V6 PONY to vanish soon - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-15-2014, 04:57 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
V6 PONY to vanish soon

Read this and How Ford will push sales of the 2015 Mustang EcoBoost and discourage buying the V6 | Mustangs Daily
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2014, 05:13 PM   #2
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Interesting article, but I personally don't give a damn. It doesn't impact me at all. I got my fully loaded V6 and I'm good to go. The 2015 Mustang V6 issue simply isn't on my radar
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:46 PM   #3
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Agreed, if I eventually get a 2015+ Mustang, I'll be upgrading to the 5.0

Sent from the future.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2014, 08:33 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Well if something happens to my sixer and I can't get another one, that leaves two choices.

Either a V8 or another type of muscle car.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:57 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Good thing I got my 2014 V6 premium before all that mess lol
Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:41 PM   #6
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Wow Ford. Reminds me of when the Xbox one was going to come out
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 06:05 AM   #7
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
that was both interesting and depressing. thx for the link....
Old 05-16-2014, 06:44 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
so they are trying to get the sixxer out and a 4 bangin eco boost as the new thing?....
FullyAutomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:08 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullyAutomatic View Post
so they are trying to get the sixxer out and a 4 bangin eco boost as the new thing?....

Kind of figured that when they announced in the beginning that the V6 was the lowest model, then the 4 and then the V8. A whole new war will be starting out here between the 4 and 8 people once they hit the streets.
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:37 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I heard rumours of an ecoboost cyclone in 2017, forget where i saw it at. Interesting article.
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 12:58 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Seems that a late S197 3.7 V6/6spd might be a future rare Pony
Old 05-16-2014, 07:38 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Well hey, all the more reason to hang onto my sixer. Also all the more reason to keep her looking pristine. Either way if it came down to it, it would just give me more incentive to buy a V8 later on down the road.
rotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 08:12 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Tbh other than the U.S, within 10 years V6s will be as rare as V8s are now. One very simple reason....fuel prices! Ford is seeing the future and it doesn't include thirsty engines. Ford wants the mustang nameplate to live on and this is the only way to do it. I predict within 10 years over 75% of mustangs sold world wide will be the 4 banger. Its already starting within ford, the 2014 Ford fusion my wife just bought only available engines now, 4 cylinders. First time ever the V6 in the F-150 is out selling the V8s. Its already begun. I'd hate to see my 3.7 get dropped but I truly believe Ford is on the correct path and has the right vision of what the world market holds in the future.

2013 V6, Candy Apple Metallic.
Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,Painted side mirrors covers,Upper and lower black billet grille,Pony projection lights,Boss 302 strut tower brace, SR lowering springs, Barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,Bama tuned,BBK shorty headers,Roush AB, 3.73 Ford racing gears.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:33 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Tbh other than the U.S, within 10 years V6s will be as rare as V8s are now. One very simple reason....fuel prices! Ford is seeing the future and it doesn't include thirsty engines. Ford wants the mustang nameplate to live on and this is the only way to do it. I predict within 10 years over 75% of mustangs sold world wide will be the 4 banger. Its already starting within ford, the 2014 Ford fusion my wife just bought only available engines now, 4 cylinders. First time ever the V6 in the F-150 is out selling the V8s. Its already begun. I'd hate to see my 3.7 get dropped but I truly believe Ford is on the correct path and has the right vision of what the world market holds in the future.

Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,Painted side mirrors covers,Upper and lower black billet grille,Pony projection lights,Boss 302 strut tower brace, SR lowering springs, Barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,Bama tuned,BBK shorty headers,Roush AB, 3.73 Ford racing gears.

You sound right on the money bud.. Sadly so.. But either way I plan on holding on to my sixer.. Hopefully the V8 is still an option later on down the road lol but in all honesty I Donno if it's just me but I don't really like the new mustang design to much.. My fav designs run from 2000-2014.. But that's just me..
Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:48 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylg86 View Post
You sound right on the money bud.. Sadly so.. But either way I plan on holding on to my sixer.. Hopefully the V8 is still an option later on down the road lol but in all honesty I Donno if it's just me but I don't really like the new mustang design to much.. My fav designs run from 2000-2014.. But that's just me..
The S197 IMO the model with more lineage to the original PONY. I purchase my 2014 V6 as my DD, but this one will be a keeper for sure
Old 05-16-2014, 10:06 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I'm a bit disappointing that Ford won't offer the 3.7 in Europe. Mainly because they have a ton of great tuners and companies who could really do some amazing things.

That said, I'm sure once they get their hands on the Ecoboost 4, we will see some very impressive numbers coming out of them.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:34 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
The EcoBoost is Ford's 'baby for the future'. Wife and i just bought a 2014 Edge Limited, the salesman was pushing the EcoBoost 2.0L on us. We bought the 3.5L V6 . I feel, the next SVT or Special Edition Mustang will be a EcoBoost 5.0L. My brother-in-law just bought a 2014 Escape with a EcoBoost. Just a matter of time
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:36 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I must add: I bet with just a couple of modifications, the Ecoboost 2.3L Mustang will be running high 12 seconds in the quarter mile
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:47 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
I must add: I bet with just a couple of modifications, the Ecoboost 2.3L Mustang will be running high 12 seconds in the quarter mile
+1. Eventually, IMO less than 20years the V8 will only be available special order. Its just evolution and real world conditions along with supply and demand. Its the only way the mustang nameplate can survive. Let's face it in a ever changing world and the fact that a mustang really isn't practical, if ford didn't go this route I'm afraid the mustang nameplate will go the way of the dinosaur. I'd rather see the mustang stick around for my kids to enjoy and their kids and not just an icon of the past.

FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:10 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
The 4cyl is supposed to be the midway between the v6 and gt. I would rather own the 4cyl over the v6 cause they sound better in my opinion and u cant say no to a turbo.
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:35 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
As long as the Mustang remains a reasonably sized 2 door with RWD I don't care whats under the hood as long as it's not a hybrid.
chitownpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:59 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
It makes sense, I guess. There is a new 3rd option which gets better gas mileage and more power than the V6 and is just barely more expensive. Had I been in the market for a car a little later, I'd probably be eye balling the Ecoboost. But I kinda feel special too. We 2014 V6 owners got the last V6s to offer performance packs and all that stuff. Sounds like Ford is only making rental car companies happy with the new V6.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:10 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

I heard they are making a 4 cylinder mustang?! Is this false information?
WipeYourEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:18 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by WipeYourEyes View Post

They are...
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:54 AM   #25
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
Kind of figured that when they announced in the beginning that the V6 was the lowest model, then the 4 and then the V8. A whole new war will be starting out here between the 4 and 8 people once they hit the streets.
Not to mention the current 6'ers, and that new turbo 4.

We will need to be on our best performance alertness.

Sales will certainly drive the future of the V6....however, with the Mustang going overseas, the folks over there love their 4 bangers, and with a turbo, it's not going to be easy for the V6.

This can also have an impact on the future of V6 performance goodies. If the V6 goes away, so would the go fast stuff for it.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:56 AM   #26
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WipeYourEyes View Post
You need to climb out of that rock more often you've been camping under....not only a 4 banger, but a turbo 4; with more stock HP than our beloved 6'ers.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:58 AM   #27
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownpete View Post
As long as the Mustang remains a reasonably sized 2 door with RWD I don't care whats under the hood as long as it's not a hybrid.
Careful, don't give the bean counters at Ford any idea's!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)