15 Mustang article - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-19-2014, 01:29 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
15 Mustang article

You guys should go to yahoo and search for "Driving the 2015 ford mustang" the writer is downplaying not only the turbo 4 but also any v6 of any generation. He's one of those has to be a v8 or I ain't buying type of guy. Let the guy have it in the comments section!!!

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2014, 02:20 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Im not trying to be a jerk or anything, but were the minority. Dont get me wrong I love my car. It looks great and fun to drive,but....its still not a GT. Thats the first question I always get when I tell people its a 6, "why didnt you buy the V8?". For a DD the 6 works great for me, Im not a kid any more and Im not looking to go as fast as possible. If you spend any time on the FB Mustang pages, pretty much everyone has a V8 type of Mustang, us sixxers get shunned. Sad but true...
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 02:47 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
LOL you think v6's are the minority? Try again. V6's are sold much more frequently than v8's. For most people, the v6 is enough power, plus they're more concerned with gas mileage than all the v8 guys (myself included) who tend to be the heavy modders and focus on how power power we can crank out. Now the majority of the forums are v8 guys cause were trying to figure out the latest and greatest ways to mod our cars and see what everyone else has done with them. I know I don't belong over in the v6 section, but I like keeping up with whats going on over on this side of the road too with mustangs. V6 guys don't troll near as bad at the v8 crowd, so it makes for a better read. Before the 3.7's came out, the v6's in the mustangs were pretty pathetic performance wise. Now they're a force to be reckoned with. Clamphier has proved that with his turbo build.
2013_DIB_GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2014, 02:51 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013_DIB_GTCS View Post
LOL you think v6's are the minority? Try again. V6's are sold much more frequently than v8's. For most people, the v6 is enough power, plus they're more concerned with gas mileage than all the v8 guys (myself included) who tend to be the heavy modders and focus on how power power we can crank out. Now the majority of the forums are v8 guys cause were trying to figure out the latest and greatest ways to mod our cars and see what everyone else has done with them. I know I don't belong over in the v6 section, but I like keeping up with whats going on over on this side of the road too with mustangs. V6 guys don't troll near as bad at the v8 crowd, so it makes for a better read. Before the 3.7's came out, the v6's in the mustangs were pretty pathetic performance wise. Now they're a force to be reckoned with. Clamphier has proved that with his turbo build.
He meant they are a minority as far as the modding/performance community. Which is correct. Most people that buy the V6 will never change a thing. They got it because they wanted a Mustang and that's it.

When you compare the people modding the V6 to the GTs, it's a no brainer.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 02:53 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013_DIB_GTCS View Post

At least here in Cali. I see way more GT, GT500 and Boss 302 more than any V6.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 03:21 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I believe ford sells more 6's than the GT. And that number will increase by a **** load when the 15's come out and the mustang will become available world wide! I'm guessing within 2 years the eco 4 will be the one pushing fords mustang sales, followed by the 6, if they don't phase it out, then followed by the 5.0. If anyone has the sales numbers for last year between the GT and 3.7 please post. I'd be interested to see the numbers.

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 03:23 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
I believe ford sells more 6's than the GT. And that number will increase by a **** load when the 15's come out and the mustang will become available world wide! I'm guessing within 2 years the eco 4 will be the one pushing fords mustang sales, followed by the 6, if they don't phase it out, then followed by the 5.0.

GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
Just due to oil prices in Europe and Asia, the 4 banger will reign in the non North American markets. I think the V6 will sell the least of the three. Which is what Ford seems to be counting on.

2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
Old 09-19-2014, 03:25 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
Just due to oil prices in Europe and Asia, the 4 banger will reign in the non North American markets. I think the V6 will sell the least of the three. Which is what Ford seems to be counting on.

Yeah actually I think your right.

Old 09-19-2014, 03:29 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Even up here I'm seeing less and less new GT's on the road. Fuel prices are getting ridiculous here. This morning gas is 1.42$ a liter for 87, I pay 1.56$ for 91. Just 10-15 years ago GT's were everywhere, not so much anymore. : (

Old 09-19-2014, 03:31 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Even up here I'm seeing less and less new GT's on the road. Fuel prices are getting ridiculous here. This morning gas is 1.42$ a liver for 87. Just 10-15 years ago GT's were everywhere.

I believe it. I think the choice for foreign markets will just boil down to a fuel efficient fun entry level 4 turbo or the "true American muscle" V8. The V6 will become the black sheep again. :/

Old 09-19-2014, 03:37 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
I believe it. I think the choice for foreign markets will just boil down to a fuel efficient fun entry level 4 turbo or the "true American muscle" V8. The V6 will become the black sheep again. :/

Yep.....unfortunately. Maybe foreign markets will get the ecoboost v6 as a "GT" style option down the line? Who knows. Its gonna suck if they axe our 3.7s.

Old 09-19-2014, 06:17 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
I believe ford sells more 6's than the GT. And that number will increase by a **** load when the 15's come out and the mustang will become available world wide! I'm guessing within 2 years the eco 4 will be the one pushing fords mustang sales, followed by the 6, if they don't phase it out, then followed by the 5.0. If anyone has the sales numbers for last year between the GT and 3.7 please post. I'd be interested to see the numbers.

Your totally right. Ford sells a boat load more V6 models than V8 models. I'm not convinced Ford will stop producing a V6 model especially in the States. I think the 4 banger was produced for overseas where fuel prices are extremely high. I personally don't think Ford is gonna attrack all those fast and furious Subaru WRX enthusiasts to buy the 4 banger turbo stang.

I personally would buy the 4 banger turbo over the V6 model but i know how awesome a factory turbo set up can be. The far majority of non enthusiasts have not a clue

Sent from my naked Johnson. The third real non Boss 227
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)