2015 V6 Power..? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-24-2013, 07:33 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
2015 V6 Power..?

What do you think the V6 Stang will have for power? I am looking to pull the trigger on a used Grabber Blue 13-14 V6 performance package, MCA Edition in the spring (late enough so the 15's will be able to be ordered or specs revealed) and I'm just fearful that the '15 V6 will be a huge upgrade in power and mileage that the 13's 3.7 liter will be "under-powered"..

What do you guys think? I don't care for the IRS, (sure it'll be nice, but not making a big deal over it), but I'm sure the Mustangs will be outfitted with direct injection and other new technologies of fuel efficiency, as well as upgraded power output.

Whats your .02 on what I should do
tgmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2013, 07:57 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
maybe maybe not. if the price is right get the car. They are fun to drive regardless.
Nyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
As someone who has a '14 on order, I have seriously considered what the '15 will have. My guess is maybe 15 - 25 hp more (320 - 330), about the same increase for torque and about 10% better economy from the powertrain. Then supposedly the '15 is going to be smaller and lighter with a better coefficient of drag. So all in all, if these are true, I expect the new 3.7 stang to go 0-60 in 5.1 or better, run the 1/4 in 13.5 or less @ 105+ Mph and get 35Mpg highway.

Or it could be roughly the same as it currently is but ride better. Have they confirmed a V6 stang for 2015? All I have heard is yes to an ecoboost 4 (at least for Europe) and the 5.0.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2013, 03:19 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
my guess would be less HP, better fuel economy, more tech and an overall more rice-burner, less muscley look. they want to make these newer mustangs "Global" friendly. this means a car that would appeal to Europeans and Asians. i suspect the 5.0 will be a faster car than the 2014 (supposed 450 Hp up from the current 420hp) but im suspecting a bigger price tag on it as they are dropping the Shelby from their top line up.
crev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:29 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
As someone who has a '14 on order, I have seriously considered what the '15 will have. My guess is maybe 15 - 25 hp more (320 - 330), about the same increase for torque and about 10% better economy from the powertrain. Then supposedly the '15 is going to be smaller and lighter with a better coefficient of drag. So all in all, if these are true, I expect the new 3.7 stang to go 0-60 in 5.1 or better, run the 1/4 in 13.5 or less @ 105+ Mph and get 35Mpg highway.

Or it could be roughly the same as it currently is but ride better. Have they confirmed a V6 stang for 2015? All I have heard is yes to an ecoboost 4 (at least for Europe) and the 5.0.
I heard it was 450hp. And I hate to get off topic but how would you order the 14? I would like to order the 15. But idk how. Its probably not available yet, but I would like to know now so I can know for the future.
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:52 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

just go to a ford dealership and tell them you want to build a car. they will give you a catalog to go threw and pick different packages. you can also do it at Ford – New Cars, Trucks, SUVs, Hybrids & Crossovers | Ford Vehicles Just go to models, click the mustang then click "build your own" your specs will get sent to the nearest ford dealers and they will give you quotes. mine ended up being 4k less than MSRP due to competing dealerships.

You cant pre-order a 2015 yet though. Also the V4 will have 350hp and 300lb of torque, its supercharged
Old 08-14-2013, 05:16 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by crev View Post
just go to a ford dealership and tell them you want to build a car. they will give you a catalog to go threw and pick different packages. you can also do it at Ford – New Cars, Trucks, SUVs, Hybrids & Crossovers | Ford Vehicles Just go to models, click the mustang then click "build your own" your specs will get sent to the nearest ford dealers and they will give you quotes. mine ended up being 4k less than MSRP due to competing dealerships.

You cant pre-order a 2015 yet though. Also the V4 will have 350hp and 300lb of torque, its supercharged
Oh and this is my first car I will be buying so how much did you pay for the 2014? I know you have to pay a monthly fee and I pay no bills but I have to start saving now and would like know how much I have to pay before that.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:03 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

i got a GT premium not a V6. if you go to the ford website and build one at the end it will give you an MSRP (Manufacturer suggested retail price) for the car. if you then put in your email and Zip it will send out the specs on the car you created to the nearest dealers who will then email you with quotes. my guess though your V6 will probably cost around 25,000
Old 08-14-2013, 10:16 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
i got a GT premium not a V6. if you go to the ford website and build one at the end it will give you an MSRP (Manufacturer suggested retail price) for the car. if you then put in your email and Zip it will send out the specs on the car you created to the nearest dealers who will then email you with quotes. my guess though your V6 will probably cost around 25,000
That's not bad! But I'm sorry I tend to ask you a question and mean something else. My question was really a noob one. I made a 2013 mustang on the website but I didn't see one for the 2014. It costed 23,000. I was asking is the price really like 57,000 but you pay 23,000 upfront and like 500 a month afterward? Or do you pay 2000 as a premium and pay each month until you get up to 23000?
Old 08-15-2013, 06:01 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by clflorida View Post
That's not bad! But I'm sorry I tend to ask you a question and mean something else. My question was really a noob one. I made a 2013 mustang on the website but I didn't see one for the 2014. It costed 23,000. I was asking is the price really like 57,000 but you pay 23,000 upfront and like 500 a month afterward? Or do you pay 2000 as a premium and pay each month until you get up to 23000?
No, the price is the total price. You can pay it all in cash or you can finance it with monthly payments. You can't build a 2013 now, only 2014's. The build program on the Ford site can be misleading. For example, it will allow you to add a $154 security alarm but in reality that would only come with a much more expensive package from the factory, or the dealer would have to add it on after it arrives.
Starsky007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:37 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It will be an I4 (not a V4) and it's turbocharged, not supercharged.
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:10 PM   #12
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmeyer View Post
According to the American muscle write up. The V6 will still be the base motor and probably still 305hp . The eco 4 will have about 350hp maybe a little more and the 5.0 450-475hp.

Now my .02 cents on what you should do...

If you can swing it get a 5.0. Why? I think we will be seeing an end to the V8 in the future. Ford is making the Mustang smaller and lighter. I believe the eco 6 will soon be the GT's new motor. V8's will be the thing of the past. That, I hope is not true!!! But if it does happen. I'm so happy I have a 5.0!!!
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:04 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to tedness
I feel like they need to boost the base model's numbers to keep people away from a base model Camaro, which as of MY14 will have 354hp.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:24 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I think the v6 will be higher than the eco. 4cyl I'm expecting to be around 300, while the v6 gets bumped up to around 330sh and the GT at around 440.

The eco will not be above the v6 in regards of power simply because that would make the v6 completely obsolete. What would be the point in the v6 if you could get a better car that has more power and gets better mpg? You wouldn't! So the v6 will get a nice boost in hp for the 15 while the 4cyl comes in just behind for those who want the look of a mustang with the mpg of an eco car.
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:08 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz View Post
I think the v6 will be higher than the eco. 4cyl I'm expecting to be around 300, while the v6 gets bumped up to around 330sh and the GT at around 440.

The eco will not be above the v6 in regards of power simply because that would make the v6 completely obsolete. What would be the point in the v6 if you could get a better car that has more power and gets better mpg? You wouldn't! So the v6 will get a nice boost in hp for the 15 while the 4cyl comes in just behind for those who want the look of a mustang with the mpg of an eco car.
Im assuming the V6 will be the base and the 4cyl will be above it. The ecoboost engines are always an option above naturally aspirated engines. The V6 will have better HP probably, but I don't know about torque. Turbos add a bunch! Excited to see what comes out, but not a huge fan of the 15's style.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
The current Eco boost 6cyl is what they should put in them!
03GT88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:22 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03GT88 View Post
The current Eco boost 6cyl is what they should put in them!
Yea those are nice
Pmac21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:03 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

If they get rid of the v8 motor In a mustang, that will be a disgrace to the past and history of mustangs IMO.
JB_MUSTANG_V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:16 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_MUSTANG_V6 View Post
If they get rid of the v8 motor In a mustang, that will be a disgrace to the past and history of mustangs IMO.
They aren't going to ditch the V8. Hell would split wide open from all Mustang enthusiasts as they marched over to Flat Rock, Michigan and burnt down the assembly line. Haha
Old 08-30-2013, 08:16 PM   #20

Region: Ohio
Quote:
They aren't going to ditch the V8. Hell would split wide open from all Mustang enthusiasts as they marched over to Flat Rock, Michigan and burnt down the assembly line. Haha
I agree, Ford tried that once before back in the day and people freaked out. But with the EPA pushing down minimum MPG ratings across the fleet of cars, we'll definitely see more fuel efficient V8's in the future. Perhaps the return to a smaller block, or maybe just more wizardry such as cylinder deactivation at cruising to boost the highway ratings.

The V6 on the other hand, may become obsolete with the ecoboost I-4 coming out though. Less weight and more power, with a ton more room for modding upping the boost and so on just from tuning alone, now that will be interesting.
Uncle Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:34 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Biting my tongue right now, I don't want to get anyone fired. :/
Old 08-31-2013, 06:50 PM   #22
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:

^True

V8 is the only way I'd have a Mustang. I don't dislike the V6 stangs, it's just not what I like.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:03 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rusty View Post

I agree, Ford tried that once before back in the day and people freaked out. But with the EPA pushing down minimum MPG ratings across the fleet of cars, we'll definitely see more fuel efficient V8's in the future. Perhaps the return to a smaller block, or maybe just more wizardry such as cylinder deactivation at cruising to boost the highway ratings.

The V6 on the other hand, may become obsolete with the ecoboost I-4 coming out though. Less weight and more power, with a ton more room for modding upping the boost and so on just from tuning alone, now that will be interesting.
Let the V6 go obsolete. If the 4 banger turbo is more powerful and had 350 HP bring it on. Fast is fast and this cat couldn't give a hoot.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:13 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What do you think the V6 Stang will have for power? I am looking to pull the trigger on a used Grabber Blue 13-14 V6 performance package, MCA Edition in the spring (late enough so the 15's will be able to be ordered or specs revealed) and I'm just fearful that the '15 V6 will be a huge upgrade in power and mileage that the 13's 3.7 liter will be "under-powered"..

What do you guys think? I don't care for the IRS, (sure it'll be nice, but not making a big deal over it), but I'm sure the Mustangs will be outfitted with direct injection and other new technologies of fuel efficiency, as well as upgraded power output.

Get a !4 now. Give the 15 a couple of years to work out the bugs. If they put in an entirely different power plant, there will be problems with it. The aftermarket parts are still coming out for the newer V6s.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:14 PM   #25
Road Trip!

Region: New York
One thing is for sure the haters will never be able to call it a rustang again. Ford is using aluminum body panels as part of the 400 pound weight reduction.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:29 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
400 lbs. lighter, 30HP won't matter, it will be at 6000rpm. The weight loss is constant. If you like the style and the independent rear then pull the trigger on the 15. I have to see the new style and deal with that rear end. It better be bullet proof. If they break like the Camaro junk then it's a game changer. Independent rears suck for drag racing. Maybe an 8.8 will bolt in. NO, they ain't that smart.
Black12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:37 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

"400 pounds lighter" lol
Old 09-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You could worry about this for the next 6 months, Or, you could get a Mustang and start driving it, Or, the new Mustangs come out and everyone that bought one has problems with it, Or, they will be 100 more hp on the V6's and get 75 mpg in the city and 100 mpg on the highway, Or, People will think your NUTS worrying about something you have no control over, Or, you can commit yourself voluntarily and no one will ever hear from you again, Or, CONTINUE AT YOUR OWN RISK....
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:21 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

You could worry about this for the next 6 months, Or, you could get a Mustang and start driving it, Or, the new Mustangs come out and everyone that bought one has problems with it, Or, they will be 100 more hp on the V6's and get 75 mpg in the city and 100 mpg on the highway, Or, People will think your NUTS worrying about something you have no control over, Or, you can commit yourself voluntarily and no one will ever hear from you again, Or, CONTINUE AT YOUR OWN RISK....
I would just buy a used 13 or 14 now and should you fall in love with the 15 because it has 100 more HP in its v6, go leave your current car open and unlocked in Baltimore. You won't have a 13 anymore. Lmao
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #30
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
According to the American muscle write up. The V6 will still be the base motor and probably still 305hp . The eco 4 will have about 350hp maybe a little more and the 5.0 450-475hp.

Now my .02 cents on what you should do...

If you can swing it get a 5.0. Why? I think we will be seeing an end to the V8 in the future. Ford is making the Mustang smaller and lighter. I believe the eco 6 will soon be the GT's new motor. V8's will be the thing of the past. That, I hope is not true!!! But if it does happen. I'm so happy I have a 5.0!!!
The only way you'll see the V8 go away is if the "other" two do away with their V8's. It won't happen. We are in a new muscle car war between the big three, and the V8 is the power house.

I'm suprised that the 4 banger will put out more than the V6 in stack form. It's as if Ford is forcing the V6 out, and not the V8.

My concern with the 2015's and beyond are th lokks. It seems Ford is making our Mustang look a bit like a Fusion in the front end. I bought a 2011 Mustang because they (Ford designers) did such a great job with the retro looks. I understand that you cannot make a model design forever, and must change the style somewhat. Until I see the new design for real and upfront, I'll hold onto my 2011.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:39 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black12 View Post
400 lbs. lighter, 30HP won't matter, it will be at 6000rpm. The weight loss is constant. If you like the style and the independent rear then pull the trigger on the 15. I have to see the new style and deal with that rear end. It better be bullet proof. If they break like the Camaro junk then it's a game changer. Independent rears suck for drag racing. Maybe an 8.8 will bolt in. NO, they ain't that smart.
I love mustangs and like your enthusiasm but camaros arent junk cars and Chevy picked IRS because they were aiming for somthing different then just a straight line car (not saying the new mustangs are) but still I actually like the new technology camaros have and the only reason the s197 platform didn't have IRS is because it was cheaper for ford to make and at the time ford wasn't in a good spot with money. I think that the new mustangs IRS will be great
Old 09-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #32
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013mustang5.0 View Post
I love mustangs and like your enthusiasm but camaros arent junk cars and Chevy picked IRS because they were aiming for somthing different then just a straight line car (not saying the new mustangs are) but still I actually like the new technology camaros have and the only reason the s197 platform didn't have IRS is because it was cheaper for ford to make and at the time ford wasn't in a good spot with money. I think that the new mustangs IRS will be great
Meh, it's a muscle car. It needs bad handling, that's what makes it fun. Muscle cars are supposed to be fun cars. Not super refined sporty cars.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:52 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black12 View Post
Let's be honest, the v6 won't have enough power to break an irs
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

I'll repeat myself in case anyone missed my last post.

"400 pounds lighter"
Old 09-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
The only way you'll see the V8 go away is if the "other" two do away with their V8's. It won't happen. We are in a new muscle car war between the big three, and the V8 is the power house.

I'm suprised that the 4 banger will put out more than the V6 in stack form. It's as if Ford is forcing the V6 out, and not the V8.

My concern with the 2015's and beyond are th lokks. It seems Ford is making our Mustang look a bit like a Fusion in the front end. I bought a 2011 Mustang because they (Ford designers) did such a great job with the retro looks. I understand that you cannot make a model design forever, and must change the style somewhat. Until I see the new design for real and upfront, I'll hold onto my 2011.
Let's watch gasoline prices. If they ever go past the $4.00 mark and end up at the $5.00 or more, V8's will get dumped and four cylinders will be coming out. I hope that doesn't happen but gas prices are higher now than they have ever been, thanks to our Greenbutt who is in charge. He definitely doesn't want to drill for gas.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)