Release of 2015 Mustang - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-18-2013, 08:56 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang lulu View Post

I agree! I'm so emotionally vested in this car that it doesn't even matter what Ford does with the new pony . I already have the best car
Wouldn't trade my 012 for anything else either.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2013, 09:57 PM   #37

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
You can always buy a 2014 model. Someone will always be selling it to get a 2015 model. If the 2015 model is really not different, then just buy a 14 model for thousands less. How can it not be different if Ford is going away from the retro model design? It will be different.
I wouldn't buy a used 2014 and I think that the 2014's left on the lot next April will be the leftover ones.

I like the 14's and I'm ordering a black, 5.0 with Track Pack and Recaro seats this week.

If I like the new ones, I'll keep my 2014 I'll wait until 2016 and I'll buy a high performance one...say a GT350.
ChuckC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:58 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz View Post

Not really, he still would be paying a few grand to have it one year earlier. The 14 will go down in price as soon as the 15 is released. So if he doesn't like the 15, he can still get a new 14, at a cheaper price.

)
I understand the normal process for new models. My comments were pointed at the possibility that 15 sucks and tanks on sales. Then the 14 will become more valuable and sought after.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2013, 10:03 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckC View Post
I wouldn't buy a used 2014 and I think that the 2014's left on the lot next April will be the leftover ones.

I like the 14's and I'm ordering a black, 5.0 with Track Pack and Recaro seats this week.

If I like the new ones, I'll keep my 2014 I'll wait until 2016 and I'll buy a high performance one...say a GT350.
They keep making the older models for an entire year after a new model comes out. So if don't like the 15, you can still custom order a 14.
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:09 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
In California? Most likely not, Ford does all of their testing in Detroit.
Thats not true. Ford does ALOT of testing in the desert of California and Arizona. I remember when I was still living in LA back in 2004 right before the 2005 Mustang came out and my now exwife and me were in Downey one night about 7pm we came upon what is now a 2005 Mustang at a stoplight. It had Michigan plates, it was not covered up or anything but I knew exactly what it was because of the tailights and so did other people because they and me were honking our horns and pointing and the guy driving the Mustang was waving and blowing his horn back at everyone, so they do alot testing on the west coast...
Vintage Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:09 PM   #41

Quote:
They keep making the older models for an entire year after a new model comes out. So if don't like the 15, you can still custom order a 14.
I don't recall that being the case from the '12 models to the 13' models.

I believe the 12's shutdown production in December of '11.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:12 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Your right they wont keep making 14's after the 2015 is released they will shut down production a few months before...
Old 06-18-2013, 10:15 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The 13's came out a little over a year ago, you can still custom order one today.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Iron View Post
Thats not true. Ford does ALOT of testing in the desert of California and Arizona. I remember when I was still living in LA back in 2004 right before the 2005 Mustang came out and my now exwife and me were in Downey one night about 7pm we came upon what is now a 2005 Mustang at a stoplight. It had Michigan plates, it was not covered up or anything but I knew exactly what it was because of the tailights and so did other people because they and me were honking our horns and pointing and the guy driving the Mustang was waving and blowing his horn back at everyone, so they do alot testing on the west coast...
Pics or it didn't happen.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:19 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The 13's came out a little over a year ago, you can still custom order one today.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

It happened.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:21 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It happened.
Great...I'm looking forward to seeing the pics that you will post.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:38 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Great...I'm looking forward to seeing the pics that you will post.
Look Dude, I know what I saw. I dont need to lie, maybe some people do, I dont. If you dont beleive it, thats your problem....
Old 06-18-2013, 10:39 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Calm down ladies
FortyBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:43 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Look Dude, I know what I saw. I dont need to lie, maybe some people do, I dont. If you dont beleive it, thats your problem....
anger much? There's no reason to be so defensive.

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyBrandon View Post
Calm down ladies
Lady* Singular
Old 06-18-2013, 10:46 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
anger much? There's no reason to be so defensive.

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Lady* Singular
Im not angry at all, just dont call me a liar. I wont respond to anymore of your posts so dont bother.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:39 PM   #50

Quote:

You're not right. Last order for a 2013 was Nov. 2012.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:22 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Does that guy really expect for you to have pictures of a car from 8-9 years ago?? Haha i mean really guy? Im seriously laughing my a** off!
You should just take a picture from google of an 05, send it to him, laugh at him and watch him get mad that you got it from google.

Anyway, the closest thing ive seen to that, was last year when i was at ford getting some parts an unmarked truck parked next to my cobra. I couldn't get out of my car so i had to wait.
I got a huge surprise when a brand spanking new 2013 Boss 302 backed out slowly. I was drooling all over myself. I was eye molesting that beauty until a friend of mine that works at ford came up to me saying, wanna drive it to the showroom?(only about 25 feet from where i was sitting). He didnt even finish his sentence, i was already jumping to the passenger side to get out on that side. I didnt take it past 3-5mph, but it was enough to have me thinking on trading in my cobra on the spot.... That is until my friend told me it was completely street ILLEGAL. My dreams were shattered in just 30 seconds!
Wont EVER forget that day.
94 GT 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:39 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Im not angry at all, just dont call me a liar. I wont respond to anymore of your posts so dont bother.
You must be new to the internet.... Seriously, if you are going to come on here and start arguments, don't even bother. I've seen you piss off other people on other threads, so don't even start with me. It's annoying.

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

Quote:
Ford still offers custom 13's off of there website.

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94 GT 5.0 View Post
Does that guy really expect for you to have pictures of a car from 8-9 years ago?? Haha i mean really guy? Im seriously laughing my a** off!
You should just take a picture from google of an 05, send it to him, laugh at him and watch him get mad that you got it from google.

Anyway, the closest thing ive seen to that, was last year when i was at ford getting some parts an unmarked truck parked next to my cobra. I couldn't get out of my car so i had to wait.
I got a huge surprise when a brand spanking new 2013 Boss 302 backed out slowly. I was drooling all over myself. I was eye molesting that beauty until a friend of mine that works at ford came up to me saying, wanna drive it to the showroom?(only about 25 feet from where i was sitting). He didnt even finish his sentence, i was already jumping to the passenger side to get out on that side. I didnt take it past 3-5mph, but it was enough to have me thinking on trading in my cobra on the spot.... That is until my friend told me it was completely street ILLEGAL. My dreams were shattered in just 30 seconds!
Wont EVER forget that day.
To your first part. You must not be able to read sarcasm very well. "Pics or it didn't happen" is a common phrase used on the internet when someone states something unbelievable or cool... Didn't really think I would have to explain this on online, but I guess not everyone is young. :/

To your second part. I believe the Ford dealer might have been referring to the air splitter that is attached to the bumper. That is not street legal, but it can be easily taken off which should make the car legal.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:57 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

I know what sarcasm is, i use it alot. I just dont know when you're using sarcasm through a computer screen.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:04 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

And no they said the whole car including engine and they did mention some body parts were completely street illegal. It might have just been these strict california laws. But the engine definitely did not look like you can drive it on the street with any traction to the wheels lol
Old 06-19-2013, 01:58 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

I want the voice recording or the whole interweb will not believe you!
Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:18 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
I want the voice recording or the whole interweb will not believe you!
Lol
Old 06-19-2013, 03:09 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

My 12 was manufactured in Jan of 12
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:24 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

That is soooooo not true! Several Ford places said I could still order a 13. I bought my 13...2 months ago and I almost ordered one because none of em had exactly what I wanted. But I wanted a 13 because they had better rebates then the 14. Only reason I didnt because I didnt wanna wait 8-10 weeks.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:38 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

BOOM!
Old 06-19-2013, 07:51 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE=mrkrabz;1694303]You must be new to the internet.... Seriously, if you are going to come on here and start arguments, don't even bother. I've seen you piss off other people on other threads, so don't even start with me. It's annoying.

Actually im not new to the internet but I read what you said, "pics or it didnt happen" and then you said if it did happen "you looked forward to seeing my pics".

The only annoying part is when someone calls another a liar. Thats what you did. If I had pics from 8 years ago I would gladly post them.
Now back to topic, please.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:25 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I ordered a 2013 mustang in the beginning of Feb and got a call from the dealer that production had stopped so I got " upgraded" to the 2014. I didn't complain one bit.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:25 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangchassy View Post
That is soooooo not true! Several Ford places said I could still order a 13. I bought my 13...2 months ago and I almost ordered one because none of em had exactly what I wanted. But I wanted a 13 because they had better rebates then the 14. Only reason I didnt because I didnt wanna wait 8-10 weeks.
11/2/2012 - FordCustSrvc: "No more 2013 order... I’m sure 2014 will open in the next month or 2. This is normal."

See Link.

When is the 2013 ordering cut off? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forums
Old 06-19-2013, 09:20 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:

Okay, So let's say the last orders for 2014 model is November 2014. The 2015 models will be out April , May 2014. That gives you and plenty of people to make their own decision about if they love the 15 model or want to order a 14 model. It's not like the 15 model will come out in October 14. You will have like 5 to 6 months of the 15 model to be out plus long before that the 15 models true real appearance and specs will be out.

Again, If one doesn't like the 15 model, you will have plenty of time to get a 14 model. Were so close , me personally think its silly to buy a 14 model.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Okay, So let's say the last orders for 2014 model is November 2014. The 2015 models will be out April , May 2014. That gives you and plenty of people to make their own decision about if they love the 15 model or want to order a 14 model. It's not like the 15 model will come out in October 14. You will have like 5 to 6 months of the 15 model to be out plus long before that the 15 models true real appearance and specs will be out.

Again, If one doesn't like the 15 model, you will have plenty of time to get a 14 model. Were so close , me personally think its silly to buy a 14 model.
+1

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

[QUOTE=Vintage Iron;1694442]
Quote:
You must be new to the internet.... Seriously, if you are going to come on here and start arguments, don't even bother. I've seen you piss off other people on other threads, so don't even start with me. It's annoying.

Actually im not new to the internet but I read what you said, "pics or it didnt happen" and then you said if it did happen "you looked forward to seeing my pics".

The only annoying part is when someone calls another a liar. Thats what you did. If I had pics from 8 years ago I would gladly post them.
Now back to topic, please.
Read through the thread again, and get some help. Here you go.
http://tinyurl.com/m2ju6gy
Old 06-19-2013, 01:13 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

11/2/2012 - FordCustSrvc: "No more 2013 order... I’m sure 2014 will open in the next month or 2. This is normal."

See Link.

Call Petaluma Henry Curtis Ford and talk to Ryan. IT'S TRUE!
Old 06-19-2013, 05:13 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT fanatic View Post
I didn't want to chance the 2015's looking like this. That's why I went ahead and bought my 2014 5.0
Where is the muscle car in that ??? , I think I will be keeping my S197 for a long long time (forever) me thinks the next gen mustangs will stray away from there heritage and that is not something I like , for me the perfect car is .... mine and I'm a very happy owner. (=
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:40 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

See Link.

Oh it be true!
Old 06-19-2013, 08:31 PM   #68

Quote:

No. The last orders for 2014's would be November 2013.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:37 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:

No. The last orders for 2014's would be November 2013.
That really doesn't make any sense. So your saying the last new 2014 one can order is in November 2013???? So, I can't order a new 2014 model In the year 2014. That doesn't sound right. I find it hard to believe that I couldn't order myself a 2014 model in January or May of 2014.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:48 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That really doesn't make any sense. So your saying the last new 2014 one can order is in November 2013???? So, I can't order a new 2014 model In the year 2014. That doesn't sound right. I find it hard to believe that I couldn't order myself a 2014 model in January or May of 2014.
That's correct. Orders for the 15's start soon after. But you may find one on a Lot after the 15s come out.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)