4cyl Eco Boost spotted. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-02-2013, 12:25 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
4cyl Eco Boost spotted.

mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2013, 01:41 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Sounds odd to me. It would take a while to get used to hearing that from a Mustang. Only God knows what it will sound like with the exhaust done... Good vid
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:08 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
My prediction is stupid ricers r going to buymustangs n put fart cannons on it n take it to Honda meets
Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Front sway bar Bushings
andregayola is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2013, 11:10 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Sadly thats probably true
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:11 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
N then lower it give it that cameber n sticker bomb it
Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Front sway bar Bushings
andregayola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #6
Icy
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
That's definitely the whistle of the turbo and sounds like a 4-cyl. My friend has the 2.0L turbo and it sounds almost exactly like that.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:17 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
More s550 Mustang Prototypes spied at hotel - shows front splitter and some interior - 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (6th Generation Platform) - Mustang6G.com

These guys found a few more in Arizona in a parking lot. U can see some of the interior. Look at that steering wheel, some old school style.
Ricky35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:19 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
My wife's 1.6L Ecoboost sounds exactly the same... I love hearing that turbo spool and even if it isn't fast, it is still a hoot to drive. This should have more displacement (and thus power) so I'll at least give it a chance. Not like it's spelling the death of the V8 models or anything.
JKLiNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:37 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky35 View Post
More s550 Mustang Prototypes spied at hotel - shows front splitter and some interior - 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (6th Generation Platform) - Mustang6G.com

These guys found a few more in Arizona in a parking lot. U can see some of the interior. Look at that steering wheel, some old school style.
How does Mustang6g.com have all the new videos and photos. They are always first. Think its owned and operated by Ford?
Old 08-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by andregayola View Post
My prediction is stupid ricers r going to buymustangs n put fart cannons on it n take it to Honda meets
and we'll start seeing these mustangs riding high on 24 inch rims just like the old foxbodies.
Destro415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:58 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro415 View Post

and we'll start seeing these mustangs riding high on 24 inch rims just like the old foxbodies.
Don't forget that stupid "domo" thing all over them! Or my car is a v8 killer!

I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post
How does Mustang6g.com have all the new videos and photos. They are always first. Think its owned and operated by Ford?
I'm a member, so I can answer that for you. The admin knows the spy photographers in Detroit, and it's the website that all car blogs refer to. Like Car and Driver, Motortrend, jalopnik and more. If you want the very latest updates on the 2015, Mustang6G is the place. I copy and paste a lot of the stuff from there over to here, since ME isn't as up to date about the 2015, and I know a lot of people are excited about it.
Old 08-03-2013, 02:25 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

From the indentations of the front it's going to have that same huge open grill that all the other fords now have. I got a new Ford brochure in the mail and every Ford has the huge open grill, except the mustang. And now apparently they will also. It's a bit evoish.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 03:01 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post
From the indentations of the front it's going to have that same huge open grill that all the other fords now have. I got a new Ford brochure in the mail and every Ford has the huge open grill, except the mustang. And now apparently they will also. It's a bit evoish.
The front grill is a fake on the 2015
Old 08-03-2013, 02:27 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz View Post

I'm a member, so I can answer that for you. The admin knows the spy photographers in Detroit, and it's the website that all car blogs refer to. Like Car and Driver, Motortrend, jalopnik and more. If you want the very latest updates on the 2015, Mustang6G is the place. I copy and paste a lot of the stuff from there over to here, since ME isn't as up to date about the 2015, and I know a lot of people are excited about it.
Heard that, but its odd that its the only place to get news, and always the first place. It's odd that some random website, named after the 6th gen Stang, instantly becomes the go to for all the news. I still think its owned and operated by Ford, and they leak what they choose to. Didn't someone just post up a bunch of spy photos from Flagstaff, AZ? How did they get the scoop on that? Why are Motortrend and Car and Driver, the 2 biggest auto sites in the world, go to mustang6g.com for their news? All the vids and most the photos look awful staged nowadays.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:18 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:

Heard that, but its odd that its the only place to get news, and always the first place. It's odd that some random website, named after the 6th gen Stang, instantly becomes the go to for all the news. I still think its owned and operated by Ford, and they leak what they choose to. Didn't someone just post up a bunch of spy photos from Flagstaff, AZ? How did they get the scoop on that? Why are Motortrend and Car and Driver, the 2 biggest auto sites in the world, go to mustang6g.com for their news? All the vids and most the photos look awful staged nowadays.
Meh, I think you're over thinking this a smidge. Rumor/fan sites named after the generation if a car are pretty commonplace. Just look at all the Camaro news before it came out, was on Camaro5 or something like that, indicating the 5th generation.
JKLiNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:32 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It's a conspiracy!
Old 08-03-2013, 09:07 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It's a conspiracy!
It's not a conspiracy. It's marketing
Old 08-03-2013, 09:33 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It's not a conspiracy. It's marketing
That's not marketing lol
Old 08-04-2013, 12:08 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The front grill is a fake on the 2015
No way. Are you sure that's not exactly what it's going to look like?

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:44 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Speaking of conspiracy, you may be on to something. The very first spy shot of the 2015 mule was photoshoped by the spy photographer and posted on 6G, and no one was told about it until the original surfaced. How the original got out there I don't know, but it makes you think about the true intentions of the spy photographer.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:53 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
i personally love the idea of a eco boost 4....i may look into one in the next mustang i get. plenty of power and good mpg...plus i'm sure the mods for it will be nice as well..a good exhaust and a 4 cyl will sound really sweet as well.

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:35 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
i personally love the idea of a eco boost 4....i may look into one in the next mustang i get. plenty of power and good mpg...plus i'm sure the mods for it will be nice as well..a good exhaust and a 4 cyl will sound really sweet as well.
You'll just have to put up with the ignorant v8 driver that apparently have nothing better to do than to make fun of v6's and 4cyl's
Old 08-13-2013, 04:58 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Watch the four cylinder have as much power as the v-8 Mustang

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You'll just have to put up with the ignorant v8 driver that apparently have nothing better to do than to make fun of v6's and 4cyl's
well i've owned both GTs and a few v6's....so i've heard it all lol. A bit more boost and i'm sure those ignorant v8 drivers will see tails (heck stock it should make s197 GT's upset)...that is if the power is what they claim it might be. here's to hoping lol

Old 08-14-2013, 07:00 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Eh, exhaust note..? This is a muscle car, not an import. It's going to suck to have to hear the mustangs reputation torn apart because it has a 4cyl. Not that it won't be a good motor, but you know what everyone is going you say about it being a 4cyl..
tgmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:11 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not all of us V8 drivers are like that - the 86 Mustang SVO is still one of my favorite Mustangs ever. I'd definitely look into the 4 cylinder for my next Mustang - but then I'm more into the twisties than drag racing.

---------- Post added at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmeyer View Post
Eh, exhaust note..? This is a muscle car, not an import. It's going to suck to have to hear the mustangs reputation torn apart because it has a 4cyl. Not that it won't be a good motor, but you know what everyone is going you say about it being a 4cyl..
No, it's not going to suck - I guess not many of you young whippersnappers remember the SVO and how amazing it was - not every Mustang owner is into just drag racing.
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:22 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Off topic: Do you live in North Carolina. I was up there vacationing and one of the locals was talking about Dragon Tail Rd. I remembered you were talking about that road in reference to a strut bar.

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

If it can sound like subaru then maybe the exhaust will turn out great and nice like a Honda but we all know you can't match a subarus sound
fastJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:37 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
you don't know much about mustangs do you....not the first 4 cyl to be used in mustangs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelsmith View Post
Off topic: Do you live in North Carolina. I was up there vacationing and one of the locals was talking about Dragon Tail Rd. I remembered you were talking about that road in reference to a strut bar.
no TN but that span of road connects both states

Old 08-18-2013, 03:33 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Not opposed to the ecoboost but I don't see a 4cyl exhaust sounding good
90fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90fox View Post
Not opposed to the ecoboost but I don't see a 4cyl exhaust sounding good
+100
Old 08-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #33

Region: Arizona
You guys need to have a little bit of compassion for this turbo thing. Fords TwinTurbo eco-boost in the F150s and some of the Lincoln cars is a great motor. With the right exhaust and proper gearing Ford may have a alternative to the supercharged V8. I'm definitely old-school but we do have to have some acceptance to the future.
Azr2stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:52 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azr2stang View Post
You guys need to have a little bit of compassion for this turbo thing. Fords TwinTurbo eco-boost in the F150s and some of the Lincoln cars is a great motor. With the right exhaust and proper gearing Ford may have a alternative to the supercharged V8. I'm definitely old-school but we do have to have some acceptance to the future.
Not picking on the V6 at all. The new 3.7's are nothing to mess with! But a 4cyl.. Not too excited. Give that crap to Europe (we always get their lower versions, so time for Karma). The SVO was awesome, but they went to a 4cyl only cause there was an oil crisis and the needed something that would sell in that time.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:15 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix

you don't know much about mustangs do you....not the first 4 cyl to be used in mustangs...
+1

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)