New picks leaked! - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-10-2013, 02:12 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoberGT View Post

In case someone forgot lol
Ah yes the Pinto. A baby Mustang. It actually took until 1994 before they resembled a Mustang again.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post

Ah yes the Pinto. A baby Mustang. It actually took until 1994 before they resembled a Mustang again.
+1
SoberGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:

As if his generation are the only ones buying Mustangs.
Bro, I don't care what generation is buying it. There are very limited true die hard loyal mustang only customers out there that would buy the Mustang no matter what it looked liked. A few thousand die hard fanatics is not going to keep a ugly looking mustang alive.

I believe majority of consumers are loyal to whatever they like the best at the time they are looking to buy. Majority of people are not going to buy a muscle car that looks just like there neighbors family sedan. That's just dumb! Nothing wrong with the fusion and its design because its a fusion , a family mid sized sedan. Its not a pony, today's muscle car.

That rendition is nothing more than a Fusion with a more powerful engine. I don't care what generation your referring too but majority of people are not going to drop 30k plus on a pony car that looks like there mom and dads family sedan.

With choices like the, Camaro, Charger, Challenger, 370z, Wrx, list goes on there is no place for that weak a$$ looking pony car, the mustang/fusion. With all the beautiful renditions made out there you would think more from Ford engineers and the CEO if in fact this is what the next generation will look like. To each there own but I would buy a slowmaro before I buy that mustang/fusion.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoberGT View Post

Never screwed up the mustang in the past is debatable... Remember the mustang two? Lmao I think that was a screw up IMO
That's what I was saying. They have made some huge mistakes in the past and should not be blindly trusted to make something awesome.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:04 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post

That's what I was saying. They have made some huge mistakes in the past and should not be blindly trusted to make something awesome.
Agree
SoberGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:12 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Bro, I don't care what generation is buying it. There are very limited true die hard loyal mustang only customers out there that would buy the Mustang no matter what it looked liked. A few thousand die hard fanatics is not going to keep a ugly looking mustang alive.

I believe majority of consumers are loyal to whatever they like the best at the time they are looking to buy. Majority of people are not going to buy a muscle car that looks just like there neighbors family sedan. That's just dumb! Nothing wrong with the fusion and its design because its a fusion , a family mid sized sedan. Its not a pony, today's muscle car.

That rendition is nothing more than a Fusion with a more powerful engine. I don't care what generation your referring too but majority of people are not going to drop 30k plus on a pony car that looks like there mom and dads family sedan.

With choices like the, Camaro, Charger, Challenger, 370z, Wrx, list goes on there is no place for that weak a$$ looking pony car, the mustang/fusion. With all the beautiful renditions made out there you would think more from Ford engineers and the CEO if in fact this is what the next generation will look like. To each there own but I would buy a slowmaro before I buy that mustang/fusion.
That was my point in my response. Look back.

I also read how the Camaro out sells the Mustang. Do they judge this by sales to the public or dealerships? Because at the Chevy dealer here there are 15 Camaros on the lot vs 5 Mustangs down the street. And I see more 11-14 Mustangs on the road than Camaros.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That was my point in my response. Look back.

I also read how the Camaro out sells the Mustang. Do they judge this by sales to the public or dealerships? Because at the Chevy dealer here there are 15 Camaros on the lot vs 5 Mustangs down the street. And I see more 11-14 Mustangs on the road than Camaros.
I believe its units sold to customers not dealerships. Actual sold units to a consumer. I really hope that's not the next generation stang or my 11 pony will be my only and last one I buy until the next generation after this new 15 generation comes out. Lol
Old 05-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:

I think you've got this backwards. Every time someone posts a comment that they don't like the new design. Your generation as you claim it freak out and say how negative we are and that the S197 is old and overdue to dump and should be replaced.
I simply said I didn't like it and looked like a fusion. Then everyone freaks out and claims Ford always knows best and has never screwed up the mustang in the past.
So we'll see what looks like and what sales are. I hope it's awesome.
Meh, I never said anything about having trust in the decisions of Ford or that they could do no wrong, I was just saying that people saying it'll sell terrible or need an emergency redesign or any other complaints need to hold off until we see something that's actually official or at least based off a prototype that isn't covered in inches of padding and camo. And I wasn't trying to make any statements for my generation either, I stated me and my peers as in my buddies at work, all people who want to support our employer (Ford) but aren't sheep willing to just buy anything with the oval on the back. Yes we all loved the EVOS and don't think it's language would be the worst thing ever for the Mustang (that goes to the MustangII or fox bodies) but that is our opinion. I'm not saying others can't have their opinion and say they don't like it, just to hold off with the torches and pitchforks for now
JKLiNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:29 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKLiNx View Post

Meh, I never said anything about having trust in the decisions of Ford or that they could do no wrong, I was just saying that people saying it'll sell terrible or need an emergency redesign or any other complaints need to hold off until we see something that's actually official or at least based off a prototype that isn't covered in inches of padding and camo. And I wasn't trying to make any statements for my generation either, I stated me and my peers as in my buddies at work, all people who want to support our employer (Ford) but aren't sheep willing to just buy anything with the oval on the back. Yes we all loved the EVOS and don't think it's language would be the worst thing ever for the Mustang (that goes to the MustangII or fox bodies) but that is our opinion. I'm not saying others can't have their opinion and say they don't like it, just to hold off with the torches and pitchforks for now
I hear what your saying and don't think there are any torches or pitchforks yet. The comments were directed to a picture the forum member posted and suspected the 15 stang will look like. Based upon that posted picture , responses were made towards that one and ONLYdirect picture.

Based upon that picture , the mustang looked just like a Ford fusion with some slight tweaks to the styling but a Fusion all the way with nothing more than a pony emblem stuck on. Based upon that styling of the picture I would predict record low sales because that rendition is freaking horrible. Lol
Old 05-10-2013, 08:57 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKLiNx View Post

Awesome you work for Ford. I've only bought 1 car that wasn't a Ford. I don't know if its going look like any of these pics. I just want to keep a muscle car feel, but that's my opinion.
I think a lot of the pics are actually pretty cool, but not a mustang. But we'll see.
Pitchfork locked up in garage til actual release.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:48 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:46 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I hear what your saying and don't think there are any torches or pitchforks yet. The comments were directed to a picture the forum member posted and suspected the 15 stang will look like. Based upon that posted picture , responses were made towards that one and ONLYdirect picture.

Based upon that picture , the mustang looked just like a Ford fusion with some slight tweaks to the styling but a Fusion all the way with nothing more than a pony emblem stuck on. Based upon that styling of the picture I would predict record low sales because that rendition is freaking horrible. Lol
The Mustang is sort of like an Elvis Impersonator. You just can't put black hair and sideburns on it and be comparable to Elvis. Same with the car. A Pony Emblem does not a Mustang make.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:52 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The Mustang is sort of like an Elvis Impersonator. You just can't put black hair and sideburns on it and be comparable to Elvis. Same with the car. A Pony Emblem does not a Mustang make.
Lmao. Well I agree with you. You need more than a pony emblem to make a mustang a mustang. With that said, that rendition is a Fusion with a pony emblem slapped on it.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:45 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lmao. Well I agree with you. You need more than a pony emblem to make a mustang a mustang. With that said, that rendition is a Fusion with a pony emblem slapped on it.
Yep the new fastback Fusion!
Old 05-11-2013, 12:47 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yep the new fastback Fusion!
Yep. You speak the truth on that bro.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:35 AM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
finally some new edge styling brought back
Windows? Lol what else is hew edge
Old 05-13-2013, 02:45 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Agree. I'll wager Europe market tanks. They just don't like American cars for the most part. Yeah a cheap Eco car may sell but not beyond that.
Europe loves American cars they just can fit em on the roads, can't even count how many camaros mustangs and 300s I saw last time I was in the UK, either parked or highway though not on back roads lol

---------- Post added at 02:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

Quote:

03 if you like performance
Old 05-13-2013, 05:02 AM   #88
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
I have what I consider a well designed Mustang in my 2011. When it comes time to buy again, I'll be my own judge as to if the new Mustang has me buying one. Otherwise, I'll keep what I have.

I don't care for the new Camaro, I like the Challanger, except it's slow, and built on a Chrysler 300 platform; not a very good plan to me.

So like every other Mustang fan, I'll be looking at the new 2015 Mustangs to see what Ford has for us. If I like, I buy; if I don't, then I already have a nice Mustang.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:35 AM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
Europe loves American cars they just can fit em on the roads, can't even count how many camaros mustangs and 300s I saw last time I was in the UK, either parked or highway though not on back roads lol

---------- Post added at 02:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

03 if you like performance
Not just that they can't fit them on their roads, but can't deal with the traditional gas guzzling nature of them. The tide is changing though with v6 and even turbo 4 musle cars coming
Ricky35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:48 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky35 View Post

Not just that they can't fit them on their roads, but can't deal with the traditional gas guzzling nature of them. The tide is changing though with v6 and even turbo 4 musle cars coming
One thing that has made America great-Cheap gas. America is still leaps and bounds ahead of everyone else, but it is going downhill.
tgmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:51 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmeyer View Post
One thing that has made America great-Cheap gas. America is still leaps and bounds ahead of everyone else, but it is going downhill.
And the govt is helping push us downhill with the crazy CAFE requirements.

Guaranteed if we didn't have CAFE, we wouldn't see a 4 banger Mustang coming.
Ricky35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:23 AM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky35 View Post
And the govt is helping push us downhill with the crazy CAFE requirements.

Guaranteed if we didn't have CAFE, we wouldn't see a 4 banger Mustang coming.
CAFE is a large part of what killed the muscle car in the 70's.

Old 05-28-2013, 01:57 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:

CAFE is a large part of what killed the muscle car in the 70's.
Who else is fed up to the ceiling with government regulations?!?
tgmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:34 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmeyer View Post

Who else is fed up to the ceiling with government regulations?!?
Yeah for the most part. But smog was unbearable in Los Angeles before CAFE and a bunch of cars with straight pipes are as annoying as subwoofers that rattle doors and set off alarms. Once or twice a year at the Pomona Drag Strip is alright but not daily up and down my street. Some people have no common sense or respect for others.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah for the most part. But smog was unbearable in Los Angeles before CAFE and a bunch of cars with straight pipes are as annoying as subwoofers that rattle doors and set off alarms. Once or twice a year at the Pomona Drag Strip is alright but not daily up and down my street. Some people have no common sense or respect for others.
CAFE is fuel economy. I believe cats and exhaust are a separate issue and California has different standards as usual.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:20 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

CAFE is fuel economy. I believe cats and exhaust are a separate issue and California has different standards as usual.
Thanks for the clarification. We will run out of oil one of these days.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:53 PM   #97

Region: New York
Quote:
US Oil production is booming.

Global temperatures stopped warming about 15 years ago.

CAFE rules will be too extreme.
ChuckC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:58 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Not sure about that. We have as much or more oil than Saudis. It's just harder to get to. If the government would let us drill and get it. Eventually we'll be running on liquified natural gas.

Old 05-28-2013, 11:26 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckC View Post

US Oil production is booming.

Global temperatures stopped warming about 15 years ago.

CAFE rules will be too extreme.
Oil will boom til it's all gone. Not in my lifetime. Maybe not the young adults here but perhaps their grand children will face a different world.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:35 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Oil will boom til it's all gone. Not in my lifetime. Maybe not the young adults here but perhaps their grand children will face a different world.
The world will have alternative fuels and oil like products by the time all the oil is gone. Earth has plenty of oil .
Old 05-29-2013, 12:30 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The world will have alternative fuels and oil like products by the time all the oil is gone. Earth has plenty of oil .
Plenty of oil for the foreseeable future, sure, but as the easy pickings get used up, they have to resort to other more costly (financially and environmentally) extraction methods like tar sands.
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:08 PM   #102
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Meh...if you buy a Mustang for fuel economy you have issues anyway.

Inflated fuel prices on par with Europe are what Obama promised back in 08. I don't suppose anyone remembers that though.

More efficient vehicles just means higher taxes on fuel so the government can have the same or greater "revenue".
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:29 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
Meh...if you buy a Mustang for fuel economy you have issues anyway.

Inflated fuel prices on par with Europe are what Obama promised back in 08. I don't suppose anyone remembers that though.

More efficient vehicles just means higher taxes on fuel so the government can have the same or greater "revenue".
I remember that for sure. There is already evidence of raising fuel tax rates as less fuel is purchased. It's all about filling the government coffers.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:37 AM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

My gosh! Could the fastback return?!
JimmyMosqueda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMosqueda View Post
My gosh! Could the fastback return?!
Every leaked image/mockup I've seen is a fastback. So I give it a high chance of seeing a fastback for 15.
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)