Glad I got this generation v6 - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-25-2014, 09:38 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
If companies are smart, they'll make a kit like that or other kits to try to bring out the "Mustang" in these cars. Note to Cervinis: Your stuff for the S197 was way too ricey, stop pandering to boy racers.
That's the stereotypical Mustang crowd though lol. But I agree, it's especially evident in their Hood selection. Too many scoops that do nothing. This isn't a WS6 trans am or Corvette, Mustangs are not set up for ram air.
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2014, 09:41 PM   #107
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
All ram air does is suck up a bunch of bugs anyway, throw the filter and MAF in the inner fender and call it a day.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:46 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
If companies are smart, they'll make a kit like that or other kits to try to bring out the "Mustang" in these cars. Note to Cervinis: Your stuff for the S197 was way too ricey, stop pandering to boy racers.
Yeah, that would be something that would. Convince me to order one when I have the money again. Also agreed about Cervini, the hoods and stalker fascia for the 13-14 are good though.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2014, 09:47 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Yeah, that would be something that would. Convince me to order one when I have the money again. Also agreed about Cervini, the hoods and stalker fascia for the 13-14 are good though.
The only hood I like from them and the one I'll probably buy is the Cobra R. That one looks nice.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
Old 09-25-2014, 09:52 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
The only hood I like from them and the one I'll probably buy is the Cobra R. That one looks nice.

I like ur style

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 09-25-2014, 09:55 PM   #111
Road Trip!

Region: California
Quote:
That's the stereotypical Mustang crowd though lol. But I agree, it's especially evident in their Hood selection. Too many scoops that do nothing. This isn't a WS6 trans am or Corvette, Mustangs are not set up for ram air.
...... What are you trying to say?
RushGotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:56 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushGotti View Post
...... What are you trying to say?
Lol nothing. Just not my style with the scoops. I like Simple and clean personally.

Old 09-25-2014, 10:03 PM   #113
Road Trip!

Quote:
Lol nothing. Just not my style with the scoops. I like Simple and clean personally.

Well, I don't like scoops either, But I have the Ram air and that's why I commented... lol.

Anyways, I bought it because I liked the look of it, So it doesn't matter.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:03 PM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

The only hood I'd get from them would be the Stalker hood, because if I was going to get a scoop, it would have to be functional.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:06 PM   #115
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
The hoods look good for the most part. They have a pretty wide selection and I will give them the fact that their hoods fit perfect. I know because my 98 has a Cervinis. They are also an hour from me so no shipping costs at all. That said, the Stalker stuff is rice and a lot of their cladding and bumpers are really gaudy.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:07 PM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The only hood I'd get from them would be the Stalker hood, because if I was going to get a scoop, it would have to be functional.
They're all "functional", but they don't really do much of anything with a modern car like ours. The heat extractors do help with heat issues, Hence why the 13+ GTs have them, but intake scoops do not.

Old 09-25-2014, 10:08 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

That is true about the bumpers, idk how the Stalker hood would be rice, it's functional.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:12 PM   #118
Staff
Regular
Staff

I meant the stalker body stuff minus the hood. Cervini's makes really awesome hoods but I'm not a fan of the rest of their offerings at all.

Old 09-25-2014, 10:20 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

I saw a blue and black 2014 Shelby roll up next to me today and it looked like it was going to eat everything for lunch. Just screamed testosterone. It stopped and started like something you'd see getting ready at a drag strip.

The main problem with the Mustang is actually fairly simple. That is, GM has the Camaro and the Corvette. Dodge has the Charger and the Challenger. Ford has just the Mustang. So it has to stand entirely on its own. There is no second option for the hoolgan in us. Either it wins us over or we go elsewhere. Which the 13s and 14s did.

"Not saying this 2015 model won't be popular but I'm just not hearing and seeing all the enthusiasts placing their orders in. I have a local mustang club of about 200 members and not ONE member has said they are getting a 2015 model. I went to numerous various car shows this summer and in conversation with people the 2015 is not even a thought. "

And you know all of them are dreaming of the day they can get a 2014 Shelby 5-6 years used. Because the 15 doesn't win them over.

This really *is* the 70s all over again. The 13 and 14 could be compared to the 72 and 73 Mach 1. Then it went downhill with "Euro" styling, smaller engines, and a move to try to get Europe and sales to more women into the mix.

1970 Mustang Mach 1

You can *so* see the resemblance to the current model to this one. And both were aimed at just throwing caution and corporate sense to the wind - and just making a big wad of something that every young boy wanted and respected.

Then came 1974...
JOberlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 10:35 PM   #120
Staff
Regular
Staff

Yep, most ppl I talk to hate the 2015 as well. Heck there are ppl out there who still don't even like the S197 vs the SN95 and foxes.

Honestly I think that the New Edge is one of the best/meanest looking cars out there, just have to deal with the Fisher Price interior. Which honestly is not all that bad from a functionality standpoint if you throw in a good touchscreen setup. I really don't find myself wanting for anything in my 98 as far as creature comforts. Stereo is upgraded, seats are new, carpet is new, entire interior was removed and a clean black one was installed, ac is ridiculously cold, heat is nuts hot and everything works. Obviously I am in the minority about liking the jelly bean 94-98 cars lol.

Old 09-25-2014, 10:39 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

The Mustangs I like, 1969 Mach 1 428 Cobra Jet, Boss 429, any GT500, the 2000 Cobra R(car that started me liking any cars) and all S197's.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:45 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Yep, most ppl I talk to hate the 2015 as well. Heck there are ppl out there who still don't even like the S197 vs the SN95 and foxes.

Honestly I think that the New Edge is one of the best/meanest looking cars out there, just have to deal with the Fisher Price interior. Which honestly is not all that bad from a functionality standpoint if you throw in a good touchscreen setup. I really don't find myself wanting for anything in my 98 as far as creature comforts. Stereo is upgraded, seats are new, carpet is new, entire interior was removed and a clean black one was installed, ac is ridiculously cold, heat is nuts hot and everything works. Obviously I am in the minority about liking the jelly bean 94-98 cars lol.
The fisher price interior part cracked me up haha
45thMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 10:49 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The Mustangs I like, 1969 Mach 1 428 Cobra Jet, Boss 429, any GT500, the 2000 Cobra R(car that started me liking any cars) and all S197's.
Same but i love that boat sized 73 mach 1 too.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:01 PM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah. That's true. I wish they had a Mach 1 hood for the 13-14's.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:13 PM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah. That's true. I wish they had a Mach 1 hood for the 13-14's.
I'm wondering how many new parts will be produced for the 13-14 models now that we are getting a new body style. Also this body style was only around for two years so its not as beneficial to make parts for cars that didn't keep the style long. I mean it makes sense to make parts for like 99-04 and 05-09 still cause thats 4 years worth of cars on one body at the same time so a lot of people get the benefit.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:16 PM   #126
Registered Member
Regular

The 11-12 got a Mach 1 hood
Old 09-26-2014, 06:38 AM   #127
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
The 11-12 got a Mach 1 hood
The 10-12 is easily the better looking of the 10-14 body style IMO. CDC lip, saleen grille, nice stance and either do a light smoke on the stock tail lights or swap them with some 13/14 tails and you have an insanely man looking car. I think a smoked light looks fine since the 13/14 tails leave a little gap in the 11/12 bumper. The 13/14 is a pretty car don't get me wrong, but it looks like its smiling at you and the GT500 grille openings look like a top and bottom hamburger bun.

Old 09-26-2014, 06:40 AM   #128
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOberlander View Post

The main problem with the Mustang is actually fairly simple. That is, GM has the Camaro and the Corvette. Dodge has the Charger and the Challenger. Ford has just the Mustang. So it has to stand entirely on its own. There is no second option for the hoolgan in us. Either it wins us over or we go elsewhere. Which the 13s and 14s did.
I didn't get this. The only thing they have in common is FR, are you just saying Ford needs another FR? The Camaro/Corvette, challenger/charger don't really have anything in common but drive train layout.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 06:53 AM   #129
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
I didn't get this. The only thing they have in common is FR, are you just saying Ford needs another FR? The Camaro/Corvette, challenger/charger don't really have anything in common but drive train layout.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Yeah I don't get this either. The Charger and Challenger are pretty much the same thing, one just has 4 doors. It should be more like... GM has the Camaro and Vette and Chrysler (Fiat) has the SRT8 stuff and the Viper. Ford did the supercar thing with the Ford GT and it was faster in all aspects than the Z06 of the same year. I don't think they think they need to have anything above the GT500 but maybe someone will decide to bring back the GT at some point.

The biggest problem I think Ford is going to have with US enthusiasts is styling but they'll still make a killing from this car in the international market and 90% of Mustang buyers will still get it because they are V6 (now I4) drivers who just want a Mustang and don't care so much about omfg performance. Those who do care about omfg performance... may find the 2015 5.0 is a world beater and will get it even though they aren't huge fans of the looks. For the rest of us that think Ford screwewd the pooch... there are a TON of garage queen 11-14 GT/G500/Bosses out there along with 07-10 GT500s and Terminators that might as well be new cars.

Old 09-26-2014, 07:59 AM   #130
Registered Member
Regular

I view it from the opposite standpoint. The camaro can only ever be so good because it cant step on the Corvettes toes, otherwise Chevy has to beef up the corvette substantially as well. They did that with the C7, but thats neither here nor their, my main point is that Ford has no such worries. The Mustang IS Ford's flagship, so they can do whatever they want with it, and make it however badass they want to, without worrying about another model above it. There was a lot of gusto at Dodge regarding the Hellcats horsepower in relation to the Viper, so now apparently they're developing a supercharged viper engine, but again, no such worry in the mustang world.

If we do see a flat plane 5.2L in the GT350, with the sophisticated IRS, then the mustang really will be a supercar contender within the next generation or two.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 08:22 AM   #131
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
I view it from the opposite standpoint. The camaro can only ever be so good because it cant step on the Corvettes toes, otherwise Chevy has to beef up the corvette substantially as well. They did that with the C7, but thats neither here nor their, my main point is that Ford has no such worries. The Mustang IS Ford's flagship, so they can do whatever they want with it, and make it however badass they want to, without worrying about another model above it. There was a lot of gusto at Dodge regarding the Hellcats horsepower in relation to the Viper, so now apparently they're developing a supercharged viper engine, but again, no such worry in the mustang world.

If we do see a flat plane 5.2L in the GT350, with the sophisticated IRS, then the mustang really will be a supercar contender within the next generation or two.

There is only one year I can think of that GM produced a car faster than the Corvette, the 20th Anniversary 1989 Turbo Trans Am. That car, and one other Corvette from another year were the only cars that paced the Indy 500 in pure stock form. It was running an intercooled version of the Buick turbo V6. 13.4 in the quarter all day long.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 09:20 AM   #132
Staff
Regular
Staff

I remember when Ford de-tuned the 1st and 2nd generation SHO Taurii because they were faster than the Mustang GTs of that time period. I had a 95 SHO ATX with the 3.2 and even for an automatic of that era, it got the hell out of its own way. Also was loaded for 1995 with leather, power everything, moon roof, climate controls etc... Paid $2500 for it lol.

Old 09-26-2014, 09:36 AM   #133
Registered Member
Regular

Lol my dad always used to talk about that car. Said it had one hell of a wicked engine in it.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:06 AM   #134
Staff
Regular
Staff

It did. Revs real high, real smooth, lots of power for what it is. Its basically a huge motorcycle engine when it boils down to it. Hardened shims and everything.

Old 09-26-2014, 10:15 AM   #135
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The 10-12 is easily the better looking of the 10-14 body style IMO. CDC lip, saleen grille, nice stance and either do a light smoke on the stock tail lights or swap them with some 13/14 tails and you have an insanely man looking car. I think a smoked light looks fine since the 13/14 tails leave a little gap in the 11/12 bumper. The 13/14 is a pretty car don't get me wrong, but it looks like its smiling at you and the GT500 grille openings look like a top and bottom hamburger bun.
I don't see it

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1411744487529.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	166910  
Old 09-26-2014, 10:22 AM   #136
Staff
Regular
Staff

Top opening is the top bun, front of the bumper is the patty, bottom opening is the bottom bun. Once you see it...

Also this looks just way more agressive and nothing is smiling at you, at least IMO.

Only problem is that license plate. We do have to run them here but you can run no-drill brackets you can remove for photo shoots and track days. Oh well.

Old 09-26-2014, 10:29 AM   #137
Road Trip!

Call me biased, But I hated the 2010-2012.... 2013-2014 caught my attention.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:45 AM   #138
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushGotti View Post
Call me biased, But I hated the 2010-2012.... 2013-2014 caught my attention.
I loved the '10-'11 GTs to the point that I put that front end on my V6. I think the '12s went downhill with the HID headlights, made them look cross eyed. I also have a '13 but don't think it looks near as aggressive as the '10-'11s.
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 10:46 AM   #139
Registered Member
Regular

I have a '13 with the Gt500 grill and was told by several people i was behind at my last track day that the car looks SUPER aggressive coming up behind. My only gripe is that i cant use the '12 Boss lower bumper / splitter / grill combo thing. That would look cool as hell
Old 09-26-2014, 10:48 AM   #140
Registered Member
Regular

Looks mmmeeeaaannn
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	166911  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)