2015 Mustang Renderinf - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-10-2013, 08:55 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post

What? No they aren't cheaper there than here? The cts doesnt sell well because it is very American and they don't make engines that make sense in those regions. The mustang isn't being styled just for Europe or Asia or North America. It's being styled as a global car.
Of Course BMWs, Audis, etc are cheaper in Europe, they aren't cheap but less than here. Not to get lost in small details, my point was there are several cars made in America that should be desirable in Euro, but aren't. I think it's a very tough sell for American cars in Europe. England is a right hand drive market and Germany is very brand loyal to their domestic brands. If Ford succeeds, they'll be the first and that would be badass.

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

The #1 import in China is the GM Yukon or Denali, what ever the name of that bigass SUV is.
They're importing something only available in America. Where else can you get a vehicle that big. China is a completely different issue, it's communist and has no middle class.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post

Of Course BMWs, Audis, etc are cheaper in Europe, they aren't cheap but less than here. Not to get lost in small details, my point was there are several cars made in America that should be desirable in Euro, but aren't. I think it's a very tough sell for American cars in Europe. England is a right hand drive market and Germany is very brand loyal to their domestic brands. If Ford succeeds, they'll be the first and that would be badass.

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------
... Ford has an enormous presence in Europe already. Huge dealer networks and hey sell a huge quantity of cars there. I don't know what vehicles you think they should want so much but they just arent interested in American offerings because the American cars have been behind their domestic cars. Their refinement values are higher than American buyers and as a result, selling cars there means they need to be refined and modern. The mustang (gt spec) is going to need to compete on every level with the new m3, rs 4/5, and even hold a candle to some of the crazy amg cars. Is a hard market, but one any profit driven company wants as bi a slice of as possible.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

... Ford has an enormous presence in Europe already. Huge dealer networks and hey sell a huge quantity of cars there. I don't know what vehicles you think they should want so much but they just arent interested in American offerings because the American cars have been behind their domestic cars. Their refinement values are higher than American buyers and as a result, selling cars there means they need to be refined and modern. The mustang (gt spec) is going to need to compete on every level with the new m3, rs 4/5, and even hold a candle to some of the crazy amg cars. Is a hard market, but one any profit driven company wants as bi a slice of as possible.
The Ford's being sold there are produced there, I don't think that part is gonna change. If Americans did that, our economy wouldn't be in the toilet.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I understand they sell cars worldwide and should. Ford also has a huge presence in Australia. All those cars are designed for those markets and made there.
If Ford can sell the mustang worldwide, I'm all for it, it benefits us too. My concern is that they forsake the American market and gamble on it selling in Europe. It's probably going to be a tough sell.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:

Ford also has a huge presence in Australia. All those cars are designed for those markets and made there.
Well for the next year they are at least. All manufacturing and engineering (I think engineering is included) is being halted in AU which is unfortunate as I feel the Falcon should have been the Taurus we received for years now, not to mention the ute.

And to the previous poster, there's a lot of shared engineering between the EU and US offerings, now more so than ever (the whole One Ford thing). You're seeing models that are the same across all markets (except minor localization tweaks) and common power trains as well. It's similar to the approach VW has been using for awhile now and I have no complaints, especially since the EU Focus/Mondeo and others used to be so much better than their US counterparts.
JKLiNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:57 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
People complain that the new mustang is going euro... The Mustang was always supposed to be a car with euro appeal... Check out this video if the original Mustang commercial and pay attention to the words... People have to get their head out of their arses and accept modern changes... If it wasnt for modern changes, the Mustang wouldn't be where it's at today

http://youtu.be/r9XTjkO1IZA
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
People complain that the new mustang is going euro... The Mustang was always supposed to be a car with euro appeal... Check out this video if the original Mustang commercial and pay attention to the words... People have to get their head out of their arses and accept modern changes... If it wasnt for modern changes, the Mustang wouldn't be where it's at today

http://youtu.be/r9XTjkO1IZA
They're saying that they are bringing Euro styling to the American Market. They aren't trying to make a Euro car to sell in Europe.

Just because people express an opinion about the new Mustang doesn't mean they hate modernization.

Anyone who criticizes the new design is tagged as a hater or stuck in 1967. From what has been revealed or speculated some people don't like it.

Why are the blind supporters so offended by the term Euro?

Old 09-15-2013, 02:40 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:

They're saying that they are bringing Euro styling to the American Market. They aren't trying to make a Euro car to sell in Europe.

Just because people express an opinion about the new Mustang doesn't mean they hate modernization.

Anyone who criticizes the new design is tagged as a hater or stuck in 1967. From what has been revealed or speculated some people don't like it.

Why are the blind supporters so offended by the term Euro?
For me the term Euro has a negative connotation because I was raised to be blindly and unwaveringly American. The Mustang is as American as apple pie, so to say. There really aren't too many distinctly American things left. It's kind of sad
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:44 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post

For me the term Euro has a negative connotation because I was raised to be blindly and unwaveringly American. The Mustang is as American as apple pie, so to say. There really aren't too many distinctly American things left. It's kind of sad
I feel the the same way. It's just that some people defend the new design no matter what, even though its not released yet. But they are offended when someone calls it Euro. It's just funny.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:41 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowGT View Post
POOOOOOOOOOP

Some peeps are into that though
Agony is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)