2015 Mustang Renderinf - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-06-2013, 10:34 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Not sure if anyone else has posted this or seen this...but this looks pretty bad a** if you ask me...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3697538103.jpg
Views:	594
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	127661
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3841704506.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	127659  
Stangin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2013, 10:36 AM   #2
Lord NoMoney
Staff

Region: Texas
poop
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:38 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskoundrel View Post
poop
Lol I like the look though...
Stangin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2013, 10:38 AM   #4
Lord NoMoney
Staff

its a wanna be aston martin
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
Old 09-06-2013, 11:15 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
POOOOOOOOOOP

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:20 AM   #6
Lord NoMoney
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowGT View Post
POOOOOOOOOOP
great minds
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
Old 09-06-2013, 11:25 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

It's not even a modern interpretation of a mustang.
Why not just introduce that as a new euro vehicle?

Because they think the Mustang name will sell it.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:34 AM   #8
Lord NoMoney
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post
It's not even a modern interpretation of a mustang.
Why not just introduce that as a new euro vehicle?

Because they think the Mustang name will sell it.
they will be sadly mistaken im sure
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
Old 09-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I'm not totally sure but I don't think they are going to make a gt500 for that year
Depack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Nope. Gonna bring back the Cobra name.
Kona Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #11
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depack21 View Post
I'm not totally sure but I don't think they are going to make a gt500 for that year
I think they are going back to the Cobra.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:24 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Awesome looking car...no justification for being associated with Mustang whatsoever.
MyLittlePwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

It sucks they're going to stop the GT500. We were getting wicked HP each year. Now I'm afraid they're going to push a turbo 4 or 6 and bump the price up on the V8 as a sorta almost GT500. I'll bet they're wont be any 600+ HP Cobras from Ford. You'll have to go Shelby American to get the high performance Mustangs.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:43 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittlePwny View Post
Awesome looking car...no justification for being associated with Mustang whatsoever.
What does a " Mustang " look like? A fox... Perhaps the New Edge is more " Mustang ". The s197? The point is that they all look so completely different. Why all the dramatics? Which is the most Mustang looking model that appearance wise this car deviates from?
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:50 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It sucks they're going to stop the GT500. We were getting wicked HP each year. Now I'm afraid they're going to push a turbo 4 or 6 and bump the price up on the V8 as a sorta almost GT500. I'll bet they're wont be any 600+ HP Cobras from Ford. You'll have to go Shelby American to get the high performance Mustangs.
You think SVT is going to de-tune the car just because it won't be called a GT500 anymore? They are just simply going to let Chevy and Dodge walk away with the performance trophy just because they don't feel like it? Do we really believe Shelby had anything to really do with the GT500 outside of licensing the name? The GT350 is a Shelby car. The GT500 as we know it now is all Ford.
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:28 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
+1

I feel like svt will make another legend of a stang
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:37 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post

What does a " Mustang " look like? A fox... Perhaps the New Edge is more " Mustang ". The s197? The point is that they all look so completely different. Why all the dramatics? Which is the most Mustang looking model that appearance wise this car deviates from?
Took the words right out of my mouth (hands?) except my frame of reference was going to be Mustang II / Fox haha.
JKLiNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:31 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

^ all they need now is a car chase scene with Jason Statham and few motorcycles and it would be complete... Lol

Not trying to argue because it all comes down to preference but all the dramatics stem from this design, it favors too many rides out on the street today. That's what was so cool about having a Mustang because they were one of a kind. It had its own "DISTINCT" flare and body design no one had, and that was the vision of Carroll Shelby. He wanted his cars fast as f' and looking like no others. The ride looks great honestly but it will no longer be that trend setter IMO It's has entirely too much Maserati , Aston Martin , and a sprinkle of Fusion incorporated in it and just doesn't look .... "American"
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:38 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Doesnt look that bad

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

The cobra will never let us down, it was ahead of is time in the past and will continue to
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Car looks awesome. Can't wait. All you haters who want a classic mustang should go buy a classic mustang. Mustang has been styled for the times and we are due for a more modern look. You think the sn95 was a retro look? Lol. The new vette got the same criticism as the new staff is getting and it's a awesome car... New mustang needs this update and I'm glad it's getting modernised.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You think SVT is going to de-tune the car just because it won't be called a GT500 anymore? They are just simply going to let Chevy and Dodge walk away with the performance trophy just because they don't feel like it? Do we really believe Shelby had anything to really do with the GT500 outside of licensing the name? The GT350 is a Shelby car. The GT500 as we know it now is all Ford.
I think the SVT will de-tune the car, not because of the name. They are going towards smaller engines. The car will be lighter, but I don't see them putting out a 5.8L SC 650+ HP car. I didn't say they would stop competing with Chevy or dodge, I just see it being smaller turbo engines, more Euro.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I think the SVT will de-tune the car, not because of the name. They are going towards smaller engines. I just see it being smaller turbo engines, more Euro.
I wouldn't fault Ford for making smaller, more efficient, turbo engines more commonplace across their lineup. If people have issue with that, then take it up with our governing bodies (EPA, NHTSA, etc.) for enforcing fleet-wide MPG regulations (though I'd argue we have seen a lot of advancements thanks to these same regulations.

But really, does a smaller turbo engine make a car Euro, or are people really grasping at straws that badly to call the new Mustang Euro?

If its true that the 5.8L won't fit in the new engine bay, and people truly want bigger displacement, then I guess we'll have to ask Ford to drop DOHC and go back to the smaller footprint cam-in-block design like the LSx and Hemi motors...
Old 09-07-2013, 10:36 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Looks cool! But I'm attached to my 13' still...
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:59 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKLiNx View Post

I wouldn't fault Ford for making smaller, more efficient, turbo engines more commonplace across their lineup. If people have issue with that, then take it up with our governing bodies (EPA, NHTSA, etc.) for enforcing fleet-wide MPG regulations (though I'd argue we have seen a lot of advancements thanks to these same regulations.

But really, does a smaller turbo engine make a car Euro, or are people really grasping at straws that badly to call the new Mustang Euro?

If its true that the 5.8L won't fit in the new engine bay, and people truly want bigger displacement, then I guess we'll have to ask Ford to drop DOHC and go back to the smaller footprint cam-in-block design like the LSx and Hemi motors...
I don't know that you can blame it on the EPA or CAFE standards. Sure that's a factor, but they sell more 6's than GT's. CAFE standards are stupid, car companies will make what people want or they go out of business. Just like in the 70's when Japanese cars had good gas mileage vs. huge land yacht American cars. It hurt American cars because we didn't change with the market. The efficiencies of a modern 5.0 vs a 60's 289 is dramatic. If it were only based on mpg, then Ford would have gone turbo 4 along time ago and ditched the V8 and gone FWD (Probe anyone). People want the V8 in a mustang GT.
I do think a small turbo makes a muscle car euro or rice. It's not just wanting bigger displacement, but a badass V8 for sure.
Even though we don't know the exact 2015 model, everything points to a Euro car, all the sketches, all the spy photos, all the renderings, adding a 4 banger and its going to be sold in Europe. Why are the people that staunchly defend the new design so insulted when people say the new mustang is Euro?

Old 09-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

I won't speak for anyone else but me personally, I don't take offense to anyone saying its Euro for any reason other than the fact it's the only thing they can grasp onto to downplay the design of the car. I love Mustangs both old and new, but I don't see the Euro influence people are screaming about when I see the new renderings, I see more of an SN95 influence. If the new model can have the appearance (or actual presence) of being smaller than the S197s (and honestly, all the current US competition) and offer up the performance people are talking about, I'm all ears.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:46 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

I don't want the new mustang to suck and I don't use the term Euro just for an insult. I see the Astin Martin in it. I like Astin Martins, but it's not a Mustang and neither is a bigger Fusion with a V8 and IRS. My fear is that Ford tries too hard to please a European market and ignores the American market, thinking we'll buy a mustang just because its a mustang. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Old 09-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

I hear ya and agree we'll have to wait and see. Even as an employee I haven't see as much as a teaser image....
Old 09-09-2013, 01:07 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I don't want the new mustang to suck and I don't use the term Euro just for an insult. I see the Astin Martin in it. I like Astin Martins, but it's not a Mustang and neither is a bigger Fusion with a V8 and IRS. My fear is that Ford tries too hard to please a European market and ignores the American market, thinking we'll buy a mustang just because its a mustang. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
If I were running ford I would definitely ignore American markets. Honestly, the money isn't in America anymore. It isn't in Europe really either... It's in Asia. And as it's now a world model, it's time that the mustang competes globally.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:49 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Strange strategy. You want to compete globally, but you're only concerned with the Asian market. Even with the rumored trimming of the Mustang, it's probably too big for the Asian market on a large scale.

Old 09-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I turned my nose up at first, but I can see myself liking it once it gets here.
01LaserCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Strange strategy. You want to compete globally, but you're only concerned with the Asian market. Even with the rumored trimming of the Mustang, it's probably too big for the Asian market on a large scale.
I didn't say focus on only the Asian markets.. If you look at Asian taste, the real spenders buy European. Audi, BMW, and benz, sell well. Having a sports car with a more European style makes good business sense. And allows them to make a car that will ensure another 10 years of strong sales and keep mustang competitive.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:15 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post

I didn't say focus on only the Asian markets.. If you look at Asian taste, the real spenders buy European. Audi, BMW, and benz, sell well. Having a sports car with a more European style makes good business sense. And allows them to make a car that will ensure another 10 years of strong sales and keep mustang competitive.
But you said ignore the American market, which could prove fatal if the car doesn't do well in Europe.
European Car makers sell European cars in America, they don't design American cars to sell here. It's basically the same car with a few differences, but major design changes.
Now Ford is going to design a European car for Europe. I don't think it works. But we'll find out soon enough.
Why don't they sell significant numbers of Vette's or CTS's in Europe? It's one thing to sell a Focus globally, it's a basic economical lower end vehicle. Competing with BMW, Audi and Mercedes is quite another. Those cars aren't imports over there, they're much cheaper in their local markets than here.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:00 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

But you said ignore the American market, which could prove fatal if the car doesn't do well in Europe.
European Car makers sell European cars in America, they don't design American cars to sell here. It's basically the same car with a few differences, but major design changes.
Now Ford is going to design a European car for Europe. I don't think it works. But we'll find out soon enough.
Why don't they sell significant numbers of Vette's or CTS's in Europe? It's one thing to sell a Focus globally, it's a basic economical lower end vehicle. Competing with BMW, Audi and Mercedes is quite another. Those cars aren't imports over there, they're much cheaper in their local markets than here.
What? No they aren't cheaper there than here? The cts doesnt sell well because it is very American and they don't make engines that make sense in those regions. The mustang isn't being styled just for Europe or Asia or North America. It's being styled as a global car. The max share for that is to tweak the styling to a more sheek and brand centric design. I think it will look great and the haters can spend lots of time checking out the new tail lights. Can't wait for the new car. Look at what happened with the vette. New c7 is a beautiful car with an upscale interior, an awesome drive train and a great chassis. It will appeal to new markets because it is modern and the styling is sheek and has personality. If the new mustang can manage that, people will get over he loss of brash American style some people cling to.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:12 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
My logic says if you don't like it don't buy it..save it for someone that'll appreciate it. I wouldn't mind it at all..after all I drive a new edge. Its as far from classic mustang as I could find that was super sleek. At least till the new model..makes me consider a large loan in my future.

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:16 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
The #1 import in China is the GM Yukon or Denali, what ever the name of that bigass SUV is.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)