Partial Reveal tomorrow! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-20-2013, 06:44 PM   #36
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Gotta see it in person, right now I don't like it. With that said even if it looks meh if its in the low 3k weight range and ups the power of the Coyote and has a IRS... I'm sure it will grow on me lol.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2013, 06:45 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich7072 View Post
I think Ford wants to become America's BMW
I have no problem with this. Don't think it's the case (BMW being luxury and all) but still have no problem
JKLiNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:46 PM   #38
Staff
Regular
Staff

If you've driven a brand new loaded Ford... its not that far off honestly. And this is from a guy who rides around in BMWs all the time in Germany where they get all the goodies.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2013, 06:50 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKLiNx View Post

I have no problem with this. Don't think it's the case (BMW being luxury and all) but still have no problem
I think if you drive the new Fusion it's by far the most European American car out there today. The boss is also compared to the m cars in the way it's so dialed in to drive. I actually like the direction it's going especially since Ford didn't take a bail out
Rich7072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:51 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich7072 View Post
To me it's becoming more BMWish. The design is getting tighter and tighter. I think Ford wants to become America's BMW
I completely agree. Dont get me wrong I do like it but the 13 14 stangs are going to be the pinnacle for a while, at least in terms of looks.
Hopefully the price does not go up so much. I'm not going to be looking to buy one cause I can't afford a $30k plus car anyway but I hate to see what used to be an affordable everymans car turn into a 5 series....
I mean come on they make a 50k Taurus now...

And yeah you can get into the base model for less and I do love mine even with the prehistoric 4l but we all know a v8 os the heart of these cars.
I could however get behind a factory turbo 6... lol
Torch10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:53 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
If you've driven a brand new loaded Ford... its not that far off honestly. And this is from a guy who rides around in BMWs all the time in Germany where they get all the goodies.
I agree. I like my 2013 gt. I think it's real solid and I've owned many bmws. I think it's surprisingly refined if not a little too quiet stock
Rich7072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:18 PM   #42
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch10 View Post
I completely agree. Dont get me wrong I do like it but the 13 14 stangs are going to be the pinnacle for a while, at least in terms of looks.
Hopefully the price does not go up so much. I'm not going to be looking to buy one cause I can't afford a $30k plus car anyway but I hate to see what used to be an affordable everymans car turn into a 5 series....
I mean come on they make a 50k Taurus now...

And yeah you can get into the base model for less and I do love mine even with the prehistoric 4l but we all know a v8 os the heart of these cars.
I could however get behind a factory turbo 6... lol
That $50k Taurus is a twin turbo near 400hp monster sedan and loaded like crazy. Would make anyone looking at a similar BMW take a second look if they didn't see "Taurus" on it.

Old 08-20-2013, 07:38 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:

That $50k Taurus is a twin turbo near 400hp monster sedan and loaded like crazy. Would make anyone looking at a similar BMW take a second look if they didn't see "Taurus" on it.
That's kind of my point, they should have renamed it. Taurus doesn't exactly inspire feelings of greatness lol!
Torch10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:56 PM   #44
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch10

That's kind of my point, they should have renamed it. Taurus doesn't exactly inspire feelings of greatness lol!
They tried that...it lasted 2 years
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:53 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I'm still glad I have me '12 gt. the '15 mustang appearance probably will have to grow on me. I'm just drooling to see how they all will perform.
Mustangreazon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:46 AM   #46
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
They tried that...it lasted 2 years
It lasted 2 years because the 500 was just thrown together and not marketed very well either. I legit think if Ford renamed the Taurus to something more... uppity... and marketed it hardcore to the BMW/Mercedes/Lexus/******* crowd they'd do pretty well.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:05 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Here's hoping they bring the price down. I have a 2000 gt loaded I bought off the showroom floor and ill never be able to buy a new one again. Just too much money for all that cheap plastic inside.
Mfore33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:08 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfore33 View Post
Here's hoping they bring the price down. I have a 2000 gt loaded I bought off the showroom floor and ill never be able to buy a new one again. Just too much money for all that cheap plastic inside.
Idk what cars you've looked at since 2000, but most Fords (and a lot of cars in general) have made strides in the last couple years to not appear as "cheap plastic".
Old 08-21-2013, 10:09 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Was referring to my 2000 model
Mfore33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:10 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfore33 View Post
Was referring to my 2000 model
Haha gotcha.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:35 PM   #51

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMosqueda View Post
Here ya go!
Is it my eyes or do those wheels look like "bigs-n-littles"? (staggered fitment)
I'm still not sold on it, it doesn't look like more than a massaged '14 front end with a Fiesta grille and VW headlights. I want to see performance numbers!
uh oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:37 PM   #52
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKLiNx View Post
Idk what cars you've looked at since 2000, but most Fords (and a lot of cars in general) have made strides in the last couple years to not appear as "cheap plastic".
They grow on you though. The SN95 interior is simple, it works and it looks decent in black with a lot of Meguiars. I dunno I love the 94-04 platform. Still the light, simple, stupid easy to modify Fairmont unibody, updated lines and the interior, though "cheap plastic" is light years better than the Foxes.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
I think it'll end up looking more like a 2010-2014, just with a larger grill. The biggest reason why it seems so different is that the headlights sweep upward at the outside, rather than down. Try to picture this with the outside of the headlights sweeping down and it would look very similar to a 2010-2014. Just my opinion, and btw I LOVE the direction it's going. The retro thing has been done and imitated by Chevy and dodge. Now Fords gotta switch it up to keep things fresh and interesting in this day and age, and start focusing on a younger demographic.
eouellette18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:51 AM   #54
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
I'm really scared the 2015 Mustang is going to be the new "Mustang II". Well at least it SHOULD still have a badass V8. I dunno I have a feeling the 2011-2014 stangs are going to be the pinnacle of the Mustang for a long time. I hope I'm wrong. I felt the 05-09 was a big step in the wrong direction performance wise and the 2011-2014 fixed that so hopefully it isn't every other generation.
Like all of us this is pure speculation, but if it has the same power and is smaller (and with a sorted out IRS) the performance increase will be substantial....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)