Offical photo of 2015 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-28-2013, 03:02 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Brett Greene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 572
Offical photo of 2015

Well there she is..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2844303191.jpg
Views:	1015
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	134251  
__________________
Brett the best Greene
Brett Greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-28-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
acornsmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boca Raton
Region: Florida
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Greene View Post
Well there she is..
Love how they actually have decent looking brakes / rotors..... These 5.0's should come with Brembos stock and just tack on another 1300$
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:19 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Boise
Region: Idaho
Posts: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Greene View Post
Well there she is..
I absolutely LOATHE the front end. Those headlights do not belong on a Mustang. For a 50th Anniversary model, Ford missed the mark on this one.
Fader is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-28-2013, 07:37 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
Think it all looks good except not really a fan of the hybrid looking lights. Then again it would probably look just like the 111-14 5.0 if it wasn't for the lights.
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:02 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
MMVEC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 307
The photo renderings are terrible compared to the spy photo of the car with the camo peeled off. My only concern is the taillight treatment. In my opinion, the New Edge (99-04) design is/was the best of all late model Mustangs...hopefully they don't F-it up.

Regarding engine options, the current 5.0 V8 will have more power but will remain largely unchanged in the base (volume) GT. The big news is the rumored flat plane V8. This engine will reside in the new Mach 1/Boss 302 or 351 as a naturally aspirated unit. It will also be twin turbocharged and will replace the current trinity V8 in the GT500. The emphasis on the MY2015 car is driving dynamics (handling) as well as fuel economy and the Trinity V8-being supercharged-is not only heavy but carries that weight on top affecting handling. The MY2015 car also has a lower hood line and having a big honking supercharger on top is a design constraint--especially if aftermarket tuners add a bigger unit, they will need a high cowl hood. A higher hood line also affects aerodynamics which directly affects fuel efficiency. With turbos there is more flexibility with tuning, weight distribution and fuel economy and of course design. I guess we'll see in a few months. A flat plane V8-turbo or not-is pretty exciting stuff!! Cross your fingers....
MMVEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:13 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
stang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 33
The best models are the 65 to 71 and the 05 to 14. The sales went threw the roof with these models. I guess ford wants to go backwards.
__________________
stang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:36 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SE Michigan
Region: Michigan
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang1 View Post
The best models are the 65 to 71 and the 05 to 14. The sales went threw the roof with these models. I guess ford wants to go backwards.
You and I obviously have different takes on "thru the roof". Sales have steadily decreased since 06 on the SN197 except for a slight increase last year and sales have never gotten close to the first generation range you posted. All said I'm still excited to see the official unveiling of the car, and hopefully it'll be included in the next employee test drive event I attend
JKLiNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:43 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Aggiesrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKLiNx View Post
You and I obviously have different takes on "thru the roof". Sales have steadily decreased since 06 on the SN197 except for a slight increase last year and sales have never gotten close to the first generation range you posted. All said I'm still excited to see the official unveiling of the car, and hopefully it'll be included in the next employee test drive event I attend
Sales have gone down, not because of the design. The economy tanked in 2007 and hasn't really made it back. Then the Camaro and Challenger were re-introduced. The 2005 design certainly revived the brand. I doubt they will ever duplicate the first gen excitement. That was the intro of a revolutionary new car line for younger generation.
__________________
chevy runs deep, Don't step in chevy!

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SE Michigan
Region: Michigan
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post
Sales have gone down, not because of the design. The economy tanked in 2007 and hasn't really made it back. Then the Camaro and Challenger were re-introduced. The 2005 design certainly revived the brand. I doubt they will ever duplicate the first gen excitement. That was the intro of a revolutionary new car line for younger generation.
oh wasn't really debating anything with the success of redesigns, just stating facts. And believe me, I want all the products to be successes, my bonus and potential raises depend on it every year
JKLiNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:30 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Aggiesrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKLiNx View Post
oh wasn't really debating anything with the success of redesigns, just stating facts. And believe me, I want all the products to be successes, my bonus and potential raises depend on it every year
I'm not super crazy about the leaked renderings. But with some ground effects and accessories it'll probably grow on most people.
Also I'm not a fan of introducing awesome engines later in the model year. I think that it should be all at once, at least the beefed up coyote.
But if they offer a standard GT with about 500hp, people will fall in love with it pretty quick. I think Ford is doing a good job overall with their cars and pickups. I think Lincoln needs some help, not sure about the direction they're going to.
__________________
chevy runs deep, Don't step in chevy!

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:34 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SE Michigan
Region: Michigan
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post
I'm not super crazy about the leaked renderings. But with some ground effects and accessories it'll probably grow on most people. Also I'm not a fan of introducing awesome engines later in the model year. I think that it should be all at once, at least the beefed up coyote. But if they offer a standard GT with about 500hp, people will fall in love with it pretty quick. I think Ford is doing a good job overall with their cars and pickups. I think Lincoln needs some help, not sure about the direction they're going to.
Agreed on the engines; thought the same thing with the '10s.

Lincoln, even as an employee, I'm not holding out hope for. They keep saying that they're essentially going to strive to be like Lexus/Acura and not Cadillac/BMW/MB which really grinds my gears (meaning a focus on fwd "soft roaders" instead of lux sport)
JKLiNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:53 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Stangin87's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 70
It looks pretty doggone good if you ask me!...it will grow on most of the people who aren't really feeling it...once these things come out and people start putting the right cosmetics on them, and seeing track times, and the raw power with/without upgrades, folks are going to fall in love with these things...mark my words

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

If people want an old mustang...go buy an old mustang! Lol...I think they did a great job with the looks...and I too was skeptical at first.
Stangin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:26 PM   #13
Registered User
Newbie
 
army05GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: junction city
Region: Kansas
Posts: 7
Looks like a damn kia or a Hyundai blah!!
army05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:32 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustanglulu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern california
Region: California
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fader View Post
I absolutely LOATHE the front end. Those headlights do not belong on a Mustang. For a 50th Anniversary model, Ford missed the mark on this one.
Agreed!
Mustanglulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:42 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
05MUSTANG4.0L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 729
A couple more renderings from auto evolution. Com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131107_144046.png
Views:	558
Size:	385.6 KB
ID:	135550   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131107_144052.png
Views:	567
Size:	361.1 KB
ID:	135551  

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131107_144158.png
Views:	485
Size:	466.7 KB
ID:	135552  
05MUSTANG4.0L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
satin06silver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 199
people are going to buy this thing no matter what i also think it will bring in some different types of people.... normally those who drive a luxury sport might switch to this because of its euro styling imo i wont buy one though im just hoping previous body styles i.e. new edge and 05-09 will drop in price
__________________
“I don’t lose any sleep at night over the potential for failure. I cannot even spell the word.”

Gen. James "Mad Dog" Mattis USMC (Ret.)
satin06silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
05MUSTANG4.0L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by satin06silver View Post
people are going to buy this thing no matter what i also think it will bring in some different types of people.... normally those who drive a luxury sport might switch to this because of its euro styling imo i wont buy one though im just hoping previous body styles i.e. new edge and 05-09 will drop in price
That means more members on this site
05MUSTANG4.0L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Hmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 1,312
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fader View Post
I absolutely LOATHE the front end. Those headlights do not belong on a Mustang. For a 50th Anniversary model, Ford missed the mark on this one.

Pretty much.. I really hope this isn't it ...

This does not scream muscle to me but it hasn't screamed that for years now...

Wish they would have listened to me.... I wanted them to do a throw back retro classic year .. Put the old muscle with new tech.. But I guess I'm the only one that wants that lol
__________________
VOTE For MOTM!!!!!!
Hmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:12 PM   #19
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang1 View Post
The best models are the 65 to 71 and the 05 to 14. The sales went threw the roof with these models. I guess ford wants to go backwards.
The performance alone will make it a big seller just like the 88' to 93' fox bodies. They were some of the fastest production cars back then. The looks were ok but defiantly not a mustang per say.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:18 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
LukeRailey68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Owens Cross Roads
Region: Alabama
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmiller View Post

Pretty much.. I really hope this isn't it ...

This does not scream muscle to me but it hasn't screamed that for years now...

Wish they would have listened to me.... I wanted them to do a throw back retro classic year .. Put the old muscle with new tech.. But I guess I'm the only one that wants that lol
Have you not seen the Equus Bass? That car is what you want. And you aren't the only one haha.
LukeRailey68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:49 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Hmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 1,312
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeRailey68 View Post
Have you not seen the Equus Bass? That car is what you want. And you aren't the only one haha.
nooooooo .... *Goes to google*... Where have I been under a rock?!

... I meant as in like a full production car that doesn't cost an arm and a leg but that's nice! Pretty bad ***.. Sort of exactly what I was describing lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-797294794.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	312.0 KB
ID:	136639  
__________________
VOTE For MOTM!!!!!!
Hmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:59 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
I read somewhere a few days ago theres suppose to be a saleen edition for 2015
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:32 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Burleson
Region: Texas
Posts: 86
Louvers would look stupid on this car.. Maybe a tint would make it appeal more to me, but right now the body style is not muscle.
Thatdude156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:06 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
JimmyMosqueda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 270
According to mustang6G, The 2015 mustang will officially be unveiled on Thursday, December 5th.
JimmyMosqueda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:40 PM   #25
Registered User
Newbie
 
orlyd_s197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Seguin
Region: Texas
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
Not to be rude, but as you get acquainted with the forum, you'll learn that most members of the forum enjoy all motor types of the mustang. And, it's a good thing you go by user names, instead of garages. Because then you'd be aware my name is only a name. I've actually got an 02 GT. By the way, what will you say when you're continuously dusted on the freeway by a 4 banger? Welcome to the forum, bud.
Please...I assure you I dont get dusted by 4 bangers..and alright i you say so...and I also have a 2012 roush??
orlyd_s197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:41 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Fort Worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 30
Ohh my bad v6 boy...pffftt v6..[/QUOTE]

Have you never heard the term "pony car" before?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3457330171.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	138226  
03Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:20 PM   #27
Admin
Admin
 
Janet H's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Inland NW
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,064
A number of posts have been removed from this thread. The thread topic is 2015 photos, other off topic dreck has been removed. Please stay on topic!

Site team
__________________
.
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss

Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:35 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
tfalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
I read somewhere a few days ago theres suppose to be a saleen edition for 2015
There was a picture floating around a while back about what a 'Saleen concept' car would look like. From what they've recently posted, the SA30 edition Saleens will be built on 2014 model cars. I doubt Saleen has gotten their hands on a 2015 yet to be able to start designing what they would want it to look like.

I'm sure there will be a 2015 Saleen Mustang, I just don't think anyone will actually see one until several weeks/months after the car is introduced in a few weeks.
__________________
99-122 Bright Atlantic Blue S281 S/C Convertible
11-025 Grabber Blue S302 Convertible

Saleen - Power in the hands of a fool!
tfalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:59 PM   #29
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangin87 View Post
It looks pretty doggone good if you ask me!...it will grow on most of the people who aren't really feeling it...once these things come out and people start putting the right cosmetics on them, and seeing track times, and the raw power with/without upgrades, folks are going to fall in love with these things...mark my words

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

If people want an old mustang...go buy an old mustang! Lol...I think they did a great job with the looks...and I too was skeptical at first.
What I'm hearing from most on the 2015 model is it's not the "love at first site" as was the case with the first gen and current gen of Mustangs. I could not get to the dealership fast enough to plunk down the cash for my 2011; I've owned a 1967 Fastback (boy do I want that back), and a 1971 coupe. The first and current are my favorites.

I'm still up in the air as to the 2015. Since it is not "officially" released yet, I cannot say I'll buy one. I have to wait and see if it has the same impression on me as the 1st and latest generation did when I bought.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
mrkrabz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfalk View Post
There was a picture floating around a while back about what a 'Saleen concept' car would look like. From what they've recently posted, the SA30 edition Saleens will be built on 2014 model cars. I doubt Saleen has gotten their hands on a 2015 yet to be able to start designing what they would want it to look like.

I'm sure there will be a 2015 Saleen Mustang, I just don't think anyone will actually see one until several weeks/months after the car is introduced in a few weeks.
Saleen has seen it. If a few graphic designers on G6 have seen it, then Saleen has certainly seen it. Ford honestly hasn't been to secretive with it. If you were G6 last year, and you had contributed to the site in a large way, you probably got to see it. Or at the very least, had someone describe it to you in exact detail so you pretty much know what it's going to look like.
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:44 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
DallasStang77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05MUSTANG4.0L View Post
A couple more renderings from auto evolution. Com
What the...

Thanks for the photos but next time one word: screenshot.

If not then right click save picture as... XD
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:42 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
MMVEC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 307
Just found out Ford plans to reveal the 2015 on Good Morning America...Mustang 6G posted it
MMVEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:17 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SE Michigan
Region: Michigan
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMVEC View Post
Just found out Ford plans to reveal the 2015 on Good Morning America...Mustang 6G posted it
FFS, copy and paste the same message in every recent thread?
JKLiNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:38 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKLiNx View Post
FFS, copy and paste the same message in every recent thread?
I noticed that he did that
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 05:33 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
MMVEC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKLiNx View Post
FFS, copy and paste the same message in every recent thread?
And your point is? Just getting the message out...f**k!
MMVEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



11:36 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.