4cyl Eco Boost spotted. - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-20-2013, 04:05 PM   #36
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azr2stang View Post
You guys need to have a little bit of compassion for this turbo thing. Fords TwinTurbo eco-boost in the F150s and some of the Lincoln cars is a great motor. With the right exhaust and proper gearing Ford may have a alternative to the supercharged V8. I'm definitely old-school but we do have to have some acceptance to the future.
No... Only some of us do have to except it...If the day comes the V8 is history I will continue to keep my '14 GT and if I have to. I will fabricate the parts to keep to keep it running... It's good to be a machinist!!!
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2013, 04:07 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmeyer View Post
The SVO was awesome, but they went to a 4cyl only cause there was an oil crisis and the needed something that would sell in that time.
Right, because gas is soooo cheap these days... And not everyone wants a Mustang to drag race... But this has all been said before and been ignored.
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:32 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFish View Post
Right, because gas is soooo cheap these days... And not everyone wants a Mustang to drag race... But this has all been said before and been ignored.
Can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not, because gas is actually incredible cheap these days. I don't know why so many people complain, move to Europe or Canada, then you'll really start complaining.
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2013, 05:00 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Gas looking at the whole world wise, is relatively on the inexpensive side. However the whole world is screwed up with "going green" and scared of drilling for oil. America needs to declare energy independence and quit buying oil from these middle east countries that are stealing American jobs and killing our soldiers. We have SO much oil in the US it isn't even funny! Use oil till it runs dry (coupled hundred years if not more), then start using nitrogen as our energy resource. Essentially an endless resource. Politics and stupidity has made living and resources so much harder.
tgmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:28 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Gas looking at the whole world wise, is relatively on the inexpensive side. However the whole world is screwed up with "going green" and scared of drilling for oil. America needs to declare energy independence and quit buying oil from these middle east countries that are stealing American jobs and killing our soldiers. We have SO much oil in the US it isn't even funny! Use oil till it runs dry (coupled hundred years if not more), then start using nitrogen as our energy resource. Essentially an endless resource. Politics and stupidity has made living and resources so much harder.
Well that escalated quickly.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
+10000000000

Well said

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:13 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz View Post

I'm a member, so I can answer that for you. The admin knows the spy photographers in Detroit, and it's the website that all car blogs refer to. Like Car and Driver, Motortrend, jalopnik and more. If you want the very latest updates on the 2015, Mustang6G is the place. I copy and paste a lot of the stuff from there over to here, since ME isn't as up to date about the 2015, and I know a lot of people are excited about it.
Mustang 6G just released the first pics of the 2015 with the front end revealed. That website is owned and operated by Ford.
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:54 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post
Mustang 6G just released the first pics of the 2015 with the front end revealed. That website is owned and operated by Ford.
It's rumored to. There's no hard evidence as of yet, just a lot of suspicious activity.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:44 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It's rumored to. There's no hard evidence as of yet, just a lot of suspicious activity.
I know. I started the rumor and you called me crazy. It's marketing
Old 08-21-2013, 01:48 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I know. I started the rumor and you called me crazy. It's marketing
Yeah, I didn't think it was until the last few rounds of spy shots came out. They seem a bit to staged to me. I did a domain look up for the site, see if I could find and owner. It's privately owned, (no name listed) but the address it's registered to is a UPS PO Box in Phoenix Arizona. Any idea what that might mean?
Old 08-21-2013, 07:21 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah, I didn't think it was until the last few rounds of spy shots came out. They seem a bit to staged to me. I did a domain look up for the site, see if I could find and owner. It's privately owned, (no name listed) but the address it's registered to is a UPS PO Box in Phoenix Arizona. Any idea what that might mean?
Doesn't Ford do all its testing out there. Maybe not all, but at least a fair bit of it
Old 08-21-2013, 07:22 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:

Doesn't Ford do all its testing out there. Maybe not all, but at least a fair bit of it
Maybe a fair bit especially when you consider hot weather testing, but we do have test facilities here in Dearborn (I've driven them).
JKLiNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:

I just think its odd. As an employee, I saw the '13 Fusion design (under NDA of course) back in late '09 / early '10, but we haven't seen even a glimpse of the Mustang, and yet there's speculation that 6G is ran by Ford? I don't buy it. Not yet at least.
JKLiNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKLiNx View Post

I just think its odd. As an employee, I saw the '13 Fusion design (under NDA of course) back in late '09 / early '10, but we haven't seen even a glimpse of the Mustang, and yet there's speculation that 6G is ran by Ford? I don't buy it. Not yet at least.
Guy who owns a Ford dealership comes into my restaurant. Claims he finally got to see the 15. Called it "unrecognizable compared to the 14." Wouldnt confirm or deny any of the pics I showed him. I've been asking him about it for 2 years and he claims he just saw it for the first time 2 weeks ago.

That website is absolutely in cahoots with Ford. They get everything first. Who are they and why do they get every single pic and vid first? And the videos look awful staged. Time will tell
Old 08-21-2013, 05:23 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Guy who owns a Ford dealership comes into my restaurant. Claims he finally got to see the 15. Called it "unrecognizable compared to the 14." Wouldnt confirm or deny any of the pics I showed him. I've been asking him about it for 2 years and he claims he just saw it for the first time 2 weeks ago.

That website is absolutely in cahoots with Ford. They get everything first. Who are they and why do they get every single pic and vid first? And the videos look awful staged. Time will tell
That guy is flat out lying to you. Multiple sources have stated that it looks very similar to the current generation. So for him to say that it's "unrecognizable compared to the 14" is simply not true.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:31 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That guy is flat out lying to you. Multiple sources have stated that it looks very similar to the current generation. So for him to say that it's "unrecognizable compared to the 14" is simply not true.
There isn't a whole lot in the latest leaked photos that looks like the 14. The entire front of the car is completely different. Having similar proportions and looking the same are not the same thing
Old 08-21-2013, 05:38 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
There isn't a whole lot in the latest leaked photos that looks like the 14. The entire front of the car is completely different. Having similar proportions and looking the same are not the same thing
*sigh*
Old 08-21-2013, 05:49 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

*sigh*
I'm sorry. I don't know what to tell you. My 13 looks nothing like that. The lines on the hood. The grille. It's all similar, but entirely different. If the back half changed as much as the front, it will wind up being shaped similarly, but looking nothing like, the current gen.

Your on 6g. Get those guys to give up a pic of the finished car. They must be done touching it up by now ; )

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

On a side note, he did offer to paint my rims, spoiler and vents black for me. What do you think?
Old 08-21-2013, 05:51 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm sorry. I don't know what to tell you. My 13 looks nothing like that. The lines on the hood. The grille. It's all similar, but entirely different. If the back half changed as much as the front, it will wind up being shaped similarly, but looking nothing like, the current gen.

Your on 6g. Get those guys to give up a pic of the finished car. They must be done touching it up by now ; )

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

On a side note, he did offer to paint my rims, spoiler and vents black for me. What do you think?
They have plenty of renders, but no one is going to post a picture of the finished car. All I can tell you is that it isn't as different from the current generation as everyone is thinking. Really, just picture a S197 blended with a S95. That is as close as I can describe it. The rear end will be awesome though.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:05 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

They have plenty of renders, but no one is going to post a picture of the finished car. All I can tell you is that it isn't as different from the current generation as everyone is thinking. Really, just picture a S197 blended with a S95. That is as close as I can describe it. The rear end will be awesome though.
I agree with you. If it looks like the renders 6g has, it's really not that different. I'm just passing along the opinion of the owner and gm of a massive Ford dealership.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:53 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
http://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/imag...ce-65986_1.jpg

Yep. Looks the same to me..
Old 08-30-2013, 08:02 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's another render. The hood is a bit off though.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)