2015 mustang is horrendous - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-29-2014, 04:54 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
2015 mustang is horrendous

I'm sorry just had to say it. I have to admit I am disappointed with ford in trying to get rid of the v6 base model. I do not like the new body style. Glad I bought the 14 as it'll be remembered as last great generation of mustang.
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2014, 05:04 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
I totally agree with you, the new world Mustang is a Korean look alike GT, the last S197 is one of the best IMO , it has a blend of retro clues, late Shelby touches and the V6 has plenty of HP
Old 06-29-2014, 07:47 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I agree. I think Ford loves their Eco boost more than the consumers. On paper it looks great, however a V6 will always yield more power than a 4 cylinder which I why I cannot see myself buying a 4cylinder mustang.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
3.7L is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2014, 07:48 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
V6's and V8's will always be out there. They'll just get older as the years go by.

2008 Roush 427R
2014 V6 Prem
rmb427r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 07:50 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.7L View Post
I agree. I think Ford loves their Eco boost more than the consumers. On paper it looks great, however a V6 will always yield more power than a 4 cylinder which I why I cannot see myself buying a 4cylinder mustang.

The reason for the 4 banger ecoboost is this is the first year where the Mustang will be sold globally. Meaning not every country is psyched about a gas guzzling V8 or even a V6.

They have to play to their new market.
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:07 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I agree, 2015 mustang looks awful. It's like the fusions confused brother
Old 06-29-2014, 08:08 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I'm kinda iffy with the new 2015s but what really grinds my gears are people turning it into a ricer as if it's a Nissan or another sports car when in actuality, it's suppose to be an American Muscle car.

fknjulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:24 PM   #8
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
I'm hoping the 2015s will grow on me, but I'm really glad I have my '14.

The 2015s really just don't do it for me, and I was really hoping it would.

Old 06-29-2014, 10:13 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Oh boy, I'm going to go down the line.

1. Save the melodrama. The 2015 is not going to be the last generation of the Mustang so even if it were to be the most hideous you couldn't possibly know that the S197 was the "last great generation."
2. Name one Korean car that the 2015 looks like. Don't even say the Genesis Coupe because they look nothing alike except for their basic architecture (they are both coupes after all).
3. While a turbo V6 will make more power than a turbo I4, Ford knows that the game isn't only about power. Fuel economy is more important to most car buys than is power. Especially in the world market.
4. V6s and V8s will always be out there because Ford will continue building them. Why will they be getting older?
5. I, for the record, think that the 2015 Mustang looks 100x better than the Fusion. I don't know how this...

...looks like this...

I mean really. The grille is a different shape, the headlights are different shapes and look completely different altogether. The bumpers do not look very much alike nor do the hoods or the general stature of the two cars. I digress.
6. People have riced New Edges and SN95s to hell and back and I'm going to venture to say that the price point of the 2015 Mustangs will stop 16 year old kids from hellaflushing them at least for a few years until prices drop.
7. Rice doesn't just apply to Asian cars. Race-inspired cosmetic enhancements can be done on any car.

Sorry guys but some people in this and other threads like this one are being plain old dramatic. It'll all be alright. Lol
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:26 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Most people in this thread have the opposite opinion of you, so most people in this thread are wrong. Got it.
I forgot how opinions worked
Old 06-29-2014, 10:35 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin1337 View Post
Most people in this thread have the opposite opinion of you, so most people in this thread are wrong. Got it.
I forgot how opinions worked

I didn't mean to offend anyone, but at what point did I offer an opinion? I mean I "sort of kind of did" in point 5 but really I was just explaining what the pictures showed, which isn't really an opinion. Haha
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
Old 06-29-2014, 11:02 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
The two pictures you posted look very similar from a design standpoint...The mustang is wider and if you were to widen the fusion the basic design would look similar. I do like the rear of the 2015, the interior is awesome as well. I've had the chance to actually see one in person and the build quality is very nice and the IRS should make it a joy at the track. However, I dislike the front and hate that they are holding out the ecoboost six.
paintmann111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:05 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
i agree with this, i just do not like the rear end of the new look.

i have a 14 mustang v6 and hope they actually discontinue the v6 because that will only raise my value.

now i cannot speak for interior because i got the basic model w/o sync and this new mustangs interior looks pretty sleek.

other than that i dislike what ford is doing with this, hopefully they will hit the reset in the coming years.
wgolden30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:32 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

If you see the rear end in person I think you might like it. The 3-D taillights are pretty cool looking. Also, the longer they keep the v6 on the market, the better for us v6 guys because that will encourage more aftermarket parts/upgrades for them.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:29 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

The Mustang was advertised as European styling from day one.
Now let's compare a Mustang to a Ricer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1404106161.887433.jpg
Views:	567
Size:	989.2 KB
ID:	160399

As for opinions well you know what they say.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:20 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
Oh boy, I'm going to go down the line.

1. Save the melodrama. The 2015 is not going to be the last generation of the Mustang so even if it were to be the most hideous you couldn't possibly know that the S197 was the "last great generation."
2. Name one Korean car that the 2015 looks like. Don't even say the Genesis Coupe because they look nothing alike except for their basic architecture (they are both coupes after all).
3. While a turbo V6 will make more power than a turbo I4, Ford knows that the game isn't only about power. Fuel economy is more important to most car buys than is power. Especially in the world market.
4. V6s and V8s will always be out there because Ford will continue building them. Why will they be getting older?
5. I, for the record, think that the 2015 Mustang looks 100x better than the Fusion. I don't know how this...

...looks like this...

I mean really. The grille is a different shape, the headlights are different shapes and look completely different altogether. The bumpers do not look very much alike nor do the hoods or the general stature of the two cars. I digress.
6. People have riced New Edges and SN95s to hell and back and I'm going to venture to say that the price point of the 2015 Mustangs will stop 16 year old kids from hellaflushing them at least for a few years until prices drop.
7. Rice doesn't just apply to Asian cars. Race-inspired cosmetic enhancements can be done on any car.

Sorry guys but some people in this and other threads like this one are being plain old dramatic. It'll all be alright. Lol

WELL SAID!

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Bama Performance Tune
Raxiom LED licence plate bulbs
Black GT500 style spoiler
Will2329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 04:27 AM   #17
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.7L View Post

While I still enjoy my 3.7 V6, we are going to be in for a big suprise with the turbo 4. There's going to be some "spanking" going on with those...some V6 owners are going to get their pride handed to them on the streets.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:55 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintmann111 View Post
The two pictures you posted look very similar from a design standpoint...The mustang is wider and if you were to widen the fusion the basic design would look similar. I do like the rear of the 2015, the interior is awesome as well. I've had the chance to actually see one in person and the build quality is very nice and the IRS should make it a joy at the track. However, I dislike the front and hate that they are holding out the ecoboost six.

Yes, similar. Ford meant it that way. They wanted to give the mustang some of the design language of the rest of the line up and is call it a success. It wasn't a lazy attempt and I think it was a good idea since this isn't just a North American car anymore. It has to be identifiable as a Ford to everyone everywhere, ya know?
Old 06-30-2014, 07:18 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
While I still enjoy my 3.7 V6, we are going to be in for a big suprise with the turbo 4. There's going to be some "spanking" going on with those...some V6 owners are going to get their pride handed to them on the streets.
Unfortunately, I think you are right. Once the European car tuner guys get their hands on them and turn up the boost, (plus the weight advantage) bye bye n/a v6.

TBH I really don't like the design of the new mustang. I was hoping it would grow on me so I could upgrade to a new v8 in the coming year or two, but it looks like for now ill be picking up a used 13-14' until ford comes out with something better.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:57 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Hopefully the mid run refresh will make the car look better. The basic lines of the car are good. The front nose of the car is too big and the headlights are too far apart and maybe too small for the size of the car. That makes the car look strange at different angles. Its like the elephant in the room everyone is ignoring.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-30-2014, 08:01 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

That's exactly my point. If I ever want to upgrade to gt, it'll have to be a used 13-14 one. I refuse to purchase a 2015 (I mean unless this generation tanks and ford comes to its senses).
Old 06-30-2014, 08:12 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Just doesnt look like a Mustang. Don't know a better way to put it. If it were a Lincoln badged coupe to start I probably would have at least liked it a little more but still not a ton. But, in my opinion, when I heard new Mustang and saw it I was disappointed.

The 4 banger I get, its for international sales and that is important and who cares as long as they keep the V8.

Out of curiousity how many have seen it in person? I saw one on the road here in Naples. DIB and not a GT but I liked it even less in person than in pictures.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:15 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I still think it's a Euro / Asian blend with Fusion cues I just don't see American muscle. The car is going after a world wide market and thus has to appeal to
those markets , it's not that it's ugly but it's also not like it's on the same page
as a 1967 Fastback GT . The S197 is the closest thing to that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015 Mustang.jpg
Views:	39652
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	160414  
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:32 AM   #24
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Wow, Every time Ford makes a change

Now, Check out Mustangs over the years
Ford Mustang Through the Years: A Retrospective - Feature - Car and Driver

One thing going for the Mustang. The people that own the year they wanted just love them and even though they had different looks throughout the years they are all "MUSTANGS" and loved by their owners.

The 2015 will be no different. It will be loved by some and not liked by others, But it will still be a FORD MUSTANG.

I have a 2012 MCA premium and my opinion is it is the best looking Mustang in the whole wide World. Of course I still like all the other years but my 2012 just Torques me every time I look at it. I even have to go to my garage before I go to bed to look at my Mustang named "RED RYDER" I did not do that even when I had my Corvette.

The 2015 Mustangs still look like a Mustang with a lot of the original 1964 but modernized features. I think it will be a hit and they will sell a lot of them. I'm just hoping they stay in Flat Rock Michigan and not start building them in Mexico or China. Now, That would be tragic and the end of the last american Muscle car AKA ( Pony Car).

Corvettes and Mustangs are still the American Cars that are well known all over the world as being "AMERICAN"
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:32 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

ESta feo (it is ugly) much like the robbery against mex yesterday
Old 06-30-2014, 08:38 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkoritaNAY View Post
ESta feo (it is ugly) much like the robbery against mex yesterday

LOL!

fknjulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:40 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
I still think it's a Euro / Asian blend with Fusion cues I just don't see American muscle. The car is going after a world wide market and thus has to appeal to
those markets , it's not that it's ugly but it's also not like it's on the same page
as a 1967 Fastback GT . The S197 is the closest thing to that.
The S197 is the one to ADORE
Old 06-30-2014, 09:18 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

This is only my opinion but I've been to quite a few countries and whenever an American muscle car shows up people tend to flock over to it . I understand that Ford did this design to make it globally recognizable but I feel like they could have stayed with the current style or close to and been just fine in sales. Perhaps just adding the eco 4 to the lineup if they wanted.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app
air_commando88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:44 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
Yes, similar. Ford meant it that way. They wanted to give the mustang some of the design language of the rest of the line up and is call it a success. It wasn't a lazy attempt and I think it was a good idea since this isn't just a North American car anymore. It has to be identifiable as a Ford to everyone everywhere, ya know?
I understand and agree with your statements, however I think the mustang is not just a US cultural icon, but something many people love around the world. Its not like they are trying to sell/market a Pinto. Most people (even abroad) that have access to the internet, and thus funds to buy a Mustang, probably know what a Mustang is. I feel that even Europeans would have liked the American styling of the '13-'14 as something unique, compared to the "European" looking cars.

Most people who buy a Mustang buy it because they are either a car enthusiast or like unique styling that separates them from the herds of grocery getters. Europeans I feel are the same way. You don't by a mustang as a practical family vehicle. By making it more European, you alienate/divide your home market, while losing that unique edge that would have made it special in Europe. Ford was smart in using the ecoboost 4, but I think they dropped the ball with the front exterior styling.

Again, everyone has their opinion, this is just mine.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:53 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
2015 mustang is horrendous

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintmann111 View Post
I understand and agree with your statements, however I think the mustang is not just a US cultural icon, but something many people love around the world. Its not like they are trying to sell/market a Pinto. Most people (even abroad) that have access to the internet, and thus funds to buy a Mustang, probably know what a Mustang is. I feel that even Europeans would have liked the American styling of the '13-'14 as something unique, compared to the "European" looking cars.

Most people who buy a Mustang buy it because they are either a car enthusiast or like unique styling that separates them from the herds of grocery getters. Europeans I feel are the same way. You don't by a mustang as a practical family vehicle. By making it more European, you alienate/divide your home market, while losing that unique edge that would have made it special in Europe. Ford was smart in using the ecoboost 4, but I think they dropped the ball with the front exterior styling.

Again, everyone has their opinion, this is just mine.

Makes sense, have they changed Lamborghini's and Ferrari's to look like mainstream American cars to increase sales here? Don't think so. If they did, sales would probably go down.

Guess that's a whole different market of buyer, so it might not be a good comparison...I think you get the point, though.
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:21 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
That's OK. I've got most of the new engine parts for my 2012 to begin a swap out maybe this fall. Tremec Magnum XL trans and the Quicktime bell housing for the LS engine. Thanks FORD for the 3380 lb. hotrod.
Black12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:24 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black12 View Post
That's OK. I've got most of the new engine parts for my 2012 to begin a swap out maybe this fall. Tremec Magnum XL trans and the Quicktime bell housing for the LS engine. Thanks FORD for the 3380 lb. hotrod.
I just hope your "LS" is short for Laguna seca and not .....something else.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app
air_commando88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:38 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toydos View Post
The S197 is the one to ADORE

gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:40 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I swear in a year everyone is going to be ditching there 11-14's for the 15/ 16's. Its also funny to hear V6 guys saying they would never buy a 4 cylinder turbo mustang for how much they complain about the V8 crowd giving them a hard time about buying a V6 mustang.

And for how much people are complaining about the weight I swear the reason ford gives these so much power is to compensate for the weight. I can guarantee you that IF ford actually got the mustang down to to 3200 lbs they would not put a 420 HP engine in it (aside from the Shelbys or Cobras). Instead they would top it off at 300-350 HP and spend the R&D on making it more fuel efficient. Although Ford respects the Mustangs race heritage they know who buys their cars and the majority of people do know car if the cars runs 11's as they would rather have a comfortable daily driver with good power. This is shown in everything they add to these cars; heated/ cooled seats, navigation, etc.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:14 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I wouldnt call it a ugly car or horrandus as you put it but its definitely not a beautiful car like 2014 is in my opinion.

Even after looking at the above two pictures, although it is not exactly like fusion , the front does look like a fusion. To me the front is not even the problem , i actually kinda like the way the front looks.

However i really really hate the way the back looks.

I am sure some people like it better then the current mustang but i purchashed my mustang 3 months ago when i knew 2015 was coming out in few months and how it was going to look like.

That should tell you exactly what i think about the new mustang.
1800CoolGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)

Tags
2015 mustang