2015 ecoBoost...the fact no one is talking about. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-13-2014, 12:06 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
grom80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 321
2015 ecoBoost...the fact no one is talking about.

Now you probably have read a gazillion posts about this new 4 cylinder engine...and all the pros and cons as well as the "attitude/principle" bashers or those who are fooled in thinking it is a great way to save cash on gas and still get the hp.

Yes fooled...

Because u keep reading all these articles and all these praises for this new toy pony of an engine, but No one, especially the press, is asking a simple question :

"How long will this engine last ? Will it take the mileage we are used to in American engines ? Or will it fall apart after 30k miles ?"

As an article said..."EcoBoost is just plain better than the 3.7L V6…"...MY ***. A 4 cylinder is far less balanced as an engine than a V6...anyone in the motor world will tell you that...who cares about the extra 5hp if you are squeezing the hell out of 4 cylinders. Moreover you will be extremely limited on mods...I foresee the classic Euro car issue...after 40k miles the engine is yesterday's garbage! ...and I am someone who owned numerous sports cars back in Europe that were all 4 cylinder supercharged or turbo. The great thing about American cars is their longevity...we'll see about this engine...

I bet my house that is Ford's "secret" intention...steer non GT buyers (who could simply not afford it...) towards a 4 cylinder that lasts 30-40k miles and then they are forced to rebuy...because it boggles my mind to keep reading such garbage articles where supposed "experts" praise this toy pony of an engine without even addressing life-span or longevity or reliability questions...look at all the Euro engines ! THEY DO NOT LAST! When I lived in Europe a car that was 30k miles (especially a sports car...) was OLD and time to change! That is because they could NOT take the mileage !

Any attempt I made to state this point on mustang FB pages (official)...resulted in my posts being deleted and me being blocked. Smells like last week's fish...
grom80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-13-2014, 12:27 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Sounds like speculation. And the same chance every engine has. Kind of sounds like what some people thought about the ecoboosts in the F series. A few years and 100k+ miles later, all is going well.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 12:29 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
grom80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 321
Sure...I am not saying it will go bad, but no one is even raising the query. And why am
I getting blocked ??
grom80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-13-2014, 12:34 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ish416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Winchester
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,209
Why would anyone build an engine that doesn't even last till the end of it's 5 year/60,000 mile powertrain warranty? That makes no sense.

Also, inline 4's are generally more balanced than a V6. An inline 6 however is inherently balanced.

Another thing... This new ecoboost is far from being pushed. It only makes 134 HP\L. My old Evo made 140 HP\L (280HP stock and 2.0L) and it had several hundred HP left on it's stock internals. Given these are different engines, the majority of inline 4's are capable of a lot more power than what they come with stock.

I think this engine will have a good bit of power left on the table from the factory. A tune (more boost), intake, exhaust and intercooler I would image could gain at least 50 RWHP, assuming the turbo isn't maxed out from the factory.

I suppose we will just have to wait and see how this all pans out.
__________________
99 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 M6 - 6.676 @ 103 in 1/8, 10.512 @ 130.2 on street tires, H/C/I
93 Eagle Talon TSI AWD 5spd - Built 6 Bolt, 16G Evo3, HKS 272 Cams - under construction
Ish416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 12:43 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
grom80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 321
Absolutely...but perhaps they do not know how it will perform with time...the fact is that it is indisputable that a strung out 4 cylinder will not last as much as a comfy V6 or V8...this is nt rocket science.

134hp ?? Wait a sec...it's supposed to be 310 horsepower...and 320 torque...

I owned 3 sports cars in Europe :

VW Corrado G60 (1.9 supercharged 4 cylinder)
Toyota Celica (4 cylinder turbo 2.0)
Fiat Uno Turbo (4 cylinder 1.6)

all of them at 30k miles more or less...start losing compression, bunch of maintenance etc...

I'm just saying...
grom80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 01:41 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ish416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Winchester
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by grom80 View Post
Absolutely...but perhaps they do not know how it will perform with time...the fact is that it is indisputable that a strung out 4 cylinder will not last as much as a comfy V6 or V8...this is nt rocket science.

134hp ?? Wait a sec...it's supposed to be 310 horsepower...and 320 torque...

I owned 3 sports cars in Europe :

VW Corrado G60 (1.9 supercharged 4 cylinder)
Toyota Celica (4 cylinder turbo 2.0)
Fiat Uno Turbo (4 cylinder 1.6)

all of them at 30k miles more or less...start losing compression, bunch of maintenance etc...

I'm just saying...


134 HP per liter of displacement. So 134.7 x 2.3 = 310


Just because you had issues with three, 4 cylinder cars means nothing. I have owned several, all of them as reliable as anything else. In fact, I have blown up more V8's than I care to count, one V6 and never lost a 4 cylinder (my talon did die only because I let a friend drive it when the tune was off). Buying a mechanically sound car with proper maintenance goes far. The girl that bought my Evo, last I knew, had over 150,000 miles on it with no issues at all. That car was putting down 330 awhp and 320 awtq (roughly 400 BHP from a 2.0L engine) before it had 1,000 miles on it.

I've had friends with Dodge SRT-4 Neons pushing 450 whp and only replacing the head gasket and studs. It was a reliable, daily driver. Same with DSMs, other Evos, Subarus, Hondas, VW/Audi, etc.. All making big power while still remaining completely driveable and reliable.


Your argument is severely lacking of any actual data.
__________________
99 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 M6 - 6.676 @ 103 in 1/8, 10.512 @ 130.2 on street tires, H/C/I
93 Eagle Talon TSI AWD 5spd - Built 6 Bolt, 16G Evo3, HKS 272 Cams - under construction
Ish416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 04:26 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
grom80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 321
My father was in the motor world and he always told me "there is no substitute for cylinders"....I own a V6 by the way, not a V8...so I am not one of those classic anything but 'gt' bashing guys.
grom80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 04:41 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by grom80 View Post
My father was in the motor world and he always told me "there is no substitute for cylinders"....I own a V6 by the way, not a V8...so I am not one of those classic anything but 'gt' bashing guys.
That was true for the older days. But not now.

you would just have to see a 1000 whp gtr from a 60 roll.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:01 PM   #9
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Look at the 2JZ and RB26, those are 6 cylinders and stomp on a lot of V8s like it's nothing. You can make power out of anything and have it reliable at the same time.

I predict the Eco boost outselling the V6 and V8 models.


Bullitts are better than Bullets
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:10 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
The ecoboost probably will. The OP's post just came off as a rant about 4 cylinder engines to me. Ford has had ecoboost engines last a long time, this one won't be different.

Isn't it forged from the factory?
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:20 PM   #11
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
The ecoboost probably will. The OP's post just came off as a rant about 4 cylinder engines to me. Ford has had ecoboost engines last a long time, this one won't be different.

Isn't it forged from the factory?

If anything it'll be powder forged. But I don't see that happening.


Bullitts are better than Bullets
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:46 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
I thought I had heard it was forged, probably just the crank tho.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:49 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by grom80 View Post
Absolutely...but perhaps they do not know how it will perform with time...the fact is that it is indisputable that a strung out 4 cylinder will not last as much as a comfy V6 or V8...this is nt rocket science.

134hp ?? Wait a sec...it's supposed to be 310 horsepower...and 320 torque...

I owned 3 sports cars in Europe :

VW Corrado G60 (1.9 supercharged 4 cylinder)
Toyota Celica (4 cylinder turbo 2.0)
Fiat Uno Turbo (4 cylinder 1.6)

all of them at 30k miles more or less...start losing compression, bunch of maintenance etc...

I'm just saying...
VW Corrado and Fiat Uno?
It's no wonder that you have a bad opinion of boosted 4 bangers...
The Toyota CAN'T have been as bad as those two!

This isn't Ford's first "rodeo" with a turbocharged four cylinder in a Mustang... They built them, sporadically, in the late 70's through mid eighties. And aside from the factory technicians having to learn about fuel injection and turbochargers, on the customers cars, they were pretty reliable.
That was 30+ years ago.
Ford Motor Company has been in business for 111 years without a single government bailout
It's a global market now.
They know what they're doing and they know what the car buying public wants.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:07 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Chicago
Region: Illinois
Posts: 147
I've seen some 4 cylinders last a very long time. I wished my mustang had one, turbo 4s are a blast (especially with an automatic) and get great mileage when not on boost. I hope it's a winner for Ford. Might even bring in a whole new range of buyers, especially if it can move like an STI or EVO in acceleration.
chitownpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:23 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Portland
Region: Oregon
Posts: 205
I think you are going to lose your house if you wager that Ford is going to put out an engine that lasts only 30k miles. You may have had some bad luck with turbo four-banger motors in your past, but the rest of the world seems to get over 100k miles out of them... so maybe you just don't know how to take care of it. Maybe you do. That isn't a jab or an insult. But the turbo 4-cylinder wouldn't be as popular as it is today without some solid reasoning. Every major car manufacturer offers one. They have been around for years, and plenty of people run the snot out of them day in and day out.

So, unless you have some empirical data to support your claims, I can see why you might get banned/blocked for being a troll or basher.
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 01:59 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Texas
Region: Texas
Posts: 182
OP misses the point entirely. How many turbo Fiesta's and Turbo Focus's are running around? How about the Fusion, the Escape, and the Explorer? All come with the 2.0l turbo 4 that the new mustangs engine is based off of.

Small displacement with forced induction is here to stay. You can't have your 400hp V8 without a small four cylinder engine taking up the slack with Cafe credits. In fact, the new ecoboost mustang is critical for the survival of our big V8s.

As for power, expect 400hp (crank) to be achievable with bolt-ons and a tune. Anymore and you'll need to start swapping turbos. I half expect 350+ to be available with just a tune. I'm basing these power levels off the 2.0L turbo found in the Focus ST. With tunes people were adding 50hp or so. A new downpipe and a front mount intercooler adds another 20hp give or take.

I'll laugh my *** off when someones 5.0 gets chased down by an ecoboost mustang. Its going to happen. That engine will offer huge performance gains for not a whole lot of money. I'll still take a V8, but to each their own.
BadCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:35 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
DeJoe8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Waterbury
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 148
Lol at comparing a 2015 car to a 1990. I had an Audi that I traded in on my Mustang with 155K miles on it, and only replaced the diverter valve in it, and it ran like a top. Turbo diesels, though very different, run forever. I have several friends with WRX's that have high mileage with zero issues. You're compaing apples to oranges.
DeJoe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 09:39 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
yugoboss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 60
4 bangers have there place, but not in a Mustang. What a disgrace to the
Car.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang
yugoboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 09:41 PM   #19
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by yugoboss View Post
4 bangers have there place, but not in a Mustang. What a disgrace to the
Car.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang

You do know without the smaller engines the Mustang would not exist right?


Bullitts are better than Bullets
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 09:45 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,246
Went to the dealership yesterday. They had a DIB ecoboost, loaded with 20's for 32.
I thought long and hard. I wanted it, idk why but I really wanted it if I hadn't dropped what I have in my coyote I would trade it in.

I fkn loved that car

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 10:12 PM   #21
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Went to the dealership yesterday. They had a DIB ecoboost, loaded with 20's for 32.
I thought long and hard. I wanted it, idk why but I really wanted it if I hadn't dropped what I have in my coyote I would trade it in.

I fkn loved that car

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
You could have the first 15 to 1000hp rap

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 10:18 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
You could have the first 15 to 1000hp rap

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Lmao. a turbo swap would be alot of fun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 10:23 PM   #23
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Lmao. a turbo swap would be alot of fun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
You should take one for a test drive someday

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 10:25 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
You should take one for a test drive someday

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
May do it tomorrow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 01:44 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
WJBertrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ventura
Region: California
Posts: 517
Guy at work here has a heavily breathed on Mazda Speed 3 that's putting 450HP to the front wheels (he showed me the dyno chart). He also showed me the odometer - 110,000+ miles and still running strong. I drove it and it's a torque steering beast!

Maybe the reason no one is talking about it is there's no "fact" there.
__________________
-Jeff-
Ventura, CA
2013 GT Premium Brembo
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
WJBertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:56 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Aggiesrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
You do know without the smaller engines the Mustang would not exist right?


Bullitts are better than Bullets

If it wasn't for V8's, you know the mustangs with little engines would not exist, right?


Chevy runs deep, don't step in Chevy.
__________________
chevy runs deep, Don't step in chevy!

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 04:15 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Cbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Region: Iowa
Posts: 456
My only gripe with the new ecoboost is that it's not a H4. I'd love it if the 4 cylinders rumbled just as much as the GT

Seriously though, I like my GT and I love V8s but I would trade it all for a '15 ecoboost in a heartbeat.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Cbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 12:20 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
grom80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 321
^^
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1422253215.212999.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	174265


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
grom80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 11:11 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
c_rizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: New Orleans
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,008
Everything is losing cylinders, displacement and going to forced induction.

Just look at most of Ford's line up & you'll see ecoboost all over the place.

Domestic:
new Ford GT will have 600hp+ ecoboost v6.
new Ford Raptor will have 400hp+ ecoboost v6.

Exotic:
new Ferrari 488 will have smaller twin turbo'd V8. (vs outgoing 458)
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:54 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: chattanooga
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 20
EPA is choking out big motors and making manufactures looking for alternative means of power.
str8boostin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:55 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: chattanooga
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 20
Also a new version of a motor is never good to get the first year. You always want the manufacture to work all the bugs out of it before you buy it.
str8boostin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:16 PM   #32
Registered User
Newbie
 
zflyer2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Matthews
Region: Delaware
Posts: 10
Send a message via AIM to zflyer2
My memory seems to remind me that 50 years ago 100 BHP per liter was about the limit for engine life in british sport car engines. We are blessed with much better materiels and machineing now.
zflyer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 05:23 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
Panther140's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: xxx
Region: Other
Posts: 1,473
I wish they didn't drop cylinders.
I would drive a turbocharged 3L V8 any day. It would be kinda cool and probably rev to the moon. Maybe they're saving that for later??


However, Every turbo version of every car has ALWAYS had more issues than their N/A versions of the same car. There is simply MORE **** TO BREAK. Its common sense. Why do you think there are muscle cars 50 years old that are still kicking? Its not because they had great technology to make things reliable, its because they are simple and there is less complexity. Complexity = problems. Great rule of thumb for everything in lfie.
Panther140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 05:28 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
Panther140's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: xxx
Region: Other
Posts: 1,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCon View Post
OP misses the point entirely. How many turbo Fiesta's and Turbo Focus's are running around? How about the Fusion, the Escape, and the Explorer? All come with the 2.0l turbo 4 that the new mustangs engine is based off of.

Small displacement with forced induction is here to stay. You can't have your 400hp V8 without a small four cylinder engine taking up the slack with Cafe credits. In fact, the new ecoboost mustang is critical for the survival of our big V8s.

As for power, expect 400hp (crank) to be achievable with bolt-ons and a tune. Anymore and you'll need to start swapping turbos. I half expect 350+ to be available with just a tune. I'm basing these power levels off the 2.0L turbo found in the Focus ST. With tunes people were adding 50hp or so. A new downpipe and a front mount intercooler adds another 20hp give or take.

I'll laugh my *** off when someones 5.0 gets chased down by an ecoboost mustang. Its going to happen. That engine will offer huge performance gains for not a whole lot of money. I'll still take a V8, but to each their own.
Which would you prefer to buy on the used market 15 years from now?
Panther140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 08:47 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
bamaboy2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Carrollton,
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by grom80 View Post
Now you probably have read a gazillion posts about this new 4 cylinder engine...and all the pros and cons as well as the "attitude/principle" bashers or those who are fooled in thinking it is a great way to save cash on gas and still get the hp.

Yes fooled...

Because u keep reading all these articles and all these praises for this new toy pony of an engine, but No one, especially the press, is asking a simple question :

"How long will this engine last ? Will it take the mileage we are used to in American engines ? Or will it fall apart after 30k miles ?"

As an article said..."EcoBoost is just plain better than the 3.7L V6…"...MY ***. A 4 cylinder is far less balanced as an engine than a V6...anyone in the motor world will tell you that...who cares about the extra 5hp if you are squeezing the hell out of 4 cylinders. Moreover you will be extremely limited on mods...I foresee the classic Euro car issue...after 40k miles the engine is yesterday's garbage! ...and I am someone who owned numerous sports cars back in Europe that were all 4 cylinder supercharged or turbo. The great thing about American cars is their longevity...we'll see about this engine...

I bet my house that is Ford's "secret" intention...steer non GT buyers (who could simply not afford it...) towards a 4 cylinder that lasts 30-40k miles and then they are forced to rebuy...because it boggles my mind to keep reading such garbage articles where supposed "experts" praise this toy pony of an engine without even addressing life-span or longevity or reliability questions...look at all the Euro engines ! THEY DO NOT LAST! When I lived in Europe a car that was 30k miles (especially a sports car...) was OLD and time to change! That is because they could NOT take the mileage !

Any attempt I made to state this point on mustang FB pages (official)...resulted in my posts being deleted and me being blocked. Smells like last week's fish...
Or just put the 3.5 ecoboost engine in the 15s that will be a big game changer, Also keep the 3.7 as a option, they are rumors that the 3.5 ecoboost engine is going in the new raptors which means more horsepower then the 6.2, I think they need to use that motor in the new mustangs

Sent from my XT907 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
bamaboy2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 Mustang: Leaning toward Ecoboost model... tedness 2015 Mustang GT 82 05-19-2015 04:59 PM
2015 Mustang. Independant Rear Suspension and an Ecoboost 4 cylinder. Thoughts? 4968coyote 2015 Mustang GT 81 01-14-2014 02:02 PM
new 2015 engine lineup info including Ecoboost Coyote Ricky35 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6) 84 05-04-2013 10:13 PM
I have confirmed that Cali is in fact better than NJ Brent The Bar 18 01-19-2006 03:25 PM
Karma does in fact exist Brent The Bar 5 12-22-2005 05:02 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



06:19 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.