First 2015 Ford Mustang (s550) Full Prototype on Video! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-11-2013, 12:11 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
It is funny. People have no clue on what the 2015 stang looks like or the power it will have but everybody the 13 is way better. How about we wait to see when Ford releases the actual 2015 stang and then make your opinion on it. Right now, its all rumor and crap out.
Honestly I think the people saying their '13 will be better than the '15 are the people who end up with sentimental value in it. If i were them and i spent money on my '13 to make it my own then i would be saying the same thing

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2013, 12:33 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostedmind View Post

Honestly I think the people saying their '13 will be better than the '15 are the people who end up with sentimental value in it. If i were them and i spent money on my '13 to make it my own then i would be saying the same thing
Better is relative term to the individual using it. The only reason I have any concerns about the next gen stang is because it is the first made for a global market. There has to be some sort of paradigm shift involved with that. It's literally the first time ever that our cars are being designed with another culture in mind. Who really knows how it will turn out. It'll certainly make a ton of power and have great numbers, but it could also feel very foreign in execution. Who knows...
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:40 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostedmind View Post

I disagree somewhat... I had a lot of mods into my 08 and it was sentimental and I still miss it to this day, first mustang and all first manual car...

I saved up for a supercharger and used it as down payment on the 5.0 when it came out.

Now since the 08 was a v6 you could argue that the power increase swayed me and its hard for me to say wether or not I would have gone from a 08 v8 to an 11 v8 or not at that time.

However, now things are different and I have found that its better to buy the first version of a car like the mustang every time and trade the previous model in on it if you want to stay current and keep the best resale value. Waiting to buy a 13 or 14 seems like a bad idea to me when the 15 is right around the corner. Ford hasn't disappointed in a long time, they're on a roll with their whole lineup.

Next year is goin to be awesome.

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post

Better is relative term to the individual using it. The only reason I have any concerns about the next gen stang is because it is the first made for a global market. There has to be some sort of paradigm shift involved with that. It's literally the first time ever that our cars are being designed with another culture in mind. Who really knows how it will turn out. It'll certainly make a ton of power and have great numbers, but it could also feel very foreign in execution. Who knows...
That's an excellent and valid point, but of the 5 countries I have been to outside of the US I have seen an imported mustang in all of them including England where the roads aren't even big enough lol.

I don't think ford wants a global car I think the world wants an American car.

But I could be wrong, time will tell.

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
Who here is actually planning on buying a '15?
I don't think it'll suck. It might take a little time to accept the change. I know even after I bought my '11 I wasn't thrilled about the shape of the rear end but it grew on me.
Me, I agree about the 11 too, my fav is the 07 Shelby gt-h and the closet thing an 11 has come to winning me over is the cervinis version but rather than invest in that, ill get a 15 probably at the end if the year when the price drops like I did with my 11.

I figure I only really have to invest in a spoiler. No one will see the front
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2013, 12:43 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post

I disagree somewhat... I had a lot of mods into my 08 and it was sentimental and I still miss it to this day, first mustang and all first manual car...

I saved up for a supercharger and used it as down payment on the 5.0 when it came out.

Now since the 08 was a v6 you could argue that the power increase swayed me and its hard for me to say wether or not I would have gone from a 08 v8 to an 11 v8 or not at that time.

However, now things are different and I have found that its better to buy the first version of a car like the mustang every time and trade the previous model in on it if you want to stay current and keep the best resale value. Waiting to buy a 13 or 14 seems like a bad idea to me when the 15 is right around the corner. Ford hasn't disappointed in a long time, they're on a roll with their whole lineup.

Next year is goin to be awesome.

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

That's an excellent and valid point, but of the 5 countries I have been to outside of the US I have seen an imported mustang in all of them including England where the roads aren't even big enough lol.

I don't think ford wants a global car I think the world wants an American car.

But I could be wrong, time will tell.
Well said
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:46 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
It's all about the unknown and something new. The S197 had almost same impact as the original lineup, it brought back the camaro and challenger from the dead.
Since its all unknown, we tend to nitpick, like motor trend complaining about cup holders.
The euro angle is what scares me and causes me to lean towards it getting screwed up. But hopefully it'll be awesome and beat out camaro's.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:43 AM   #41

You cant tell with the camo on it but looks like they have something underneath it on the rear of the roof to throw us off from seeing its more of a fastback design.
2009 Shelby GT500 Vapor Metallic Silver w/Ebony Stripes, 20" Vertini Monaco Rims, Falken 452s, Air Lift Suspension, TruCarbon Venom hood, TruCarbon Super Snake Splitter, OPP 1/4 pop out windows, Full MagnaFlow Exhaust, Reichard Racing Billet 2.65 SC Pulley, 12# Boost, JLT CF CAI, NXT Hood Lifts, 8000K HID head/fog lights, smoked turn signals and rear taillights, Billet Pro Shop's Perforated head/fog light tint, Seq. taillights. (553hp/530tq) tuned
2001 Cobra Vert. #1439/3384 (Getting full race build)
Cobra Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:08 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Neat video, but its so hard to picture for me with just the overlay fabric...can't wait to see it for real.
Nanu57v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:31 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Drifter View Post
You cant tell with the camo on it but looks like they have something underneath it on the rear of the roof to throw us off from seeing its more of a fastback design.
They have padding over the entire length of the roof to throw us off of the true roof line, they also have a fake front and rear bumper on to cover up the tail and front lights.
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:46 PM   #44

Yea and people are saying it doesn't look any different but they don't look closely as we do and see there is big changes
2009 Shelby GT500 Vapor Metallic Silver w/Ebony Stripes, 20" Vertini Monaco Rims, Falken 452s, Air Lift Suspension, TruCarbon Venom hood, TruCarbon Super Snake Splitter, OPP 1/4 pop out windows, Full MagnaFlow Exhaust, Reichard Racing Billet 2.65 SC Pulley, 12# Boost, JLT CF CAI, NXT Hood Lifts, 8000K HID head/fog lights, smoked turn signals and rear taillights, Billet Pro Shop's Perforated head/fog light tint, Seq. taillights. (553hp/530tq) tuned
2001 Cobra Vert. #1439/3384 (Getting full race build)
Cobra Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz View Post

They have padding over the entire length of the roof to throw us off of the true roof line, they also have a fake front and rear bumper on to cover up the tail and front lights.
+1
Stangin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:59 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Nice video!!!!
mustangmaniac06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:25 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
hard to tell from the video but I can wait to see this thing revealed
ErikMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
i know well all be surprised when it comes out
Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Front sway bar Bushings
andregayola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:53 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
So excited to see the 15!!! In the videos it sounds amazing!!
Maraqt101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:39 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/8...tml/?a=viewall
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_james123 View Post
That render does look like a stylized S197 IMO, which isn't a terrible thing!
JKLiNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:57 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_james123 View Post
LOL! I looked at the picture under the title and was like "EW!" But that was the wrong car, thankfully.
Nanu57v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:04 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
This car is gonna look soooo badass. Any word from Ford on the 4cyl 2015 Stangs?

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

Like is it still a rumor?
sebasflorez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:55 PM   #54
Icy
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebasflorez View Post
This car is gonna look soooo badass. Any word from Ford on the 4cyl 2015 Stangs?

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

Like is it still a rumor?
Nope, the 4 cylinder is one of the few things they did confirm.

Should be a big seller, at least in Europe.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:22 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post

Nope, the 4 cylinder is one of the few things they did confirm.

Should be a big seller, at least in Europe.
IMO the 4cyl kinda takes away from it being a sports car you know? It makes the car into kind of a ricer type.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
IMO the 4cyl kinda takes away from it being a sports car you know? It makes the car into kind of a ricer type.
Not really, a 4cyl turbo can put out a lot of power.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:15 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Not really, a 4cyl turbo can put out a lot of power.
But when you hear it drive by it'll just sound like any other ricer
Old 07-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

But when you hear it drive by it'll just sound like any other ricer
Different strokes for different folks I guess. I love me a rumbly, lopey V8 but I'd take a tuned I4 over most domestic tuned V6s any day of the week.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:00 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKLiNx View Post
I'd take a tuned I4 over most domestic tuned V6s any day of the week.
Said nobody.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Said nobody.
*shrugs* I've heard plenty of tuned VWs and Subarus (mmm boxer) that sound a hell of a lot better than your typical Civic with a fart can installed, and heard my fair share of "tuned" V6s that just try too hard to be V8s and fail epically
Old 07-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Said nobody.
+1
Old 07-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

They should bring back this rear end theme, taillights and etc, or fastback option
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2311963274.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	120616
Old 07-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKLiNx View Post
*shrugs* I've heard plenty of tuned VWs and Subarus (mmm boxer) that sound a hell of a lot better than your typical Civic with a fart can installed, and heard my fair share of "tuned" V6s that just try too hard to be V8s and fail epically
It's attitudes like this that tear the Mustang community apart. It's really immature when people bash on v6's. We need to bash on Camaros, not each other.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It's attitudes like this that tear the Mustang community apart. It's really immature when people bash on v6's. We need to bash on Camaros, not each other.
Exactly. I'm simply saying I do not think I4's really fit a Mustang. No matter how much power you can get out of one, it's meant to be a sports car, V6 or V8, not an economy car
Old 07-26-2013, 02:22 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

All personal preference, I owned a 04 v6 before my gt now. It was nice little car, but I won't go back to one now.
I'd like to talk to sum of the camaro guys that were mustang owners before but went with the crap box instead? Hear the reason why they trading stang in for it or whatever it is...
I'm not gonna lie I'd take a 67-69 camaro any day. Love that Look. But any year after that can take a jump off a cliff
Old 07-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #66
Icy
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Exactly. I'm simply saying I do not think I4's really fit a Mustang. No matter how much power you can get out of one, it's meant to be a sports car, V6 or V8, not an economy car
Saying a 4 cylinder doesn't belong in a Mustang is completely ignoring its history. The SVO was an engineering marvel, purpose built, and one of the best performing cars of its time, outperforming even the GT. For the next one, a 300-350hp tune, ~200lbs lighter with better weight distribution and a good torque curve?

Considering how great it will perform, I'm not sure how anyone can say that doesn't fit a Mustang.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:45 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

What he said ^^^ The SVO was an amazing car.
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:33 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post

Saying a 4 cylinder doesn't belong in a Mustang is completely ignoring its history. The SVO was an engineering marvel, purpose built, and one of the best performing cars of its time, outperforming even the GT. For the next one, a 300-350hp tune, ~200lbs lighter with better weight distribution and a good torque curve?

Considering how great it will perform, I'm not sure how anyone can say that doesn't fit a Mustang.
It is my opinion, there are already great I4 cars, Imprezas, Evos, and the new Scion FRS's. I simply think apart from SVO's from 84-86 Mustang has always been offered in only V6 and V8 and they should've kept it that way. But that's my opinion, you're free to think anything you want. I'll be driving my big V8, rumbling down the road.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:40 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It is my opinion, there are already great I4 cars, Imprezas, Evos, and the new Scion FRS's. I simply think apart from SVO's from 84-86 Mustang has always been offered in only V6 and V8 and they should've kept it that way. But that's my opinion, you're free to think anything you want. I'll be driving my big V8, rumbling down the road.
Sure, and that 4 might be able to be better built to carve canyon roads with a better weight balance. They were offering 4 cylinders in Mustangs before the 84-86 SVOs. Just because a Mustang is a 4 cylinder doesn't mean it's "rice" like someone else in the thread said.

But of course, if you want the V8, then buy the V8, just don't talk smack about those that don't necessarily need as much power and want something with better weight balance (and fuel mileage).
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:57 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I...I don't even know where to begin......

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFish View Post
But of course, if you want the V8, then buy the V8, just don't talk smack about those that don't necessarily need as much power and want something with better weight balance (and fuel mileage).
+10000

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)