35 View Post
Look at it this way. When the sales of the next generation mustangs plummet to record low sold units and it WILL with that Mustang/Fusion rendition. Ford can again redesign it, so Camaro can stop kicking their backsides in sold units for three years in a row.

With that Mustang Fusion design that will kill the mustang heritage and its creation. You heard it here first.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:26 PM   #64

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky35 View Post
The headlight area is too slitty and it extends too far up the fender.

The top front grill narrows as it extends down, too much like the fusion.

I do like the rest of the car though. But unfortunately the front is not muscular enough.
ChuckC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:37 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Can't believe how bent out of shape people continue to get over a speculative render. Everyone needs to just take a breath and relax. Yes the car is likely to be more EVOS/Fusion looking than the S197 but guess what? That's a good thing because the S197 has been around for 10 years. Making sweeping generalizations about it being a sales flop already or appealing to teenagers is ridiculous. I know a large percentage of my peer group have been waiting for a realization of the EVOS concept in its coupe form and guess what, we're not teenagers that can't drive or afford one, we're mid-20s to early-30s white collar working professionals ready to spend our money supporting our employer/local economy and not the foreign nameplates. But sure, lets keep up with the generalizations and temper tantrums that have been exhibited in these threads so far...
JKLiNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:17 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKLiNx View Post
Can't believe how bent out of shape people continue to get over a speculative render. Everyone needs to just take a breath and relax. Yes the car is likely to be more EVOS/Fusion looking than the S197 but guess what? That's a good thing because the S197 has been around for 10 years. Making sweeping generalizations about it being a sales flop already or appealing to teenagers is ridiculous. I know a large percentage of my peer group have been waiting for a realization of the EVOS concept in its coupe form and guess what, we're not teenagers that can't drive or afford one, we're mid-20s to early-30s white collar working professionals ready to spend our money supporting our employer/local economy and not the foreign nameplates. But sure, lets keep up with the generalizations and temper tantrums that have been exhibited in these threads so far...
I don't think people are bent over it on here. People were just commenting on the picture that was posted. Just commenting on how if and BIG IF that is going to be the next generation mustang then Ford may have begun the death of the their pony car. Only time will tell, however just wait and see. Based on that picture I certainly wouldn't put my money into a pony car that looked like that but many will buy it. Overall, my prediction is record low sales if that's the design of the mustang/fusion.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:26 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKLiNx View Post
I think you've got this backwards. Every time someone posts a comment that they don't like the new design. Your generation as you claim it freak out and say how negative we are and that the S197 is old and overdue to dump and should be replaced.
I simply said I didn't like it and looked like a fusion. Then everyone freaks out and claims Ford always knows best and has never screwed up the mustang in the past.
So we'll see what looks like and what sales are. I hope it's awesome.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:33 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I think you've got this backwards. Every time someone posts a comment that they don't like the new design. Your generation as you claim it freak out and say how negative we are and that the S197 is old and overdue to dump and should be replaced.
I simply said I didn't like it and looked like a fusion. Then everyone freaks out and claims Ford always knows best and has never screwed up the mustang in the past.
As if his generation are the only ones buying Mustangs.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:55 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:

Never screwed up the mustang in the past is debatable... Remember the mustang two? Lmao I think that was a screw up IMO
SoberGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:59 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4152898873.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	107158

In case someone forgot lol
SoberGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)