Release of 2015 Mustang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Release of 2015 Mustang

Do you guys think that Ford will release information, specs, etc on the Mustang in the fall when most new cars are released or do you think that they're going to wait till April for the 50th anniversary?

I am pulling my hair out over waiting. I want to pull the trigger on a '13, but want to wait and see about the body style and engine options for '15. Ugh...
tgmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2013, 07:55 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
You'll just get people's guess's the only ones who know are those who are in the industry
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:52 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmeyer View Post
Do you guys think that Ford will release information, specs, etc on the Mustang in the fall when most new cars are released or do you think that they're going to wait till April for the 50th anniversary?

I am pulling my hair out over waiting. I want to pull the trigger on a '13, but want to wait and see about the body style and engine options for '15. Ugh...
Bro. Hold out. Were so close. People will be dumping there 2013's and 2014's once the 15 model comes out. People will be desperate to sell so they can be the few who will own the new design mustang. You can steal the car for an amazing cheap price. You will be able to smell the desperation of people selling there 13 and 14 models like a sweet odor. Why buy a 13 Gt now when you can wait a year, have a 13 model for 10 k less with no milage on it.

You can always buy the 15 model but were so close. Hold on buddy. You will be in the drivers seat.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2013, 09:46 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I just pulled the trigger... But then again I didn't have a car for myself at the time
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:49 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordito View Post
I just pulled the trigger... But then again I didn't have a car for myself at the time
Well that's different if you don't already have a car. Congrats bro. What you buy?
Old 06-12-2013, 11:52 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Well that's different if you don't already have a car. Congrats bro. What you buy?
The 2013 GT on my avatar picture Back on 4/20, bought it with 130ish miles and today it has like 1300.. Paid too much, but I was desperate..
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:51 AM   #7
God
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
i have a 2015 mustang. ...in need for speed
Old 06-13-2013, 01:59 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Bro. Hold out. Were so close. People will be dumping there 2013's and 2014's once the 15 model comes out. People will be desperate to sell so they can be the few who will own the new design mustang. You can steal the car for an amazing cheap price. You will be able to smell the desperation of people selling there 13 and 14 models like a sweet odor. Why buy a 13 Gt now when you can wait a year, have a 13 model for 10 k less with no milage on it.

You can always buy the 15 model but were so close. Hold on buddy. You will be in the drivers seat.
That is not true at all. Maybe a few will upgrade to the 15, but not everyone is going to be dumping there 13s and 14s. In fact, most wont. A lot of people like the current generation, and we know nothing about the next generation. The price of the 14 from Fords website will drop a few grand, as usual when a new model comes out, but it wont be like lots are full of used ones from previous owners who want to get rid of a new car just to get the "best new thing"
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:01 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz View Post

That is not true at all. Maybe a few will upgrade to the 15, but not everyone is going to be dumping there 13s and 14s. In fact, most wont. A lot of people like the current generation, and we know nothing about the next generation. The price of the 14 from Fords website will drop a few grand, as usual when a new model comes out, but it wont be like lots are full of used ones from previous owners who want to get rid of a new car just to get the "best new thing"
People love to get the newest, latest and greatest. If the 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14 owners love the 2015 model when it comes out, large amounts of people will be getting rid of the older and in with the new. People love being the first to say they owned the first batch of new generation mustangs. Its like heroin to a drug addict. People will be jumping ship to sell there 13 and 14 models with little millage just to buy the 15 model because its all new. Its not like going from a 13 to a 14 model. Not huge change but the 15 is going to be way different, some good, some not good but totally different than the retro generation stangs. People will stink from desperation to sell there sweet retro generation stangs with all there sweet mods and for a steal of a price.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:19 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Next Detroit auto show will reveal all in January 2014 , from what I have gathered they are going with a euro , asian look I think I'll be keeping mine.
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:28 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
Next Detroit auto show will reveal all in January 2014 , from what I have gathered they are going with a euro , asian look I think I'll be keeping mine.
Ford is never going to make everybody happy but there will be a huge increase of retro stangs for sale once the 15 model is out selling. One can get a great deal on a pre owned, 5.0 retro stang with little miles on it once the 15 model hits the streets.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:06 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
People love to get the newest, latest and greatest. If the 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14 owners love the 2015 model when it comes out, large amounts of people will be getting rid of the older and in with the new. People love being the first to say they owned the first batch of new generation mustangs. Its like heroin to a drug addict. People will be jumping ship to sell there 13 and 14 models with little millage just to buy the 15 model because its all new. Its not like going from a 13 to a 14 model. Not huge change but the 15 is going to be way different, some good, some not good but totally different than the retro generation stangs. People will stink from desperation to sell there sweet retro generation stangs with all there sweet mods and for a steal of a price.
I disagree. I see two 4th generation stangs for every 5th generation I see. People wont sell and shell out 40 grand just to beat everyone else. You might, but the majority of current mustang owners will not. Especially if they just bought there 13 or 14
Old 06-13-2013, 10:25 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

Only way I'd trade my 12 is if they put a 460 in it, and we know that's no happening. There will be a few that needs the latest an greatest tho. Just like ppl trading ther 11-12 for the current style all over a fugly set of tail lights.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I disagree. I see two 4th generation stangs for every 5th generation I see. People wont sell and shell out 40 grand just to beat everyone else. You might, but the majority of current mustang owners will not. Especially if they just bought there 13 or 14
Oh, I won't be. I'm keeping my 11. I love my retro stang. Very happy. Lol
Old 06-14-2013, 08:19 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Today in Northern California I passed a beautiful semi truck with Shelby mustang painted on the side and a 50 year emblem painted in the side as well. How exciting! I was wondering if it had any anniversary ponies inside

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

Quote:

I agree I was not a huge fan of the mustang until this new generation came out. Honestly I can't imagine loving any car over my current baby. I'm excited to see what they got but I'm not dumping my 2014 any time soon
Old 06-14-2013, 08:19 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang lulu View Post
Today in Northern California I passed a beautiful semi truck with Shelby mustang painted on the side and a 50 year emblem painted in the side as well. How exciting! I was wondering if it had any anniversary ponies inside
In California? Most likely not, Ford does all of their testing in Detroit.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:27 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:

In California? Most likely not, Ford does all of their testing in Detroit.
Well thats probably why it was on a truck then bud.... But ya i have to agree its a little hard to believe since most company's when their testing try to be pretty hush hush about their new car... Not by putting decals all over the truck thats carrying them
LaserRedstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:03 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserRedstang View Post

Well thats probably why it was on a truck then bud.... But ya i have to agree its a little hard to believe since most company's when their testing try to be pretty hush hush about their new car... Not by putting decals all over the truck thats carrying them
Unless they were testing at Laguna Seca.......
crackhutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:25 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackhutch View Post

True true
LaserRedstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:40 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordito View Post
The 2013 GT on my avatar picture Back on 4/20, bought it with 130ish miles and today it has like 1300.. Paid too much, but I was desperate..
Keep it ten years and it won't have been too much money.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:26 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I didn't want to chance the 2015's looking like this. That's why I went ahead and bought my 2014 5.0
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-829092146.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	114559  
GT fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:43 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT fanatic View Post
I didn't want to chance the 2015's looking like this. That's why I went ahead and bought my 2014 5.0
I don't mean to be rude, but that's a horrible reason to buy a car.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:11 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:

not at all, a lot of people like the body style of the 05-09 rather than the 10-14 it's all personal preference !
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:18 AM   #24
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

Oh yeah? Well I bought my mustang because I felt like it. That's right, a wild hair poked strait outa my *** and I marched over to the Ford dealer and traded my super crew F150 for a tiny muscle car. I never gave two ****s about a mustang before that.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:20 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by acornsmoke View Post
not at all, a lot of people like the body style of the 05-09 rather than the 10-14 it's all personal preference !
The way he worded it, it sounded like he bought it based off of a false render. That is what I was referring to when I said bad idea. Waiting would have been my choice, so I could see the 15, and if I didn't like it, then I could get the 14 at a cheaper price.

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
Oh yeah? Well I bought my mustang because I felt like it. That's right, a wild hair poked strait outa my *** and I marched over to the Ford dealer and traded my super crew F150 for a tiny muscle car. I never gave two ****s about a mustang before that.
lol
Old 06-18-2013, 04:31 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Heck, my 2012 3.7 only has 15,500 miles, barely broke in. I'm in no hurry to trade up.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:03 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The way he worded it, it sounded like he bought it based off of a false render. That is what I was referring to when I said bad idea. Waiting would have been my choice, so I could see the 15, and if I didn't like it, then I could get the 14 at a cheaper price.

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 AM ----------

lol
I totally agree. At this point being so close to the 2015 model, I would of just waited to see exactly what it looks like and the true specs. Its all rumors now. I would not buy a current mustang now so close to the new 2015 model. You will loose big time should you buy a 14 , fall in love with the 2015 model and want to trade your 14 model in which thousands of people will do.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:30 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I totally agree. At this point being so close to the 2015 model, I would of just waited to see exactly what it looks like and the true specs. Its all rumors now. I would not buy a current mustang now so close to the new 2015 model. You will loose big time should you buy a 14 , fall in love with the 2015 model and want to trade your 14 model in which thousands of people will do.
But if the 15 is a piece and most people don't like them. They'll all try to buy the 14 and he'll be a genius.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:29 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post
But if the 15 is a piece and most people don't like them. They'll all try to buy the 14 and he'll be a genius.
Not really, he still would be paying a few grand to have it one year earlier. The 14 will go down in price as soon as the 15 is released. So if he doesn't like the 15, he can still get a new 14, at a cheaper price.

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioAl View Post
Heck, my 2012 3.7 only has 15,500 miles, barely broke in. I'm in no hurry to trade up.
My 2013 only has 5,000 miles on it, and I've had it for almost a year now. (I don't drive that much)
Old 06-18-2013, 01:25 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I was gonna buy a stang anyways, but I didn't want to wait that long and for it to look like that
Old 06-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Well I sure as hell wont be dumping my 13 for the 15. I like the new body styles and very happy with em. I dont think ford will change them that much that I will feel the need I gotta have it. Plus I wanna keep this one for one of my kids. Waaaay down the road.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangchassy View Post
Well I sure as hell wont be dumping my 13 for the 15. I like the new body styles and very happy with em. I dont think ford will change them that much that I will feel the need I gotta have it. Plus I wanna keep this one for one of my kids. Waaaay down the road.
I agree, I love the 13-14 body style I would never trade it for anything
Old 06-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackhutch View Post

Should of taken a photo. Just couldn't peel my eyes off the truck was looking for clues
Old 06-18-2013, 07:01 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post

You can always buy a 2014 model. Someone will always be selling it to get a 2015 model. If the 2015 model is really not different, then just buy a 14 model for thousands less. How can it not be different if Ford is going away from the retro model design? It will be different.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:25 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT fanatic View Post

I agree, I love the 13-14 body style I would never trade it for anything
I agree! I'm so emotionally vested in this car that it doesn't even matter what Ford does with the new pony . I already have the best car

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)