2015 mustang is horrendous - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-02-2014, 03:11 PM   #71
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14mustang v6 View Post
Looks just like my buddy's 2014 camaro

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app

The only similarity I see between that and a Camaro is he squarishness. Other than that it's not really that similar.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2014, 04:16 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Doubt that. They would try and cut weight as well as add power. A 3200 pound car with 300-350 horsepower isn't that fast. Thats 135 pounds less and 30-80 horsepower more than my 01, and its slow as hell.
If Ford or GM really wanted to they could put a LS7 or Shelby S/C'ed engine in every V8 car they produce with little to no cost increase to them that will run 11's all day long. The additional cost might equate to that of adding brembo brakes on a car. Although they care about the performance of these cars at the same time they care more about making a well balanced car that sells. Which is why they have the top end models to showcase performance (Shelby's, ZR1, etc). If you look at the percent of people who buy these cars new as in are GM/Ford customers the majority of them are not at the track everyone weekend trying to squeeze every .1 second off their time. The majority are buying them because they want a sports car that they can drive everyday. At some point if the scale tips to far in the performance side (suspension too stiff to where its uncomfortable to drive everyday, can't drive without spinning tires unless you have 315 DR's, etc.) it would hurt sales. And at the end of the day car companies care about sales more then performance.

And a 3200 lb car with 350 HP would run 12's all day long, I wouldn't exactly consider that slow.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 04:25 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
If Ford or GM really wanted to they could put a LS7 or Shelby S/C'ed engine in every V8 car they produce with little to no cost increase to them that will run 11's all day long.
Quote:
CAFE: If the average fuel economy of a manufacturer's annual fleet of vehicle production falls below the defined standard, the manufacturer must pay a penalty, currently $5.50 USD per 0.1 mpg under the standard, multiplied by the manufacturer's total production for the U.S. domestic market.
Nope, they couldn't and CAFE rules is why. It is in their best interest to price the gas guzzling engines higher, so they sell the smaller, more mpg efficient engines. Pricing stuff high also makes people drool over something they can't have yet buy something similar to it. There are good and bad sides to it, but this is why we can't buy a base-model Taurus with the SHO drivetrain for example. The days of "COPO" style cars is gone and it really irritates me.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2014, 05:25 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
Nope, they couldn't and CAFE rules is why. It is in their best interest to price the gas guzzling engines higher, so they sell the smaller, more mpg efficient engines. Pricing stuff high also makes people drool over something they can't have yet buy something similar to it. There are good and bad sides to it, but this is why we can't buy a base-model Taurus with the SHO drivetrain for example. The days of "COPO" style cars is gone and it really irritates me.
You are aware that a 2014 Shelby GT500 is rated at 15/24 MPG while a GT is 15/26 MPG. With what percentage of mustangs make up Fords total sales and even the smaller percentage of them being V8's I doubt that is the reason.

Although car guys will drool over it in reality very few would want to actually drive it every day. (Ford is in business to make money, if it would actually sell Ford would rather make money then have people drool over their cars). Having previously worked in the auto industry and talking to people you realize the demographics of people that buy brand new cars in the price range these cars are priced. I had a guy come in with a brand new C6 that money wasn't an issue and he choose a base over a Z06. The guy was 50 and said the Z06 rode too hard and the C6 made a better cruise car.

Again, I know personal preference for people on these forums are not going to agree with this but when you look at total sales of cars performance enthusiasts that are on these forums and race every weekend are the great minority. And there is a point where having a car too performance oriented and not geared towards everyday use would hurt overall sales.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:54 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Look at this . First image of 2015 Saleen 302 Mustang released | Mustangs Daily That is a true generic ASIAN GT not a STANG
Old 07-02-2014, 09:56 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toydos View Post
Look at this . First image of 2015 Saleen 302 Mustang released | Mustangs Daily That is a true generic ASIAN GT not a STANG
Wow that should not be allowed to have the mustang name associated with it
AcmeRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 12:47 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

You realize that is the '10-12 GT/CS front end with Saleen grill on the '15? The front on profile is highly deceptive too and makes it appear square when it's not.

Anyway, I think that's the best front end treatment I've seen to a '15 yet. It gets rid of the damn Evos grill that makes it look like a Fusion.

Old 07-03-2014, 12:55 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Personally I think the 15 Mustang looks great from the front and the side, but that extreme slope on the rear deck just turns me off. I seriously considered waiting for the '15 instead of buying my '14 in May, but I just couldn't get past that rear end. I don't think the new Stang is horrendous by any means, but the 2010-2014 body style is still much more pleasant to look at, imo.

However, the 2015 blows away the Fox-body styling. I try to forget the 80's ever happened to the Mustang. Sorry if you are a Fox lover but I just think they are so ugly.
ninerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 01:02 AM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

I'm still waiting for it to grow on me
mkashew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:42 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Funny how everyone likes different parts. Of the 15
To me the side is ok the back actually nice but the euro look front especially headlights screams not a mustang.
But I understand things have to change. I look at the 11-14's as the 69 and 70 and the 15 as the 71
Or from a Chevy perspective the 15 is the 58 Chevy.
Looks good but previous years where better.
Who knows maybe it will grow on me

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

12.30 @111mph

For Sale ?
AcmeRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:34 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

@AcmeRocket , that comparison is 100%
Old 07-03-2014, 12:20 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I know that I've been well documented on my pov of the 2015, but after seeing the unveil in NYC ... She's a beautiful creation in my eyes except for the lack of fogs in the grille

Big Jon -
Black 2008 GT "to punish and enslave" edition
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:01 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshow14 View Post
I believe the car will sell like hotcakes. I remember in 1993 when the 1994gt was being introduced in magazines everyone was saying how ugly they where and Ford is making a big mistake killing the foxbody. But the 94-98 not the best performers but turned out to be great looking cars. Same thing in 1998 introducing the 1999Gt, the write ups where horrible about the body style change, people where writing into Ford asking why don't they fire the engineers. But turned out to be some bad boy looking cars. So imo Ford has batted 1000 since 1982. Not counting the 60s and 70s.
These words stand true. The car lots will be full of 10-14's. maybe mine lol
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:33 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toydos View Post
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:36 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post
I know that I've been well documented on my pov of the 2015, but after seeing the unveil in NYC ... She's a beautiful creation in my eyes except for the lack of fogs in the grille

^this.

It also comes in a dark green color, which I think will look too kool.
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 08:39 PM   #86

Region: Colorado
Ford had to make a radical design change eventually. The "retro" platform has run its course and has been with us for 10 years now. That's a very long time in terms of car designs. Look at how radically the mustang changed from 1964-1974! I personally don't like the 2013-2014 refresh as it started to loose its retro appeal IMO. Couple all of what I listed above with the 50 year anniversary and you have the redesigned 2015 Mustang. Yes it looks incredibly similar to the Fusion. Why not copy some styling cues from the Fusion? It has been a very successful car for Ford. It seems Chevrolet is using this similarity concept in their vehicles too. Look at the similar styling cues from the Cruze, Camero, Corvette tail lights. Like it or not (and I personally do not like the 2015 Mustang) it's here to stay for at least a few years and maybe longer depending on sales numbers.
Smurfstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:05 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Everyone check out my new 2014 v6 mods and review vid/thread on here and please put thumbs up!
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 04:37 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfstang View Post
Ford had to make a radical design change eventually. The "retro" platform has run its course and has been with us for 10 years now. That's a very long time in terms of car designs. Look at how radically the mustang changed from 1964-1974! I personally don't like the 2013-2014 refresh as it started to loose its retro appeal IMO. Couple all of what I listed above with the 50 year anniversary and you have the redesigned 2015 Mustang. Yes it looks incredibly similar to the Fusion. Why not copy some styling cues from the Fusion? It has been a very successful car for Ford. It seems Chevrolet is using this similarity concept in their vehicles too. Look at the similar styling cues from the Cruze, Camero, Corvette tail lights. Like it or not (and I personally do not like the 2015 Mustang) it's here to stay for at least a few years and maybe longer depending on sales numbers.

Look at the Porsche very similar styling right from the beginning never strayed
too far of the original , Ford should have taken a clue from that very successful sports car. But as I have said before I do like the rear of the 2015 , it has some
67-68 Fastback GT cues..... with a modern flair but the front I just don't
see the heritage there.....
Old 07-05-2014, 05:00 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post

Look at the Porsche very similar styling right from the beginning never strayed

too far of the original , Ford should have taken a clue from that very successful sports car. But as I have said before I do like the rear of the 2015 , it has some

67-68 Fastback GT cues..... with a modern flair but the front I just don't

see the heritage there.....

+1 Lamborghini's also, I don't think there is anything wrong with stayin true to a certain styling that's distinctive from everything out there it's what sets you apart from others. Personally the mustang shouldn't have any resemblance of a Fusion, or any other car within the Ford family...

Big Jon -
Old 07-05-2014, 08:08 PM   #90

Region: Ohio
It does look nice in denim black, wheels and body. ( spotted it in Brownstown Twp. Mi )
kltrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:45 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
+1 Lamborghini's also, I don't think there is anything wrong with stayin true to a certain styling that's distinctive from everything out there it's what sets you apart from others. Personally the mustang shouldn't have any resemblance of a Fusion, or any other car within the Ford family...

Big Jon -

We'll said. But I also think the new style will probably grow on a lot of people once the hit the streets.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
nd4spd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:04 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4spd24 View Post
We'll said. But I also think the new style will probably grow on a lot of people once the hit the streets.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Trust me I'm one of them ... Lol when i saw it unveiled I instantly found that love I have for all mustangs and for this one. I'm staying true to mustangs until I die ...the only muscle car I ever wanted So it won't matter anyways hahaha

Big Jon -
Old 07-05-2014, 10:10 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:

Big Jon -

Right you are. The next thing you know that blue oval will be back in the grill. I learned my lesson though. I am keeping my 2012. Unlike the 1969 Mach 1 I sold far too many years ago.
iguanaman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 03:34 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Big Jon -

In that case we wouldn't have Mustangs.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1404678892.475160.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	834.4 KB
ID:	160887
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 03:48 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post
In that case we wouldn't have Mustangs.
Attachment 160887

Ahhhh, the Falcon. This man has points.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:27 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I think it was Iaocca that said he wanted the Mustang to be identifiable across a parking lot. I think current model meets that criteria, the 2015 not so much. It is far from the ugliest Mustang though and I hope Ford does well with it. The alternative is seeing more of those ugly Camaros.
iguanaman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:02 AM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Big Jon -

Old 07-08-2014, 06:02 PM   #98
Axe

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerone View Post
Personally I think the 15 Mustang looks great from the front and the side, but that extreme slope on the rear deck just turns me off. I seriously considered waiting for the '15 instead of buying my '14 in May, but I just couldn't get past that rear end. I don't think the new Stang is horrendous by any means, but the 2010-2014 body style is still much more pleasant to look at, imo.

However, the 2015 blows away the Fox-body styling. I try to forget the 80's ever happened to the Mustang. Sorry if you are a Fox lover but I just think they are so ugly.
Bravo, well said!

Ill take it a step further - I feel the same way about the SN95s - Celica-stang? Pass. Interior that's a diagram of the female reproductive system? Pass. They look Japanese. I love Toyotas- I have an FJ. But a Mustang shouldn't look like a Toyota.

I love all Mustangs! **

** Except those made from 71-04.
Axe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 04:24 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe View Post
Bravo, well said!

Ill take it a step further - I feel the same way about the SN95s - Celica-stang? Pass. Interior that's a diagram of the female reproductive system? Pass. They look Japanese. I love Toyotas- I have an FJ. But a Mustang shouldn't look like a Toyota.

I love all Mustangs! **

** Except those made from 71-04.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:44 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

I'm very excited to see how the '15 ecoboost performs, it's making me regret buying the '14 v6 a bit. The front end is a bit weird, but I think the front of the s197 is its stylistic weak point as well.
CUBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:55 PM   #101

Region: Europe
U guys are lucky at least u get the v8 last I earn the v8 isn't being sold here in Europe just the 2.3 and v6 the new mustang isn't getting much liked here either it's a love or hate car to be honest our rear lights are going to be clear which makes the cars rear end look hidious
Kentmustang2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:05 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentmustang2014 View Post
U guys are lucky at least u get the v8 last I earn the v8 isn't being sold here in Europe just the 2.3 and v6 the new mustang isn't getting much liked here either it's a love or hate car to be honest our rear lights are going to be clear which makes the cars rear end look hidious

The V8 wouldn't sell in Europe anyways. Gas (or petrol, as they say) is ungodly expensive in Europe. My buddy from Ireland said that most people can't afford to fuel anything but a four banger.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:44 PM   #103

Debated waiting for the 2015 or get the 2014 knowing the solid look it had and classic feel to it. The back of the 2015 is just too much to get over right now. Im sure after awhile ill start to like it but now im enjoying the 2014 v6 MCA I drove off the parking lot last week!
Foxrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:16 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

I think I'm gonna buy a '15 Ecoboost just to make people mad.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:38 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
I think I'm gonna buy a '15 Ecoboost just to make people mad.

But then you find out no one really gives a damn what engine you have and youre all like oh.
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)

Tags
2015 mustang