New picks leaked! - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Wait the coupes today aren't fastbacks?
Destro415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2013, 03:53 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

I think technically (according to wiki anyway) for it to be a fastback, the roofline has to slope all the way to the back, not just to the trunk? I thought they were already fastbacks as well, Destro415.

"A fastback is a car body style whose roofline slopes continuously down at the back. The word can also designate the car itself.[1][2] The style is seen on two-door coupés as well as four-door sedans."
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:53 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro415 View Post
Wait the coupes today aren't fastbacks?
Yes they are. Every bit as much as the original fastbacks. They aren't coupes.
All fastbacks have a trunk that opens. If not they are hatchbacks.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2013, 03:55 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFish View Post
I think technically (according to wiki anyway) for it to be a fastback, the roofline has to slope all the way to the back, not just to the trunk? I thought they were already fastbacks as well, Destro415.

"A fastback is a car body style whose roofline slopes continuously down at the back. The word can also designate the car itself.[1][2] The style is seen on two-door coupés as well as four-door sedans."
Well if wiki says that then wiki is wrong
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3836334363.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	112474   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1999064458.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	569.2 KB
ID:	112478  

Old 06-06-2013, 04:06 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Here is a Mustang Hatchback. But I prefer to call it a Pinto.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-4235906422.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	112479  
Old 06-06-2013, 04:14 PM   #111
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post
Well if wiki says that then wiki is wrong
Wouldn't be the first time.
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:15 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Here is a Mustang Hatchback. But I prefer to call it a Pinto.
Those Mustang II's actually outsold all of the Mustang's we drive now, show some respect even if you dont like them
Vintage Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:47 AM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Iron View Post

Those Mustang II's actually outsold all of the Mustang's we drive now, show some respect even if you dont like them
Well they didn't out sell the 65 and 66 and that's the standard ours are based on. Perhaps you might learn how to show respect.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:12 AM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well they didn't out sell the 65 and 66 and that's the standard ours are based on. Perhaps you might learn how to show respect.
If you read my post CORRECTLY I said all of the Mustang's we drive NOW, the vast majority are new Mustang's on this site and I know exactly how many 64.5 - 66 Mustang's were sold.....Show respect to who you? You get what you give Bro.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #115
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

If you read my post CORRECTLY I said all of the Mustang's we drive NOW, the vast majority are new Mustang's on this site and I know exactly how many 64.5 - 66 Mustang's were sold.....Show respect to who you? You get what you give Bro.
Hey I made a simple statement and you ramble on about respect. Get over it. The Mustang 2 was a Pinto clone. You should show respect to anyone who expresses an opinion. So that being said I gave an opinion. You gave a smart Alec remark. Back at ya Bro. That's all I will say about this because of the rules. But think about it.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:38 AM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I like turtles
JimmyMosqueda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hey I made a simple statement and you ramble on about respect. Get over it. The Mustang 2 was a Pinto clone. You should show respect to anyone who expresses an opinion. So that being said I gave an opinion. You gave a smart Alec remark. Back at ya Bro. That's all I will say about this because of the rules. But think about it.
I have thought about it. Im old enough to have owned both a Pinto (LOL) and a Mustang II Cobra II and defintely not a clone but if you say they are thats your opinion but my point is if your a Mustang fan be a Mustang fan even through the bad years and not just the good. And believe it or not there are people on here that probably do own a Mustang II so you are just slamming the hell out of them for no reason when actually that car was a good one. As I said it outsold all of the newer Mustang's hands down whether you like that or not. So if someone said something to you about owning a 6cylinder Mustang and raggin on you about it I am sure you would blow a gasket and want them banned so just remember when you talk smack about someones car you are insulting them. So stop TRYIN to be a internet forum tough guy and move on....
Old 06-09-2013, 12:34 PM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

Just logged on facebook today and the Official Ford Mustang facebook posted this with a picture. Could this be the new 2015?

Old 06-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro415 View Post
Just logged on facebook today and the Official Ford Mustang facebook posted this with a picture. Could this be the new 2015?
No! Not at all.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:39 PM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

E3 Need for Speed video game most likely.
JimmyMosqueda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:41 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
No! Not at all.
Yeah I figured, someone posted on the comments below saying

Quote:
"4pm tomorrow Monday! Guide shows "electronic arts premiers its game line up and new titles" that picture is from the need for speed movie shoot. Google for more pics they look nasty. But NOT the '15 s550"
Old 06-09-2013, 04:45 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have thought about it. Im old enough to have owned both a Pinto (LOL) and a Mustang II Cobra II and defintely not a clone but if you say they are thats your opinion but my point is if your a Mustang fan be a Mustang fan even through the bad years and not just the good. And believe it or not there are people on here that probably do own a Mustang II so you are just slamming the hell out of them for no reason when actually that car was a good one. As I said it outsold all of the newer Mustang's hands down whether you like that or not. So if someone said something to you about owning a 6cylinder Mustang and raggin on you about it I am sure you would blow a gasket and want them banned so just remember when you talk smack about someones car you are insulting them. So stop TRYIN to be a internet forum tough guy and move on....
Internet forum tough guy? That seems to be the person who ranted about showing respect. All I said was I call it a Pinto.
That is not slamming the hell out of anyone. If its your opinion that it is then you are the one doing the slamming by turning it into that. Think about how you respond to someone for making an opinion. You're entitled to yours and I'm entitled to mine. I don't like the Mustang II or the Fox Bodies and have no disrespect for anyone who does. And that does not make me any less a fan than anyone else. I am old enough to have driven all the Mustangs. As far as out selling today's Mustangs it is not surprising given the fact that there are many more cars to chose from for people in today's world than 1974. And it was Fords attempt at competing with the foreign small car market including the Mercury Capri which was a Mustang platform, during a fabricated oil crisis and 55 mph speed limits.

Again for histories sake the Mustang II was based on the Ford Pinto platform and the base engine was a Pinto engine thus why I prefer to call it a Pinto. The 64.5 Mustang was a Falcon platform. Iacoca"s original plans were to base the Mustang II on the Maverick which again was a newer Falcon platform. But those plans fell through. The Maverick in essence became a Mustang and the Mustang became a Pinto. Although less of a Pinto than the Original was a Falcon it was not a Mustang but a Mustang II. That is not a slam but a fact and I don't have to like them nor have someone treat me badly because I express that opinion and they assume they have the right to be the playground monitor. Seems to me I made a simple statement and the bully was you.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:32 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Good points!!!
4DRACN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

heres a spy shot of the 2015 mustang
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1016823627.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	444.1 KB
ID:	113375  
Mustang_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:40 PM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Internet forum tough guy? That seems to be the person who ranted about showing respect. All I said was I call it a Pinto.
That is not slamming the hell out of anyone. If its your opinion that it is then you are the one doing the slamming by turning it into that. Think about how you respond to someone for making an opinion. You're entitled to yours and I'm entitled to mine. I don't like the Mustang II or the Fox Bodies and have no disrespect for anyone who does. And that does not make me any less a fan than anyone else. I am old enough to have driven all the Mustangs. As far as out selling today's Mustangs it is not surprising given the fact that there are many more cars to chose from for people in today's world than 1974. And it was Fords attempt at competing with the foreign small car market including the Mercury Capri which was a Mustang platform, during a fabricated oil crisis and 55 mph speed limits.

Again for histories sake the Mustang II was based on the Ford Pinto platform and the base engine was a Pinto engine thus why I prefer to call it a Pinto. The 64.5 Mustang was a Falcon platform. Iacoca"s original plans were to base the Mustang II on the Maverick which again was a newer Falcon platform. But those plans fell through. The Maverick in essence became a Mustang and the Mustang became a Pinto. Although less of a Pinto than the Original was a Falcon it was not a Mustang but a Mustang II. That is not a slam but a fact and I don't have to like them nor have someone treat me badly because I express that opinion and they assume they have the right to be the playground monitor. Seems to me I made a simple statement and the bully was you.
I know what platforms the Mustang's have been built on, I dont need a history lesson but if I offended you then I apologize all I was saying is that by talking crap about Mustang II's you may offend someone who owns one. They have a very loyal following and as for the Fox body Mustang's I love them and I read a article several years in Hot Rod Magazine of all places that the Fox body Mustang will and has replaced the 1957 Chevrolet as the Hot Rod of choice for drag racing. Personally I liked my little Cobra II that Mustang was about style and defintely not about speed mine was a 2.8 V6 and had solid lifters in it and it sounded like a sewing machine after about 1000 miles but damn she sure did look good.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:57 PM   #126
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_96 View Post
heres a spy shot of the 2015 mustang
old
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:13 PM   #127
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Buy ME Gear!!!
:cool
Official MustangEvolution.com Gear
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:25 AM   #128
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I know what platforms the Mustang's have been built on, I dont need a history lesson but if I offended you then I apologize all I was saying is that by talking crap about Mustang II's you may offend someone who owns one. They have a very loyal following and as for the Fox body Mustang's I love them and I read a article several years in Hot Rod Magazine of all places that the Fox body Mustang will and has replaced the 1957 Chevrolet as the Hot Rod of choice for drag racing. Personally I liked my little Cobra II that Mustang was about style and defintely not about speed mine was a 2.8 V6 and had solid lifters in it and it sounded like a sewing machine after about 1000 miles but damn she sure did look good.
Apology accepted. The lesson was so you could understand I wasn't talking crap about anyone or anything. Oh well I give up.
The Cobra II did look good and was not much slower than my first car, a 65 Plymouth 273 V8. Everyone called it a no go show boat. Didn't bother me any. I bet you have much more fun with your 5.0.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:41 PM   #129
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
MUSTANGS Rule!!!!
4DRACN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:27 PM   #130
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Apology accepted. The lesson was so you could understand I wasn't talking crap about anyone or anything. Oh well I give up.
The Cobra II did look good and was not much slower than my first car, a 65 Plymouth 273 V8. Everyone called it a no go show boat. Didn't bother me any. I bet you have much more fun with your 5.0.
I think you would have outran me in that Plymouth, my little Cobra II only had a whopping 103hp but either way I loved that car and my girlfriend at the time loved that backseat and rear window louvers

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)