4cyl Eco Boost spotted. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-02-2013, 12:25 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
mrkrabz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 767
4cyl Eco Boost spotted.

mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-02-2013, 01:41 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
xxPIKExx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Region: Florida
Posts: 450
Sounds odd to me. It would take a while to get used to hearing that from a Mustang. Only God knows what it will sound like with the exhaust done... Good vid
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:08 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
andregayola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: newark
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,201
My prediction is stupid ricers r going to buymustangs n put fart cannons on it n take it to Honda meets
__________________
1999 V6
Sonic Blue
Mods - Eibach Super sports
Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Front sway bar Bushings
andregayola is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-02-2013, 11:10 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
Sadly thats probably true
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:11 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
andregayola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: newark
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,201
N then lower it give it that cameber n sticker bomb it
__________________
1999 V6
Sonic Blue
Mods - Eibach Super sports
Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Front sway bar Bushings
andregayola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #6
Icy
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NY
Region: New York
Posts: 27
That's definitely the whistle of the turbo and sounds like a 4-cyl. My friend has the 2.0L turbo and it sounds almost exactly like that.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:17 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: San Diego
Region: California
Posts: 44
More s550 Mustang Prototypes spied at hotel - shows front splitter and some interior - 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (6th Generation Platform) - Mustang6G.com

These guys found a few more in Arizona in a parking lot. U can see some of the interior. Look at that steering wheel, some old school style.
Ricky35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:19 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SE Michigan
Region: Michigan
Posts: 130
My wife's 1.6L Ecoboost sounds exactly the same... I love hearing that turbo spool and even if it isn't fast, it is still a hoot to drive. This should have more displacement (and thus power) so I'll at least give it a chance. Not like it's spelling the death of the V8 models or anything.
JKLiNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:37 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
xxPIKExx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Region: Florida
Posts: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky35 View Post
More s550 Mustang Prototypes spied at hotel - shows front splitter and some interior - 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (6th Generation Platform) - Mustang6G.com

These guys found a few more in Arizona in a parking lot. U can see some of the interior. Look at that steering wheel, some old school style.
How does Mustang6g.com have all the new videos and photos. They are always first. Think its owned and operated by Ford?
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Destro415's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Rio Vista, CA
Region: California
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by andregayola View Post
My prediction is stupid ricers r going to buymustangs n put fart cannons on it n take it to Honda meets
and we'll start seeing these mustangs riding high on 24 inch rims just like the old foxbodies.
Destro415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:58 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
wc3john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro415 View Post

and we'll start seeing these mustangs riding high on 24 inch rims just like the old foxbodies.
Don't forget that stupid "domo" thing all over them! Or my car is a v8 killer!
__________________


I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
mrkrabz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post
How does Mustang6g.com have all the new videos and photos. They are always first. Think its owned and operated by Ford?
I'm a member, so I can answer that for you. The admin knows the spy photographers in Detroit, and it's the website that all car blogs refer to. Like Car and Driver, Motortrend, jalopnik and more. If you want the very latest updates on the 2015, Mustang6G is the place. I copy and paste a lot of the stuff from there over to here, since ME isn't as up to date about the 2015, and I know a lot of people are excited about it.
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 02:25 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Aggiesrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,883
From the indentations of the front it's going to have that same huge open grill that all the other fords now have. I got a new Ford brochure in the mail and every Ford has the huge open grill, except the mustang. And now apparently they will also. It's a bit evoish.
__________________
chevy runs deep, Don't step in chevy!

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 03:01 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
mrkrabz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post
From the indentations of the front it's going to have that same huge open grill that all the other fords now have. I got a new Ford brochure in the mail and every Ford has the huge open grill, except the mustang. And now apparently they will also. It's a bit evoish.
The front grill is a fake on the 2015
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 02:27 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
xxPIKExx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Region: Florida
Posts: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz View Post

I'm a member, so I can answer that for you. The admin knows the spy photographers in Detroit, and it's the website that all car blogs refer to. Like Car and Driver, Motortrend, jalopnik and more. If you want the very latest updates on the 2015, Mustang6G is the place. I copy and paste a lot of the stuff from there over to here, since ME isn't as up to date about the 2015, and I know a lot of people are excited about it.
Heard that, but its odd that its the only place to get news, and always the first place. It's odd that some random website, named after the 6th gen Stang, instantly becomes the go to for all the news. I still think its owned and operated by Ford, and they leak what they choose to. Didn't someone just post up a bunch of spy photos from Flagstaff, AZ? How did they get the scoop on that? Why are Motortrend and Car and Driver, the 2 biggest auto sites in the world, go to mustang6g.com for their news? All the vids and most the photos look awful staged nowadays.
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:18 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SE Michigan
Region: Michigan
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post

Heard that, but its odd that its the only place to get news, and always the first place. It's odd that some random website, named after the 6th gen Stang, instantly becomes the go to for all the news. I still think its owned and operated by Ford, and they leak what they choose to. Didn't someone just post up a bunch of spy photos from Flagstaff, AZ? How did they get the scoop on that? Why are Motortrend and Car and Driver, the 2 biggest auto sites in the world, go to mustang6g.com for their news? All the vids and most the photos look awful staged nowadays.
Meh, I think you're over thinking this a smidge. Rumor/fan sites named after the generation if a car are pretty commonplace. Just look at all the Camaro news before it came out, was on Camaro5 or something like that, indicating the 5th generation.
JKLiNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:32 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
mrkrabz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post
Heard that, but its odd that its the only place to get news, and always the first place. It's odd that some random website, named after the 6th gen Stang, instantly becomes the go to for all the news. I still think its owned and operated by Ford, and they leak what they choose to. Didn't someone just post up a bunch of spy photos from Flagstaff, AZ? How did they get the scoop on that? Why are Motortrend and Car and Driver, the 2 biggest auto sites in the world, go to mustang6g.com for their news? All the vids and most the photos look awful staged nowadays.
It's a conspiracy!
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:07 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
xxPIKExx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Region: Florida
Posts: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz View Post

It's a conspiracy!
It's not a conspiracy. It's marketing
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:33 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
mrkrabz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post
It's not a conspiracy. It's marketing
That's not marketing lol
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:08 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Aggiesrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz View Post

The front grill is a fake on the 2015
No way. Are you sure that's not exactly what it's going to look like?
__________________
chevy runs deep, Don't step in chevy!

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:44 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
mrkrabz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 767
Speaking of conspiracy, you may be on to something. The very first spy shot of the 2015 mule was photoshoped by the spy photographer and posted on 6G, and no one was told about it until the original surfaced. How the original got out there I don't know, but it makes you think about the true intentions of the spy photographer.
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:53 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
i personally love the idea of a eco boost 4....i may look into one in the next mustang i get. plenty of power and good mpg...plus i'm sure the mods for it will be nice as well..a good exhaust and a 4 cyl will sound really sweet as well.
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:35 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
mrkrabz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
i personally love the idea of a eco boost 4....i may look into one in the next mustang i get. plenty of power and good mpg...plus i'm sure the mods for it will be nice as well..a good exhaust and a 4 cyl will sound really sweet as well.
You'll just have to put up with the ignorant v8 driver that apparently have nothing better to do than to make fun of v6's and 4cyl's
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:58 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
samuelsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Gulfport
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 1,234
Watch the four cylinder have as much power as the v-8 Mustang
__________________

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz View Post
You'll just have to put up with the ignorant v8 driver that apparently have nothing better to do than to make fun of v6's and 4cyl's
well i've owned both GTs and a few v6's....so i've heard it all lol. A bit more boost and i'm sure those ignorant v8 drivers will see tails (heck stock it should make s197 GT's upset)...that is if the power is what they claim it might be. here's to hoping lol
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:00 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
tgmeyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
i personally love the idea of a eco boost 4....i may look into one in the next mustang i get. plenty of power and good mpg...plus i'm sure the mods for it will be nice as well..a good exhaust and a 4 cyl will sound really sweet as well.
Eh, exhaust note..? This is a muscle car, not an import. It's going to suck to have to hear the mustangs reputation torn apart because it has a 4cyl. Not that it won't be a good motor, but you know what everyone is going you say about it being a 4cyl..
tgmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:11 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz View Post
You'll just have to put up with the ignorant v8 driver that apparently have nothing better to do than to make fun of v6's and 4cyl's
Not all of us V8 drivers are like that - the 86 Mustang SVO is still one of my favorite Mustangs ever. I'd definitely look into the 4 cylinder for my next Mustang - but then I'm more into the twisties than drag racing.

---------- Post added at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmeyer View Post
Eh, exhaust note..? This is a muscle car, not an import. It's going to suck to have to hear the mustangs reputation torn apart because it has a 4cyl. Not that it won't be a good motor, but you know what everyone is going you say about it being a 4cyl..
No, it's not going to suck - I guess not many of you young whippersnappers remember the SVO and how amazing it was - not every Mustang owner is into just drag racing.
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:22 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
samuelsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Gulfport
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 1,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
i personally love the idea of a eco boost 4....i may look into one in the next mustang i get. plenty of power and good mpg...plus i'm sure the mods for it will be nice as well..a good exhaust and a 4 cyl will sound really sweet as well.
Off topic: Do you live in North Carolina. I was up there vacationing and one of the locals was talking about Dragon Tail Rd. I remembered you were talking about that road in reference to a strut bar.
__________________

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
fastJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: CLUTE
Region: Texas
Posts: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmeyer View Post

Eh, exhaust note..? This is a muscle car, not an import. It's going to suck to have to hear the mustangs reputation torn apart because it has a 4cyl. Not that it won't be a good motor, but you know what everyone is going you say about it being a 4cyl..
If it can sound like subaru then maybe the exhaust will turn out great and nice like a Honda but we all know you can't match a subarus sound
fastJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:37 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmeyer View Post
Eh, exhaust note..? This is a muscle car, not an import. It's going to suck to have to hear the mustangs reputation torn apart because it has a 4cyl. Not that it won't be a good motor, but you know what everyone is going you say about it being a 4cyl..
you don't know much about mustangs do you....not the first 4 cyl to be used in mustangs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelsmith View Post
Off topic: Do you live in North Carolina. I was up there vacationing and one of the locals was talking about Dragon Tail Rd. I remembered you were talking about that road in reference to a strut bar.
no TN but that span of road connects both states
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:33 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
90fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 302
Not opposed to the ecoboost but I don't see a 4cyl exhaust sounding good
90fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
tgmeyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90fox View Post
Not opposed to the ecoboost but I don't see a 4cyl exhaust sounding good
+100
tgmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #33
Registered User
Newbie
 
Azr2stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Mesa
Region: Arizona
Posts: 9
You guys need to have a little bit of compassion for this turbo thing. Fords TwinTurbo eco-boost in the F150s and some of the Lincoln cars is a great motor. With the right exhaust and proper gearing Ford may have a alternative to the supercharged V8. I'm definitely old-school but we do have to have some acceptance to the future.
Azr2stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:52 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
tgmeyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azr2stang View Post
You guys need to have a little bit of compassion for this turbo thing. Fords TwinTurbo eco-boost in the F150s and some of the Lincoln cars is a great motor. With the right exhaust and proper gearing Ford may have a alternative to the supercharged V8. I'm definitely old-school but we do have to have some acceptance to the future.
Not picking on the V6 at all. The new 3.7's are nothing to mess with! But a 4cyl.. Not too excited. Give that crap to Europe (we always get their lower versions, so time for Karma). The SVO was awesome, but they went to a 4cyl only cause there was an oil crisis and the needed something that would sell in that time.
tgmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:15 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackedStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix

you don't know much about mustangs do you....not the first 4 cyl to be used in mustangs...
+1
__________________
2012 V6 Performance Package
BlackedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:05 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.