How long to get convertible ordered 1/5/15? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-06-2015, 12:52 PM   #1

Region: California
How long to get convertible ordered 1/5/15?

Can you report your actual wait time for a recently received 2015?
Or, if your order is pending, what have you been told and you expect as a wait time?
Any idea if Convertibles might be different?
The Sales Mgr offered to order the color I wanted after drastically reducing his price on the V6 051A Magnetic Met. convertible he had on his lot, to near the same offer on the car he had. He knew I was serious and was paying cash (60% from outside 1.99% loan).
So I ordered it last night. Another Sales mgr working with me said it would take about 10 weeks. He also said he would make it #1 on their list. I have no idea what that means and I don't hold my breath that it means anything at all. I thought I had heard an 8 week number in passing from talking to dealers in the past week.

Wondering if wait times are longer for convertibles because maybe they have to consolidate 'x' number of orders to justify a possible manufacturing line change for the significantly different car??
Ordered 1/5/15: 2015 Convertible V6, Deep Impact Blue, 051A Group and almost all of the Brutally short list of options offered for Convertible V6. (no Premium package or leather seats offerred for V6 Convert.)
davekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2015, 02:24 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by davekro View Post

Wondering if wait times are longer for convertibles because maybe they have to consolidate 'x' number of orders to justify a possible manufacturing line change for the significantly different car??
I imagine they only make convertibles certain times of the month, since they have structural differences as well as the obvious. But they might make them parallel on a different line. It would be interesting to find out.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 07:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post
I imagine they only make convertibles certain times of the month, since they have structural differences as well as the obvious. But they might make them parallel on a different line. It would be interesting to find out.
I know. Inquiring minds. Ford, just send your build sched. procedure.
Ordered 1/5/15: 2015 Convertible V6, Deep Impact Blue, 051A Group and almost all of the Brutally short list of options offered for Convertible V6. (no Premium package or leather seats offerred for V6 Convert.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2015, 08:24 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
It took my boss 6 months to get a build date

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 11:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
It took my boss 6 months to get a build date

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
OUCH! What date did you order, Wwhen were you notified of the build date and when did you take delivery?

Thanks
Old 01-06-2015, 11:55 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
OUCH! What date did you order, Wwhen were you notified of the build date and when did you take delivery?

Thanks
He ordered in July and by October he had no build date so he looked one up and cars.com that had everything he wanted and he drove to get it

Old 01-06-2015, 11:58 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
He ordered in July and by October he had no build date so he looked one up and cars.com that had everything he wanted and he drove to get it

What reasons if any was he given? was there some kind of parts issue or he ordered from a tiny dealer that did not 'earn' an allotment for this specialty car? I don't know if the former even comes into play.
Old 01-07-2015, 12:05 AM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
What reasons if any was he given? was there some kind of parts issue or he ordered from a tiny dealer that did not 'earn' an allotment for this specialty car? I don't know if the former even comes into play.
No reason. We just live in Washington in a small place and the dealer only ordered two so that might have contributed

Old 01-07-2015, 12:28 AM   #9

After I ordered from the "sells a lot of Mustangs" dealer at Sunnyvale Ford in Silicon Valley, I wondered if I should have waited to order from the very small town dealer close to me in Brentwood, CA (Bill Brandt Ford). Then I realized the small dealer does not do the large volume would be much less likely to cut the price as aggressively as Sunnyvale did when I just did not want the color they had on the lot. Deep Impact Blue is non negotiable for me. And the S'vale dealer made me think hard with his final offer of a Cash Sale Price of $31,195 (before $500 Rebate!) on the Magnetic Met. (V6, 051a Group, Automatic, Reverse Park assist == MSRP of $32,410 ). So it was $1,215 below MSRP. For the Blue color I wanted I was going to have to Fly to LA ($225) and work with a dealer that very bad reviews for sleazy practices on AutoTrader web site. It was a big plus to avoid that possible challenge too.
Old 01-07-2015, 12:00 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
there is a white convertible 3.7 here at my dealer chapparrel ford in devine texas
rickb9ol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 12:38 PM   #11
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
8 weeks in salesman terms = the Biblical expression of 40 days and 40 nights = it's gonna be a while but we are not really sure how long.
Old 01-07-2015, 03:47 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
8 weeks in salesman terms = the Biblical expression of 40 days and 40 nights = it's gonna be a while but we are not really sure how long.

Lets not forget 40 days and 40 nights might be business only

SR Performance CAI, Diablosport Intune bama tuner, Roush Axleback, Matte black rocker stripes.
Quack is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)